Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

How to prevent cancer

Read 1921 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      How to prevent cancer
      Apr 01, 2009 07:40:11 pm
      Little bit serious for me but here we go.

In the 1940's/50's this effected 1 in every 33 people
      It now effects and 1 in 3 people

It seems to me that modern living is causing this, but how and why
      Has anybody got any tips about how to prevent or just increase your chances of not getting this vile disease.

One study i saw said Apricot seeds seemed to stop it, also i watched a program once and they were on about Brocklie.

It seems very odd and strange how these statistics have changed so much, is it the crap that they are putting in our food.

Thoughts and advice please.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: How to prevent cancer
      Reply #1: Apr 01, 2009 08:04:26 pm
      I blame prepacked and microwave meals and junk food, when you say it was 1 in 33  in the 40s and 50s, they were eating a lot more fresh food than we do now, especially veg.
      What do we do now , out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave. well that's what i think.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Apr 01, 2009 08:12:53 pm

One study I saw said Apricot seeds seemed to stop it, also I watched a program once and they were on about Brocklie.

Is that the same as broccoli?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #3: Apr 01, 2009 08:14:29 pm

One study i saw said Apricot seeds seemed to stop it, also i watched a program once and they were on about Brocklie.

LFC spelling champion 2009 eh  ;D
       ;)

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2009 10:30:51 pm
      They also say we are all born with cancer cells and certain things in your life trigger it off. Sickens me how we can send men to space by spending billions but we cant prevent the biggest killer known
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2009 10:48:50 pm
      It seems every family has suffered at the hands of this horrible monster. But as Brian said there it make you wonder how much we have progressed in this modern age with technology and science and there still is no proven cure.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Apr 02, 2009 12:23:41 am
      Robbyr, you should have put a question mark ( ? ) at the end of your Title thread. I thought you had a cure for a moment.  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2009 01:41:35 am
       I would think the numbers given today are misleading to the numbers given from years ago.The technology is so far advanced these days that the different forms of cancer are detected far quicker so it appears that there is more cancer today.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2009 01:42:53 am
      Not living because apparently everything you do in life increases the risk of cancer.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #9: Apr 02, 2009 07:39:05 am
      Sorry to say but if you become a SMACK HEAD Nothing happens to you while this horrible thing takes all the Loverly People in our lives.
      I am one of the people one of thousands who have lost a parent or close family and friends to cancer,but you would think in this day and age with all the technology and advances in medicine that wew still have not found the answer to this horrible life taker, they say there have been certain breakthrough's but to recieve the treatment you have to pay a fortune but how can you put a price on Life, more so in the Life of a child or young person,we will never come to terms with this killer not untill the absolute 100% cure is found.My heart and soul go's out to the people and family's who are in this situation and I sincerely hope that we find the answer soon.

God go with you all.  YNWA.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #10: Apr 02, 2009 10:52:57 am
      Very well put el batez, i echo your sentiments.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #11: Apr 02, 2009 11:23:02 am
      I would think the numbers given today are misleading to the numbers given from years ago.The technology is so far advanced these days that the different forms of cancer are detected far quicker so it appears that there is more cancer today.
      Good point billy, but the cure rates have gone up, so this sort of balances out the equation.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: Apr 02, 2009 08:25:13 pm
      There may be a lot more cancers detected early but a lot of them are untreatable as well.  I lost a partner in 2000 to brain cancer, he was only 48. He had the cancer removed, had chemo etc but it returned within 2 years and was in such a place on the brain that it was inoperable.    On the plus side ( if you can have a plus side to cancer), my mum has had breast cancer twice and has successfully defeated this terrible disease, so early detection in her case saved her life.       

In answer to your question, how do you fight something you know nothing about ?  

Quick Reply