Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UFC

Read 148644 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: UFC
      Reply #667: Nov 05, 2017 02:08:16 pm
      TJ did fine too ;)

Fantastic card top to bottom. OSP headkick was NASTY if you've not seen that from the prelims you should check it out

Incredible event from beginning to end.

Delighted for all the winners of the title fights well deserved champions.

All the loud mouths got shut up for a change.

Has me pumped for Bellator I'm going to in a couple weeks.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #668: Nov 05, 2017 03:15:10 pm
      TJ did fine too ;)

Fantastic card top to bottom. OSP headkick was NASTY if you've not seen that from the prelims you should check it out

Yep, seen it. And that dude with the spinning elbow KO was even more brutal.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #669: Nov 22, 2017 03:38:59 pm
      Been watching some of the early UFC shows lately. Proper barbaric but really entertaining at the same time with some proper mad characters in there.

This sport hasnā€™t half came a long way. Looking back now, you can understand why ā€œcage fightingā€ was so strongly opposed.

First match, with one fighter outweighed by about five stone, ended with the big fella being volleyed in the face while practically lying on his back against the cage. Brutal but worth a watch for UFC fans who never seen the early days.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #670: Nov 22, 2017 06:41:39 pm
      Been watching some of the early UFC shows lately. Proper barbaric but really entertaining at the same time with some proper mad characters in there.

This sport hasnā€™t half came a long way. Looking back now, you can understand why ā€œcage fightingā€ was so strongly opposed.

First match, with one fighter outweighed by about five stone, ended with the big fella being volleyed in the face while practically lying on his back against the cage. Brutal but worth a watch for UFC fans who never seen the early days.

So brutal. His tooth came out and all.

Great documentary out there about the history. They made it for their 20th anniversary.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #671: Nov 24, 2017 12:32:44 am
      So brutal. His tooth came out and all.

Great documentary out there about the history. They made it for their 20th anniversary.

Pretty sure the fella doing the kicking, Gerard Gordeaux or something, had a swastika on his arm and did a nazi salute. The fella who carried the big massive cross out on his back like Jesus was nuts too.

Havenā€™t seen the documentary though, Iā€™ll have to find it and watch it.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #672: Jan 21, 2018 10:36:27 am
      Good to see Stipe shut Ngannou up!

Proper champion!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #673: Apr 07, 2018 12:18:55 am
      Mcgregor acting the typical scumbag.

Hope he's banned for life.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #674: Apr 07, 2018 10:18:31 am
      Mcgregor acting the typical scumbag.

Hope he's banned for life.

I like him ;D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #675: Apr 07, 2018 10:49:17 am
      This has been the craziest fight week of all time!

All it needs now is for Raging Al to beat Khabib
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #676: Aug 28, 2018 04:50:06 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #677: Sep 21, 2018 12:09:06 am
      McGregor v Nurmagomedov.

I love Conor. I think hes the best striker in MMA but I dont think he can counter Khabibs ground game. Khabib is an animal on the ground. His jiu jitsu is technically flawless and he uses bits of Sambo and Pancrase which is so effective.  If Conor can keep it standing he has a shot. If it goes to the mat, Khabib will take him. Hes just a better all around MMA fighter.  They have a video of Khabib when he was 6 or 7. He was wrestling a bear, twice his size and winning. He put a bear into a near submission. Its crazy.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #678: Sep 21, 2018 07:22:22 am
      McGregor v Nurmagomedov.

I love Conor. I think hes the best striker in MMA but I dont think he can counter Khabibs ground game. Khabib is an animal on the ground. His jiu jitsu is technically flawless and he uses bits of Sambo and Pancrase which is so effective.  If Conor can keep it standing he has a shot. If it goes to the mat, Khabib will take him. Hes just a better all around MMA fighter.  They have a video of Khabib when he was 6 or 7. He was wrestling a bear, twice his size and winning. He put a bear into a near submission. Its crazy.

Khabib cannot fight his normal style against Conor, he will be KOd inside 1 round if he tries. Patience and timing is his key, if he rushes him like he did Barboza or Iaquinta heā€™s fu**ed
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #679: Oct 07, 2018 06:56:30 am
      Khabib is an absolute monster, shame we may n ot see him fight again :(
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #680: Oct 07, 2018 07:14:52 am
      Like I said! Khabib was dominant. He controlled the entire match. Not only did he destroy Conor on the ground, but he took a lot of Conors punches and knocked him down with a beautiful left. Conor was completely outclassed. He had some good grouns defense but Khabib just countered and changed his attack. Im the 3rd he tried to get the Kimora and Conor defended it but then Khabib just swung over drove Conor down got his back then choked him out.  It was a master class of grappling and ground fighting. Conor looked gassed after rd 2 and when he saw that Khabib took Conors punches and then got floored by a left himself, he lost all that cockiness and Khabib wrecked him. Look at Conor after he tapped. He looked like someone who had no idea what happened.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #681: Oct 07, 2018 10:52:21 am
      Khabib cannot fight his normal style against Conor, he will be KOd inside 1 round if he tries. Patience and timing is his key, if he rushes him like he did Barboza or Iaquinta heā€™s fu**ed

Haha there goes that!

Made up for Khabib thought Mcgregor was a little lippy c**t and got his just desserts.

Proper bottle job from him feel for the fuckers who flew over he's all about the payday anyway.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #682: Oct 07, 2018 11:07:49 am
      Haha there goes that!

Made up for Khabib thought Mcgregor was a little lippy c**t and got his just desserts.

Proper bottle job from him feel for the fuckers who flew over he's all about the payday anyway.

He didn't fight that way though, in fact he fought the exact opposite.

He showed patience and allowed McGregor to come to him before the shot, was a really good game plan and a good fight.

That sh*t afterwards though was crazy!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #683: Oct 07, 2018 11:30:17 am
      Connor had his arse on a plate.. Tap out king...😂

Khabib really best him on the ground..

As for afters... Iā€™m reading everyone jumping on Khabib & he was wrong.. selective memories some have..
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #684: Oct 07, 2018 03:48:32 pm
      Wasnā€™t exactly ā€˜rightā€™ what kicked off after, but without even following the sport I know McGregor is a right mouthy pr**k, canā€™t carry on like he does and not expect a bit of bite back eventually!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #685: Oct 11, 2018 04:17:18 am
      Talks a good game but heā€™s all mouth, defeats are becoming a regular thing for him now.
      Shame Mayweather took it so easy on him, could have completely humiliated him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #686: Oct 11, 2018 06:09:06 am
      Yeah, i enjoyed the show for a while but McGregor seems like he just might be at the start of becoming old news now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #687: Oct 11, 2018 06:27:46 am
      Talks a good game but heā€™s all mouth, defeats are becoming a regular thing for him now.
      Shame Mayweather took it so easy on him, could have completely humiliated him.

Lost the last 3 out of 5.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #688: Oct 11, 2018 08:36:24 am
      Shame everyone is again talking about how ā€˜badā€™ McGregor is. Think about the beatings he has put on people like Aldo, Mendez, Diaz and Alverez... which makes you think, how F***ing good is Khabib! The man is a monster!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #689: Oct 11, 2018 08:57:32 am
      McGregor is still the king in my eyes. Possibly concentrated too much on that fight in defending take downs. I think he would be more aggressive when they are standing if they fight again.

And Khabib would have looked a lot better if he hadn't jumped the cage. I like him too but as as an Irish man I hope McGregor gets another shot.

Quick Reply