Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Hillsborough - Minutes applause at both Wembley semis

Read 11870 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Hillsborough - Minutes applause at both Wembley semis
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2009 07:25:00 pm
      Apparently Arsenal forget to wear their black arm bands in the first half, according to Alan Green. Once reminded, they wore thiers in the second half. yet what we shouldn't forget is that Arsenal were one one of the few premiership clubs to mention Hillsborough on their offical websites. So I don't wish for any heavy criticsm directed towards them

They forgot  ::) How can you forget   ???

Oh well......at least they did put them on for the second half I suppose.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #24: Apr 19, 2009 02:47:27 pm
      On the question of applause being a suitable medium for the anniversary in recent times applause has been heard at funerals not as an indication of congratulation more of a sign of wholehearted agreement with sentiments expressed,at the 20th anniversary service at Anfield applause was used frequently,although after saying that I would not question anyones disapproval of it being used for such an occasion.
              The reason I believe certain other clubs want to use applause to show their respects is due to the fact that they know there are a good proportion of tw*ts amongst their number who would severely embarrass their team and I think we know which clubs this applies to.   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Apr 19, 2009 03:17:50 pm
      The reason I believe certain other clubs want to use applause to show their respects is due to the fact that they know there are a good proportion of tw*ts amongst their number who would severely embarrass their team and I think we know which clubs this applies to.   

Nail on the head there stuey. And it would only take one mouth to ruin a silence.

Quick Reply