Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UFC

Read 148660 times
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: UFC
      Reply #23: Jul 23, 2009 11:25:29 am
      To be fair to the ref, if you watch the video he starts moving to stop Henderson from inflicting more damage when Bisping has just hit the floor.

He realised he was out cold but just couldn't get there in time to push Henderson off before he landed the forearm.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #24: Aug 01, 2009 11:07:22 pm
      I cannot wait for UFC 101! Forest Griffin vs Anderdson Silva! ;D I love Forest, no one is giving him a prayer but no one gave him much hope against Shogun, and he won that.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #25: Aug 03, 2009 02:20:38 pm
      I second that.

Forrest is very underrated but he's as hard as granite and never gives up.

Should be a good one.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #26: Aug 03, 2009 06:14:49 pm
      My first introduction to UFC was the first series of the Ultimate Fighter. Forrest was great in that. He wanted to fight every week, when the others wanted to play safe and go as long as they could without a fight. That final between Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar was voted the greatest fight in UFC history and I agree. What a war!
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #27: Aug 03, 2009 06:59:15 pm
      I'll certainly be staying up for UFC101, Exited to see what Silva can do stepping up a weight I think Forest will put up a huge fight but I can't look past Silva continuing his dominance.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Aug 04, 2009 03:43:18 am
      Forest vs Silva.... Would have loved to see Shogun fight Silva more tbh. But I really like Forest as a light heavyweight more so than a middleweight
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #29: Aug 07, 2009 07:27:33 pm
      Love Marcus Davis. Got to meet him through work and I was all star-struck. Complete gentleman he was.  ;D

Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #30: Aug 10, 2009 01:08:19 pm
      So did you guys see UFC 101? Not a great one in my opinion, though Silva against Griffin was quite entertaining.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #31: Aug 10, 2009 02:32:47 pm
      Yeah I stayed up to watch it, wasn't as good as UFC 100, the undercard fights wern't the best, and BJ never looked like he was going to lose against Florian. Silva v Griffin was the most entertaining you're right there! Silva looked untouchable but I was surprised Forest of all people gave up that easily.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 10, 2009 02:52:08 pm
      Yeah, Forest was so ashamed he immediately made a run for it :laugh:
      I would love to see Silva go up against Machida for the title.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #33: Aug 10, 2009 03:08:39 pm
      Haha yer, what was all that about! He must have been embarrassed to run out like that. Machida v Silva would be amazing! Two of the best fighters in the UFC(Along with GSP)I don't know how it would turn out though, Both of them are too difficult to hit!
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #34: Aug 10, 2009 03:26:43 pm
      Would be a really tactical fight I think, they both often wait to counter. Won't happen anytime soon though. Machida is going up against Shogun for UFC 104 in October. Anderson Silva is going up against Dan Henderson in middleweight at a yet unknown date apparently, probably sometime at the end of this year. UFC 105 is going to be held in England, Manchester. Also, the next Ultimate Fighter series starts in september, heavyweight edition. With Rampage and Rashad Evans being the coaches, and they'll go up against eachother at the finale in december. Apparently Kimbo Slice is one of the competitors.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #35: Aug 10, 2009 03:39:48 pm
      Yeah that's what I think, they're both very elusive and want the opponent to make the first move. If Bisping beat Hendo he would've been the one fighting Silva in Manchester! That would've been great, Silva will beat him yet again I think, then I'd like to see Machida take him on.

Aparantley Dana White made that heavyweight edition especialy for Kimbo to prove himself! Heavyweight UF is gonna be great!
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #36: Aug 10, 2009 03:58:28 pm
      I can't really see Kimbo getting anywhere though, he's a good boxer, but that's about it really. He also seems to be one of the smaller ones.

Should be a good fun watch though.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #37: Aug 10, 2009 04:06:41 pm
      Kimbo Slice is awful, truly awful. Got knocked out cold in sparring and also lost in something like 30 seconds by knockout in his last Elite XC outing.

He's just nowhere near UFC standard.

I read that Dana White is going to try and tempt Fedor Emelianenko into a fight with Brock Lesnar, now that will be a fight to remember.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #38: Aug 10, 2009 04:14:21 pm
      I think Fedor would destroy anyone in the ring, Lesnar won't wake up for a month of Sundays.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #39: Aug 10, 2009 04:19:14 pm
      The heavyweights division certainly needs an influx of new fighters. Right now I really don't see another contender for the title inhouse. That's why I think the light heavyweight division is alot more interesting at the moment, some strong contenders there.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #40: Aug 10, 2009 04:35:42 pm
      Brocks fighting the winner of Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez, Ther's talk of him fighting Bobby Lashley too.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 10, 2009 04:48:08 pm
      Bobby Lashley would have to fight some other UFC fighters first though? He hasn't really done anything yet worthy of a title shot I'd say.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #42: Aug 10, 2009 05:07:09 pm
      Yer that's true, But he was quoted in the news saying he wants to fight him.His record is like 4-0 in the MFA, I think that's where he's fighting. I'd like to see that fight in the future! Brock is taking the heavyweight division by storm at the moment though.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #43: Aug 10, 2009 05:21:10 pm
      Bobby Lashley is 4-0 but he's reportedly signing a contract with TNA Wrestling so i doubt he'll be carrying his MMA career on.

Brock Lesnar will utterly smash Fedor Emelianenko to pieces. Then eat him.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 10, 2009 07:19:18 pm
      Lashley already signed with TNA in july, but he seems to be continueing his MMA career either way, he's fighting Ron Waterman in october.

I think Fedor can beat Brock, but Fedor signed with Strikeforce now? He really needs to just join UFC.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #45: Aug 10, 2009 07:33:52 pm
      Brock has just got too much for anybody right now and i think that includes Fedor.

If he grounds Fedor and just unloads then it's goodnight.

Quick Reply