Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Haye v Klitschko

Read 26243 times
      5starred
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 52 posts |
      Haye v Klitschko
      Apr 02, 2009 11:55:42 am
      David Haye has finally secured a shot at the world heavyweight title after signing a contract to fight Ukrainian champion Wladimir Klitschko.

Both camps have been in negotiations for around four months and a deal has at last been agreed for the former undisputed cruiserweight champion to take on IBF and WBO champion Klitschko.

It is understood that contracts for the bout were signed late on Wednesday night for the fight to take place on June 20 with the venue "90 per cent" certain to be in Germany, according to Haye himself.

Klitschko (52-3, 46 KOs), widely regarded as the world's number one heavyweight, has won his last 10 fights and made six title defences, including unifying two of the major belts.

A spokesman for Haye told PA Sport. "Apparently the Klitschkos have got four deals in place with different locations and are basically now working out which one makes the most financial sense.

Compromise
      "Everything else is agreed, it will be June 20 100 per cent."

Londoner Haye began complex negotiations for a fight with Klitschko or his elder brother Vitali, the WBC champion, at the end of 2008.

Wladimir had been the initial target before brother Vitali stepped into the fray and a deal in principle was agreed for him to take on Haye in London this summer.

That deal fell though, however, and attention returned to a match between Haye and 33-year-old Wladimir.

And, after months of negotiations, a compromise has been reached to keep alive Haye's burning ambition to emulate fellow former cruiserweight king Evander Holyfield by moving up to become undisputed heavyweight champion.

Haye said: "Klitschko's last opponents were cowards and I will knock him out and take his belts back to my hometown London."
      cant wait for this havnt really got a favorite as i like both boxers so just hoping its a good fight
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Haye v Klitschko
      Reply #1: May 02, 2009 10:41:02 pm
      I truly hope Klitschko shuts this Haye fella up, f**kin mouth piece
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: May 02, 2009 11:23:08 pm
      I truly hope Klitschko shuts this Haye fella up, f**kin mouth piece

Same here, those t-shirts were disgraceful too
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3: Jun 19, 2011 07:30:15 pm
      Turns out its the missus dad's birthday on the 2nd and we have to go over...

They have Virgin Media - hope it on that... Personally I think Haye will win, but he is a gobs***e...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: Jun 19, 2011 07:37:55 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDZhnxAwS0&feature=player_embedded

"Why do you hate Wladimir Klitschko?"

"Cos he's clearly a dickhead"

:lmao:

Turns out its the missus dad's birthday on the 2nd and we have to go over...

They have Virgin Media - hope it on that...

I have it too, don't worry they have Sky PPV's on Channel 0 ;)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #5: Jun 19, 2011 07:56:35 pm
      Haye has no class... but he at least is generating some more interest in boxing
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #6: Jun 19, 2011 08:06:42 pm
      "Why do you hate Wladimir Klitschko?"

"Cos he's clearly a dickhead"

:lmao:

I have it too, don't worry they have Sky PPV's on Channel 0 ;)

Thats the best news I have heard all night..! I'll be gtting that then, sit in the other room with a few tinnies.

I know Haye is making the sport interesting, but he wants out by the end of the year - I would like to see more talent from the UK come through. Kinda miss the days when we had some greats - Eubank, Benn, Hammed & Lewis all rocking it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Jun 19, 2011 10:59:22 pm
      Thats the best news I have heard all night..! I'll be gtting that then, sit in the other room with a few tinnies.

I know Haye is making the sport interesting, but he wants out by the end of the year - I would like to see more talent from the UK come through. Kinda miss the days when we had some greats - Eubank, Benn, Hammed & Lewis all rocking it.

Don't worry won't be long before big David Price is banging down the door towards the World Heavyweight title!!

It'll be F***ing great to see a Scouse Red champion.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #8: Jun 21, 2011 12:59:43 am
      Uuunnnhh.....Not really Interested in this fight.  First, Boxing is a dying sport, especially the Heavyweight division(s). Its corrupt, their hasnt been a superfight in 20 years. Boxing killed boxing. Way too many bullshit organizations, councils and federations, all with their own paper champ and all with their hand in the pie all handing out no meaningless belts in watered down weight classes. The only division worth anything is the Middleweights and thats only because of Manny Pacquaio. Once he retires, Boxing will go belly up.

Boxing is already dead and it died a slow death since MMA and UFC. Men like Don King and Bob Arum and every other crooked promoter cheated themselves out of a job and ruined the sport.  Boxing deserves too die and I say good riddance.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #9: Jun 24, 2011 01:34:10 pm
      Uuunnnhh.....Not really Interested in this fight.  First, Boxing is a dying sport, especially the Heavyweight division(s). Its corrupt, their hasnt been a superfight in 20 years. Boxing killed boxing. Way too many bullshit organizations, councils and federations, all with their own paper champ and all with their hand in the pie all handing out no meaningless belts in watered down weight classes. The only division worth anything is the Middleweights and thats only because of Manny Pacquaio. Once he retires, Boxing will go belly up.

Boxing is already dead and it died a slow death since MMA and UFC. Men like Don King and Bob Arum and every other crooked promoter cheated themselves out of a job and ruined the sport.  Boxing deserves too die and I say good riddance.

Erm, Manny is a welterweight who fought once at LIGHT middle.

Klitschko is like the old style german amateur fighters who could jab but weren't very mobile.
      He is a decent fighter, but not the quickest or most mobile.

Haye has fought plenty who were a lot bigger than him, but his speed, power and movement meant he could get inside their jab and hit UP, which is always more effective than hitting down which wastes a lot of power.

Might watch this one - could be a good fight.

If Klitschko can get his jab working (like nelson) and land a good shot he stands a good chance of stopping Haye.

However, if Haye gets inside his jab, he can take the big man down, especially with good lateral movement which can pretty much nullify the jab.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2011 11:26:36 am
      Personally I cant wait for the fight and really hope Haye wins.

Both Klitchko's have been defrauding the heavyweight division for years fighting nobodies with a boring defensive style of backing off and jabbing while on the ropes.

No thanks - we need life in this division and if David Haye, loudmouth for real or promoting interest in the fight - wins it will finally liven up a very poor division.

EDIT - Just seen that clip HR posted and Kiltchko was a rattled man in that chat. All part of the gameplan to wind him up and its working.

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011 11:41:34 am by SM »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2011 02:40:52 pm
      Hope Wladamir knocks the smug c**t out.

Whats more, I think he will as well.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Jun 28, 2011 03:10:32 pm
      Looking forward to this big time, have it booked for me and the lads, should be a good night.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #13: Jul 01, 2011 05:19:05 pm
      most of the 'experts' think Klitschko will win this... haye's only chance being an earlyish knockout Rounds 4-6..

looking forward to it.. hope its a good tear up whoever wins
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #14: Jul 01, 2011 10:02:40 pm
      Hayes getting right on my tits, respect lad learn it.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #15: Jul 02, 2011 12:40:29 am
      Around 20-1 for Haye to win in the first 5 rounds.

Haye is a quick starter, Klitschko is a slow starter.

Watch him against cory sanders
      And he ain't a big hitter
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #16: Jul 02, 2011 02:54:57 am
      most of the 'experts' think Klitschko will win this... haye's only chance being an earlyish knockout Rounds 4-6..

Weren't the experts saying this about Haye back when he fought the Russian giant as well.

I honestly think Haye has an excellent chance.

Hayes getting right on my tits, respect lad learn it.

The only respect he'll show is at the end of the fight. I think it's part of Haye tactics trying to get in the head of Klitschko.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #17: Jul 02, 2011 03:01:24 am
      Haye in 4, or Klischko in 7

I don't think it'll go to points unless boh of them bottle it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Jul 02, 2011 03:03:59 am
      I don't think it'll go to points unless boh of them bottle it.

That is the one I fear could happen, Klitschko will look to hold onto Haye, while he'll be trying to dance round Wladi.

Hope it isn't.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Jul 02, 2011 09:27:57 am
      The only respect he'll show is at the end of the fight. I think it's part of Haye tactics trying to get in the head of Klitschko.

I don't think he'll show any if he wins, he'll be fighting his brother next so he'll be keeping up the act. Cocky f**ker but he's English so I'll have to stick with him, I won't be shedding any tears if he get sparked out like.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Jul 02, 2011 12:07:01 pm
      Just wanna see haye get chinned and land on the floor & hopefully then we will see a real fight.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #21: Jul 02, 2011 12:26:24 pm
      Couldn't give a F**k who wins, just hoping for a very good fight.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #22: Jul 02, 2011 12:38:13 pm
      Weren't the experts saying this about Haye back when he fought the Russian giant as well.

I honestly think Haye has an excellent chance.

the thought being klitschko is a far better boxer than valuev... valuev boxes in straight lines and cant really move as he is so big, klitschko is a big man but thorws more combinations than valuev..

i think he has a good chance too, he just needs to get in early and avoid him leaning all over him and making it difficult for haye to move..

just hoping its a good fight

Quick Reply