Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

What is the best medium for games.... the answer may surprise you all!

Read 2015 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      What is the best medium for games.... the answer may surprise you all!
      Mar 24, 2009 01:10:41 am
      Quite frankly the answer is not PS3 or xbox or even Wii.

The answer belongs to technical change, and what medium changes faster than any other without waiting for 5 year console cycle of next-gen updates.
      The answer is simply the computer (PC). Why, because a pc is now more powerful than a plastation 3 (which has 8 cores), Pc's components on average upgrade 4 times a year, consoles every 4-5 years.

Ah, I hear you all say, but its the games that make the console, BUT an awful lot of very good games start on the pc and frequently now console games get ported to the pc without any trouble at all, so in summarising, get yourself a new motherboard, memory and chip, and it will really blow you away, has anybody seen the PC version of burnout (outstanding), farcry 2 and Crysis (both stunning). The only falldown of the pc games scene is easy pirability of the games, or is it a falldown, it could just make people upgrade, the pc a no lose situation.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: What is the best medium for games.... the answer may surprise you all!
      Reply #1: Mar 24, 2009 06:42:36 am
      I say consoles are better. The PS2 was around for 7 years before the release of the PS3, and the PS3 will be around for another 8 years. I wouldn't want to keep the same PC for that length of time anyway. You're going to buy a new PC anyway, just as you will a new console. Plus, you don't have to sit on a computer chair playing for hours with the console. Just relax and play.

Personally, i prefer not to play games on the PC.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Mar 24, 2009 06:45:36 am
      PC may be more powerful but to upgrade or buy a new pc which plays the games even as good as a ps3 you're gonna end up forking out alot more money that and try playing fifa with a keyboard.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Mar 24, 2009 07:10:55 am
      Amen Robbyr!
      PC is just superior. Not just in specs, but in every other department aswell. The precision of a mouse compared to the mindfuckery of analogue sticks or button combinations compared to just 1 key etc.

The only thing PC games aren't better for is sports games. RTS, FPS, RPG etc all better on PC. Fact.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #4: Mar 24, 2009 08:23:34 am
      PC may be more powerful but to upgrade or buy a new pc which plays the games even as good as a ps3 you're gonna end up forking out alot more money that and try playing fifa with a keyboard.
      good point about expense there, but i got a £50 video card that pisses on the ps3, if you buy a pc now you cant go wrong, they are quite cheap aswell these days, just make sure you have the necessary motherboard expansion slots. As for the keyboard, its not really relevant anymore as logitech do joypads with 10 buttons that are rathers smart and robust.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2009 08:28:31 am
      I say consoles are better. The PS2 was around for 7 years before the release of the PS3, and the PS3 will be around for another 8 years. I wouldn't want to keep the same PC for that length of time anyway. You're going to buy a new PC anyway, just as you will a new console. Plus, you don't have to sit on a computer chair playing for hours with the console. Just relax and play.

Personally, I prefer not to play games on the PC.
      my pc is on my hdmi TV they all have slots these days for putting your pc into, this is rather good for downloading films and watching them directly without having to pay sky subscription also you can sit on your normal couch. As for the time point, if your gonna renew your pc every four years then your made, just get the right one and your games are spot on, and cheaper than console games, if you know how to do it, you can get your games for free yahooooo.

Quick Reply