Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Am I being too extreme

Read 13000 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Am I being too extreme
      Reply #115: Oct 20, 2009 04:20:25 pm
      I read that first post in this thread and this is what came to mind straight away.

When you walk through a storm
      hold your head up high
      And don't be afraid of the dark.
      At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.
      Walk on through the wind,
      Walk on through the rain,
      Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
      And you'll never walk alone,
      You'll never, ever walk alone.
      Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,
      You'll never walk alone.

That's what I'm trying to say. We are currently weathering a bad storm and some of us trying to take shelter and abandoning others who's trying to hold on to the line. We have to be calm and not jumping into any conclusions. It's still October, 9 games played and 7 months to go. Yeah, we lost 4 games now and 7 points off Mancs but it's not over till May comes!

We sang all the time but some of us tend to forget what the song all about. For what has been happening, for what reason our performance didn't reach up to the expectations, we should held our heads up high and hope for the best!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #116: Oct 20, 2009 07:28:34 pm
      I am pleased everyone remains pasionate about the club and Rafa but wonder how long everyone expects to wait for the premiership trophy?

Yes we won the European Cup for a fifth time under a team Gerard Houllier built.

Since then we have won an FA cup ,Charity Shield and Super Cup.

Does anyone believe that this is acceptable?

Say what you like about Mourinho but he is a motivator,decent tactician and yes with money can attract decent players.

Iam concerned that in three years time we will still be expecting to win the Premiership and stating In Rafa We Trust....

Don't get me wrong I love this club but wonder why fans cannot have an opinion on this forum without being shot down in flames.

northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #117: Oct 20, 2009 09:57:36 pm
      Im not writing the team off you cant can you when there is maths sayin that we can win. yea maths says we can get enough points to win the league. it also says we have 15 points out of 27 which if im doin my numbers correct is 55.56% of points on the table.
      Dunno bout anyone else but i reckon thats sh*t. i rekon we have played sh*t and dont deserve any more than that.
      I rekon we have a starting 11 that can rival any club in the world, we have little change from last year and if aqualani is as good as ive seen then you could argue that we will have a stronger 11 than last year.
      We dont have the depth of squad to deal with injuries and still be contenders. we are the current top 4 underdog. i believe we can turn things round i believe we can do much better and i believe that we will do. i dont believe we will win the premiership and i hope we finish high enough to still be a top 4. not writin anyone off as its still possible but dont rekon its plausable.
      Maybe im just depressed after our 4th defeat in a row.
      markbfm
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #118: Oct 20, 2009 10:04:15 pm
      When it's the 85th minute, 1-1 at Anfield, and we're bringing on F***ing Voronin, you have to ask yourself: What the F**k sort of depth does our squad have?

Rafa is the man, but even he can't pull of miracle after miracle. Get off his case. In a month, when we've given it to the scum and the gooners, we'll see what the rafa-haters will be saying.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #119: Oct 20, 2009 10:20:25 pm
      When it's the 85th minute, 1-1 at Anfield, and we're bringing on f**king Voronin, you have to ask yourself: What the f**k sort of depth does our squad have?

Rafa is the man, but even he can't pull of miracle after miracle. Get off his case. In a month, when we've given it to the scum and the gooners, we'll see what the rafa-haters will be saying.

You need to understand that we haven't created this problem overnight.Rafa has had five years to develope this club.

Yes he sacked Steve Highway in the pursuit of an improved youth policy and we will not see that for another five years.

Rafa has no other options,he has not signed creative younger players or established adult players as he clearly has a poor scouting strategy.

Either way it is simply not working and tonights defeat to Lyon does not help.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #120: Oct 20, 2009 10:28:47 pm
      Yes very extreme, I think if we lose to Utd the race is over deifinetely. Deep down in my heart im gutted and I think you all need to open your eyes and stop pretending. We are f**king sh*t
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #121: Oct 20, 2009 10:39:09 pm
      You need to understand that we haven't created this problem overnight.Rafa has had five years to develope this club.

Yes he sacked Steve Highway in the pursuit of an improved youth policy and we will not see that for another five years.

Rafa has no other options,he has not signed creative younger players or established adult players as he clearly has a poor scouting strategy.

You've just admitted that we won't see the benefits of his youth policy for 5 years, yet slag him off again in the same post for it not working yet?

Our situation is not a desirable one, but we're not pretending. We know the squad we have can give any team a run for their money. Just see last season for proof of that. It's a rough patch, rougher than anything of late, but to say that we're 'f*cking sh*t' and we're pretending? I think there's a few Liverpool fans who forget how far we've come.

torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #122: Oct 20, 2009 10:48:56 pm
      You've just admitted that we won't see the benefits of his youth policy for 5 years, yet slag him off again in the same post for it not working yet?

Our situation is not a desirable one, but we're not pretending. We know the squad we have can give any team a run for their money. Just see last season for proof of that. It's a rough patch, rougher than anything of late, but to say that we're 'f*cking sh*t' and we're pretending? I think there's a few Liverpool fans who forget how far we've come.

True but last season we had Alonso and Arbeloa. I think we miss Alonso more than anyone because firstly he builds up play, his awareness, passing, secondly he free's Gerrard and allows Stevie to play the free role. That's the differnece between last season and this. We didn't replace Alonso. Well we did but we aint seen him yet
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #123: Oct 21, 2009 12:37:24 pm
      Don't worry everything will look a lot more Rosey when Rafa gets a fuly fit Starting XI playing a number games together, Have belief have hope have optimism and every thing will come to fruitition :)
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #124: Oct 21, 2009 06:32:28 pm

Before you quote me understand that I didn't say we are f*cking sh*t as your post suggests.

Exactly how far have we come?  I admire your confidence but how long will you be satisfied with 2nd,3rd,4th place in the premier league?

Let's hope for all our sakes we can get out of this 'rough patch' and win on sunday.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #125: Oct 21, 2009 08:21:32 pm
      this is going to be the weirdest season ever for all involved....

chelsea have dropped points so have man u...     things can change and there's a long way to go yet.....

lets concentrate on each game...head up and be strong

IRWT
      markbfm
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #126: Oct 26, 2009 01:29:47 am

One down, one to go.

Anyone want their fortune told?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #127: Oct 26, 2009 01:34:17 am
      One down, one to go.

Anyone want their fortune told?

Sure.

Quick Reply