Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 115924 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Dec 05, 2006 11:19:49 pm
      Okay then - so who's actually bumped in to them - when and where and what was happening.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 09:35:51 am by JD, Reason: Topics merged »
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2006 11:30:39 pm
      I went to  Dave Bowens testimonial match against the fantastic 1977 team on 22nd November 1977 at Northamptons  ground. I got on the pitch and tried to remove Phil Neal's shorts.
      I  was unsuccessful I'm sorry to say.  Don't know if he'll remember but I got just about a finger tip to them.  My claim to a brush with a Liverpool player.  My nephew was called on as a sub for Northampton Town.  I was thrilled but not as thrilled as seeing Kev and the lads up so close.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2006 11:42:16 pm
      I was on my way to the pictures with my girlfriend a few weeks back to go watch The Devil wears Prada. Anyone feel sorry for me? Anyway, me Dad dropped us off and away he went. Few mins down the road he went to top up on some petrol. Only to see Didi Hamman pull up in his Cobra! Me Dad got his fuel and went up to pay for it. Didi, was infront. And the woman on the till charged Didi for me Dads fuel along with the stuff Didi had bought and he was going F***ing nuts! Me Dad stepped in an confessed it was his, so they started talking. I think he had just got back from Manchester they got beat 4-2 I think. Me Dad shook his hand, my two Brothers shook his hand and met him.
      While me, few mins down the road... dragged into a film which was complete bollocks.
      Only four words is appropriate.
      I was F***ing gutted.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2006 11:44:52 pm
      Liverpool v Blackburn last season, I left the pub at my usual time of 2.55pm. I ran down the back of Rocky Road and turned across the back of the main stand. just as I got to the Shankley Gates I ran straight into some Knob who just jumped out of a black cab on the Annie Road. I looked up and was ready to kick off, When King Kenny smiled and just put his hand on my back and moved passed me!

But the Funny Stories, belong to misses Crazy Horse! While walking along the Albert Dock I saw a black lad in a flash trackie walking to-wards us. I recognized his face but couldn't picture it. As he moved closer it was Nicolas Anekla (During his loan spell). I said to misses Crazy Horse, Thats Nicolas Anelka! Wow, she sounded really impressed!! until five minutes later when she said "Who's Nicolas Anleka?"!!!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2006 11:46:00 pm
      I was on my way to the pictures with my girlfriend a few weeks back to go watch The Devil wears Prada. Anyone feel sorry for me? Anyway, me Dad dropped us off and away he went. Few mins down the road he went to top up on some petrol. Only to see Didi Hamman pull up in his Cobra! Me Dad got his fuel and went up to pay for it. Didi, was infront. And the woman on the till charged Didi for me Dads fuel along with the stuff Didi had bought and he was going f***ing nuts! Me Dad stepped in an confessed it was his, so they started talking. I think he had just got back from Manchester they got beat 4-2 I think. Me Dad shook his hand, my two Brothers shook his hand and met him.
      While me, few mins down the road... dragged into a film which was complete bollocks.
      Only four words is appropriate.
      I was f***ing gutted.

That has to be the funniest if only for the comedy irony of you going to watch a sh*t film while tight arse Didi Hamann was nearly going to knock your old fella's lights out.   :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2006 11:52:17 pm
      as I live in southport and my daughter and a few mates live in formby I see players all the time I did the conga with paddy berger in a club called qdos in southport he was supposed to be injured at the time and I can assure you he wasnt that nite.

And I once had a 10 minute chat with stevie g bout 6 years ago outside a club called bar non again in southport.

My mate used to work delivering pizzas from a shop called antonios in formby next to freshfield station right on victoria road which is footballer paradise down there and I used to go with him for summit to do and he regularly delivered pizzas to neil ruddock and alan shearer when they used to live down there.

there a plenty of other times as well but as you see living where i do its a regular occurence to see players knocking about the town.
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2006 11:54:48 pm by liverpaul »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #6: Dec 06, 2006 09:12:20 am
      I've had a few good 'brushes' with the lads, a good few years ago I used to follow them all over. In 1992 I was lucky enough to travel to Moscow for the Cup Winners Cup match at Spartak Moscow (lost 4-2  Grobbelaar sent off, Burrows went in net) and the morning of the match I had a look round the Lenin Stadium, and suddenly all the team came out for a warm up. Took loads of piccys, and had some taken with Souness, Rob Jones, Michael Thomas and David James. Got to say what a good bunch of lads and all had time to speak.
      Another time was pre season in Germany, 1995 I think, I went out to watch them play SV Hamburg and Hertha Berlin (Fowler hat trick), and flew home with the whole team the next day. Had good chats with Barnes, Nicol and Paul Stewart.
      Happy days !!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Dec 06, 2006 11:10:08 am
      Bumped into a few players, just never really arsed about actually talking to them, although John Barnes was a complete legend when I saw him outside Lime Street waiting for a lift to go to Creamfields just after we won the treble in 2001. Me and a mate were waiting on the top deck of bus to go to creamfields when he collared him (he was a blue) and immediately began thumping on the window and singing his song, Digger grinned and gave us a big thumbs up.

Remember seeing Peter Beardsley in town around 1988 with my brother, mum and nan round by the old Radio Merseyside studios in a ford Granada trying to do a three point turn, again it was just a simple alright peter lad, he pulled up gave us that stupid geordie grin of his and then gave us his autograph.

Also remember seeing Razor Ruddock being harrassed by two wools outside the garage kop end while I was going down to get tickets for a particular game. Ended walking past as he jumped in his porsche (must of been before he crashed it)

Although the funniest must of been when me ma took us down to melwood in 1984 to get some autographs, Rushie was injured at time, so I had to make do with Phil Neals and Alan Kennedy's (European legends both!!) our kid though who is three years younger so was only about four, clocks Sammy Lee and just runs over going nuts "look it's sammy lee!!!!" who then promptly picks up our kid and swings him round before giving him an autograph, must have made him feel f***in boss (sammy lee that is) have to add here that Kenny D stormed past in a slightly narked mood!!

Seen Kenny years later shopping with his missus when I worked in Southport as well as Jocky Hansen, walked right past Captain Scarlet, hit me about a second later, turned round clocked how tall he was and it was indeed Jocky!!

Also saw Barney Rubble attending a football tourney round ours (Huyton) just after Istanbul, was going to one of the elads to pick something up and he was getting out of his motor and walking down to Georgies playing fields in Huyton, must say a typical friendly geordie fella, who does loads for charity!!
      scousesaz06
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 06, 2006 11:30:31 am
      before god left us 2 join leeds i bumped in 2 him in hmv i was looking at football dvds & he was looking at the everton 1's 4 sum reason i said hi to him & got his autograph :o
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Dec 06, 2006 10:43:28 pm
      While waiting to go in to the Youth cup Semi Final at Anfield this year, we were walking past the players entrance when a car pulled up and out got Rafa and two minders, anyway just as they went passed, i pushed myself forward, put my hand out and said to Rafa, "pleased to meet you' he gave me a big smile and shook my hand, i never washed it for a week, made my night that did !!     ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #10: Dec 07, 2006 12:05:26 pm
      I bumbed in to michael owen once at the docks, i got his autograph and said hi and stuff then he was off. I also bumbed into roy keane at manchester airport!! walked straight past in my full liverpool kit and a stevie g scarf round my neck!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: Dec 07, 2006 12:54:38 pm
      I bumbed in to michael owen once at the docks, I got his autograph and said hi and stuff then he was off. I also bumbed into roy keane at manchester airport!! walked straight past in my full liverpool kit and a stevie g scarf round my neck!!!

You had the full Liverpool kit on in Manchester Airport?? Excellent work. 
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #12: Dec 07, 2006 02:48:24 pm
      You had the full Liverpool kit on in Manchester Airport?? Excellent work. 
      yeah and this fella think he was security, starts going on about how it could start trouble i was thinkin F**k off you manc!
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 07, 2006 05:47:26 pm
      while i was at school i used to see Barnsey, Molby & Grobbs most mornings dropping their kids off.

my cousin's little fella played junior footy with Jason McAteer's little brother & jason would regularly watch (he was a Trotters player at the time)

went to uni at Salford & worked in an Irish bar in Manchester city centre that was regularly frequented by the dirty mancs, one Xmas, pretty much the whole first team (barring Cantona & Fergie) were in. while serving Steve Bruce a pint of Guinness, i took great plessure in telling him & Brian McClair exactly what i thought of them & their team!

living in cumbria now, i rarely get to bump in to anyone but last year Hansen & Lawro were both in Morrisons in Penrith (officially the most expensive Morrisons in the country!)

and i know for a fact that Gary Neville's mam DOES take it up the shi**er!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: Dec 07, 2006 06:31:39 pm

living in cumbria now, I rarely get to bump in to anyone but last year Hansen & Lawro were both in Morrisons in Penrith (officially the most expensive Morrisons in the country!)

Cant believe you know the most expensive supermarket in the country, even i dont know that !!   :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #15: Dec 07, 2006 07:15:37 pm
      Cant believe you know the most expensive supermarket in the country, even I dont know that !!   :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:

M & S - Warrington Gemini.  It's a fact ;)
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 07, 2006 07:22:16 pm
      Me uncle was in the same class & school as Thomo, apparently Thomo was the best country runner at the school!!!

But me... i walked straight past Les Ferdinand in Central London.. he came out of a Land Rover garage
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Dec 07, 2006 07:37:08 pm

But me... I walked straight past Les Ferdinand in Central London.. he came out of a Land Rover garage

Best thing you did all day !! ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #18: Dec 07, 2006 07:38:20 pm
      M & S - Warrington Gemini.  It's a fact ;)

You must have money Jabs - shopping in M&S for your food !!  ;) ;D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #19: Dec 07, 2006 07:42:55 pm
      yeah and this fella think he was security, starts going on about how it could start trouble I was thinkin fu*k off you manc!

When I go manc airport I always make sure I have my liverpool shirt and scarf on.
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 07, 2006 07:57:08 pm

i didnt rekonise him at first, i thought he was someone i knew and then i said to my mate.. where do i know him from and he told me he was les ferdinand and i was like... DO'H how did i not know! oh well he had a very nice merc
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #21: Dec 07, 2006 11:00:42 pm
      When I go manc airport I always make sure I have my liverpool shirt and scarf on.
      Suprised no Manc walked up to you. ;D.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2006 07:39:36 pm
      Bump...This thread's way too good to start sloping off.

Quick Reply