Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The New Anfield Stadium - Debate

Read 157533 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: The New Anfield Stadium - Debate
      Reply #460: Oct 25, 2008 12:18:13 am

Not bad progress really  :f_steam: for 18 months

Better than Wembley ;D!
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #461: Oct 25, 2008 01:35:58 am
      wanna stay at anfield :(
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #462: Oct 25, 2008 01:43:23 am
      as 4 groundshare.......hahaha hahahahahaha dats just a joke
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #463: Oct 25, 2008 07:58:05 am

Not bad progress really  :f_steam: for 18 months

But Venison, that picture is a few weeks old now.

The Digger has moved about 10 feet since then.  Keep up!   :lmao:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #464: Oct 25, 2008 01:34:22 pm
      my mistake  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #465: Nov 14, 2008 10:03:55 am
      Just reading about the amount taken on match-days.  Absolutely vital this ground gets started by someone soon.  Every game played we fall further and further behind.

Matchday revenue

Anfield: £1.4m per league game

Goodison Park: £0.8m

Arsenal's Emirates: £3.3m

Man Utd's Old Trafford: £3.5m
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #466: Nov 14, 2008 02:24:07 pm
      it wont be built by the yanks so we shouldn't hold our breath.i cant see the banks refinancing their loans in January which will lead to them needing to sell the club.....!i hope and pray!there no wonder man u have double out transfer budget every summer.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #467: Nov 14, 2008 05:15:20 pm
      Just reading about the amount taken on match-days.  Absolutely vital this ground gets started by someone soon.  Every game played we fall further and further behind.

Matchday revenue

Anfield: £1.4m per league game

Goodison Park: £0.8m

Arsenal's Emirates: £3.3m

Man Utd's Old Trafford: £3.5m

The thing is, JD, Arsenal have a stadium that is only 1.3 times the size of ours (about 60,300 compared to about 45000) but makes over twice the revenue.  The difference can only come from increased ticket prices (I know about corporate boxes, etc.)

We all want the club to be in a big stadium but we will end up paying for it through the turnstiles.  Anyone know what the cockneys pay to get in?  I'll bet it's at least £50.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #468: Nov 14, 2008 05:23:46 pm
      Match Day ticket prices Emirates

Upper/Lower Tier Category A Category B

Centre Upper £94 £66
      Centre Upper Back £71 £50
      Next to Centre Upper £71 £50
      Next to Centre Upper Back £62 £44
      Wing Upper £62 £44
      Wing Upper Back £56 £39
      Corner Upper £62 £44
      Goal Upper £67 £47
      Goal Upper Back £56 £39

Centre Lower £53 £36
      Wing Lower £48 £33
      Corner Lower £48 £33
      Goal Lower £48 £33

Bit steep some of them prices, no wonder its never full  :f_whistle:

Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #469: Nov 14, 2008 05:43:52 pm
      Match Day ticket prices Emirates

Upper/Lower Tier Category A Category B

Centre Upper £94 £66
      Centre Upper Back £71 £50
      Next to Centre Upper £71 £50
      Next to Centre Upper Back £62 £44
      Wing Upper £62 £44
      Wing Upper Back £56 £39
      Corner Upper £62 £44
      Goal Upper £67 £47
      Goal Upper Back £56 £39

Centre Lower £53 £36
      Wing Lower £48 £33
      Corner Lower £48 £33
      Goal Lower £48 £33

Bit steep some of them prices, no wonder its never full  :f_whistle:

Thanks Cas.

So, if we get a new 60,000 stadium we're gonna have to match these prices to make as much revenue.

Not gonna happen.  Or if it does, even less locals will be able to afford to go.  Thomas Cook will always sell tickets no matter what the price is.   >:(
      MsGerrard
      Reply #470: Nov 14, 2008 05:53:58 pm
      Thanks Cas.

So, if we get a new 60,000 stadium we're gonna have to match these prices to make as much revenue.

Not gonna happen.  Or if it does, even less locals will be able to afford to go.  Thomas Cook will always sell tickets no matter what the price is.   >:(

I think this is what people are so worried about, the normal everyday man on the street is being priced out of going to a football match, if he hasn't already, to be fair though the ticket prices are always going to be higher in London than up North.

They'll just have more corporate boxes  ::)

People always seem to find the money though don't they.....changing the subject somewhat !.............Credit Crunch  ??? the shops were full of Christmas shoppers yesterday, it was heaving.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #471: Nov 14, 2008 06:08:35 pm
      I agree that tickets are always likely to be nore exxie in London but how do we make up the shortfall?  Do we build even bigger or sell tickets at a higher cost?

On the subject of people having no money but going Xmas shooping I'll just quote a very wise woman...

"People always seem to find the money don't they?"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #472: Nov 14, 2008 07:51:13 pm
      It's not just tickets though.  Often I've quite fancied a drink or something to eat at half time - but you have to be one of the beauts and leave before the ref blows his whistle if you want anything to eat.  I bet you clubs such as Arsenal and United are far more organised than the muppets at Anfield in this respect.

And programmes.  I'd probably pick one of them up if I didn't have to either a) stand in a queue 20 deep or b) get there half an hour before because that's when they're sold out.

I could do a better job of running Liverpool than Rick Parry as could most on here.
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Reply #473: Nov 20, 2008 05:59:38 pm
      Hey, would their be more leg space in the normal stands in the new anfield because im 6foot5 & a half and when I currentley go and see liverpool its agony as the chair infront digs into my legs!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #474: Nov 21, 2008 01:38:50 pm
      Ticket prices for any new stadium will be higher in London as they have to claw back the very high cost of buying or renting the land, plus the labour costs were (pre credit crunch) much higher.

Chelsea pay a wapping amount of rent on their place, just because of the location. 

we do need the stadium for the increased capacity but i would love if possible to see our Anfield increase to 60,000 or a little more, but this will never happen.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #475: Dec 18, 2008 07:34:25 pm
      hello forumites  it def would be nice to have our new stadium built . but it will be even better if our new owners where replaced dammn they suck . yankee wankers . now how about d.i.c takeover thats like bringing glory days back. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #476: Dec 20, 2008 11:12:17 pm
      A little quote from the official site's section on the new stadium:

A spokesman for the club said: "Our commitment to building a new world class LFC stadium is undiminished. Like many other major development projects in the UK and overseas we are affected by global market conditions and as such work on the project will be delayed in the short term. We will use this period productively and progress the proposals for the stadium to increase its capacity to 73,000 seats."
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #477: Dec 21, 2008 11:59:58 am
      A little quote from the official site's section on the new stadium:

A spokesman for the club said: "Our commitment to building a new world class LFC stadium is undiminished. Like many other major development projects in the UK and overseas we are affected by global market conditions and as such work on the project will be delayed in the short term. We will use this period productively and progress the proposals for the stadium to increase its capacity to 73,000 seats."

I'd want it upped to 105,000, with seats that move you in the direction of the ball for the amount of time we've had to put up with club statements professing their undying commitment to making this stadium happen.

It's getting harder and harder to stay optimistic about it the longer it goes on.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #478: Dec 21, 2008 12:28:03 pm
      I'd want it upped to 105,000, with seats that move you in the direction of the ball for the amount of time we've had to put up with club statements professing their undying commitment to making this stadium happen.

It's getting harder and harder to stay optimistic about it the longer it goes on.

Wanted to laugh but couldn't.  :-\

They should definitely (but probably won't  ::)) fine tune the seating and ticket allocation arrangement. With such a large capacity of seating, they should be able to sort out (or improve) lots of current problems!

Why couldn't they find a way to make part of the almost 30,000 new seats available at a reduced price to locals, especially those who were regulars (attended a certain number of games per season)? I know this is idealistic and won't happen, but I'm convinced it would solve such problems as the poor atmosphere in league games most weeks, which is even starting to be felt in CL and other cup matches.

What's sad is that the prices are certainly going to increase throughout the entire new stadium, making Anfield even more of a tourist attraction, and matches an event to be watched, rather than Liverpool a club to be supported.

I realise that many fans not from Liverpool are excellent supporters, I myself am not from Liverpool and live abroad, so these comments are not made from a personal dissatisfaction with ticket prices, or difficulty getting to games, but a simple frustration that the team I love is not getting the backing from the fans on match day. Anyway, the stadium needs building before the issues will ever get addressed, which in itself seems something of a pipe-dream these days.  >:(
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #479: Dec 27, 2008 06:38:18 pm

Let's just build one twice the size of Camp Nou and charge a fiver for each ticket!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #480: Dec 28, 2008 04:43:32 pm
      Let's just build one twice the size of Camp Nou and charge a fiver for each ticket!

It'd pay for itself eventually! ;) Call it £15. That'd cover matchday wages, etc. ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #481: Dec 28, 2008 07:19:44 pm
      We could just nick two big stadiums and weld them together or something...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #482: Dec 28, 2008 09:30:11 pm

One could only dream of a 196,000 capacity stadium ... imagine; a single tier, 60,000 capacity Kop. How amazing would that be?

Quick Reply