Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

UFC

Read 149625 times
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: UFC
      Reply #92: Nov 17, 2009 02:59:52 am
      Looking through the UFC 106 card, there are a lot of good fights and fighters I would like to see. Obviously there's the rematch between Ortiz and Griffin, but I'm also excited for Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson vs Josh Koscheck. I also want to see Amir Sadollah get back in the octagon. I followed him in season 7 of The Ultimate Fighter and I thought he was a really good fighter who never gave up. I also thought his loss to Hendricks was unfair.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #93: Nov 21, 2009 01:55:32 pm
      I hope that Forrest knocks out Ortiz, never really like Tito though he is a very good fighter but still an ass.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #94: Nov 21, 2009 08:55:39 pm
      After last fight Forrest certainly has something to prove.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #95: Nov 22, 2009 03:02:41 pm
      Results from UFC 106

- Forrest beats Tito by split decision
      - Koscuek beat Johnson by rear naked choke hold
      - Lil Nog knockout Cane in the first round
      - Thigo beats Volkmann by unanimous decision 
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #96: Nov 22, 2009 03:12:05 pm
      Split decision eh? Did anyone watch the fight? Looks like a pretty good effort from Tito, Although Forest doesn't look half the fighter he used to be.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #97: Nov 22, 2009 05:30:56 pm

I watched the fight, it was pretty dull fight but I thought Forrest deserved the win as I thought he won round 1 and 3. It was close going to the 3rd round but Tito stood there the whole round and let Forrest punch him. Tito then went on to blame the loss on his crack skull whatever that is ::)

Little Nog was outstanding, he made a few people take notice with his win last night.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #98: Nov 23, 2009 03:43:35 am
      Tito then went on to blame the loss on his crack skull whatever that is ::)
      Yeah, he sounded a lot like Mr. Ferguson at the end there.

It was a good event, IMO, with some good results. I was happy about Sadollah winning his fight and Little Nog was very impressive. Forrest did well, especially in the last round.

I was bitterly disappointed with Anthony Johnson's loss to Josh Koscheck. In my view, Koscheck played dirty in the first round, after 'Rumble' gave him the dirty knee to the head. I accept the fact it was illegal to knee him when he was down, but Koscheck seemed to claim it was his left eye that was hurt due to that knee. The replays show no contact with the left eye. I think Koscheck used that incident to gather himself and after that lengthy pause, the fight was turned on its head and we saw Koscheck start to get the upper hand.

Another impressive display in my mind was the performance of George Sotiropoulis, who fought on the Prelim Card. The way he passes from half guard to side mount, etc. is really top notch stuff. Also, he's Aussie which is another plus for me, as I have someone to cheer on who is from Australia.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #99: Nov 24, 2009 12:58:19 am
      Koscheck going on after the fight about Dan Hardy was quite funny about being the next to fight GSP though the truth is right now neither of them are good enough at this point to take GSP down.

Yeah Sotiroulois really looked very good on the ground, very quick changing positions, I guess Dana will be trying to get him into the card for the UFC down under.

Also a lot of rumors UFC is coming to Montreal which is going to be the Machida vs Sho Gun 2.

Might have to take a trip down, missed the last time UFC was in Montreal and a few friends went to it
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #100: Nov 26, 2009 02:13:22 am
      Looks like Kimbo will be making his UFC debut as it is rumor he will be in the card on Dec 5 and is rumor to be fighting Houston Alexander. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #101: Nov 26, 2009 03:30:40 am
      Know nothing about UFC, but a mate of mine from school is a big fan and is in Vegas and did tequila shots with Joe Stevenson i think his name is? Pretty cool i thought.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #102: Nov 26, 2009 09:06:51 am
      Really am getting quite excited about UFC 110 downunder. Apparently, Akiyama has been replaced with Mike Bisping to fight Wanderlei Silva. Also, Nate Marquardt's fight might come down under. I just really hope tickets don't get snapped up without me knowing they even went on sale. I've got to really be cautious with this.

I read an article on Sydney's 'Daily Telegraph', and was glad to see they are finally recognising MMA as a sport.

On a side note, i don't think 107 will be the best event yet. Looking forward to 108 though...
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #103: Dec 03, 2009 05:24:00 am
      Yeah, it was a good fight. I really wanted Rogers to get the KO when he was ground 'n pounding him, but he just couldn't make it stick. It was a good win in the end by Fedor. Wonder who he'll fight next...

I've watched a lot of Feodor fights and this one he looked vulnerable for the first time. Rogers should of taken it in that first rd when he had the ground and pound, then he just ran out of gas.  Plus it looked like Feodor packed on some fat.  He was never cut or muscular but he was toned, the Rogers fight he looked a little dumpy and slow.  I still think he is the best MMA fighter in the world but I think a smart fighter might watch this fight and see a few chinks in the armor.
      TheLando618
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #104: Dec 03, 2009 06:53:32 pm
      Looks like Kimbo will be making his UFC debut as it is rumor he will be in the card on Dec 5 and is rumor to be fighting Houston Alexander. 

That's either going to be a great fight. or really boring. Houston Alexander is extremely explosive. As is Kimbo, but he has yet to prove himself against someone like Alexander.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #105: Dec 04, 2009 05:31:56 am
      Anyone see the 2 hour TUF special. I was really disappointed to see McSweeney beaten by Roy 'Big Country' Nelson.

This is what i said a while back:
      Anyway, my money is on Schaub to win TUF 10. Marcus Jones was impressive against Mike Wessel last week.
      And i'm sticking to that. 
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #106: Dec 08, 2009 05:35:13 am
      Well, i hate to say it but Roy Nelson proved me wrong. I still don't understand how an elite athlete such as Roy can have such an enormous gut. I was disappointed to see Brendan Schaub lose that fight. Even though he lost he looked really promising and will be a good fighter in the future.

Kimbo looked really impressive against Houston Alexander. He's found a ground game and has a wicked jab. The upset of the night for me was Mitrione knocking out Marcus Jones.

Will be going to get my UFC 110 tickets tomorrow.
      TheLando618
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #107: Dec 08, 2009 08:42:37 pm
      Disappointed that Jones got disqualified in his fight against Hammil. The ref took a point away. Then they disqualified him later. Should have either gave him the win, or disqualified himon the spot. Guy had an undefeated record too. I can see a rematch in the works.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #108: Dec 19, 2009 05:02:12 am
      Jones really does have some potential to be a champ in his division, he made Hammill who isn't no chump look like one, though he didn't get the win he earn more respect from the mma community with that win.

How about BJ Penn pretty much destroying Diego Sanchez
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #109: Dec 19, 2009 05:31:06 am
      Looking forward to UFC 108 now. Should be a real showdown between Thiago Silva and Rashad Evans. Personally, i'd like to see Evans get the win, but it's a tough one to call.

I'm also looking forward to Paul Daley's fight. He showed real potential against Martin Kampmann and i'm hoping he goes far in the division.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #110: Jan 05, 2010 12:51:10 am
      Rashad even though he won was very poor, he did enough to win without causing any damage to Silva while Silva have Evans on the ropes and decided to showboat and not finish him off. I mean he must of knew he was losing the fight at this point. Daley got those rocks for fist, really showed it for McLovin, I think now it will line Paul up with a fight with some serious contenders though I don't think much of Daley ground game. Sam Snout a fellow Canuck had the best fight of his career, look forward to watch him in the future.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #111: Jan 05, 2010 03:32:29 am
      Yeah all in all it was a good event, though i don't think the mainevent was the best fight on the card. As you said, Rashad Evans won without hurting Thiago Silva.

Paul Daley stated after the fight that he wants to fight Thiago Alves and possible Josh Koscheck after that to test out his ground game. One of the most entertaining fighters in MMA.

Sam Stout. Woah. He looked like a beast against Lauzon, and it wasn't even because Joe Jauzon fought poorly, it was due to the exceptional display put on by Stout.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #112: Jan 05, 2010 04:30:44 am
      Daley got wore out by Jake Shields, who is one of the best wrestlers in the WW division, and I think Koscheck would do the same. Theres no one in the division that can  stand and exchange with Daley. He's way too technical.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #113: Feb 02, 2010 11:18:15 am
      I'm not really jumping for joy about the UFC 109 card. The UFC 110 card isn't that good either, but i'm still looking forward to going.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #114: Feb 06, 2010 05:03:37 pm
      UFC 109 tonight.  Not really excited about any of the fights, but let's hope they put on a good show.

Any of you seen Strikeforce last weekend?
      Loved the Manhoef - Lawler fight:

Melvin Manhoef vs Robbie Lawler (StrikeForce Miami)

Quick Reply