Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NRL 2009

Read 15742 times
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      NRL 2009
      Mar 15, 2009 04:22:12 am
      I hope all the issues with the beer and everything can get settled so that the focus could get back on the game.

The '09 season got off to a flyer with a cracker of a game in Melbourne vs Dragons.
      Also, my favourites, the Cronulla Sharks nervously beat Panthers (bad luck Crouchinho), giving me double the reason to be ecstatic last night. Liverpool and Sharks both getting wins.

Let's all hope for a great season in the NRL this year and that the league gets a better image and gains a bit of popularity. Can't wait for the State of Origin aswell.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: NRL 2009
      Reply #1: Apr 12, 2009 06:47:22 pm
      Just seen this. Been a promising start for my Panthers although Graham needs to move to 5/8 and Lewis to the centre's for Tighe.

Been a fantastic season, alot of surprises and then not so (Parramatta, shithouse). I'm tipping Brisbane to win it, had money on them from the start, i just like the look of them. Wallace and Lockyer in the middle, great combo.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2009 02:56:41 am
      On the other hand, the Sharkies have been playing crap... Although, we deserved to beat the Raiders the other night.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: Apr 29, 2009 07:41:55 am
      Thrilling win the other night for the Panthers. Was in the crowd and got a spot on TV too :D

What a debut for Luke Walsh, who was dubbed the new Joey Johns only to be released. Sammut, Elford, Walsh, Coote and Jennings all scored magnificent tries. I have never seen a performance from us that was so mesmerizing in attack. Shows what a halfback, no matter how unfit he is match wise, can do for a side. Not only attack but Scott Prince must have had nightmares about our defence. He got crushed and nothing went his way, Thurston would have been grinning like a Cheshire Cat after it.

Early tips Bahrosa? I had my money on Brisbane at the start and they've been the best side so far. Dragons looking dangerous too as are the Dogs. Very open race unlike some past seasons.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2009 07:48:05 am
      has been some great games played so far this season,
      not sure if the Bronco's will recover from State of Origin time, as per usual

and St George under Benny have def lifted...

so trying to pick the final 2, I dunno...is harder to pick than a broken nose
      Im just enjoying the matches so far.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2009 12:36:58 pm
      Thrilling win the other night for the Panthers. Was in the crowd and got a spot on TV too :D

Fame at last eh Crouchinho  ;)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2009 12:43:14 pm
      That was a good win against the Titans by the Panthers. I am hoping my team the Raiders can put one up against the Panthers in Canberra they have played so well this year and lost 5 games with a < 10 margin.

The Dragons are looking dangerous early on as are the Broncos, as a dark horse I would tip the Bunnies or Tigers but its early doors still.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 29, 2009 12:58:27 pm
      I'm just down about the poor performances of the Sharkies. Almost every game we have played with at least 1 key player injured. Brett Kearney out for probably the whole season from Round 1 will hurt. Though, we were unlucky not to get the win against the bunnies.

Manly have become a one man side. Panthers have really been impressive. My bets at this stage would have to be on the Broncos to win it. They've really got an impressive halves pairing in Wallace & Lockyer.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2009 01:11:36 pm
      Mate I think thats a poor excuse now for Ricky Stuart and his team, other teams with less marquee players have been hit by injuries and are doing well.

I dont like Phil Gould but he was right in slamming Stuart and calling him pig headed this year he bought Matua, Barett and Tupoa all 3 international players and he has done F**k all. I think a change at the top is the best solution for the Sharks at the moment.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2009 03:38:04 pm
      I think it's too early to cut off his head. Personally, I dont want him gone.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: May 05, 2009 08:19:10 am

You watch your mouth young lady :D :D

That was a good win against the Titans by the Panthers. I am hoping my team the Raiders can put one up against the Panthers in Canberra they have played so well this year and lost 5 games with a < 10 margin.

The Dragons are looking dangerous early on as are the Broncos, as a dark horse I would tip the Bunnies or Tigers but its early doors still.

Hard luck mate...or not :D ;) What was a good game of footy ended up in a great result for us. After the 74-12 loss last year it was important to recover against the Raiders in this game. Elliot never won a game against his old club before this game just passed and we were 0 from the last 5.

During the match, i thought this, is Michael Jennings the best centre going around in Rugby League right now? His brilliance just takes the breath away. 2 tries from absolutely nothing but a bit of dazzle and he's over the line (i'm talking about the try against Titans and then Raiders).

Test this Friday night, Sheens IMO has done the right thing in using most of the side that he inherited. I barrack the Kiwis though (borderline blasphemy to most Aussies, sorry ;) ) when it comes to league so hopefully they get up.

Anyone going to stick a foot out and say who they think will get the halfback spot for NSW/QLD as well as NSW's hooker spot. Personally i think Farah and Mullen should get it but Wallace might just pip it. Thurston for QLD too.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #11: May 05, 2009 09:20:54 am
      I have to say I don't like the Aussie Rugby League team aswell. I'll be supporting the kiwis aswell.

Anyway, I think Wallace should get the halfback spot along with Farah as hooker.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: May 06, 2009 01:50:40 pm
      Yea it was a good game the Panthers and Raiders. I still reckon the result could have been slighlty different if we had a decent goal kicker.
      I also am not a fan of the Kangaroo's and have often found myself barracking for the Kiwi's purely because they have been sh*te for years and always get flogged by massive margins so I kind of feel for them. But with them world champs now I dont know....

As for the origin that is a tough one on paper QLD looks the stronger team by a country mile, but the Blues need to restore some pride this season. I would like to see Farrah as the hooker even though I have a feeling Innis will get it. Well as for half back I think they have got it all wrong going on form I would like to see Soward at half back and Campese at 5-8. Jennings and Lawrence in the centres ideally but we know that one will miss out to Lyon who doesnt even want to play origin.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #13: May 07, 2009 03:35:30 am
      Sharks are playing 5 home games next season on the Central Coast. I'm really worried after hearing that we are in financial dire straits last week on the footy show, and now this. What next, will we move from Cronulla to the Central Coast just so we can stay afloat? I'm not happy about all this.

Barrett injured again. We are performing really poor ATM.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: May 07, 2009 07:09:49 am
      Well you guys are having to move to the Central coast because you cant guarantee the projected 13,000 to go through the gates. So far your average has been about 9000. With a move like this the club is guaranteed 100K each game.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #15: May 08, 2009 12:36:31 am
      Well you guys are having to move to the Central coast because you cant guarantee the projected 13,000 to go through the gates. So far your average has been about 9000. With a move like this the club is guaranteed 100K each game.
      I know that, but what i also know is that even the Central Coast aren't happy about this as they want to have their own team.

Central Coast Sharks...

Hmmmm it could work. As long as we still exist i'm happy.

On another note, anyone hear about the Matty Johns incident? I fell asleep so early last night and missed the Footy Show.
      Nicolas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | -2 
      • I Get Money
      Reply #16: May 15, 2009 04:42:18 am
      I 'sink 'zhe Warringah Sea Eagles are going to win it all again 'zis year. Last year me, Didi, Essien, and Obi watched 'Zhe Grand final live at my home. I 'sink although they have had a slow start, they will come good for 'zhe finals.Brett Stewart is going to come back in a few weeks and 'zhe team will only get better.I watched 'zhe bronco match live aswell on saturday and Jamie Lyon is a terrific player, he reminds me of Thierry.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: May 16, 2009 05:14:29 pm
      I 'sink 'zhe Warringah Sea Eagles are going to win it all again 'zis year. Last year me, Didi, Essien, and Obi watched 'Zhe Grand final live at my home. I 'sink although they have had a slow start, they will come good for 'zhe finals.Brett Stewart is going to come back in a few weeks and 'zhe team will only get better.I watched 'zhe bronco match live aswell on saturday and Jamie Lyon is a terrific player, he reminds me of Thierry.

I reckon thats brilliant! :lmao: !!

Lyon has been going great but that try against Brisbane was quite simply, horrendous.

Another win for Penrith tonight, magnificent! I was wary of the Sharks and just wanted the win and we got it. Scared for a bit but we got there. Lewis again was outstanding and FRANK! If you didnt know, i am in love with Pritchard beyond belief. Scintillating again ;)

2 points off the top, woo!!!

Talking point from this weekend? That call on Friday night. I thought no try only because there wasn't conclusive evidence to say he didnt hold him back. There isnt a good camera shot to show him close up of whether he did hold his arm or not. Up for discussion though but sucked in Dogs, i hate them. Cheating cu*ts.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #18: May 17, 2009 04:16:17 am
      :lmao:

Our season is pretty much over now. I just don't want to earn the wooden spoon. Anyone watch the Matty Johns interview? I really think those Cronulla players involved shouldn't be letting him carry all of this and should stand up and admit what they've done. Those innocent players will also be looked at in disrepute because of the others. Where are the morals and ethics in these league players? Group sex... WTF?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: May 17, 2009 05:01:19 am
      :lmao:

Our season is pretty much over now. I just don't want to earn the wooden spoon. Anyone watch the Matty Johns interview? I really think those Cronulla players involved shouldn't be letting him carry all of this and should stand up and admit what they've done. Those innocent players will also be looked at in disrepute because of the others. Where are the morals and ethics in these league players? Group sex... WTF?

Agreed. I dont think they should be named, firstly because it's illegal, and secondly because it's their choice. Loved Preston's response, 'I didn't know anyone had sex' :D :D Gutted for Matty, hope he gets it together soon.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #20: May 19, 2009 07:01:47 am
      Agreed. I dont think they should be named, firstly because it's illegal, and secondly because it's their choice. Loved Preston's response, 'I didn't know anyone had sex' :D :D Gutted for Matty, hope he gets it together soon.
      Matty was one of my favourite TV presenters and it's a shame that happened.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #21: May 23, 2009 07:29:03 am
      LG will leave the Sharks next year after they found out about the c*nt Reni Maitua. LG had enough of it, and quite frankly so have I. What is wrong with these players? I for one hope we will continue to survive for another 10 years, but i just don't see it happening now. I've supported them my whole life and I can't imagine the NRL without them.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 26, 2009 08:13:37 am
      ^^^What a spectacularly different mood i am now compared to back then, well not that spectacular considering the Blues' loss. The State of Origin game the other night was a good game and there were a few moments we could see the biff. David Williams was woeful with ball control, although the tackles which led to him losing the ball were pretty great. I think this Queensland side is the best Queensland side ever, and they are just as passionate as any QLD side of the past.

To the Sharks, well what can I say. Four wins on the trot. Scott Porter has been immense since he's jumped onto the scene, but i think we'll miss Trent Barrett for the few games he'll miss due to suspension. I hope the Sharkies continue like this and try to make it into the top 8.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #23: Jun 26, 2009 08:29:19 am
      ^^^What a spectacularly different mood i am now compared to back then, well not that spectacular considering the Blues' loss. The State of Origin game the other night was a good game and there were a few moments we could see the biff. David Williams was woeful with ball control, although the tackles which led to him losing the ball were pretty great. I think this Queensland side is the best Queensland side ever, and they are just as passionate as any QLD side of the past.

To the Sharks, well what can I say. Four wins on the trot. Scott Porter has been immense since he's jumped onto the scene, but i think we'll miss Trent Barrett for the few games he'll miss due to suspension. I hope the Sharkies continue like this and try to make it into the top 8.

Agreed and agreed. Porter has been great but Monday night cant really be an indicator, the Broncs were sh*t :D
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 26, 2009 12:23:31 pm
      Agreed and agreed. Porter has been great but Monday night cant really be an indicator, the Broncs were sh*t :D
      Yeah, but even the few games before Monday night's game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #25: Jun 27, 2009 06:15:41 pm
      Roosters WIN! Ironic, against the Sharkies. Hard night for you then mate? ;)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 28, 2009 11:06:32 am
      Yes, very. I know so many Roosters fans who are gonna give it to me.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 01, 2009 08:57:58 am
      Hazem El Masri announced his retirement yesterday. He was the perfect rolemodel for kids growing up who look up to Rugby League players. On and off the field he has been a leading example throughout his career which spans nearly 14 years.

He's scored 154 first grade tries in just over 300 games and is the leading pointscorer in NRL history i think.

From one type of player to another, with the sacking of Brett Seymour because of another alcohol related incident. They just don't seem to learn.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 15, 2009 09:44:31 pm
      Anyone watch the State of Origin last night. What a game it was, one of the best i have seen. The NSW selectors have finally made the right choice in going for an experienced halves pairing in Kimmorley and Barrett. Dead rubber, what dead rubber? It was controversial aswell in the 8 point try, which was also the first i have seen. I think it was rightly appointed, though I'm pretty biased. The brawls at the end were really exciting aswell, albeit Price's injury was a little worrying. As Gus said, "Origin is never dead."
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Jul 16, 2009 05:25:21 pm
      F***ing loved it! Best Origin game i can remember although it was soured by Poore's treatment on Price.

Overall, what a contest. Strength, skill, stamina and a whole lot of punches.

Stoked Waterhouse got off his charge but he was never in danger there. Nothing in it.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #30: Jul 16, 2009 11:57:16 pm

Stoked Waterhouse got off his charge but he was never in danger there. Nothing in it.
      Yeah, the blokes that threw the punches got off easy, yet those who jumped in were sent off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Jul 17, 2009 09:56:30 am
      Rules are a joke. Two blokes knock each other out and the guy trying to pull them away is off.

The good news, first ever NSW player to get sent off is a Panther! :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #32: Jul 29, 2009 11:21:23 am
      Anyone else see this.

Hunt switches to AFL

Disgruntled Brisbane Broncos full-back Karmichael Hunt has dropped a bombshell with the news that he will switch codes and play for Gold Coast when it enters the AFL in 2011.

The AFL's 17th team unveiled its first major signing on Wednesday morning on the Gold Coast, with the 22-year-old shocking the NRL with the announcement that he will switch codes to Australia's indigenous game rather than to rugby union as had been expected.

Hunt won't immediately join Gold Coast when his Broncos commitments come to an end, with the club admitting he may still play rugby union for up to six months before starting his commitments with the new club in May next year.

Hunt earlier this season rejected a new contract with the Broncos reportedly worth $1.2 million over three years, prompting the club to withdraw the offer and forcing Hunt to look elsewhere.

But while a move to either Japan or Europe to play rugby, which he also played as a teenager, had been his expected destination, Hunt has instead opted to remain in his home state of Queensland by signing a three-year contract.

"If I had to leave Brisbane then I preferred to change codes rather than change teams as I did not want to play against the Brisbane Broncos," Hunt said. "For me this is about the challenge of playing AFL at the highest level."

"The Gold Coast Football Club has given me a great opportunity to be part of its journey to AFL in 2011."

"I played AFL as a teenager and I am really excited by the challenge to change codes and still play at the elite level and for a Queensland team in a national competition. I can't wait."

Hunt's decision has caught the Broncos on the hop, with chief executive Bruno Cullen admitting on Wednesday morning that neither Hunt or his management had advised the club of his intentions before the news became public.

"I was quite shocked," Cullen told ABC Radio. "We've had him since he was 15 and he's been playing with the club for the last five seasons."

"He's a 100-game player now. He's played Origin, he played for Australia, so he's been a success story in a very short period of time."

At 186cm and 92kg Auckland-born Hunt, who has spent the bulk of his career at full-back, is known for his fearless approach to the game but has not played AFL since his early teens.

But Gold Coast coach Guy McKenna is delighted with the signing of Hunt, who made his NRL debut in 2004 as a 17-year-old and has played 11 Tests for Australia and 10 Origin matches for Queensland.

"I've followed State of Origin, I know it's not AFL football, but seeing how he moves, seeing how he hits, he's going to bring another dimension to an AFL football team," McKenna said.

"Powerful, strong, quick and probably averages 23 tackles in a game. We're lucky to average 40 in a whole side. He's built for that, built for the physical demands of AFL football."

"Technically we are going to have do some work with him but that's no different to some of the Irish players who have crossed over. We are probably at an advantage given he played competitive AFL football as a teenager, so he's someone with a history in the game."

"We will sit down and map out his next 18 months and work out from a physical point of view and a technical side of things a program but I can't wait to get my hands on him."

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/hunt-switches-to-afl-74892

It's one of the last places I would have looked for an AFL player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33: Jul 29, 2009 01:43:42 pm
      I was shocked. Good luck to him.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Jul 29, 2009 02:10:38 pm
      Yes a pure money move.

What next Tony Carrol to sign for Melbourne Victory?!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Jul 29, 2009 07:36:37 pm
      Yeah i just read this, being that i grew up in South Australia im an AFL fan over NRL, but i enjoy watching the rugby quite alot also (West Tigers ;D)
      When i saw switched codes i first thought "oh another one jumping to union" but then i saw AFL CEO Demitriou's name in the first line of the story and was shocked. Good luck to him, just hope not to many start jumping. Think Stephen Milne from the saints was talking about how good Billy Slater and Greg Inglis were at school boy level with AFL, they would be big losses. Won't happen, though, but still interesting.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #36: Jul 29, 2009 11:09:37 pm
      He insists it wasn't for money, and he wants to become a 'pioneer'. He's playing in the AFL in 2011 and a year of Rugby Union next year. I personally think it was a money move. Good luck to him but i hope it doesn't happen much.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jul 30, 2009 08:25:08 am
      Anyone else excited though? I cant wait to see how he does.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 30, 2009 08:41:02 am
      Anyone else excited though? I cant wait to see how he does.
      I am excited to see whether he is successful or not. Personally i think he will be a great AFL player.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #39: Jul 30, 2009 09:43:20 am
      I dont follow rugby but how big a player is he considered? he's one of the few that I've heard of so he must be at least reasonably good.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Jul 30, 2009 04:15:21 pm
      Full international
      State of Origin
      Premiership player

All at 22. He's a massive loss for this code, and a marketing coup for AFL i feel.

Now, where would he play? Maybe on the flanks or whatever they call them in AFL where he wont be exposed to too much.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #41: Jul 30, 2009 04:21:02 pm
      They said he'd play in the back line to start with probably the half-back flank he wouldn't have to worry about getting tackled from behind there which would be a problem at first since he's used to having opponents only in front of him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Jul 30, 2009 04:57:29 pm
      Joseph Tomane has signed for the Gold Coast too!!

Only difference is, he signed for the NRL franchise in the Gold Coast.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #43: Jul 31, 2009 03:45:36 pm
      Go Manly!

A few months ago, so many were writing us off but we regrouped and made our way steadily up the Ladder and now are in a fine position to pounce.

Back to back baby!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #44: Aug 01, 2009 02:37:57 pm
      32-32 and i was in the crowd. I dont know how to feel. We were 32-6 down after 55 but we got back and could of been the greatest comeback in NRL history, had we won and we could have.

The Warriors should of won, no doubt and hit the cross bar from 35 out in extra time which made me faint nearly. Frank Pritchard legally picked the ball up and he called a knock on? That was with 3 minutes in the second half of extra time left on the Warriors line with 6 to go. Bullshit and i wasnt happy.

This pocket ref thing needs work. I've been in favour this whole time but today was a joke. Hayne called 1 penalty against us while the 'less experienced' called 7 and they applied different rules. One was harsh (the second bloke) while Hayne was letting things go and the whole game, Hayne refereed with us in attack. Fuming.

Its like F***ing your sister, a draw. Dont know how to feel.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 04, 2009 12:53:50 pm
      Its like f**king your sister, a draw. Dont know how to feel.
      I don't get it, but don't explain.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #46: Aug 04, 2009 01:17:02 pm
      Have not had much reason to come on this thread as the Raiders are sh*te :-[

But did they maul them Broncos on Saturday or what??

Despite Manly's loss yesterday I think them and the Dragons will be the teams to go all the way.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #47: Aug 04, 2009 02:29:36 pm
      Have not had much reason to come on this thread as the Raiders are sh*te :-[

But did they maul them Broncos on Saturday or what??

Despite Manly's loss yesterday I think them and the Dragons will be the teams to go all the way.

I watched it before walking across the road to the Panthers game. About time Campese did something :D Was an amazing game.

Any guesses who the pill popper is in the Brizzy camp? I bet its Karmichael.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #48: Sep 09, 2009 05:46:53 am
      Storm v. Manly should be a cracker!

Looking forward to this grudge match. Storm was anally raped in the Grannie last year. They must get some pride back and exorcise their demons.

Come on Manly! Back to back will be stunning, although there's alot of other teams who are capable of dethroning us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #49: Sep 11, 2009 11:43:39 am
      Come on Melbourne!! 16-0, surely they won't do a Roosters and choke this..
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #50: Sep 11, 2009 03:39:09 pm
      Just got back from the Storm v Manly match and I'm F***ing gutted!

Revenge for the Grand Final was well and truly served and we were handed our arses!

Last week my AFL team Essendon were thrashed in the finals, and now this sh*t.

Come on Liverpool, I need a win this weekend desperately.

I NEED A HUG!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Sep 11, 2009 10:15:08 pm
       :hug:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: Sep 12, 2009 12:08:45 am
      I wont give you one but i will say HAH!!! Go Melbourne even though i don't fancy them.I hope either Melbourne or the Titans win the comp because Penrith are knocked out and it'd be good for the game to see one of them win.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #53: Sep 12, 2009 12:15:23 am
      Just got back from the Storm v Manly match and I'm f**king gutted!

Revenge for the Grand Final was well and truly served and we were handed our arses!

Last week my AFL team Essendon were thrashed in the finals, and now this sh*t.

Come on Liverpool, I need a win this weekend desperately.

I NEED A HUG!

I can't help that you support 2 sh*te teams, thank F**k for Liverpool hey mate  ;)
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #54: Sep 12, 2009 03:18:54 am
      I wont give you one but I will say HAH!!! Go Melbourne even though I don't fancy them.I hope either Melbourne or the Titans win the comp because Penrith are knocked out and it'd be good for the game to see one of them win.

Pen...who? Never heard of them. I think you mean the Newtown Jets.

I can't help that you support 2 sh*te teams, thank f**k for Liverpool hey mate  ;)

That's how it's played hey Aussie? First send me an insincere hug, then stick it in. Well, it's Prison Rules then!  :boxing:

Can't wait to maul you in the Prediction League. Anfield Warrior indeed, I can taste blood.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #55: Sep 12, 2009 04:29:32 am

That's how it's played hey Aussie? First send me an insincere hug, then stick it in. Well, it's Prison Rules then!  :boxing:

Can't wait to maul you in the Prediction League. Anfield Warrior indeed, I can taste blood.

:lmao:  :lmao:

Bring it Bubba I mean Biatch  :whip:

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: Sep 13, 2009 11:11:28 am
      Well in Parra!!!! As a Westy i shouldn't be going for them but i hate the Dragons and they got done hahaha!! WOOO!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Sep 20, 2009 12:05:03 pm
      Dragons gooooooooone!! Superb.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Sep 21, 2009 02:00:56 pm
      Yes indeed it should be a top game Parra -Dogs, I think the Storm will walk all over the Broncos in the other semi though.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #59: Oct 03, 2009 11:58:58 pm
      Is the Grand Final for this today? I think I might watch it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #60: Oct 04, 2009 12:10:32 am
      Yeah mate, it's on at 5pm Melbourne time and with Daylight Savings starting here today, I guess that means 3pm your time.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #61: Oct 04, 2009 12:21:39 am
      Ok then thanks AR.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #62: Oct 04, 2009 02:06:53 am
      The biggest game of the year is on today, so who do you guys think will go away as premiers. I hate the Storm and will be hoping the Eels win, and I think they can come away with the upset. This is one of the most anticipated grand final in a few years.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Oct 04, 2009 02:11:18 am
      Gotta be Eels for me. Not that I follow NRL hugely, but I still hate the Storm and would love to see them beaten again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #64: Oct 04, 2009 03:24:30 am
      Why do you guys hate the Storm?  I'll be going for the Storm because I'm a Melbouranite. We're gonna smash those Eels...not that I know much about Rugby.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #65: Oct 04, 2009 03:45:36 am
      Ill be supporting the storm as well even though I am from Sydney.

Well dont really give a sh*t to be honest  :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #66: Oct 04, 2009 03:55:35 am
      I know nothing about rugby and don't know who to support, I think the Storm has one a premiership in the last couple of years so I think I'll go for the Eels.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Oct 04, 2009 04:30:47 am
      Why do you guys hate the Storm?  I'll be going for the Storm because I'm a Melbouranite. We're gonna smash those Eels...not that I know much about Rugby.

I'm South Aussie mate, it's in my blood to go for the team not from Melbourne ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #68: Oct 04, 2009 09:31:15 am
      Whaye, Melbourne win!

I go for Penrith, not allowed to go for Parra. F**k 'em. Glad they lost, now they can shut up.

I started a Penrith chant in the Parra shopping complex and got booed out :D Now who's laughing!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #69: Oct 04, 2009 10:16:36 pm
      I'm South Aussie mate, it's in my blood to go for the team not from Melbourne ;)

:lmao:  fair enough mate, we Melbournians feel the same way about you lads.  ;)

Fantastic Grand Final with the right result. Well done to the Storm.

Quick Reply