Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread

Read 426805 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread
      Reply #3726: Jul 30, 2016 10:50:07 pm
      We brought some sunshine in the end 2-1,Dunn and Lennon.

And afterward, Jack Dunn was loaned to Morecambe for a half season. Good luck to him.

Another item from the official LFC recap -it says Lloyd Jones was substituted in the 1st minute...???

Even if he went down with an injury early, you'd think 60 seconds would go by before the sub actually came on, so I'm guessing/hoping that is someone missing a keystroke in filing the report and it should have been more like 61, or 71 and not, 1. Anyone know?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3727: Aug 01, 2016 10:11:58 pm
      The lads thrashed MK Dons 3-1 tonight.  Goals from Wilson, Gomes and Masterson.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3728: Aug 01, 2016 10:28:34 pm
      The lads thrashed MK Dons 3-1 tonight.  Goals from Wilson, Gomes and Masterson.

Nice win for the lads. I found out that it was on this morning but then by tea time completely forgot about it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3729: Aug 14, 2016 01:39:14 pm
      U23s currently playing Southampton.  Losing 1-2 at the moment Ings with the goal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3730: Aug 14, 2016 02:03:52 pm
      I knew there was something I was meant to watch.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3731: Aug 14, 2016 02:12:22 pm
      U23s currently playing Southampton.  Losing 1-2 at the moment Ings with the goal.

Gonna miss watching the ressies, just dumped sly for BT, once I get my firestick and crack it it will be cracking I won't miss anything ever again, yee Fookin hah!!!!

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3732: Aug 22, 2016 01:36:52 pm
      The u23s take on Chelsea away tonight in their 2nd game of the season.  It'll be a tough game as Chelsea have dominated across all youth level football at home and in Europe for the last 4 seasons or so.

The game is being shown live on lfctv from 6.30pm with ko at 7.05pm.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3733: Aug 22, 2016 03:07:53 pm
      The u23s take on Chelsea away tonight in their 2nd game of the season.  It'll be a tough game as Chelsea have dominated across all youth level football at home and in Europe for the last 4 seasons or so.

The game is being shown live on lfctv from 6.30pm with ko at 7.05pm.

It'll be good for the lads to test themselves tonight, hopefully they manage to put on a good display.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3734: Aug 22, 2016 03:16:48 pm
      It'll be good for the lads to test themselves tonight, hopefully they manage to put on a good display.

Yep, they're a good measure of where we need to be mate.  Not that it makes much difference to the chavs players as no matter how many tournaments, titles and trophies they win they still don't get to play in the 1st team.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3735: Aug 22, 2016 04:07:01 pm
      Yep, they're a good measure of where we need to be mate.  Not that it makes much difference to the chavs players as no matter how many tournaments, titles and trophies they win they still don't get to play in the 1st team.

Too true! At this level it's all about the individuals as a full team is never going to make it through to the first-team but it's nice to win along the way.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3736: Aug 22, 2016 04:08:41 pm

This team sheet should also give us a hint about a couple of young players who might or might not be in the squad for Burton tomorrow. Thinking Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn and Brannagan (and I guess Stewart depending on how liberally Klopp intends to use the U23 matches as match opportunities for older squad players).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3737: Aug 22, 2016 04:24:09 pm
      Too true! At this level it's all about the individuals as a full team is never going to make it through to the first-team but it's nice to win along the way.

It's always nice to win mate but I'm sure all those lads that've been through their Academy winning all those trophies would prefer to see some 1st team action rather than being farmed out on loan before before sold to pay for the next lot.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3738: Aug 22, 2016 04:31:11 pm
      This team sheet should also give us a hint about a couple of young players who might or might not be in the squad for Burton tomorrow. Thinking Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn and Brannagan (and I guess Stewart depending on how liberally Klopp intends to use the U23 matches as match opportunities for older squad players).

I don't think any of those other than Stewart will see any 1st team action tomorrow mate.  We have enough fringe players and players still getting their fitness back to give game time to without including 16 and 17 year olds. 

Matip, Can, Grujic, Origi, Sturridge, Ings all need minutes yet Jürgen said there may only be 2 or 3 changes.  I also think the whole squad is still coming to grips with what's expected of them so this is another opportunity to get that work in away from the training ground.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3739: Aug 22, 2016 06:41:57 pm
      Alexander-Arnold not in the team for the  U23s so I expect him at least to be in the squad for Burton. Brannagan and Woodburn both starting tonight however, so we won't see them tomorrow I wouldn't expect.

When I get home from running a training session tonight with my team, I look forward to seeing our younger players in action. Hopefully since it is live they will put the full match up pretty quickly on LFC TV.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3740: Aug 22, 2016 06:49:30 pm
      Phew thought my wifi had packed up but it's back on again.

Tonight's team

Grabara Maguire Whelan Lewis  Williams Virtue Lennon Woodburn Phillips Brannagan Wilson.

Yes I know they're not in the right order, you'll have to work it out for yourselves tonight  :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3741: Aug 22, 2016 06:50:27 pm
      Alexander-Arnold not in the team for the  U23s so I expect him at least to be in the squad for Burton. Brannagan and Woodburn both starting tonight however, so we won't see them tomorrow I wouldn't expect.

When I get home from running a training session tonight with my team, I look forward to seeing our younger players in action. Hopefully since it is live they will put the full match up pretty quickly on LFC TV.

No Randall either unless he's on the bench mate.  I didn't catch who the subs were.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #3742: Aug 22, 2016 07:08:16 pm

Here's the full line-up and the subs :). Wilson captain! Exciting front four.

No Alexander-Arnold, Ings, Randall or any other first team players. Very curious about tomorrow's line-up.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3743: Aug 22, 2016 08:28:03 pm
      That's piss poor marking from the midfield. Too lazy to track back.

Just as I was submitting this Wilson equalises :D. Great finish! 1-1.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3744: Aug 22, 2016 08:30:36 pm
      Well after dominating the first half without scoring they score early in the 2nd half but then an absolute beauty from Wilson makes it 1-1.

Great finish but lovely build up down the left from Woodburn and Maguire for Wilson to finish with a looping first time shot.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #3745: Aug 22, 2016 08:30:59 pm
      That's piss poor marking from the midfield. Too lazy to track back.

Just as I was submitting this Wilson equalises :D. Great finish! 1-1.

Was thinking the exact same thing, poor from the midfield not tracking the runner. Lovely goal by Wilson though, great curl!

Woodburn has been fantastic I think, probably our best player on the pitch.

Concede minutes after and Chelsea make it 2-1. A bit later we concede a poor penalty, bad foul there but Grabara with a big save!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3746: Aug 22, 2016 08:38:18 pm
      What on earth.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #3747: Aug 22, 2016 09:02:58 pm

Grabara with his best Mignolet impression there  ;D

Think he actually had quite a good game, harsh on him conceding four. Chelsea were clearly the better side. On to Arsenal it is.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3748: Aug 23, 2016 03:29:38 pm
      I only watched the first half and then the highlights (all the goals were in the 2nd). First half was played at a frenetic pace - not entirely enjoyable to be honest. I'm a big Cameron Brannagan fan but he seemed a little out of sorts in that game.

Harry Wilson has some serious technique, although I'm not entirely sure that goal is what he intended. Woodburn is a force, but we knew that. The only other player who really stood out for me was the little midfielder for Chelsea. Very quick and good close control, but honestly, he may be shorter than Maradona without the upper body strength.

Quick Reply