Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

HJC Cup 2009

Read 4063 times
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      HJC Cup 2009
      Mar 24, 2009 10:50:22 pm
      HJC Cup 2009 5-A-Side-Footy Tournament

Date: Saturday 23rd May 2009

Time: TBC ā€“ but planned for: Registration, 12pm. Kick-Off, 1pm

Venue: PlayFootball, Drummond Road, Crosby, L23 9YP

http://www.playfootball.co.uk/Crosby/contact.htm

Entry fee: Ā£100 per squad. Squads can contain a MAXIMUM of 8 players, to include rolling subs.

This is the annual 5-a-Side football tournament held to raise money for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign. Now in its seventh year, this tournament has fast become a mainstay of the LFC football season and has been hotly contested in recent years.

Everyone is welcome, veterans and newbies alike. Donā€™t worry if you canā€™t get a team together but want to play. Just get in touch at the email addy below to register your interest and we can find/create a team for you.

Each team must nominate a team captain, who is then responsible for registering their team and collecting monies (see below).

The Prize: The much-coveted HJC Cup itself. Plus mini-trophies for each winning squad member and runners-up member, and would look great on any IKEA mantelpiece.

The reigning champions, and the team to beat, isā€¦.ROBY FC.

How To Enter:

ALL teams must first REGISTER via their team captain by emailing Sarah Deane on sair37@redandwhitekop.net

Please include your team name and contact details. Your registration will then be confirmed by return email.

Entry fees can then be paid in one of the following ways:

PAYPAL: Payments PER TEAM ONLY can be made to sarahdeane@thequestionmaster.co.uk with ā€œHJC Cup [Team Name/Team Captain]ā€ stated clearly in the reference box.

CHEQUE: Made payable to ā€œHillsborough Justice Campaignā€ and your team name/team captain written clearly on the back. Cheques can be handed in at the HJC Shop or posted to:

HJC Cup Entry
      408 The Collegiate
      Shaw Street
      Liverpool
      L6 1HA

In either case, please include a covering letter stating clearly who the money is from and a contact email so receipt can be confirmed.

So, What Happens Then?

For anyone whoā€™s never been before, this is what happens.

Group Stages (teams drawn by independent UEFA official. Or Gerry).
      Quarter-Finals (or Second Round, depending on number of teams entered)
      Semi Finals
      3rd/4th place play off
      Final
      Beer.

Bibs are provided, but it would be helpful if all teams can ā€˜co-ordinateā€™ their kits.

PlayFootball has a spacious licensed bar for spectators.
      Supporters are welcome ā€“ the barā€™s open all day

Evening ā€˜doā€™ ā€“ this is yet to be finalised and more details will appear in due course.

Any questions, no matter how trivial, feel free to IM me (Sarah Deane) or email
      sair37@redandwhitekop.net

For more information about the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, go to
      http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough
      http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/hjc-cup/shtm

MsGerrard
      Re: HJC Cup 2009
      Reply #1: Mar 24, 2009 10:57:11 pm
      I have a feeling some of the lads on here were going to get a team up last year weren't they?

Come on you footy mad guys, get yourselves sorted for a LFC Reds team  ;)

I'll come and support you, you're bound to win then  :lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,591 posts | 6919 
      Reply #2: Mar 25, 2009 01:12:12 am
      The missus got a Wii Fit the other day and apparently I've got the BMI of a salted peanut. 

I'm prepared to throw my name in to the hat to play on two conditions

a) Don't expect us to win anything
      b) Can someone bring some CPR equipment

I played in a tournament there a couple of years ago and we did quite well although 2 of our 8 cried off that day, but we still got to the semi.  If there are 7 others up for it, and there not going to whinge off a the last minute, then I'm up for it.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Mar 25, 2009 08:41:15 am
      If there are 7 others up for it, and there not going to whinge off a the last minute, then I'm up for it.

I will just whinge off now then save the bother of having to do it later ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Mar 25, 2009 08:41:53 am
      I'll be up for getting involved, it was a shame that it didn't materialize last year - so there's 2 players.

A salted peanut JD?  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,088 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5: Mar 25, 2009 12:05:56 pm
      Go ahead, I'm sure I could get us a few ringers if need be ;)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #6: Mar 25, 2009 12:59:50 pm
      I'm definitely game. I'll go in net if needed.
      cincoveces
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Justice Trophy 2010
      Reply #7: May 09, 2010 01:56:25 am
      Make a sticky please:

The Justice Trophy

5- A-Side Footy Tournament

Date: Saturday 22nd May 2010

Kick-off: 1pm

Venue: PlayFootball, Drummond Road, Crosby, L23 9YP

Entry fee: Ā£80 per squad. Squads of up to 8 players maximum, to include rolling subs.

http://playfootball.net/liverpool-north/tournaments.asp

About the Justice Trophy

The Justice Trophy has been created due to this year's HJC Cup being cancelled. TJT is not affiliated with the Hillsborough Justice Campaign but all proceeds from the tournament will be going directly to the group as a donation.

Entry is open to all and if you can't register a team but still want to play, get in touch and we will find a team for you to play in.

Team captains must collect entry money and register their teams.

A specially-commissioned Justice Cup will be presented to the winners of the tournament.

How To Enter:

All teams must register either by PM'ing the following users lfceurochamps05 on RAOTL, Walton Breck Road on RAWK or by emailing thejusticetrophy2010@googlemail.com.

Please include your team name and contact details. Your registration will then be confirmed by return email.

Payments

PayPal can be made to thejusticetrophy2010@googlemail.com with ā€œJustice[Team Name/Team Captain]ā€ stated clearly in the reference box.

Cash or cheque etc is also optional, just ask about this option and we will get back to you on what to do.

Format

Group Stages
      Quarter-Finals (or knockout round depending on number of teams)
      Semi Finals
      3rd/4th place play off
      Final

As with the HJC, teams should try to co-ordinate their kits. Bibs will be provided.

Presentation

The Justice Trophy will be presented to the winning team immediately after the final has been played.

There won't be an evening do but the bar will be open throughout the day so feel free to come along and support your team.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=114599258559102

Quick Reply