Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Off to the Pub

Read 149586 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Off to the Pub
      Reply #23: Mar 29, 2009 01:04:21 pm
      Going for a little drinky poo havn't been out all week,been on nights.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2009 06:52:46 pm
      Speak latter as i am off down the club for a game of snooker.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2009 07:24:14 pm
      Don't wish to lower the tone here But,has anyone noticed that since the smokin ban came in. Now when you get home you can smell the farts on your clothes ??  ;) :f_whistle:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #26: Mar 30, 2009 08:02:36 am
      Don't wish to lower the tone here But,has anyone noticed that since the smokin ban came in. Now when you get home you can smell the farts on your clothes ??  ;) :f_whistle:

I know sometimes my Wife is terrible,even the dog legs it!  ;) :f_bluelight:myuck the dog just dropped one right next to me mmmyuck.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #27: Mar 30, 2009 11:40:32 am
      I know sometimes my Wife is terrible,even the dog legs it!  ;) :f_bluelight:myuck the dog just dropped one right next to me mmmyuck.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Mar 31, 2009 09:50:28 am
      The Quiet Man, The Eagle and Child, The Farmers Arms, The Princess, The Bow and Arrow, The Bluebell, The Hillside, The Sticky Carpet, The Tent, The Tin Bin, The Hills in Oxford Rd, All gone. Never forgotten. Huyton is a nuns paradise. I believe Jade is up for eviction already.
      I cannot believe that all those pubs have closed down, I drank in most of them at some time or other.Is the Yew Tree still standing as that was built in the same era as the Eagle ,the Farmers,The Bow ,The Bluebell the Hillside.The Quiet Man came later.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #29: Mar 31, 2009 12:47:59 pm
      I have not been to the "local" for months, the last time was the 1-1 draw aganst Athlecio Madrid, Away!

It's since they tarted the place up, used to be a nice 'Pub' now, its a poncy, leather couch, high stool, cubicaled coffee/wine bar family establishment!  :f_steam:
      Ever the lav's are clean, with posh Belfast type sinks.
      It looks nice, and smells nice, BUT TS NOT A PUB!
      ha ha i hate them pubs.

Robs definition of a pub.

1. it should have old people in during the afternoon, usually with racing slips
      2. There should be some intracate wood carving at least somewhere
      2.5 The music should be very low and chilled out until at least 9pm so you can talk
      2.7 should sell only peanuts as food
      2.8 there should be no poncy furniture about (thats for women)
      3. There needs to be at least one fight a month, otherwise you know nobody gets drunk so its an eating place.
      4. there should be people who stand at and talk at the bar.
      5. Swearing should NOT be barred
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2009 08:37:28 pm
      I cannot believe that all those pubs have closed down, I drank in most of them at some time or other.Is the Yew Tree still standing as that was built in the same era as the Eagle ,the Farmers,The Bow ,The Bluebell the Hillside.The Quiet Man came later.

Unfortunately the Yew Tree has gone as well. Did you know the pub scene in the 51st. State where Robert Carlyle gets legged by the mancs was filmed in the Yew Tree. The QM was built in 1957. I have drunk there since 1970/1
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2009 09:08:57 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Quote box and text separated. »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #31: Apr 05, 2009 12:44:06 am
      Couldn,t post before going out too much of a rush back now and well oiled up great win for us keps the pot bublin.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #32: Apr 05, 2009 01:04:01 am

Having a think about it now, I can't for the life of me think what the local is for some areas of Huyton now.  Quite a lot of boozers have closed down.  No wonder the offy's are doing so well around there.  Maybe that's why they built the brand new ASDA to hold larger quantities of ale?

I reckon the bar in Huyton/Prescot golf club is about the closest now to most. ;)
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #33: Apr 05, 2009 01:11:15 am
      That pub Seel arms is that still going, All the others did need bombing too many loonies in them. I used to like the Rose in the Village, and that one by the station. Im working in the greyhound now, you know they fight in there on the floor for a laugh, and people come in with big black eyes, i love it, thats what i call character.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Apr 05, 2009 09:10:04 am
      Unfortunately the Yew Tree has gone as well. Did you know the pub scene in the 51st. State where Robert Carlyle gets legged by the mancs was filmed in the Yew Tree. The QM was built in 1957. I have drunk there since 1970/1

Thank you for that information, cheers.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Apr 05, 2009 09:17:13 am
      Having a think about it now, I can't for the life of me think what the local is for some areas of Huyton now.  Quite a lot of boozers have closed down.  No wonder the offy's are doing so well around there.  Maybe that's why they built the brand new ASDA to hold larger quantities of ale?

I reckon the bar in Huyton/Prescot golf club is about the closest now to most. ;)
      I presume the Rose and Crown has gone as well,it used to be on the corner of Archway Road and Bluebell Lane if my memory is right.I know the pubs used to be a good place to discuss/debate Saturdays match on a Sunday dinnertime.St Dominics church in Southdean Road had a bar that was well patronised on a Sunday,I suppose that has gone as well.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #36: Apr 11, 2009 09:29:34 am
      A good day planned of down the city watch the reds in a pub then its off to the millenium staduium to watch Cardiff and toulose in the quarter finals a good day on the ale is planned see you all later .
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #37: Apr 11, 2009 11:05:12 am
      Have a good day Andy, supposed to be there myself but i have family visiting for Easter. Cardiff should win this one anyway enjoy yourself mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #38: Apr 12, 2009 12:47:46 am
      JUST GOT IN
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Apr 12, 2009 12:56:43 am

and did you have a good time?  ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #40: Apr 12, 2009 10:12:41 am
      Had a great day best day out with my mates for a long time ,watched the liverpool game in the pub with my manc mate he did say they would swap berby for Torres any time the polite answer was fck off you are having a laugh went back to the pub after the cardiff game had one hell of a sing song, oh i ruined some songs.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #41: Apr 12, 2009 03:09:39 pm
      I presume the Rose and Crown has gone as well,it used to be on the corner of Archway Road and Bluebell Lane if my memory is right.

There's a pub on that corner called the Wheatsheaf, Billy? So I assume it's just changed it's name.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #42: Apr 12, 2009 06:01:37 pm
      Well i am off to the pub in 15 mins off for a game of poker .
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 12, 2009 06:45:12 pm
      There's a pub on that corner called the Wheatsheaf, Billy? So I assume it's just changed it's name.

Yeah it has Kenny   ;)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #44: Apr 12, 2009 07:28:03 pm
      Kirkby! Is the Pingwood alive & well ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #45: Apr 13, 2009 02:52:43 am
      Just got home what a weekend on the piss been  to a party goodnight all.

Quick Reply