Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)

Read 30547 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)
      Reply #345: Mar 20, 2009 06:17:00 pm
      Interesting how We get to eliminate the english club. We will win though!

Were playing Russians mate  ;)

Wonder will Roman leave his flags underneath the seats  :lmao:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #346: Mar 20, 2009 06:19:49 pm
       To make it short, I can't wait for a LIVERPOOL vs ARSENAL final in ROME

:scarf:     :kop5cf8koxp6:      :scarf:    :ernaehrung004:
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #347: Mar 20, 2009 06:26:10 pm
      I'm going for a Liverpool v Arsenal final guys,after we beat Barca in semi's. Undoubtedly a difficult half of the draw but we have beaten all these teams ( except Bayern ) in the last few years ,so no fear ! I bet they are not happy about playing us though  :) ;D

are'nt we goin way too far.. first let us enjoy JT cry at stamford.. then we'll look forward to the rest of the pack..

mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #348: Mar 20, 2009 06:54:59 pm
      Lmao without doubt the best draw we could of hoped for Porto will be no obstical . I expected Arsenal to get through but I feel over two games we are better than them.

As for you side of the draw I think Bayern may pull off a shock against Barca as for you and Chelsea what a game blood and guts .

Think it will damage both your league chances though .
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #349: Mar 20, 2009 07:13:37 pm
      So,To win this thing we probably have to beat Chelsea,Barca and then ManU.Easy............... .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #350: Mar 20, 2009 07:16:44 pm
      Typical United getting the easy draw in these two rounds. Oh well, i dont mind beating them in the final.

Will be great beating Chelsea 4 times in one season and United 3 times ;)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #351: Mar 20, 2009 07:17:20 pm
      Well ! it works out better than i thought ,it means that in the return leg chelski will have to attack us full on to reduce the deficit of our 3-0 win at home in th first leg !!!! ..mancs got the easiest tie ...wudn't it be soo funny if porto turned them over at oold t ? ....ha ha
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #352: Mar 20, 2009 07:50:17 pm
      It very boring playing them also in europe :(  We have a team to beat everyone & now with a stable manager & co. All the way to rome.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #353: Mar 20, 2009 07:51:27 pm
      Cant believe it!!!

It has the possibility to be the best Champions League victory ever (Beating  Scum) in the final or on the other hand the worst..............

Cant believe there f-in draw the lucky smug fuckers :(

goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #354: Mar 20, 2009 09:08:06 pm
      We're through;);) -------->
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #355: Mar 20, 2009 10:24:48 pm
      It isn't going to be easy for United, yes on paper it looks easier than our draws but you never know in the Champions League, look to a few years back when Monaco and Porto made up the final!

I'm confident about playing Chelsea, especially this year with our perfomances against the top 4 taken into consideration from this season.
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #356: Mar 20, 2009 10:45:01 pm
      We have a chance for some revenge for the deplorable way they got through to the final last year. We can take them and they fear us because of this.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #357: Mar 20, 2009 11:06:30 pm
      We've done it before so i don't see why we can't do it again
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #358: Mar 20, 2009 11:08:32 pm
      F***ing hell, getting sick of these Chelsea games!

Something like we're set for the 22nd and 23rd meeting between the two clubs in the last 5 years!

We'll beat 'em, I'm confident of that.

Only concern is the second leg is away, but I'm pretty confident we'll keep a clean sheet at home, grab a few goals and see it through at Stamford Bridge.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #359: Mar 20, 2009 11:10:37 pm
      What a fix..five years in a row,it does seem a bit beyond a joke,could uefa have handed the scum an easier path to get to the final.unbelievable.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #360: Mar 20, 2009 11:31:07 pm
      We always get the tough one's, there is always an edge and we shall be tested, but as long as we have no injury's we shall give it everything and it was only a fluke own goal that got them through the last time in the CL.

We are a stronger outfit this year and we will win. To me their most dangerous player is Essien and to them our most dangerous player is Stevie G, you have been warned Chelsea. It's pay back time............
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #361: Mar 21, 2009 12:06:51 am
      Woke up this morning, said hello to he kids....logged on to see who we got and it's the Chavs again .....boring.

First of I want to say UEFA you should be ashamed of yourselves for

A) Being the cu*ts you are

B) For being the Man U arse lickers you are  and

C) For being so transparent in your fix.  :f_steam:

Now to the Chavs...oh well we get to play them again. This is going to be right up there in Liverpools amazing History.

I Know we'll do the Chavs but am not expecting it to be easy. They have Guus Hiddink this time who has a remarkable record of getting his team into Semi Finals of Major Competitions, whereas Rafa has a pretty fantastic record of getting his sides through to the Final of Major Comps. It's going to be a wonderfully tactical battle. I'm sure another exhilarating Anfield night awaits us. Hopefully we can do the biz at home with a few goals and a clean sheet.

I'm not going to worry about who we play after that....come what may. If it is Barca as most of us expect, well we all know this is the true Final we all hoped for but not to be again, thanks to UEFA :f_steam:

As for United, they're the jammiest bas**rds in the world...I don't see Porto or Villareal causing them too many problems but if they face Arsenal...hopefully the "spitter" will be back and some of their other big guns. I also hope Arsend has the balls to go at United and not lick his arse like he has been recently. Really feel The Arse could stuff the Mancs if everything goes their way.

So for me, it has to be a Liverpool v Arsenal final. We rightfully fear no one and if we do No: 6 in Rome, it can't be said that we did it easy, it should rightfully go down in Liverpool folklore as one of the best European campaigns that we have ever been involved in.

Come on you REDMEN.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #362: Mar 21, 2009 12:12:34 am
      We haven't played them in five consecutive tournaments. I've heard this so many times today but everyone saying it doesn't make it true.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #363: Mar 21, 2009 12:15:40 am
      04/05 semi
      05/06 group
      06/07 semi
      07/08 semi
      08/09 quaters

Isn't that five consecutive European Cups mate or did you mean like five consecutive tournaments such as FA Cup, then League Cup, then Champions League and blah blah blah.
      5 tropheys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts | -2 
      Reply #364: Mar 21, 2009 12:25:14 am
      Forget it till next year because Manchester United are gonna win all 5 tropheys this season :)

Four English sides through to the last eight then.

IMO, it took the gloss off it last year having Arsenal in the QF and then Chelsea in the SF.

But...

here we go again.

I think we'll get drawn against United in the quarters with the winners taking on Chelsea or Arsenal.

UEFA won't want two English sides in the final again.

Barcelona
      Man Utd
      Bayern Munich
      Arsenal
      Liverpool
      Chelsea
      Villarreal
      Porto

By the way, I thought Arsenal were exceptionally lucky to get through tonight.  Roma battered them.
      5 tropheys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts | -2 
      Reply #365: Mar 21, 2009 12:31:11 am
      Let's forget the champions league, i watched the Man Utd & Liverpool match on Sky & Man utd was the better side Liverpool were lucky to get that 4-1 win come on you guys that saw the match be honest!!, laws of avarages Liverpool have beaten MUFC at home & away, but MUFC will beat Liverpool in the champions league (Laws of avarages) MUFC are gonna win all 5 tropheys this season & make sir Alex a god!!., as for the benitez avatar i wanted a Gary Neville one why wasn't that available to me?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #366: Mar 21, 2009 12:31:16 am
      Forget it till next year because Manchester United are gonna win all 5 tropheys this season :)

Ha ha............thats what you think mate  :f_steam:
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #367: Mar 21, 2009 12:34:03 am
      Let's forget the champions league, I watched the Man Utd & Liverpool match on Sky & Man utd was the better side Liverpool were lucky to get that 4-1 win come on you guys that saw the match be honest!!, laws of avarages Liverpool have beaten MUFC at home & away, but MUFC will beat Liverpool in the champions league (Laws of avarages) MUFC are gonna win all 5 tropheys this season & make sir Alex a god!!., as for the benitez avatar I wanted a Gary Neville one why wasn't that available to me?
         Oh my God not another one!

Quick Reply