Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

UFC

Read 148676 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: UFC
      Reply #69: Oct 16, 2009 02:39:42 am
      Yeah Kimbo has the potential to be a very good fighter in the UFC, just really green in many different aspects of MMA but I am getting sick of all the T.V ads talking about his return. Fights have been pretty brutal and pretty quick. Can't wait to see Marcus Jones fight, I was hoping he was going to be picked for the fight this week but Wes got picked.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #70: Oct 16, 2009 03:54:21 am
      Yeah, i've been watching TUF Season 10. I thought Justin Wren's win was really impressive in the most recent episode. He's only 22 as well, so he has major potential.

What about the jerk-off in the shower...

Dana White said the first 3 fights of the season were really disappointing in terms of entertainment, though the rest of the season is boss. Can't wait to see Big Baby fight.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #71: Oct 16, 2009 06:14:51 am
      Wes Simms was talking about how he was talking about entertaining and either winning with a bang or losing in a bag but then goes on to get Arm Triangle in the first round  ::)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #72: Oct 16, 2009 06:51:36 pm
      Really the man to beat in Heavyweight is Lesner.  He really, really Improved his skills. Surprisingly, for such a "man mountain" his conditioning is good. I noticed he tends to get tires midway 2nd rd, mouth breathes, but I think its not a question of conditioning, its just size. He 's not "tired" just hes so big he mouth breathes to just get enough oxygen into those massive lungs.

On another note.  He's kind of a dick. He was really disrespectful after the Mir fight..He needs to start showing class and get out of the Microphone, monologue post WWE bullshit.  MMA is about respect and their is a code.  Dont disrespect a guy you just beat in front of his family and friends. It makes him look like a classless dick. Its all about "Bushido" the Warrrior Code.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #73: Oct 17, 2009 09:48:16 am
      Really the man to beat in Heavyweight is Lesner.  He really, really Improved his skills. Surprisingly, for such a "man mountain" his conditioning is good. I noticed he tends to get tires midway 2nd rd, mouth breathes, but I think its not a question of conditioning, its just size. He 's not "tired" just hes so big he mouth breathes to just get enough oxygen into those massive lungs.

On another note.  He's kind of a dick. He was really disrespectful after the Mir fight..He needs to start showing class and get out of the Microphone, monologue post WWE bullshit.  MMA is about respect and their is a code.  Dont disrespect a guy you just beat in front of his family and friends. It makes him look like a classless dick. Its all about "Bushido" the Warrrior Code.
      Agree that Lesnar is the man to beat, but i personally love the way he gets under the skin of the opponent. It makes for a more entertaining fight. I personally don't like seeing two fighters hug and shake hands after the fight.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #74: Oct 18, 2009 05:01:12 am
      Agree that Lesnar is the man to beat, but I personally love the way he gets under the skin of the opponent. It makes for a more entertaining fight. I personally don't like seeing two fighters hug and shake hands after the fight.

Yeah, but its respect!.  Hey, anyman willing to go into that ring and fight UFC, deserves respect win or lose. Its easy watching it on TV, but it takes a set of BALLS to climb into that cage, get locked in and know the dude across from you wants to end your existence. Then you beat him down and disrespect him in front of his family,children and the crowd "After" the match.  Thats uncalled for and just low class.

Lesnar is bringing that WWE, wrestling bullshit into the UFC.  F**k That.  Keep that in wrestling and keep MMA respectful. These guys have a "Bushido Code". I agree with it.  Its honor and respect and something most sports dont have anymore.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #75: Oct 22, 2009 04:31:49 am
      Anyone catch the show tonight?

Darrill  with a triangle choke on Zak to make it 5-0 for team Rashad. It was a good fight, some good blows were given out, mainly by Darrill but Zak had a take down and did little bit of ground and pound but Darrill got him in the choke and Zak for some reason couldn't defend it.

Only 2 more preliminary fights left with Jones, Junk, Mitrone and Wessel who never fought yet.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #76: Oct 25, 2009 01:08:40 am
      UFC 104 today.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #77: Oct 25, 2009 01:23:37 pm
      Machida vs Shogun was a great fight.

When it was announced that Machida won, I was shocked and think it was definitely the wrong decision. IMO Shogun definitely won the first 2 and the last two rounds and the third one was pretty even. Those kicks by Shogun looked really painful and Machida even started to limp.

I felt really sorry for Shogun and he definitely deserves a rematch. Bring on Shogun vs Machida II...
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #78: Oct 25, 2009 03:31:38 pm
      I lost alot of respect for the UFC today, I can't see how any judge could think Machida won that, it has to be fixed or something. The title belongs to Shogun.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #79: Oct 25, 2009 04:13:36 pm
      Yeah it was pretty horrible and Shogun obviously won it. The commentators were in disarray at the decision aswell, with Joe Rogan having to ask Machida if he thought he deserved to win. Now that's just disgusting.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2009 03:04:36 am by Bahrosa-LFC »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #80: Oct 26, 2009 02:38:16 am
      I was very disappointed with the result as you guys are and also the way Machida fought, you were just waiting for him to make a good combo or land a big shot but he simply didn't do anything and it is a joke he got the title back. I know Dana was pissed at the result and even after the fight you can see Dana say to Rua "you had that".Rumor is there will be a rematch, both fighters agreed to it and suppose to be UFC 108 but we will have to wait and see.

Velasquez defeated Rothwell in I thought was a average fight (I thought the Machida/Sho Gun fight was average to). Rothwell was simply getting his face knocked off then he got mad when the ref called the fight.

UFC 105 is in England, not a very impressive card and not surprised it is offered on Spike TV instead of PPV/
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #81: Oct 26, 2009 03:05:47 am
      I was very disappointed with the result as you guys are and also the way Machida fought, you were just waiting for him to make a good combo or land a big shot but he simply didn't do anything and it is a joke he got the title back. I know Dana was pissed at the result and even after the fight you can see Dana say to Rua "you had that".Rumor is there will be a rematch, both fighters agreed to it and suppose to be UFC 108 but we will have to wait and see.

Velasquez defeated Rothwell in I thought was a average fight (I thought the Machida/Sho Gun fight was average to). Rothwell was simply getting his face knocked off then he got mad when the ref called the fight.

UFC 105 is in England, not a very impressive card and not surprised it is offered on Spike TV instead of PPV/
      Hopefully it is at UFC 108...

The event is rumoured to also include Rashad Evans vs Thiago Silva.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #82: Oct 26, 2009 09:29:01 pm
      I actually thought the fight itself was quite good, sure Machida was dissapointing, but only because Shogun was just that good imo.
      Also, I'm very happy Stefan Struve won again, he's from my hometown, and being a heavyweight at just 21(and 2.11 m), he's gonna be huge in the future.

I doubt the rematch will be at UFC 108, since that already futures:
      # Heavyweight Championship bout: United States Brock Lesnar (c) vs. United States Shane Carwin
      # Light Heavyweight bout: United States Rashad Evans vs. Brazil Thiago Silva
      # Heavyweight bout: Brazil Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brazil Junior dos Santos

If they will fight I suspect it'll be at 109 or 110.
      Shogun has to win then, even more because Anderson Silva won't fight Machida.
      I'm still gutted about the poor decision.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #83: Oct 27, 2009 10:17:46 am
      I actually thought the fight itself was quite good, sure Machida was dissapointing, but only because Shogun was just that good imo.
      Also, I'm very happy Stefan Struve won again, he's from my hometown, and being a heavyweight at just 21(and 2.11 m), he's gonna be huge in the future.

I doubt the rematch will be at UFC 108, since that already futures:
      # Heavyweight Championship bout: United States Brock Lesnar (c) vs. United States Shane Carwin
      # Light Heavyweight bout: United States Rashad Evans vs. Brazil Thiago Silva
      # Heavyweight bout: Brazil Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brazil Junior dos Santos

If they will fight I suspect it'll be at 109 or 110.
      Shogun has to win then, even more because Anderson Silva won't fight Machida.
      I'm still gutted about the poor decision.
      It won't be 110, as that is in Australia. Wanderlei Silva is fighting Akiyama down here and I doubt they'd waste Machida-Shogun II on Australia because of time differences which will mean less US viewers will be tuning in. I reckon it'd feature in 109.

Griffin-Ortiz is the headline act for 106 now.

UFC 108 is going to be big if rumours are to be believed:

•Champ Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort (for middleweight title)*
      •Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva*
      •Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga*
      •Carlos Condit vs. Paul Daley*
      •Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller*
      •Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham*
      •Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout*
      •Dan Lauzon vs. Cole Miller*
      •Ryan Jensen vs. Mark Munoz*
      •Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Pyle*

* - Not officially announced

Can't wait for Paul Daley's fight as well.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #84: Nov 06, 2009 03:22:57 am
      Final 8 of the Ultimate fighter heavyweight series is pick with the follow fights;

* Roy Nelson vs. Justin Wren
          * Brendan Schaub vs. Jon Madsen
          * James McSweeney vs. Matt Mitrione
          * Marcus Jones vs. Darrill Schoonover

Also though this is a UFC name thread strikerforce has their big event this coming weekend with Fedor vs Rogers which is going to be a very good fight.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #85: Nov 07, 2009 03:59:15 am
      If Fedor beats Brett Rogers, who is there to challenge him in Strikeforce. I don't understand why Fedor didn't come to the UFC.

Anyway, my money is on Schaub to win TUF 10. Marcus Jones was impressive against Mike Wessel last week.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #86: Nov 08, 2009 03:27:18 pm
      Rogers did well in the first round. Broke Fedor nose with a jab and had him on the ground and pounding him but Fedor lasted. Next round Fedor knocked Rogers out with a leaping right punch to the jaw of Rogers.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #87: Nov 09, 2009 09:40:58 am
      Yeah, it was a good fight. I really wanted Rogers to get the KO when he was ground 'n pounding him, but he just couldn't make it stick. It was a good win in the end by Fedor. Wonder who he'll fight next...
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #88: Nov 09, 2009 11:43:44 pm
      Really a good fight. Here it is for everybody who hasn't seen it.
      Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers 07.11.2009

Officially Alistair Overeem is still Heavyweight Champ at Strikeforce, though he hasn't fought for them in more than 3 years. But maybe he'll fight Fedor?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #89: Nov 15, 2009 12:40:06 am
      UFC 105 happen tonight in Manchester and it looks like the judges again are in the spotlight as Couture won my decision over Vera even though many though Vera should of won.

Other results are Hardy beating Swick on decision and now Hardy will be facing GSP for the title for welterweight and Bisping fought very well beating Kan (who has been poor since joining UFC).

This card was a average card and the fights seem to follow suit. Next weekend though UFC 106 with Ortiz vs Forrest 2 :)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #90: Nov 16, 2009 05:17:07 am
      Yesterday's event was good, and I definitely thought Vera should have taken the victory over Couture. He definitely was more aggressive. I was also pleased with Bisping's performance.

Next week's event should be boss. I hope Tito Ortiz gets the sh*t knocked out of him. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand the bloke. It should be good...
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #91: Nov 16, 2009 09:03:00 pm
      I thought Vera should of won but it wasn't nearly as clear cut or shocking that Randy did end up getting the win, it is way to hard to see how the judges are going to score and what aspects of the fight are more important.

Quick Reply