Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)

Read 30467 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)
      Reply #414: Mar 24, 2009 03:54:26 am
      Was thinking about the Masch suspension. Who do you guys think Rafa will opt for, will we see Lucas slot into Xabi's place and Xabi drop into the DM role?? Or will we see Gerard and Xabi in the centre with Kuyt and Torres up front and Benayoun on the right. Personally I would like to see the second option we are at home and need to grab some sort of an advantage so a more attacking approach would be welcome. But then on the other hand we had Lucas against the Mancs and slotted 4, so I really dont know what will happen???????? ???

Lucas will play for sure as a DM.The lad has grown in confidence over the past few games & I think he can be trusted for the job.Do you think Kuyt & Torres upfront is a more potent partnership than Gerrard & F9T?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #415: Mar 24, 2009 05:34:57 am
      Was thinking about the Masch suspension. Who do you guys think Rafa will opt for, will we see Lucas slot into Xabi's place and Xabi drop into the DM role?? Or will we see Gerard and Xabi in the centre with Kuyt and Torres up front and Benayoun on the right. Personally I would like to see the second option we are at home and need to grab some sort of an advantage so a more attacking approach would be welcome. But then on the other hand we had Lucas against the Mancs and slotted 4, so I really dont know what will happen???????? ???

I think it will be a straight swap with Masch out and Lucas in. I am sure Spearing will be waiting on the bench hoping to get 10-15 showing. Also I would be shocked if Kuyt isn't playing on the right and Riera on the left simply to track their full-backs when they go on a attack.

Big thing is away goal, we give up one away goal it is going to make things a lot harder for us like last year.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #416: Mar 24, 2009 05:48:08 am
      I never suggested that the Kuyt and Torres was more potent than the Gerrard and Torres partnership. My point is that in order for Gerrard to get that spaceto freelance he has been reliant on Masch and Alonso to hold the space behind him. Given that it is a Euro tie I am in two minds really on how the game will be approached as of late we have been putting them away but surely we must apply a certain degree of caution and ensure we do not concede that away goal.
      rasahi
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #417: Mar 24, 2009 08:11:27 am
      I never suggested that the Kuyt and Torres was more potent than the Gerrard and Torres partnership. My point is that in order for Gerrard to get that spaceto freelance he has been reliant on Masch and Alonso to hold the space behind him. Given that it is a Euro tie I am in two minds really on how the game will be approached as of late we have been putting them away but surely we must apply a certain degree of caution and ensure we do not concede that away goal.
      We may concede an away goal, but it should be 4 - 1. I don't think Chelsea will manage to beat us 3 - 0 at Bridge
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #418: Mar 24, 2009 09:30:19 am
      We shouldn't fear anyone chelsea are scared of us because of our record in the champions league against anyone not just them.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #419: Mar 24, 2009 09:48:09 am
      We shouldn't fear anyone chelsea are scared of us because of our record in the champions league against anyone not just them.
      Im sure we will give them a good run for their money. As long as nobody gets injured during the International break I think we will be fine, We should defiantly go all out at Anfield and try and win 3/4 - 0 then it makes the away leg just a slight bit easier :)
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #420: Mar 24, 2009 11:34:37 am
      why be so downbeat its time for revenge for the last time they beat us!!! final here we come ;-)

Too Right!  Bring it on! We Fear No-One
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #421: Mar 24, 2009 11:55:04 am
      I was just wondering who furgescum had to suck off to get the draw against porto and then Arsenal or Villareal.Im not worried we will beat the Scum come the final anyway.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #422: Mar 28, 2009 07:29:25 pm
       :f_wah:  Just realised, if when we play our second leg at home (Semi final 6th May), I will be in mid-air on my way home from my holidays.  Might have to have a word with the pilot to give us a shout on the intercom with any scores  :D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #423: Mar 28, 2009 07:58:56 pm
      Sure he will Smiggs , just flash a leg. :).  What if it's a woman, i dont know :laugh:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #424: Mar 29, 2009 10:12:06 am
      Sure he will Smiggs , just flash a leg. :).  What if it's a woman, I dont know :laugh:

He can have more than a flash of me leg if he keeps me updated on the scoreline  ;) ;D

Quick Reply