Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Secret Millionaire

Read 4722 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      The Secret Millionaire
      Mar 23, 2009 11:12:55 pm
      Does anyone ever watch it? A new series just started tonight. Always does me in when they give their money away.

I wouldn't mind meeting one of these secret millionaires.
      MsGerrard
      Re: The Secret Millionaire
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2009 11:14:51 pm
      Does anyone ever watch it? A new series just started tonight. Always does me in when they give their money away.

I've seen a couple of them. Quite interesting.

You've met one  :lmao: ;)

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2009 11:17:15 pm

Hope one buys out Gillette!!

Have watched it a few times. Kind of does me head in. Millionaires and they give like 13 grand to whatever the cause why not give 25 grand to make sure they are well secure? Then again they dont have to give anything I suppose and it is a nice gesture
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2009 11:26:46 pm
      Fair play to the fella tonight though. He gave 150 grand to a woman who helps families who get made homeless, into temporary housing.

Come on, we all know Gerrard is minted.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2009 11:31:14 pm

Come on, we all know Gerrard is minted.

;)
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2009 12:14:00 am
      Where and when is it on?
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #6: Aug 13, 2009 06:04:05 am
      oooh love this show. but i always end up crying
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      secret millionaire in Anfield
      Reply #7: Oct 01, 2009 12:06:35 am
      what a depressing area, great show though! :f_wah:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #8: Oct 01, 2009 12:40:49 pm
      I didn't realise that was a new one last night, so I missed it.

Bumflaps.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #9: Oct 01, 2009 12:45:03 pm
      Try C4 online.  Think redkenny left a link for it on the TV thread yesterday.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #10: Oct 01, 2009 09:47:39 pm
      Belive it was on Anfield, Pepole on Roger Phillips were talking about it today. Didn't give a very good impression from what was said. Have watched it before don't like it to much I get the feeling the millionaires trying to look good and just pass on a Small amount of money, relative that is. One programme had a bloke who helped a boxing club with money but what made it different was he afterwads gave up his time to help run the club and look after there finances
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #11: Oct 03, 2009 02:14:30 pm
      Anfield is a sh*t hole I go there every week to see the in laws. Its a sh*t hole because regenaration means rows of empty boarded up houses attract kids and vandelism.Also the car got broken into, the driver must have been an idiot to leave stuff in a new car outside that house he deserved to be broken into. On the plus side it did show that despite the obvious difficulties living there the people came across as good honest people trying to help out in their communities and that was really positive. Also the guy gave away £127k which made a huge difference to the people he met. If anyone is to blame for the area it is the Council for not getting on with the regeneration.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Oct 03, 2009 02:35:37 pm
      Belive it was on Anfield, Pepole on Roger Phillips were talking about it today. Didn't give a very good impression from what was said.

I knew there'd be people on the blower to Roger Phillips about it the next day. There's a lot of people who only phone that show to have a good old moan about anything and everything. They shouldn't be having a go at the producers of The Secret Millionaire, it should be a go at the people who've let that area go down the pan.

Anfield is a sh*t hole I go there every week to see the in laws. Its a sh*t hole because regenaration means rows of empty boarded up houses attract kids and vandelism.Also the car got broken into, the driver must have been an idiot to leave stuff in a new car outside that house he deserved to be broken into. On the plus side it did show that despite the obvious difficulties living there the people came across as good honest people trying to help out in their communities and that was really positive. Also the guy gave away £127k which made a huge difference to the people he met. If anyone is to blame for the area it is the Council for not getting on with the regeneration.

Absolutely spot on mate. I often work around Anfield and some areas of it are ridiculously bad.

But as you rightly say, this particular episode emphasised on the genuine decent people of Anfield living in a terribly difficult area. There was one part of it where it showed a man brushing up rubbish outside his house amongst a street of boarded up houses. Pride!!

If anything, it was a deserved dig at the council and the wankers running our club. And whilst doing so, proving that people shouldn't be judged by where they come from.

And that fella who was the millionaire seemed like a proper decent fella.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #13: Oct 03, 2009 02:47:54 pm
      I knew there'd be people on the blower to Roger Phillips about it the next day. There's a lot of people who only phone that show to have a good old moan about anything and everything. They shouldn't be having a go at the producers of The Secret Millionaire, it should be a go at the people who've let that area go down the pan.

Absolutely spot on mate. I often work around Anfield and some areas of it are ridiculously bad.

But as you rightly say, this particular episode emphasised on the genuine decent people of Anfield living in a terribly difficult area. There was one part of it where it showed a man brushing up rubbish outside his house amongst a street of boarded up houses. Pride!!

If anything, it was a deserved dig at the council and the wankers running our club. And whilst doing so, proving that people shouldn't be judged by where they come from.

And that fella who was the millionaire seemed like a proper decent fella.

I was shocked by the state of the place.  It's been a while since I've been around there but the change was shocking.  All those empty boarded up houses.  What a waste.  The council needs to take a good look at itself.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Oct 03, 2009 02:55:21 pm
      You're right. And it's been like that for a good few years now. It reminds me of the Norris Green Boot estate. Although a lot of the empty houses there have been knocked down now and they've built a few new ones. (my old back garden is still there though)  ;D

Tell you what though. For a small amount of time, at least we can say we had a genuine, generous millionaire doing good at Anfield.  ;)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #15: Oct 04, 2009 02:21:39 am
      An Aussie version of this will be starting Thursday night.

So, is it any good?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Oct 04, 2009 10:09:09 pm
      An Aussie version of this will be starting Thursday night.

So, is it any good?

The English version is good. The Aussie one might be a bit crazy though. Just like AussieRed.  ;)
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 14, 2009 11:49:30 pm
      just watched tonights in Warrington, Warrington looks like a leafy suburb compared to Anfield
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Oct 15, 2009 12:28:15 am
      It was good tonight's one. I just think they all get onto it now. The format is tired. They all know what's coming! Some great people on tonight's one.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #19: Oct 16, 2009 02:40:42 pm
      It was good tonight's one. I just think they all get onto it now. The format is tired. They all know what's coming! Some great people on tonight's one.
      No offence intended mate the show was outstanding but most of them lads didn't know when the next giro was coming never mind suss the shows format out,it was really emotional when they found out the millionaires identity and their reaction was obviously genuine you could see what the project meant to them individually. After saying that your right of course the show is hackneyed and you know when the games up and they've been sussed but it's just being played for the audience.
      Best thing they could do now is give it a rest .

Quick Reply