Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sat 23rd Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 16th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W9 D5 L3

UFC

Read 98676 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2355 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: UFC
      Reply #675: Apr 07, 2018 10:49:17 am
      This has been the craziest fight week of all time!

All it needs now is for Raging Al to beat Khabib
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3432 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #676: Aug 28, 2018 04:50:06 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,170 posts | 323 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #677: Sep 21, 2018 12:09:06 am
      McGregor v Nurmagomedov.

I love Conor. I think hes the best striker in MMA but I dont think he can counter Khabibs ground game. Khabib is an animal on the ground. His jiu jitsu is technically flawless and he uses bits of Sambo and Pancrase which is so effective.  If Conor can keep it standing he has a shot. If it goes to the mat, Khabib will take him. Hes just a better all around MMA fighter.  They have a video of Khabib when he was 6 or 7. He was wrestling a bear, twice his size and winning. He put a bear into a near submission. Its crazy.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2355 
      Reply #678: Sep 21, 2018 07:22:22 am
      McGregor v Nurmagomedov.

I love Conor. I think hes the best striker in MMA but I dont think he can counter Khabibs ground game. Khabib is an animal on the ground. His jiu jitsu is technically flawless and he uses bits of Sambo and Pancrase which is so effective.  If Conor can keep it standing he has a shot. If it goes to the mat, Khabib will take him. Hes just a better all around MMA fighter.  They have a video of Khabib when he was 6 or 7. He was wrestling a bear, twice his size and winning. He put a bear into a near submission. Its crazy.

Khabib cannot fight his normal style against Conor, he will be KOd inside 1 round if he tries. Patience and timing is his key, if he rushes him like he did Barboza or Iaquinta he’s fu**ed
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1990 
      Reply #679: Oct 07, 2018 06:56:30 am
      Khabib is an absolute monster, shame we may n ot see him fight again :(
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,170 posts | 323 
      Reply #680: Oct 07, 2018 07:14:52 am
      Like I said! Khabib was dominant. He controlled the entire match. Not only did he destroy Conor on the ground, but he took a lot of Conors punches and knocked him down with a beautiful left. Conor was completely outclassed. He had some good grouns defense but Khabib just countered and changed his attack. Im the 3rd he tried to get the Kimora and Conor defended it but then Khabib just swung over drove Conor down got his back then choked him out.  It was a master class of grappling and ground fighting. Conor looked gassed after rd 2 and when he saw that Khabib took Conors punches and then got floored by a left himself, he lost all that cockiness and Khabib wrecked him. Look at Conor after he tapped. He looked like someone who had no idea what happened.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,962 posts | 1102 
      Reply #681: Oct 07, 2018 10:52:21 am
      Khabib cannot fight his normal style against Conor, he will be KOd inside 1 round if he tries. Patience and timing is his key, if he rushes him like he did Barboza or Iaquinta he’s fu**ed

Haha there goes that!

Made up for Khabib thought Mcgregor was a little lippy c**t and got his just desserts.

Proper bottle job from him feel for the fuckers who flew over he's all about the payday anyway.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2355 
      Reply #682: Oct 07, 2018 11:07:49 am
      Haha there goes that!

Made up for Khabib thought Mcgregor was a little lippy c**t and got his just desserts.

Proper bottle job from him feel for the fuckers who flew over he's all about the payday anyway.

He didn't fight that way though, in fact he fought the exact opposite.

He showed patience and allowed McGregor to come to him before the shot, was a really good game plan and a good fight.

That sh*t afterwards though was crazy!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,421 posts | 2938 
      Reply #683: Oct 07, 2018 11:30:17 am
      Connor had his arse on a plate.. Tap out king...😂

Khabib really best him on the ground..

As for afters... I’m reading everyone jumping on Khabib & he was wrong.. selective memories some have..
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,060 posts | 1104 
      Reply #684: Oct 07, 2018 03:48:32 pm
      Wasn’t exactly ‘right’ what kicked off after, but without even following the sport I know McGregor is a right mouthy pr**k, can’t carry on like he does and not expect a bit of bite back eventually!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,190 posts | 3949 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #685: Oct 11, 2018 04:17:18 am
      Talks a good game but he’s all mouth, defeats are becoming a regular thing for him now.
      Shame Mayweather took it so easy on him, could have completely humiliated him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3432 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #686: Oct 11, 2018 06:09:06 am
      Yeah, i enjoyed the show for a while but McGregor seems like he just might be at the start of becoming old news now.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,962 posts | 1102 
      Reply #687: Oct 11, 2018 06:27:46 am
      Talks a good game but he’s all mouth, defeats are becoming a regular thing for him now.
      Shame Mayweather took it so easy on him, could have completely humiliated him.

Lost the last 3 out of 5.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2355 
      Reply #688: Oct 11, 2018 08:36:24 am
      Shame everyone is again talking about how ‘bad’ McGregor is. Think about the beatings he has put on people like Aldo, Mendez, Diaz and Alverez... which makes you think, how f**king good is Khabib! The man is a monster!
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,549 posts | 278 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #689: Oct 11, 2018 08:57:32 am
      McGregor is still the king in my eyes. Possibly concentrated too much on that fight in defending take downs. I think he would be more aggressive when they are standing if they fight again.

And Khabib would have looked a lot better if he hadn't jumped the cage. I like him too but as as an Irish man I hope McGregor gets another shot.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,170 posts | 323 
      Reply #690: Oct 11, 2018 04:27:57 pm
      Conor said post fight that he was trying to Rope a Dope Khabib, let him punch himself out then attack in the 5th. Which is just horse sh*t. You cant Rope a Dope in MMA. I like Conor and think hes probably the best striker in the UFC. But if thats true, that was an awful plan.  Plus Conor connected a few times and didnt really do sh*t to Khabib. Then when Khabib threw that overhand and floored Conor, that plan was out the window. Khabib pounded Conor in the 2nd. I thought it was going to be stopped. I think Conors sh*t talking just fueled Khabib. He destroyed Conor. Cant wait for the sequel. Supposedly its going to be St. Patricks weekend at MSG.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,170 posts | 323 
      Reply #691: Nov 13, 2018 01:47:38 am
      UFC just signed an amazing fighter in
       Ben Askren. He was a NCAA All American wrestler. Olympic Wrestler. Numerous Championships in wrestling and grappling. Black belt in BJJ.  Bellator and One FC Champion.

Askren is a monster on the ground. Hes fighting Robbie Lawler in UFC 233. I think it will be an excellent fighr. His style is strange which is why his nickname is "Funky". I cant wait.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2355 
      Reply #692: Nov 13, 2018 07:38:28 am
      UFC just signed an amazing fighter in
       Ben Askren. He was a NCAA All American wrestler. Olympic Wrestler. Numerous Championships in wrestling and grappling. Black belt in BJJ.  Bellator and One FC Champion.

Askren is a monster on the ground. Hes fighting Robbie Lawler in UFC 233. I think it will be an excellent fighr. His style is strange which is why his nickname is "Funky". I cant wait.

Can’t wait to see him!

Also Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez was unreal!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2355 
      Reply #693: Dec 24, 2018 06:53:49 am
      Jon f**king Jones
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,652 posts | 241 
      • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
      Reply #694: Dec 24, 2018 05:12:09 pm

Absolute joke... so much for him never main eventing in the UFC again. They’re moving the whole show to accommodate him!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1990 
      Reply #695: Dec 24, 2018 05:18:13 pm
      Just kick him out completely tbh.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,305 posts | 298 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #697: Mar 04, 2019 07:04:32 pm
      Anyone catch UFC235?

What an epic night of fights, Ben Askren, Pedro Munhoz and Kamaru Usman stole the show for me.

Ben Askren after getting his head pounded in like that managed to wrestle his way out of it and I know many are calling the decision controversial but can't see for the life of me how Lawler was getting out of that joke, really excited to see what Ben can do in the Welterweight division, especially now his buddy Woodley doesn't have the belt.

Cody Garbrandt cost himself the match, to go all out so early on in the fight was the completely wrong move, lovely knockout punch from Pedro though all things said.

Kamaru Usman was exceptional against Woodley, it reminded me of when Khabib is in the cage, completely dominant and imposed his gameplan the whole five rounds. His wrestling was something else and his stand up wasn't too bad either, it looked like Woodley just couldn't get into his rhythm and that was all down to Usman IMO.

Be interesting to see what happens after the Till v Masvidal fight, if Till wins I expect him to call out Ben.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,190 posts | 3949 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #698: Mar 26, 2019 08:09:48 am
      McGregor has announced his retirement. Strange.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,305 posts | 298 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #699: Mar 26, 2019 01:04:21 pm
      McGregor has announced his retirement. Strange.

I call bullshit. He will end up announcing a big fight in the next 2-3 months.

Quick Reply