Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Off to the Pub

Read 149614 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Off to the Pub
      Reply #782: Jun 23, 2013 01:27:55 pm
      Well back off my jollies' and going for a Propper bevie with the box of toys,taste buds here they come!.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #783: Aug 02, 2013 05:01:41 pm
       :f_whistle:few scoops on the way mouth like a barbers strop!.....Gone!!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #784: Aug 02, 2013 06:12:48 pm
      Happy hour at the bar here - €1 a pint.....aaaahhhh that's better!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #785: Aug 02, 2013 08:57:38 pm
      Happy hour at the bar here - €1 a pint.....aaaahhhh that's better!

F**k wish I was over there with ya lad..

Have one for me will you
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #786: Aug 02, 2013 10:14:39 pm
      F**k wish I was over there with ya lad..

Have one for me will you

I fear I may have had more than one for you fella!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #787: Sep 15, 2013 12:56:49 pm
      Well i'm off for a few of the what we drinkers do!,just sad no game today and a bit on edge to resume footy after the break (HATE INTERNATIONALS)!!.
      Will like most be foot-tapping till ko tomorrow.C'MON YOU REDS!!  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #788: Sep 15, 2013 04:12:17 pm
      Hope your having a good one el b - I may manage a quick pint on way back from shops. Thats after I build a new PC desk for the eldest and hang the new blind in the loo.

Weekends used to be about watching sport and getting p#ssed what happened?

I used to lie to my ol' man about how much I'd spent on my new gear to wear on a Saturday night or how many beers (general rule - divide by 3 then add 1 for authenticity) now I lie about how much the f#ckin power tools I buy at B & Q cost!

Deary me!

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #789: Dec 08, 2013 01:34:53 pm
      Right that's it i'm goin for a pint!..telly's crap,speaking of crap what time is the "blueshite"! on.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #790: Apr 26, 2014 10:17:24 am
      Cant decide if i am going to the pub for this one got a touch of the old man flu sh*te and feel bloody awfull ,but thinking of us busting the plazzy,s brings me out in a smile, by one tomorrow i should be buzzing and just might make it there. How many amongst us thinking of the same?
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #791: Apr 27, 2014 05:09:43 am
      You all might find this amusing.  There are a few places here in Cincinnati that identify as Irish or English pubs, and when I go into one I naturally expect at least an attempt at authenticity, but usually all the Irish or English flag means is, "We're an American bar that serves Guinness."  With that said, the other day I left my office to get the payroll money to the bank and there was a place I've driven by several times and had never been in.  The sign identifies it as an English pub and they even have a Union Jack flying next to the Stars and Stripes outside.  It being supper time or thereabouts and my wife being out for the evening, I figured I would stop in there for a bite.

I sit down and look over the menu and I see fish and chips, so I decide I'll try it.  When it arrived, the fish looked good but it was served with what we call chips and not what I would expect to see on the plate in a place with a Brit flag flying outside.  I called the server over and explained that I expected fries and she replied, "The menu says fish and chips and that's what you asked for."  I said to her, "Fries are called chips over there and they call these crisps."  She replied, "I didn't know that.  You learn something new every day."  I told her that if I see chips on the menu in a place that has a Brit flag by the door and calls itself an English pub, I would expect proper English chips.  She went back with my plate and was incredulously telling the cook that I wanted fries and I should have asked for them when I ordered.  So why the pretense of the flag and calling it an English pub when you can't even get chips right?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #792: May 09, 2014 10:07:31 pm
      Does el batez not be on here any more?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #793: May 09, 2014 10:15:39 pm
      Does el batez not be on here any more?

No,he hasn't come home from his last pub visit ! :f_tongueincheek:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #794: May 09, 2014 10:18:29 pm
      No,he hasn't come home from his last pub visit ! :f_tongueincheek:

:)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #795: May 09, 2014 10:30:06 pm
      You all might find this amusing.  There are a few places here in Cincinnati that identify as Irish or English pubs, and when I go into one I naturally expect at least an attempt at authenticity, but usually all the Irish or English flag means is, "We're an American bar that serves Guinness."  With that said, the other day I left my office to get the payroll money to the bank and there was a place I've driven by several times and had never been in.  The sign identifies it as an English pub and they even have a Union Jack flying next to the Stars and Stripes outside.  It being supper time or thereabouts and my wife being out for the evening, I figured I would stop in there for a bite.

I sit down and look over the menu and I see fish and chips, so I decide I'll try it.  When it arrived, the fish looked good but it was served with what we call chips and not what I would expect to see on the plate in a place with a Brit flag flying outside.  I called the server over and explained that I expected fries and she replied, "The menu says fish and chips and that's what you asked for."  I said to her, "Fries are called chips over there and they call these crisps."  She replied, "I didn't know that.  You learn something new every day."  I told her that if I see chips on the menu in a place that has a Brit flag by the door and calls itself an English pub, I would expect proper English chips.  She went back with my plate and was incredulously telling the cook that I wanted fries and I should have asked for them when I ordered.  So why the pretense of the flag and calling it an English pub when you can't even get chips right?

That waitress was full of sh*t, as you say the dish should remain faithful to the pub theme.
      No coincidence that crisps entail opening a pack and spreading them on a dish, while chips entail a lot more preparation and expense. Original chips require peeling potatoes, slicing and frying, even frozen chips require frying before serving.
      Saved her and her employer some effort and expense that oversight.

Had some superb Guinness in Boston it's got to be said.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #796: Jul 18, 2015 06:45:03 pm
      Well its that time to head off to the ale house , has everyone gone te total in here not a lot of pub goers , mind mr Batez must still be in one .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #797: Jul 18, 2015 06:52:08 pm
      Really wish i was off down the pub, could drink a lake of Guinness tonight
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #798: Feb 22, 2016 03:44:58 pm
      Got a new watering hole over the past 12 months or so. Kabinett, on Myrtle St. Next door to our work, staff are sound, belting music. Lacks any sort of atmosphere during the week but come the weekend it's boss. Always end Saturday nights there.

Bit pricey like but it's nice enough. It's a wine bar as opposed to a boozer. Hence why I have to drink rum and coke when I'm there, cos they don't do bitter.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #799: Feb 26, 2016 05:58:54 pm
      Well it's that time off to the ale house two of my best mates waiting for a session Wales are playing let's hope for a great night , have a good night peeps
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #800: Apr 16, 2016 06:09:37 pm
      Just about to get ready and nip up the road to my local, The Willows on Saughall Massie, as Joey Jones will be there for one of those talk thingys.

My Dad is very excited. I'm more excited to be allowed out on a Saturday. I'll be making the most of it.

"Don't wait up love"

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #801: Apr 16, 2016 08:10:48 pm
      Great this Joey been standing with me and me Dad for good half hour now chatting away. Cracking bloke.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #802: May 08, 2016 11:45:05 am
      45mins off to the Arkles and sink a few before kick off!! COYR!!
      #APPLEJUICE
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #803: Jul 09, 2016 04:52:33 pm
      Gonna get my sh*t together and head off for an afternoon/evening drinkathon in Cambridge,mass.throw out an invite if anyone's around.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #804: Jul 09, 2016 05:55:36 pm
      Going to head to the Globe Pub in Chicago this afternoon to watch the Chicago Fire vs Toronto FC.

Quick Reply