Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Off to the Pub

Read 149583 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Off to the Pub
      Reply #851: Dec 31, 2018 10:42:45 am
      The Apple Juice is calling so I shall have to partake later then home for some food more juice and see in the New Year

Wish Everyone All The Best Have A Good One.

Ha ha - we’re heading out at 3 for a few cream sodas and back for 7ish.

Big lad working at 6 tomorrow am, finishing at 1 then we’re all out for a bucket with the relatives.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #852: Jan 06, 2019 06:46:34 pm
      price of a pint gone up $7 for a smithwicks,guinness is 7.50.plus a tip.pissed off about this.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #853: Jan 06, 2019 06:49:18 pm
      price of a pint gone up $7 for a smithwicks,guinness is 7.50.plus a tip.pissed off about this.

I’d say that’s about 20-25% more expensive that Glasgow mate - using today’s exchange rate.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #854: Jan 06, 2019 07:24:08 pm
      It's actually cheaper than alot of bars around town,Used to be imports were the most expensive beers  but the craft beer nerds have moved the goalposts.It's tough getting yanks out to drink in the early afternoons don't think raising prices helps.Ya not allowed to do happy hour deals either.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #855: Feb 10, 2019 08:00:59 pm
      Eating in a lovely restaurant in Kensington tucked away on a side road..

Maggie Jones it’s called, really quirky..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #856: Feb 11, 2019 05:24:26 pm

Apparently some dumb ass was engraving wood/skateboard or something set off the alarms,bartender said it happened friday a.m as well.Mass ave was closed both ways,dude ain't gonna be popular. We didn't have to clear out of the pub,nice one Cambridge FD! :ernaehrung004:

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #857: Feb 23, 2019 09:22:13 am
      Wales v England  today so the ale house it is messy one this .
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #858: Feb 28, 2019 06:47:12 pm
      Since moving abroad I’ve got to say one of the things I miss most is the pub culture in the UK, where you can just go to your local pub on your jack jones and have a pint without anyone batting an eye.

No real pubs over here, they’re all bars or pubs that are trying to be bars, just not enjoyable for me.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #859: Feb 28, 2019 06:56:55 pm
      Since moving abroad I’ve got to say one of the things I miss most is the pub culture in the UK, where you can just go to your local pub on your jack jones and have a pint without anyone batting an eye.

No real pubs over here, they’re all bars or pubs that are trying to be bars, just not enjoyable for me.

Which bit of the world are you in,gotta be an irish pub,no? even one of those designer irish chain pubs?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #860: Feb 28, 2019 07:06:27 pm

Which bit of the world are you in,gotta be an irish pub,no? even one of those designer irish chain pubs?

In Cape Town mate. Really not much by the way of ‘proper’ pubs. Did find an Irish pub when I first got here, but it didn’t even serve Guinness, so never made a 2nd trip :D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #861: Feb 28, 2019 07:28:25 pm
      Not familiar with cape town.What about the liverpool supporters club,no one there point ya in the right direction?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #862: Feb 28, 2019 07:30:36 pm
      Not familiar with cape town.What about the liverpool supporters club,no one there point ya in the right direction?

Nah, it’s crap mate. Did see Robbie Fowler in there, but it also happens to be one of the most expensive places to drink in the city. They’re all bars more than pubs mate, the place I went back home was just a series of chairs and tables. Very basic but had a character that just doesn’t carry across to the places here.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #863: Feb 28, 2019 07:32:23 pm
      I went to the official Glasgow supporters club for the first time ever in Sunday.

It was in a pub (The Record Factory on Byres Road in the West End) and it was great.

My 15 year old loved it too.

Took it out me though with this viral thingy still hanging. Was in my bed for 7!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #864: Mar 01, 2019 05:37:07 pm
      Nah, it’s crap mate. Did see Robbie Fowler in there, but it also happens to be one of the most expensive places to drink in the city. They’re all bars more than pubs mate, the place I went back home was just a series of chairs and tables. Very basic but had a character that just doesn’t carry across to the places here.

That's to bad.Ya might have to do a bit of compromising.My local is good during the day,but gets more younger hipster beardy as the evening goes on,also a patio where the real cool kids go that refuse to drink at the bar,just have to suck it up sometimes. How much is a pint in cape town?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #865: Apr 06, 2019 06:33:26 pm
      I'm off out,sunny afternoon the"cool"beautiful people will be on the patio,i'll be sat at the bar! :ernaehrung004:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #866: Apr 20, 2019 05:57:13 pm
      F**k this,i'm off out while it's dry,showers rain and poss thunder coming in later. :food-smiley-005:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #867: Apr 20, 2019 07:00:24 pm

That's to bad.Ya might have to do a bit of compromising.My local is good during the day,but gets more younger hipster beardy as the evening goes on,also a patio where the real cool kids go that refuse to drink at the bar,just have to suck it up sometimes. How much is a pint in cape town?

Alehouses are weird in Boston mate, went to a bar with Bernie to see the game, saw the first half then a load of kids from a nearby college called in, most drinking coke.
      Couldn't wait for the full time whistle.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #868: Apr 20, 2019 07:14:54 pm
      Sat in the beer garden and I’ve snagged a ticket for tomorrow happy days
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #869: Apr 21, 2019 09:21:32 pm
      Alehouses are weird in Boston mate, went to a bar with Bernie to see the game, saw the first half then a load of kids from a nearby college called in, most drinking coke.
      Couldn't wait for the full time whistle.

No doubt,loads of bars i won't go anywhere near cos of the college crowds,spent a bit of saturday afternoon talking to an 86 year old irish born guy and a 60ish greek guy,rest of the bar was empty.quiet all day.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #870: Apr 26, 2019 06:36:18 pm
      Here ya go,lads.I'm off to the F***ing pub. :food-smiley-005: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #871: Apr 26, 2019 06:50:14 pm
      I’m doing the same few sherbets 😁😁
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #872: May 04, 2019 04:13:02 pm
      Off to “The Record Factory” dive bar in Glasgow’s Byres Road for few ales and watch the game with the clan.

Great bar - home of Glasgow’s official LFC supporters club.

Beer will be taken. In quantity.

Up the f***in’ top of the table by 10pm reds!

:)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #873: May 04, 2019 04:43:41 pm
      Off to “The Record Factory” dive bar in Glasgow’s Byres Road for few ales and watch the game with the clan.

Great bar - home of Glasgow’s official LFC supporters club.

Beer will be taken. In quantity.

Up the f***in’ top of the table by 10pm reds!

:)

Met a guy from the Glasgow reds,way back when....i'll be heading out later dive bar in Cambridge ,Mass for me.Smithwicks will be drunk,dunno if my Newcastle buddy will show.Up the F***ing reds!!

Quick Reply