Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Michael Owen (Manchester United)

Read 121585 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Michael Owen (Newcastle United)
      Reply #46: Jul 03, 2009 08:38:04 am
      Do you think he would celebrate if he scored against us..??

I just cant picture him in that shirt.

I don't think it's a scenario you need to worry about! He'd celebrate if he played against us!
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #47: Jul 03, 2009 08:48:01 am
      He will be hated beyond contempt, but goes to show he is only in it for the money now and if thats the sort of player the Mancs want then let them have him. All I can say is that its a fact that this is a big step backwards for the scum, that 80 million has obviously gone to service their debt because there are much better strikers out there in the world than Owen.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #48: Jul 03, 2009 08:51:07 am
      I don't think it's a scenario you need to worry about! He'd celebrate if he played against us!

Maybe but you know when you think of what he gave us when he was committed and then this, it still feels like a kick in the nuts. Dont get me wrong I have no problem with him going to Stoke or Hull or even back to us as a back up but as one poster said no dignity, class etc.....unfortunately if he goes there I think thats what he will be remembered as by LFC fans.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #49: Jul 03, 2009 08:54:42 am
      We've moved on though SM. If he came back here we'd be going backwards. Torres is 20 times the player Owen is, and who else do they have? Shrek and Berbaflop? PLEASE! :D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #50: Jul 03, 2009 08:57:14 am
      Its in the star aswell
      Man u after owen on pay as you play deal 20000 a week rising to 100000 on bonuses

it is the ultimate insult to lfc fans, but if you was a player would you rather join hull.

Michael, your memory will be soured if this happens

but in all honesty, its not a gamble for any team to buy owen, its bloody peanuts for a proven premiership player who is only 29, we should sign him as backup really, unfortunatly i think he will be one of fergies best ever signings....please dont let this happen.

the thought of it really makes me balk though, sick is just about to come up my throat.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2009 09:27:03 am by robbyr »
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #51: Jul 03, 2009 08:57:30 am
      Just lost his legendary status at Anfield with this move.

F**k you Owen.

He be on the bench or in the treatment room all season so it i don't see why he's even considering this move.

Maybe him and slur Alex are best Buddy's now,  both are keen  horse owners and obviously its all about MONEY.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #52: Jul 03, 2009 08:57:43 am
      We've moved on though SM. If he came back here we'd be going backwards. Torres is 20 times the player Owen is, and who else do they have? Shrek and Berbaflop? PLEASE! :D

Totally agree mate but a small part of me thinks he might bang a few in for them thats all anyway your right hes had his time with us.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Jul 03, 2009 09:06:14 am
      In all honesty it is just a rumor at the moment and Man Utd have refused to be drawn into commenting on it stating "We don't comment on transfer rumors," so I think its a little harsh to condemn a player a player who played 297 games for us scoring 158 goals until there is something concrete or official released.

Edit: and when/if there is something concrete  released then get your torch and pitchforks and start burning effigies of him.

;D

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #54: Jul 03, 2009 09:11:34 am
      Going to play for the mancs then eh.

Even more of a scumbag now!!
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #55: Jul 03, 2009 09:24:55 am
      Heard that he is having a stringent medical and taking a 50% pay cut heard this on the local radio so not sure where they got the info and this manc in my office was on there web site and he was saying if he does pass he will defiantly be going united's way. Teddy Shearingham was on his way out then all of sudden had a pretty good run after joining the scum, hope the same does not happen with Owen.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: Jul 03, 2009 09:27:56 am
      In four years at Newcastle, Michael Owen started 65 games and scored 30 goals. He is reported to have cost the relegated club an eye-watering £41m in fees and wages.

That shows he has still got goals in him scoring on average a goal in every 2.16 games, not bad realistically for a player who has struggled with fitness and injury and the ability to get a consistent run of games under his belt.

IT also shows that every goal he scored cost Newcastle 1.36 million so lets hope if he does go to Man Utd he has a similar impact on their finances and there is half of Ronaldo's transfer fee swallowed up .
      IwanttobeJohnBarnes
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 03, 2009 09:37:43 am
      If Owen has any amount of respect for the thousands of kopites who chanted his name for so many years, and still fondly remember his goal scoring exploits, he wouldn't even contemplate joining the filth.  :o :o

Sadly I fear he couldn't give a sh*te about us, hope I'm wrong  >:(  >:(

If he does sign for that red nose freak scratch him from our history  >:D  >:D  >:D
      coachpotato
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #58: Jul 03, 2009 09:38:48 am
      City and apparently SSN saying it's down to a medical at midday.
      The emphasis from "has-been struggling to find a top flight club" has now been turned into "a world class striker" and "ferguson doing a brilliant bit of business".
      No change there then.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #59: Jul 03, 2009 09:39:42 am
      Im 23 now so Owen to me was what Fowler was to guys a couple years older, then kenny in the previous gen etc etc.  

All i can do is laugh at the moment but i will be hurting seeing him in a scum shirt
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 03, 2009 09:48:31 am
      Im 23 now so Owen to me was what Fowler was to guys a couple years older, then kenny in the previous gen etc etc. 

All I can do is laugh at the moment but I will be hurting seeing him in a scum shirt
      So will we all,he was a great player but unfortunately money got the better of him.
      IwanttobeJohnBarnes
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #61: Jul 03, 2009 10:02:18 am
      F**k him the treacherous b***ard

The unscrupulous little money grabbing sh*te

Right up their with Judas himself
      At least Judas had the good grace to string him self up  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

mikki
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 03, 2009 10:04:11 am
      Money mattered more to him when Real came in for him, then waiting to see what a new manager had planned. If LFC and the Kopites mean anything to Owen then he wouldnt be contemplating this. You would never ever see the likes for Carra, Xabi, Nando or Dirk playing for the scum. Hey even Gerrard came to his sense!

one thing to say to you Michael - we won it 5 times

coachpotato
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #63: Jul 03, 2009 10:04:54 am
      F**k him the treacherous b***ard

The unscrupulous little money grabbing sh*te

Right up their with Judas himself
      At least Judas had the good grace to string him self up  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

The thought had crossed my mind that he might just be doing that if he signed for them.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #64: Jul 03, 2009 10:07:20 am
      Money mattered more to him when Real came in for him, then waiting to see what a new manager had planned. If LFC and the Kopites mean anything to Owen then he wouldnt be contemplating this. You would never ever see the likes for Carra, Xabi, Nando or Dirk playing for the scum. Hey even Gerrard came to his sense!

one thing to say to you Michael - we won it 5 times

spot on he shouldn't even be contemplating joining the Scum. I think he will get goals for them as he will get decent service unlike at Newcastle.
      Anyway f@ck him lets worry more about our next signing.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Re: Owen to United?
      Reply #65: Jul 03, 2009 10:25:07 am
      lets hope he can do to utd what he did with newcastle :P

ronaldo and tevez out...owen and valencia in? you have got to love that :D
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #66: Jul 03, 2009 10:44:46 am
      At first when i heard this all i felt was anger for owen,but at the end of the day weve got now a better front line than the scum. So let Owen go to there he might get a few goals but they'll all be sitters me nan could finish. The lad is miles apart from Torres who can create his own space shoot from distance we know what weve got. All i can say is its all looking good for next season.

But will say this Owen you've never shown any loyality in your life and if you do sign you are never welcome on mersyside. You supported Everton as a lad, you played for us yet you join the scum, your from Wales you play for England!!!!!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #67: Jul 03, 2009 10:46:33 am
      he he some comments from the scum fans in their manc forum

A free transfer or not, if we sign him we can kiss the Premiership goodbye.

Michael Owen is finished, I think it proves it when his only concrete option is Hull City, even Sam Allardyce won't take a gamble on him.

We have over £100m funds in the bank apparently and some fans are talking about free transfers, I am really not looking forward to this coming season.

No he will be an other Saha spends more time on the treatment table

(LfC fan) Haha looks like Ginsoak has fallen for the Michael Owen brochure, he probably couldn't resist the colourful pictures.

What's the general consensus in Scouseland?

P***** off that a former Liverpool player is joining your main rivals or hysterical fits of laughter at us for signing a crock?

I'm guessing a mixture of both!

(LFC fan) You might not be able to beat Real to some of your targets but by god you can beat Hull and Stoke, congratulations.

1. Have we not had enough nightmares concerning Saha and Hargreaves to now try our luck on Owen?!

2. Getting a downhill player based on his past glories is more like a stop-gap measure than anything progressive while it deprives one precious slot for our promising starlets or another more credible signing.

3. Resorting to an ex-Liverpool legend just makes what I am feeling more terrible.

Be physically, mentally, psychologically and spirtually prepared to be laughed at by our rival friends from day one. Just look tall and proud though

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #68: Jul 03, 2009 11:26:05 am
      It unfortunately tells you everything you need to know about Owen,its always been about the money and nothing else.He has played more than 30 games a season for the last 2 years so I think he will pass a medical and then lets see what he has to say about joining UTD I can see him kissing the badge right now when he scores.I personally wouldnt right him off he has been in an incredibly poor side for the last 2 years and if he is fit he will score some goals.

Quick Reply