Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

UEFA Draw: Liverpool v Barcelona

Read 62314 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: UEFA Draw: Liverpool v Barcelona
      Reply #437: Mar 06, 2007 10:37:47 pm
      Glad justice was done.  Barcelona didn't even deserve their 1-0 but we're through. That's all that matters and thoroughly deserved.

The players were brilliant in Spain after the 'Portugal holiday' and they were superb today.

I hope we avoid the English sides in the next round cos this tournament is much better playing other European sides.  However, I think we could have any of the English teams.

We have nobody to fear in this tournament.  Before that first leg, the European media/bookies etc were carving Barcelona's name on the trophy.  We made them look sh*te in both games.

You can keep your theatre of dreams - we've got the F***ing colisseum.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #438: Mar 06, 2007 10:37:50 pm
      COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god, I thought my head was gonna explode in that last twenty minutes!!!! Brilliant hard graft from the lads there!!! One chance at the end SHOULD HAVE BEEN converted. Maybe two, all in all. But we done what we had to do and we done it in style. We done ourselves proud!!!!

I raise a can of Stella to each and every one of my fellow reds on here!!! You'll Never Walk alone!!!!

On we go.....
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #439: Mar 06, 2007 10:39:35 pm
      Top marks Rafa, from your passion tonight I thought you were on the pitch kicking every ball that was just out of camera-shot! Just don't get the Pennant for Bellamy sub (twice in 2 games  ???) but that's why you're in charge and not me!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #440: Mar 06, 2007 11:00:01 pm
      Top marks Rafa, from your passion tonight I thought you were on the pitch kicking every ball that was just out of camera-shot! Just don't get the Pennant for Bellamy sub (twice in 2 games  ???) but that's why you're in charge and not me!!

Rafa is obviously too much of a genius to be supersticious

This is a game which has Carra's name written on it, he will be key for us tonight if we are to see this tie through.

Told you so, Jamie Carra must be worth as much as Gerrard is, but to us they are priceless
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #441: Mar 07, 2007 03:55:21 am
      Question...Is Mascherano able to play in the quater finals? Did Rafa put him on the list? God I hope so now with Momo, who was fantastic now out of the next game. any idea?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #442: Mar 07, 2007 08:11:50 am
      Got my sore throat guys !!  for all the right reasons, what a performance from the lads - we can do this, anyone got that magic feeling from 2005 ?  cos i certainly have, i'm not booking any holidays this year till this is sorted !!!  ;D

PS.  Saw the Rafatola marching around the ground outside it was sooooo funny, loved every minute of it, they were even on News at Ten when i got home, i was laughing my socks off.  ;D ;D ;D     
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #443: Mar 07, 2007 09:29:58 am
      We're through
      i am so pleased ....i was really shakin at the end the last 20 minutes were nerve racking
      i am very proud at the way liverpool stood there ground
      carra and finnan were briliant and so was reina......(certainly if you compare him to Valdez.... ;D)
      kuyt and riise were great
      and it was just a wonderfull match
      Pride for my team.....
      Thanx to Rafa and everyone else..

cause don't forget

WE'RE THROUGH...... ;D

(still can't believe it really)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #444: Mar 07, 2007 11:42:50 am
      I have woken up this morning with a sore throat, no nails and no clean under wear, but was it all worth it? Too fcukin right!!!!! What an atmosphere, When I got home from the match I watched the high lights and the Barca fans were gob smacked and even after being knocked out they were taking pictures of the ground singing YNWA!!

Man of the match............definit ely the fans, but closely followed by Carra, the rock on which our club is built! I don't care who we get but I would prefer a foreign team, its doesn't seem right playing English teams in Europe! ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #445: Mar 07, 2007 11:56:07 am
      I have woken up this morning with a sore throat, no nails and no clean under wear, but was it all worth it? Too fcukin right!!!!! What an atmosphere, When I got home from the match I watched the high lights and the Barca fans were gob smacked and even after being knocked out they were taking pictures of the ground singing YNWA!!

Man of the match............definit ely the fans, but closely followed by Carra, the rock on which our club is built! I don't care who we get but I would prefer a foreign team, its doesn't seem right playing English teams in Europe! ;)

completely agree with you mate, but who are the fans who sang "who are you, who are you" to Ronaldinho ??
      sorry but that is not Liverpool FC, they are fans who watch and are influenced by Soccer AM.

moan over - well done to the real fans and all the players !!  special mention to the Barca fans who joined in with YNWA before kick off and towards the end of the game.
      Cy
      Reply #446: Mar 07, 2007 12:11:44 pm
      What a peformance from Liverpool...great concentration great spirit great attitude..CARRA was immense once again. The fans were amazing..the tactics of RAFA spot on (again)..It's a well deserved victory..they all played wonderful stuff, I have no nails left on both hands but man oh man what a team, what a club, thank you lads..

I would also prefer to play a foreign team in the last 8 but no contry protection no more...we will see, after this I'm ready for anything..
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2007 12:12:15 pm by Cy »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #447: Mar 07, 2007 12:29:56 pm
      completely agree with you mate, but who are the fans who sang "who are you, who are you" to Ronaldinho ??
      sorry but that is not Liverpool FC, they are fans who watch and are influenced by Soccer AM.

moan over - well done to the real fans and all the players !!  special mention to the Barca fans who joined in with YNWA before kick off and towards the end of the game.

Don't worry mrtommo, I was sat behind the Kop goal and when this embarrassing chant occurred, we shouted it down, and I was quick to point out to offending supporters that they sounded like Bolton Wanderers and I thought I was in the Reebok for a minute!

Keep songs Scouse- RTK ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #448: Mar 07, 2007 12:55:28 pm
      Well done to not just the magnificent as always Kop but also to all parts of the ground for joining in with YNWA, the sight of the ground awash with red made me so proud.

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007 12:17:47 pm by Glenbuck »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #449: Mar 07, 2007 01:54:29 pm
      Dont know for sure only guessing but maybe the idea Pennant on first was because with Barca playing 3 in defence and us taking Bellers off Barca then have 3 defenders against 1 man up front for us,and we pack midfield with 5 men.
      After our sub Barca took a defender off and brought on another striker/forward
      Therefore still guessing Raffa in his wisdom brought on Crouch so that we had 2v2 up front maybe think we could nick one back.
      All this is just guessing anyone else have any thought on this?
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #450: Mar 07, 2007 02:49:32 pm
      Dont know for sure only guessing but maybe the idea Pennant on first was because with Barca playing 3 in defence and us taking Bellers off Barca then have 3 defenders against 1 man up front for us,and we pack midfield with 5 men.
      After our sub Barca took a defender off and brought on another striker/forward
      Therefore still guessing Raffa in his wisdom brought on Crouch so that we had 2v2 up front maybe think we could nick one back.
      All this is just guessing anyone else have any thought on this?

Watching the game last night on RTE (Irish tv) and Ray Houghton was on the commontary team.

He made a comment that Barca were playing 2-4-4. That's two defenders!! That's when Pennant was about to be brought on and I thought it was to shore up the mid-field and give us a better attacking option on the break with the added security of a 5 man mid-field and the possibility of Sissoko and Alonso falling back that bit more to help out at the back.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #451: Mar 07, 2007 04:11:16 pm
      Well done to not just the magnificent as always Kop but also to all parts of the ground for joining in with YNWA, the sight of the ground awash with red made me so proud.

The corner where the Annie Rd meets the Kemlyn was bouncing! Its looked awsome! Cant wait for the next round!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #452: Mar 07, 2007 04:36:25 pm
      The corner where the Annie Rd meets the Kemlyn was bouncing! Its looked awsome! Cant wait for the next round!!

Thats where i was last night CH, it was rockin'  bring the next round on eh ??  Didnt you hear me then?     ;) ;D ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #453: Mar 07, 2007 04:42:09 pm
      Thats where I was last night CH, it was rockin'  bring the next round on eh ??  Didnt you hear me then?     ;) ;D ;D

I heard you and i was in my front room in Wallasey! :)
      4matlou
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #454: Mar 07, 2007 06:07:02 pm
      hi
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #455: Mar 07, 2007 06:48:23 pm
      I was in the lowere Annie Rd and it was bouncing. The Barca fans were magnificent at the end of the game everyone was swapping scarfs and the Liverpool fans were shouting Barca and the Barca fans were shouting Liverpool what a night.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2007 06:49:17 pm by davie t »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #456: Mar 07, 2007 07:57:11 pm
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #457: Mar 07, 2007 08:10:29 pm
      Watching the game last night on RTE (Irish tv) and Ray Houghton was on the commontary team.

He made a comment that Barca were playing 2-4-4. That's two defenders!! That's when Pennant was about to be brought on and I thought it was to shore up the mid-field and give us a better attacking option on the break with the added security of a 5 man mid-field and the possibility of Sissoko and Alonso falling back that bit more to help out at the back.
      Well if thats true then I stand corrected ,5 in midfield probably right to sure up this area,as for the rest of my thinking then ooops! :laugh:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #458: Mar 07, 2007 08:27:20 pm
      Brilliant, What a night, what a result. YNWA all round the ground. Colsest Iv'e come to shedding  tears since I was a boy. John Terry...... captain of england? bollocks, want a leader of men.... Carra ! Top man, Never watched a more determined,organised, confident, brave, committed leader of a defense in all my life. Just breathtaking and humble with it as well.  Has to be the most valuable player inEurope !
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #459: Mar 07, 2007 08:43:54 pm
      Brilliant, What a night, what a result. YNWA all round the ground. Colsest Ive come to shedding tears since I was a boy. John Terry...... captain of england? bollocks, want a leader of men.... Carra ! Top man, Never watched a more determined,organized, confident, brave, committed leader of a defense in all my life. Just breathtaking and humble with it as well.  Has to be the most valuable player in Europe !
      Couldn't agree more mate what a player he is.
      We all dream of a team of carragher`s
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2007 08:45:11 pm by davie t »

Quick Reply