Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UFC

Read 148656 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: UFC
      Reply #46: Aug 19, 2009 11:01:00 pm
      Nice bit of revenge for Brock that. I reckon it'll be Andrei Arlovski or Tim Silva next for Brock if they can sort a deal out.
      I give Lesnar some credit he looked good.  90% of his fight is based on his size. I would like to see him fight Feodor. I think Feodor would destroy him. But I would still watch it.  Feodor better rethink his options and start coming to the UFC. Everyday he gets older. He needs to cash in right now and go to UFC.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #47: Aug 20, 2009 10:40:47 am
      Would love to see Fedor vs Brock or even Lashley vs Brock.

Incase you haven't seen this already:
      Fedor Emelianenko vs Hong Man Choi
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #48: Aug 24, 2009 02:19:18 am
      I've been a fan of UFC since UFC 1. Back when it was no weight class, no gloves, anything goes. I've seen a ton of fighters and Feodor is the best ever. So far.

When he fights he is technically perfect. What ever hold, move or technique his opponent uses, Feodor will counter with a superior move. If his opponents is a striker, feodors takes it to the mat, If his opponent is a Jiu Jitsu master, Feodor counters with strikes and kicks. He is a perfect fighter.

I've seen about every one of Feodors fights. His pro fights. I've never seen anyone get an edge on him or put him into a position he wasn't ready for.

I wish he was around when they started UFC. I would of liked to see him fight Dan Severin, Randy Couture or Royce Gracie.  I would still like to see him fight Couture but I think old Randy is past his prime. Too bad would of been epic.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #49: Aug 26, 2009 06:21:29 pm
      Emelianenko vs Gracie would've been the greatest MMA fight in the Universe. Ever.

The first UFC i saw was UFC 6 i think when Tank Abbott just smashed his way to the top.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #50: Aug 28, 2009 01:50:02 am
      The legend himself, Captain America, Randy "The Natural" Couture vs Minotauro Nogueria this weekend, UFC 101. Let's have your predictions then Lads.

I'm a huge admirer of Randy I've gotta be honest, one of the best fighters of all time! Love seeing him fighting at 46 years of age. But then again Minotauro is also one of the best heavyweights around.

Also on the card is Keith Jardine vs Thiago Silva.

BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #51: Aug 28, 2009 05:20:39 pm
      My heart says Randy but my head says Minotauro.

Nogueria is fearsome when he's in the mood and i think he'll just have a bit much in the tank for Couture. If Randy takes it to the floor though he's got an excellent chance.

I'm going to back Silva to beat Jardine too and also for Chris Leben to win his fight.

Gabriel Gonzaga is also fighting.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #52: Sep 01, 2009 11:34:25 am
      Results from UFC 102.

Nogueria beat Couture by unanimous decision.

Silva beat Jardine by KO in 1st round.

FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #53: Sep 10, 2009 02:20:57 am
      Nogueria v Couture was a class fight. Amazing that Randy can still hold his own with the best at 46 years old. Also amazing that Nogueira is only 33 but manages to look older than Randy! Seriously though Nogueira looked impressive.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #54: Sep 10, 2009 11:24:17 am
      Can't wait for the Shogun Rua vs Machida fight. Seems like it's going to be a great one. I don't see Machida getting beat, although i want Shogun to win. Any updates on who Brocks next opponent might be, or GSP's next opponent?
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #55: Sep 10, 2009 01:11:03 pm
      Apparently Brock is fighting Shane Carwin at UFC 106 november 21st.

BJ Penn is fighting  Diego Sanchez for UFC 107. Frank Mir is fighting Cheick Kongo on the same night.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #56: Sep 10, 2009 03:51:00 pm
      Looking forward to Machida and Shogun. Brock is against a guy who is the same size as him :O
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #57: Sep 10, 2009 07:06:11 pm
      The fight that surprised me this year was Silva/Griffin...It just didn't seem like Forrest Griffin was even their or ready. When he got knocked out it was a weak punch, then he got up and ran back to his dressing room. Just weird!!  I've seen him take 100 times more punishment than what Anderson Silva did to him. It was just weird.

I wonder if he decided to just cash the check and not bother..but I hate to say that becasue Griffin is an animal, he can take major beatings.  I dont know.

Maybe its a mind game. Maybe Forrest did it on purpose and when the rematch comes, Silva wont train as hard thinking hes nothing and then Griffin, "Rope-a Dopes" him... If thats the case then that would be f***in' BRILLIANT!!!! Who knows, Maybe?
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #58: Sep 10, 2009 07:54:05 pm
      It's simple, Silva is just in another league. And it wouldn't be brilliant, it would be plain dumb.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #59: Sep 11, 2009 05:06:00 pm
      It's simple, Silva is just in another league. And it wouldn't be brilliant, it would be plain dumb.
      I just cant explain Griffins "No Show" in the fight!   He got knocked down than he gets up and RUNS into the locker-room. Am I the only one who thought that was fu**ed up?  Its not that I'm not giving credit to Anderson Silva...He is the best in the UFC.  But Forrest Griffin has taken 10 times worse in the ring and still wins... Its like he said..."Ok, I'll get hit for a minute make it look good, go down and then go home".. Even watching the fight Silva is talking to Griffin and saying "Cmon Fight".
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #60: Sep 11, 2009 06:08:49 pm
      I just cant explain Griffins "No Show" in the fight!   He got knocked down than he gets up and RUNS into the locker-room. Am I the only one who thought that was fu**ed up?  Its not that I'm not giving credit to Anderson Silva...He is the best in the UFC.  But Forrest Griffin has taken 10 times worse in the ring and still wins... Its like he said..."Ok, I'll get hit for a minute make it look good, go down and then go home".. Even watching the fight Silva is talking to Griffin and saying "Cmon Fight".
      I agree that he went down way too easily from just that punch, but before that he already took some beating, he was already knocked down twice, took a really good beating that second time he was on the ground which left noticeable damage. But obviously he was ashamed, which is why he ran. Obviously though he only made it worse by running away. And Silva does the cmon fight thing in all of his fights, he wants to please the crowd.

While we're talking about that fight anyway, here it is for everybody who hasn't seen it yet:

Anderson Silva Vs. Forrest Griffin
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #61: Sep 13, 2009 09:37:16 pm
      Silva is just amazing.

Griffin was severely rattled by the beatings he took before the 'knockout' and i think he just came to the conclusion there was no way he was going to last. Shame though coz i like Forrest and to see him beaten so easily and readily is a bit disappointing.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #62: Sep 16, 2009 12:11:23 am
      Here's what Floyd Mayweather said about MMA, if you haven't seen it already:
      Floyd mayweather Unloads on the MMA world!!!!

Dana White's response:
      Dana White 103......"what's his name?"
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #63: Oct 12, 2009 11:59:59 pm
      Floyd really was talking out of his arse. Good to see Dana put him in his place.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #64: Oct 13, 2009 11:29:53 pm
      MMA and Boxing is 100% different.  Talking sh*t, thats all he does.  I guarantee you he's not the best "Fighter" in the world.  If Mayweather wants the "Best Fighter In The World" Crown. Then he needs to fight Feodor. 

If he wants to really talk sh*t and "Man Up" then fight Feodor, Floyd. C'mon tough guy, you talk sh*t. You say MMA is bullshit and for Animals, then you should have no problem, bad ass.  Put up or shut up Floyd. Because words and a big mouth, like yours, mean sh*t to me.

Mayweather can talk all he wants.  He wouldn't last 2:00 Minutes against Silva,Griffin,Sanchez,Machida,Gracie,Nogueira,Couture,Cro-Cop, etc, etc, etc.. 

You could take a decent, mid level, MMA fighter, with base MMA skills and conditioning and he could beat Mayweather. Once it goes to ground he's done.  Second getting hit w/ MMA gloves is a lot harder than the giant 12-15 oz gloves in a sanctioned boxing match. 

For him to say that their is no skill in MMA, shows how f***in' dumb he is. He's just another in a long line of Boxers who talk sh*t.  I like boxing, I watched boxing my whole life, Ali,Norton,Sugar Ray,Tyson, Mancini. I watched some great boxing matches, but NO WAY, is boxing more technical and "tougher" than MMA.

Boxing is almost dead. More kids do MMA than Boxing. Boxing is corrupt, political and if Don King is in it, its fixed!  Can anyone tell me who the Boxing Heavyweight Champ is? Can anyone name the last 3 Heavyweight Champs? 
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #65: Oct 14, 2009 01:12:14 am
      Yank LFC Fan everything you said is absolutely spot on.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #66: Oct 14, 2009 09:43:42 am
      Good post Yank LFC Fan.

The UFC are trying to come and have UFC 111 downunder. The talks haven't been finalised yet, but are near finalisation. This is spectacular news and i can't wait for it.

What am i doing here, gotta go get me tickets.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #67: Oct 15, 2009 06:05:34 pm
      Anyone watching the Ultimate Fighter Reality show which is going on right now?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #68: Oct 15, 2009 09:37:33 pm
      Anyone watching the Ultimate Fighter Reality show which is going on right now?
      I watched Kimbo Slice get beat.   He wasn't really overpowered.   I think Kimbo can hold his own in the UFC with the proper backing and training.  He really got a lot hype because of marketing and commercials. He fought in a 2nd tier league, which had some decent fighters, but not UFC caliber.   

Kimbo has power and can take a shot, hes a brawler and street fighter, however he has NO ground game. No Jiu Jitsu skills or ground and pound.  I think with a good year of training, maybe get with the Militich camp, train w/ someone like Matt Hughes or Forest Griffin.  I think he has some conditioning issues.  He seems to fight real hard for 2-3 minutes than just loses gas.  He could be a heavyweight contender in the UFC no doubt. We know he has size and an incredible punch. If its a stand up match, he is certainly in control. When it goes to the fence, gets wrapped up or goes to ground, he just cant counter those Jiu Jitsu or Sambo moves.  If he learns some ground tactics, learn how to counter the guard or side guard and maybe some Muay Thai, he'll be dangerous.

Quick Reply