Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)

Read 30469 times
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Re: Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)
      Reply #391: Mar 21, 2009 09:00:25 am
      Interesting to see how this unfolds - again it's the European game that isn't. Come on the lads!
      rasahi
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #392: Mar 21, 2009 09:43:19 am
      I didn't like the way we keep playing with Chelsea every year. It keep boring now watching again and again Liverpool vs Chelsea games. It would be better if were drawn with Man Utd. By the way lets kick chelsea out. And would prefer to meet Bayern in the next round. I dont like repeating fixtures.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #393: Mar 21, 2009 10:05:32 am
      Yes you beat us 4-1 but at the end of the day its that Premiership trophey that matters & we have won that already its in the bag :) all you have got is one good player torres all the others are c**p even Steven Gerrard I don't rate him all you guys worship him but he is worse then Phil Neville, I think Phil is a prehaps a better player & he plays for Everton anyway I am a football anarok & know my stuff,  plus Liverpool have never won the Premiership & MUFC are going to get gready this season & win the lot, maybe if you were nicer to them they would have given you one.
      You're a football anorak and know your stuff do you ?
      right here goes !
      Having a trophy in the bag implies that it has already been won the P.L hasn't so WRONG on that one !
      Get independent advice regarding which of our players are good or not, your too biased !
      Gerrard /Phil Neville debate, again get independent unbiased opinions not just your own Gerrad is probably the best player in England, Neville, pah don't get me started on him !
      Liverpool may not have won a PREMIERSHIP title but at the end of the day it was only renamed so Fergie can claim we haven't won it !

if we're using that Analogy then you have only won 1 European Cup to our 4 !

lets stick to facts shall we, Rafa Does !

English Top Division Titles 18, UNSURPASSED !

Europe's Top Title  5  English Record !

25 YRS OF PLAYING CATCH UP AND STILL NOT THERE !

Anorak My Arse, more like Tunnel vision Trafford-itis !
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #394: Mar 21, 2009 10:31:10 am
      Let's forget the champions league, i watched the Man Utd & Liverpool match on Sky & Man utd was the better side Liverpool were lucky to get that 4-1 win come on you guys that saw the match be honest!!, laws of avarages Liverpool have beaten MUFC at home & away, but MUFC will beat Liverpool in the champions league (Laws of avarages) MUFC are gonna win all 5 tropheys this season & make sir Alex a god!!., as for the benitez avatar i wanted a Gary Neville one why wasn't that available to me?

Law of averages?
      Unfortunately, you obviously haven't seen Benitez' european record have you? Law of averages means nothing.

You say all 5 trophies, but you've already missed out on one of them (super cup), so your clean sweep is in fact obsolete before it started.
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #395: Mar 21, 2009 10:31:41 am
      MUFC lucky?? We have players we can replace our players if injured even Jose Mournino said they were the best team in history, what if Torez & Gerrard were injured you would really be in the s**t

Let's talk with facts, we have more wins without Torres and Gerrard, than you have without rooney and ronaldo...
      You aren't lucky - you are VERY lucky
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #396: Mar 21, 2009 10:49:10 am
      MUFC lucky?? We have players we can replace our players if injured even Jose Mournino said they were the best team in history, what if Torez & Gerrard were injured you would really be in the s**t
      Your right!! but we have players that can replace him unlike Liverpool :)
      yes, you mancs are the most lucky bas**rds in the whole world! i mean first you get porto and then either villareal or an underperforming Arsenal!
      and what are you talking about good back-up? what happened when you people were without ronaldo in the beginning of the season? it just goes on to show that you need a pussy like ronaldo to win, otherwise you are sh*t!
      what will happen to us if we lose stevie g. and torres....um let's see...WE CAN F***ing DEFEAT YOU!! (remember 13 september??)
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #397: Mar 21, 2009 12:15:43 pm
      Well said jindaldhruv! These mancs forget the time that they were struggling without Ronaldo and always call us a two-man team because Gerrard and Torres are our two best players, does that mean Carragher, Alonso and Mascherano (to name a few) are all sh*te? And 13 September is when we beat you mancs 2-1 without Gerrard (for most of the game!) and Torres, so if we are a two-man team what does 13 September say about you?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #398: Mar 21, 2009 12:17:46 pm
      Has anyone noticed, and I may be getting a little paranoid, but this is really getting to me.

Livverpool have drawn Chelsea, NOT Chelsea have drawn Liverpool. Its as if Chelsea have the god given right to be there and we, the No1 UEFA ranked team, are guests, awaiting there fate.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #399: Mar 21, 2009 01:34:53 pm
      Well said jindaldhruv! These mancs forget the time that they were struggling without Ronaldo and always call us a two-man team because Gerrard and Torres are our two best players, does that mean Carragher, Alonso and Mascherano (to name a few) are all sh*te? And 13 September is when we beat you mancs 2-1 without Gerrard (for most of the game!) and Torres, so if we are a two-man team what does 13 September say about you?
      thanks, mate :)
      we still have the likes of carragher, mascherano, aurelio, kuyt, alonso etc. etc. to depend upon. whom do they have? a certain b***ard named vidic, who is their player of the season? our torres just showed what he could make of their "player of the season"!!
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #400: Mar 21, 2009 01:48:00 pm
      No worries, it's what we are here for.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #401: Mar 21, 2009 02:26:42 pm
      No worries, it's what we are here for.
      hehe :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #402: Mar 21, 2009 03:18:47 pm
      Law of averages?
      Unfortunately, you obviously haven't seen Benitez' european record have you? Law of averages means nothing.

You say all 5 trophies, but you've already missed out on one of them (super cup), so your clean sweep is in fact obsolete before it started.
      you know as I do mate that manUre followers and their manager are very selective and only quote any facts that will favour their club,we on the other hand can quote straight from the record books which show that Liverpool Football Club are the most successful British side of all time so F**k the gobshites
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #403: Mar 21, 2009 04:06:15 pm
      Now we have to do the double over Chelsea twice.
      Yeh but over to legs, they will be shaking in there pants. Everybody knows over 2 legs we are one of the best if not the best team in the world.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #404: Mar 21, 2009 04:22:01 pm
      Yeh but over to legs, they will be shaking in there pants. Everybody knows over 2 legs we are one of the best if not the best team in the world.
      I couldn't agree more.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #405: Mar 21, 2009 04:28:29 pm
      I apologise to everyone for my apauling writing, I wrote 'to' I meant to write 'two' not sure what I was thinking, sorry :S
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #406: Mar 21, 2009 04:31:47 pm
      I apologise to everyone for my apauling writing, I wrote 'to' I meant to write 'two' not sure what I was thinking, sorry :S
      I'm sorry but as you mentioned it, its spelt...appalling
      rasahi
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #407: Mar 21, 2009 04:35:38 pm
      CL??????????? Just concentrate with Fulham if they can make it to full time. :f_whistle:
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #408: Mar 21, 2009 05:17:11 pm
      I'm sorry but as you mentioned it, its spelt...appalling
      :D :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #409: Mar 23, 2009 10:48:12 pm
      Is Masch suspended for the first leg against Chelsea? If so then it'll be vitally important Xabi doesn't pick up any sort of knock against Fulham.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #410: Mar 23, 2009 10:49:49 pm
      Yep. Masch is suspended.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #411: Mar 23, 2009 11:09:39 pm
      God knows...depends on who is available. Reckon there will be no surprises in that it will be too close to call and lady luck will be in force. Would rather go into this game knowing that united had stubbled again and that the CL wasn't the bee all of our season
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #412: Mar 24, 2009 02:01:58 am
      5 tropheys I really don't want to worry you but the way to spell the plaural of trophy is to remove the y and add I e s. So that alone shows the brains you have.

maybe he was trying to warn us about his 5 atrophies
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #413: Mar 24, 2009 03:34:29 am
      Was thinking about the Masch suspension. Who do you guys think Rafa will opt for, will we see Lucas slot into Xabi's place and Xabi drop into the DM role?? Or will we see Gerard and Xabi in the centre with Kuyt and Torres up front and Benayoun on the right. Personally I would like to see the second option we are at home and need to grab some sort of an advantage so a more attacking approach would be welcome. But then on the other hand we had Lucas against the Mancs and slotted 4, so I really dont know what will happen???????? ???

Quick Reply