Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Michael Owen (Manchester United)

Read 121486 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Michael Owen (Manchester United)
      Reply #989: Jun 01, 2011 10:57:16 pm
      I F***ing love Piers Morgan.

He winds up all the Mancs!
      hamish007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #990: Jun 01, 2011 10:57:58 pm
      He's superb at it
      hamish007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #991: Jun 01, 2011 10:58:10 pm
      Owen always bites aswell
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #992: Jun 01, 2011 11:01:06 pm
      Jose Enrique commented on Owen.

J_Enrique3 José Enrique
      @themichaelowen que no es un buen comentario. Nunca insultar a un ex club!

RedLFCBlood Darryl
      Translated what @J_Enrique3 said to @themichaelowen "it is not a good comment. Never insult a former club!" #LFC #NUFC

hamish007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #993: Jun 01, 2011 11:06:01 pm
      I don't know why he's doing it. He was liked as a player at Anfield
      hamish007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #994: Jun 01, 2011 11:06:38 pm
      He was boo'd on his return 2 Anfield so maybe that's it
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #995: Jun 01, 2011 11:14:23 pm
      Because he is a Manc c**t!
      hamish007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #996: Jun 01, 2011 11:18:09 pm
      All he has 2 do is keep his yap shut and not upset people.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #997: Jun 01, 2011 11:20:33 pm
      What on earth have you done to yourself Michael? And you don't tweet something like that about Newcastle.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #998: Jun 01, 2011 11:26:31 pm
      He's just a bitter little c**t.

It's possibly not just the money he's after by staying with the scum but, he probably thinks it winds us up, like some sort of revenge because we don't love him anymore  :f_wah: 

Thing is Mickey, we don't really give a sh*t. You are only making a fool out of yourself. It's not just LFC fans that see you as a sad little pr**k anymore but, all football fans  :tosser:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #999: Jun 02, 2011 12:40:19 am
      I just tweeted him this:

PrimroseNblue Michael Tickle
      @themichaelowen Are you sure all these controversial tweets are neccesary? We all know your a boring person, stop trying to make news.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1000: Jun 02, 2011 01:13:38 am
      I can't believe he used to be my hero.

He was loved at Anfield and we accepted he left (I don't think we particularly despised him yet) but he had to wind us up with his comments of checking Real Madrid's results but no mention of us.

Then he joins Man United and he should have seen it coming we were going to boo him when he returned.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #1001: Jun 02, 2011 12:42:58 pm
      I can't believe he used to be my hero.

He was loved at Anfield and we accepted he left (I don't think we particularly despised him yet) but he had to wind us up with his comments of checking Real Madrid's results but no mention of us.

Then he joins Man United and he should have seen it coming we were going to boo him when he returned.

Actually he was hated when he left us, everyone knew what he had done, ran down his contract to the point where he would of either left as he did for peanuts or would of left on a Bosman.

And the reason he's hated is because everytime Liverpool and Rick Parry wanted to sit down and renegotiate his contract his agent was never available and at one point it was claimed he was on sabbatical.

Eventually it all came to a head when Rafa was appointed, who saw what Owen was up to and sold him to Madrid for £8 million, probably one of the reasons Rafa wouldn't buy back the midget.

He's played for four teams, Us, Geordies and the mancs will hate his F***ing guts when he retires, Madrid fans don't F***ing care who he is.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1002: Jun 02, 2011 12:49:13 pm
      Actually he was hated when he left us, everyone knew what he had done, ran down his contract to the point where he would of either left as he did for peanuts or would of left on a Bosman.

And the reason he's hated is because everytime Liverpool and Rick Parry wanted to sit down and renegotiate his contract his agent was never available and at one point it was claimed he was on sabbatical.

Eventually it all came to a head when Rafa was appointed, who saw what Owen was up to and sold him to Madrid for £8 million, probably one of the reasons Rafa wouldn't buy back the midget.

He's played for four teams, Us, Geordies and the mancs will hate his F***ing guts when he retires, Madrid fans don't F***ing care who he is.

So true, i hated him when he left.  I booed him when he came back for Toon.  I wanna ultimate punch the wally now.

Madrid will never remember him.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1003: Jun 02, 2011 02:02:45 pm
      Sounds like he didn't appreciate the heartfelt welcome he got from the Newcastle fans last season  :f_whistle:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1004: Jun 03, 2011 08:50:27 am

He's played for four teams, Us, Geordies and the mancs will hate his f**king guts when he retires, Madrid fans don't f**king care who he is.
      Owens sole intent was to run down his contract there can be no doubt about that.I do remember RAFA going to Portugal to try and get Owen and Stevie Gerrard to sign new contracts,it was when Owen would not sign RAFA had no option but to get rid of him for whatever he could.If my memory is not playing tricks Owen ans Stevie were in Portugal with the England team at the time.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #1005: Jun 03, 2011 08:58:00 am
      Newcastle hit back over Owen jibe
      Newcastle have hit back at their former striker Michael Owen after he suggested they were a "poor team" on Twitter.

Owen recently signed a one-year contract extension at Manchester United despite making just 11 Premier League appearances last season and, after facing criticism, wrote: "Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there a[nd] didn't enjoy it."

With Owen having only represented Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle prior to his move to Old Trafford in 2009, the comments have been assumed to made in reference to his four-year St James' Park.

Having made the £16 million move from Madrid, Owen scored 26 goals in 58 appearances for the Magpies but was unable to steer the club clear of relegation at the end of the 2008-09 season.

Former Newcastle co-owner Freddy Shepherd said in the Daily Express: "We might have been a poor team, but we made him a rich man. It works out at around £500,000 for every game in a Newcastle shirt. Poor? Well, he wasn't poorer for it. He spent more time ferrying between Cheshire and Tyneside in his £3.5 million helicopter."

Newcastle's managing director, Derek Llambias, added: "Under Kevin Keegan's management he was offered a one-year extension at £140,000 a week, which he did not take. He was already on £133,000. His time here cost £40-odd million, about £1.3 million per goal."

He doesn't do anything to help himself. One day he will regret it. He might have once been great, but he will never be adored by any.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1006: Jun 03, 2011 10:07:36 am
      He's got no legacy at any of the clubs he's played for. Tosser.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #1007: Jun 04, 2011 12:58:27 pm
      Owens sole intent was to run down his contract there can be no doubt about that.I do remember RAFA going to Portugal to try and get Owen and Stevie Gerrard to sign new contracts,it was when Owen would not sign RAFA had no option but to get rid of him for whatever he could.If my memory is not playing tricks Owen ans Stevie were in Portugal with the England team at the time.

And Carragher too. Isn't this were the old rumour of Steven and Jamie having a bust-up emerged from.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1008: Jun 04, 2011 01:34:41 pm
      And Carragher too. Isn't this were the old rumour of Steven and Jamie having a bust-up emerged from.

What was the reason behind the bust up huyton?
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1009: Jun 04, 2011 02:14:23 pm
      Lazy, glory-hunting little sh*t.  If I couldn't play for LFC (and I'm pretty much resigned to that not happening now...), I'd rather play every game, being a star man, for a poor team than a hanger-on and watch my team-mates winning trophies.

Quick Reply