Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

If you could go back in time, where would you go and Why?

Read 6723 times
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Re: If you could go back in time, where would you go and Why?
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2009 12:37:23 am
      I would love to go back to 1986 and ask a certain Irish lass to go out with me. I seen her the other day and by God she still looks good. (oh yeah,by the way, shes not my wife.........shhhhhhh)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2009 08:05:23 am
      1965...2nd leg of the semi-final against Inter Milan, I would have appointed a different ref for that game which would have taken Shanks and his reds to the final.
      Without a doubt we never lost that match,we were definitely robbed by corrupt officials.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2009 06:03:59 pm
      You never know, maybe the Church got it all wrong!

What??!! :o

I'd go back to Istanbul 05 too. Or at least to the pub I watched the final at. I'll take that glass of water I was offered around half time and not another beer. And then actually remember the 2nd half, extra time and shoot outs.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2009 06:33:50 pm
      and if there ever was a civilisation on mars

Surely you'd need more than a time machine? ???
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2009 12:41:46 am
      Surely you'd need more than a time machine? ???
      dont get yeh ayrton77, have you never looked into ancient markings and pyramid like structures on mars, you need to delve deep in this life to find out what the world is all really about, and discount nothing, as in reality nothing is impossible, especially over the vastness of time. Ah now i understand your logic, getting there, well appently they traveled between our two worlds so they must have had the means of transport, here is a few pictures of pyramids on mars  http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=pyramid+on+mars&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=16nSSe3HDNnT-Qbqur3VBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2009 01:07:55 am
      All these episodes from the new series of LOST didn't get you thinking about this did they robby :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2009 03:43:11 am
      Back to when Earth started and so on. I just dont get how everything 'just explodes into existence'.

Also, the Nazi Germany period. Was like a rock concert every where that man went ::)
      1 BC, Jesus.
      1991, stop the Liverpool downfall!
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2009 11:28:10 am
      All these episodes from the new series of LOST didn't get you thinking about this did they robby :laugh:
      Probably right, dont forget stargate atlantis though.

i agree crouchino about knocking souness out for a few weeks so evans got the job straight away in 91
      the birth of maggie thatcher could be averted..... i would shag her mum so somebody else is born with more sense and morals..hehe
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2009 11:31:09 am
      Back to when Earth started and so on. I just dont get how everything 'just explodes into existence'.

Also, the Nazi Germany period. Was like a rock concert every where that man went ::)
      1 BC, Jesus.
      1991, stop the Liverpool downfall!
      Hey! the big bang, thats a good one, the latest theory in this is that, it just shrinks from the last universe, so there was never a big bang, just a big shrink and then it explodes , then it shrinks again, on and on and on just like brian clough.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2009 12:10:41 pm
      I do find this a very interesting topic, though not really for talking about where I'd go in history, but the whole physics of it.

In the event that we could go back in time one day, surely no great events in history will be changed, or it would have happened already? The future people would have gone back earlier than the current date and already changed things, wouldn't they? Or would they...?

Do we need to first invent the machine to change the past, surely that can't be right because they would still have gone back and done it, so any changes should be done! Mind boggling, like the chicken and egg debate.

Another thought: perhaps changes are going on as we talk. If history were changed, our memories would surely adapt to the changes. Things we'd learnt as children would have been learnt differently, so we'd have no idea changes were going on, as our collective memories are altered. If changes are made, we'll never know it.

Finally, and perhaps most confusingly, what is time anyway? We talk about the past, but it no longer exists except in memory. The future doesn't exist either, as it hasn't happened yet. As for what we call the present, it doesn't exist either, as we are continually shifting and advancing in time, there are no single moments but only an unerring forward motion. So do we even exist, and if so, when?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2009 12:15:27 pm
      I do find this a very interesting topic, though not really for talking about where I'd go in history, but the whole physics of it.

In the event that we could go back in time one day, surely no great events in history will be changed, or it would have happened already? The future people would have gone back earlier than the current date and already changed things, wouldn't they? Or would they...?

Do we need to first invent the machine to change the past, surely that can't be right because they would still have gone back and done it, so any changes should be done! Mind boggling, like the chicken and egg debate.

Another thought: perhaps changes are going on as we talk. If history were changed, our memories would surely adapt to the changes. Things we'd learnt as children would have been learnt differently, so we'd have no idea changes were going on, as our collective memories are altered. If changes are made, we'll never know it.

Finally, and perhaps most confusingly, what is time anyway? We talk about the past, but it no longer exists except in memory. The future doesn't exist either, as it hasn't happened yet. As for what we call the present, it doesn't exist either, as we are continually shifting and advancing in time, there are no single moments but only an unerring forward motion. So do we even exist, and if so, when?
      I'm just an irritating pigment of your imagination :P
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #34: Apr 02, 2009 11:35:02 am

Great thinking Ayrton, on the concept of changes that are taking place as we speak or write, I would say maybe this is the reason for dega vous (parton my french spelling), it feels like you have done something twice or maybe somebody just changed the timeline and you are seeing the results of this.

as for the old paradox problem, I think there are eternal time lines (universes) that can be created. Maybe we all live in our own universe which we can change at any time with all of our actions, this also will effect other people, each move they make puts them in a different universe, hard to envisage I know, but I think anything is possible, after all nobody has ever seen the end of the universe, does it simply curl back on itself like the old asteroids screen if you know what I mean.

the present exists because I sit here and type, the past exists because I can see what I have just typed, and the future exists because we are going to win the Euro cup again I can feel it in my bones, which exist because I can feel them. The future exists because I knew what I was going to type in it, and I did.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #35: Apr 02, 2009 11:37:45 am
      Great thinking Ayrton, on the concept of changes that are taking place as we speak or write, I would say maybe this is the reason for dega vous (parton my french spelling), it feels like you have done something twice or maybe somebody just changed the timeline and you are seeing the results of this.

as for the old paradox problem, I think there are eternal time lines (universes) that can be created. Maybe we all live in our own universe which we can change at any time with all of our actions, this also will effect other people, each move they make puts them in a different universe, hard to envisage I know, but I think anything is possible, after all nobody has ever seen the end of the universe, does it simply curl back on itself like the old asteroids screen if you know what I mean.

the present exists because I sit here and type, the past exists because I can see what I have just typed, and the future exists because we are going to win the Euro cup again I can feel it in my bones, which exist because I can feel them. The future exists because I knew what I was going to type in it, and I did.

Some interesting answers to some impossible questions!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Apr 02, 2009 09:44:45 pm
      I would say maybe this is the reason for dega vous (parton my french spelling)

Dega Vous

Who does he play for?  :lmao:

Robbyr...........your spelling is amazing  :giveup:

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37: Apr 02, 2009 11:16:14 pm
      December 1, 1959

The day Shanks was appointed, I would want to be the first to shake his hand as Liverpool manager
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #38: Apr 02, 2009 11:28:51 pm
      i would wait outside the city walls in the 13th century. Capture the rat that escaped and mated with a rabid pig on the outskirts of soon to be called Scumchester. Execute the rodent spreader
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #39: Apr 03, 2009 08:58:57 am
      I would wait outside the city walls in the 13th century. Capture the rat that escaped and mated with a rabid pig on the outskirts of soon to be called Scumchester. Execute the rodent spreader
      Classic that one. Your avitar is class too.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #40: Apr 05, 2009 05:06:44 am
      1. Birth of Jesus Christ and I'd stalk him to find out if the bible is actually telling the truth etc.
      2. World War I to the trench Hitler was in, kill him to prevent World War II
      3. To stop Scum winning the F.A cup which effectively gave Ferguson what he has now.

Quick Reply