Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fulham v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 20048 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Fulham v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #23: Apr 01, 2009 10:06:37 pm
      Gerrard assist, Kuyt with two goals, Alonso and Riera with 1, our players should be fairly confident going into this :). Mascherano if playing will be coming back from a good beating so maybe it isn't too bad that Lucas is probably more likely to start. Doubt it would affect him in any case.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #24: Apr 01, 2009 10:32:37 pm
      A must win by more than two goals
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Apr 01, 2009 10:34:13 pm
      Yes back to business. Looks like our boysa re all unscathed from tonight and better yet that most are in a run of form. Not going to  bladder on about starting 11's or winning 5 nil. Just want whichever 11 take the field to play in the same manner we have the last few games if possible. I would however take a scrappy 1 nil win and get back top

COME ON
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2009 10:34:47 pm
      Any means neccessary win basically. We'll do it.
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2009 10:39:25 pm
      Its not the time for complacency now. We need to be ruthless and score as many goals as we can as goal difference could be a major factor come May. Hopefully a clean 3-0 to us.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2009 10:44:01 pm
      I think this could potentially be tricky but if we come out playing like we have in the last 3 games and score early on it would make everything a whole lot easier.
      I'm going for a 2-0. Kuyt and Torres ( but you can't rule gerrard out lately :-\ )
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2009 10:53:36 pm
      Think this will be a tough one. Need a early goal to bring them out of there shell. We done well in our last 3 games but that was agaisnt teams who wanted to win agaisnt us, if fulham want to settle for a draw it will be tough still predict a win going 1-0. Come you mighty reds.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2009 10:59:37 pm
      You know I think it helps during the internationals that our five Spainish guys are together and playing in the same team. I'd expect all five of them to start against Fulham and hopefully it'll be like they'd never been away. Carra has had a good rest, Kuyt has been in great goalscoring form for Holland and Gerrard hasn't had it too hard for England. I'd only really worry about Masch playing in the altitude of Bolivia and getting beat 6-1  :-\

Anyways I think it'll be tougher than our last 3 games so I'd take a hard-fought 1-0 win ;)
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2009 11:17:39 pm
      Bolivia beat Argentina 6-1 ?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2009 11:45:08 pm
      Can't bloody wait for this but...

I bet every single member on this forum a quid that we don't win on Sunday.

(See my posts in the Man Utd pre match thread and Villa match thread as to why I have said the above before you start giving me negatives!)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2009 11:46:13 pm
      Can't bloody wait for this but...

I bet every single member on this forum a quid that we don't win on Sunday.

(See my posts in the Man Utd pre match thread and Villa match thread as to why I have said the above before you start giving me negatives!)

Good stuff mate. I knew straight away why you were saying that.  ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Apr 01, 2009 11:49:38 pm
      Good stuff mate. I knew straight away why you were saying that.  ;)

;)

I think I said it in the premier league results thread before the Fulham v Man Utd game as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Apr 02, 2009 02:11:56 am
      I think it'll be tough but if we can give them a bollocking at the Cottage then what a message that'll send to Scum, in the end thats what our season is going to revolve around, the impact of our results on their morale.

I dont care if we win by 5 or 1, as long as we get 3 points. They'll be compact and spring on the counter when able to hence Masch's importance in this game.

Hopefully we run rings around them again.

2-1 win to us.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36: Apr 02, 2009 05:19:45 am
      The key is to score early and be ruthless with our chances. Hope that the likes of Riera and Kuyt can bring their scoring boots over from international play because secondary scoring will be important during this long run in til the end of the season.

I predict a 2-0 win.....Gerrard pk and Torres
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 02, 2009 08:04:49 am
      i feel we will carry on from where we left off.. wont be surprised if we score another 4 goals..
      Stevie Was gr8, Nando looked sharp..no sayin anythin bout Kuyt , Alonso and Reira..Babel also looks in touch(he should have scored twice though.. for oranje)...

But i believe Masch wont play.. Lucas is fresh.. and argentina had a nightmare..Also Agger will partner carra at the back.. Its gonna be more attackin from the last man...We are gonna play very high on the pich.. keep a solid tempo..
      Fulham havin defeated united will play more open and try to win this.. it'll be our advantage..
      To be on the safer side.. 0-3 to us..
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 02, 2009 08:14:46 am
      I think its going to be harder than we all think.Our whole squad except for Carra,Lucas and a few others have had a rest.The others have all played a game or even 2 in the last week and they still have to travel back to Liverpool.Fulham have maybe 1 or 2 players that went on international duties so the rest have been training and strategically planning for this game.We have to start fresh and the boys are most likely tired,im going for a scrappy 1-0 win to us.Who agrees with me?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #39: Apr 02, 2009 08:33:37 am
      I think even though Fulham beat Manure they will still play sh*t football by staying deep and playing for a draw. I hope we can score early to bring them out of their shells and that way we have the upper hand and can net another couple.
      If we score early I think 3-0 or 3-1 to us, if not I could see a 0-0 which would be a major setback.
      After doing brilliantly the last couple of weeks against good teams we could very easily drop points against sh*te like Fulham.
      Come on you Reds!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #40: Apr 02, 2009 09:32:01 am
      I don't know why I have this weird feeling in my stomach that we might .......might  just screw this one up ... buy in my heart i have full belief in our redmen. It's just that we after performing so well I don't want the players to be over confident about the game ...  and fulham are playing well recently and they have a good organized defense and all so I just hope that Stevie and Nando can unlock lock it ...I'm going for a 2-1 for the reds .... Danny Murphy will score a first half goal then we'll come back ! but I know we can do it and edge close to out hopes of no.19 ! YNWA !
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #41: Apr 02, 2009 11:50:15 am
      We should win this one.They were lucky against ManUre and we`re in top form.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #42: Apr 02, 2009 12:03:18 pm
      If we play like how we did against Villa, we can beat anyone.

I understand that Rafa wasn't happy with one or two things.
      I can imagine that those issues are fixed resulting in an elevated standard of play, we are capable of going out there and destroying Fulham completely.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #43: Apr 02, 2009 12:06:34 pm
      We should win this one.They were lucky against ManUre and we`re in top form.

lucky my arse! fulham played well and deserved the points.
      what you will see with us is that we will go for the kill in the first half,rafa is not taking any chances.this game should be won in the first half.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #44: Apr 02, 2009 01:09:03 pm
      I agree with Ross and Brian on this one, with the internationals out of the way and our participating players on fire (we'll let martyn Skrtil off with is small error so long as he doesn't repeat it on Saturday !) Fulham shouldn't cause us any problems !
      it's not the trust in our players thats going to be a problem it's the belief in Scum's opposition to do a "Fulham" that's going to decide the destination of the title !
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #45: Apr 02, 2009 01:24:49 pm
      just wonder what all these internationals have done to players mentality. fulham are tough nut to crach never had any players playing in the international so they are well rested. players have to step up to the plate and show creativity. reina get some of those long balls going please come on reds

Quick Reply