Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Haye v Klitschko

Read 26319 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Haye v Klitschko
      Reply #69: Jul 02, 2011 11:45:18 pm
      Aye i know he's bigger but in Haye's eye's he was a lesser opponent. Doubt he'd want his to be beat by the so called lesser one as well would he?
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #70: Jul 02, 2011 11:47:01 pm
      I don't think they could sell a rematch as well as this one, even a fight against vitali.. Haye didn't get close broken toe or not.. I wouldn't be as excited by mark 2
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Jul 02, 2011 11:55:35 pm
      He'll probably fight Danny Williams next  :roll:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #72: Jul 02, 2011 11:56:10 pm
      For all the hype a heavyweight fight it was poor showing.  The guy that said Bamby on ice spot on.  Haye only contributed with his mouth before the fight nothing in the ring, should retire everything from now is downwards!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #73: Jul 03, 2011 12:04:24 am
      How much was the fight tonight by the way?

Sky had some technical difficulties but they did release some good advice.

Oh dear, oh dear.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #74: Jul 03, 2011 12:07:35 am
       14.95 yesterday
      19.95 today

Sky have messed up there
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #75: Jul 03, 2011 12:09:06 am
      14.95 yesterday
      19.95 today

Sky have messed up there

I would have thought it would make more sense to reduce the price on the day of the fight and get the people who were not to sure about the fight to buy it.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2011 12:32:25 am by srslfc »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #76: Jul 03, 2011 12:09:41 am
      14.95 yesterday
      19.95 today

Sky have messed up there

Been advertised all week though, although I thought I heard the £19.95 only counted if you phoned up for the fight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #77: Jul 03, 2011 12:12:42 am
      Haye didn't do enough for me and Klitschko was his usual methodical self staying behind his jab and seeing the fight out.

Disappointed Haye didn't go for it a bit more as it's the way I thought he would win the fight with his speed and power but his punches didn't seem to bother Wladimir that much.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #78: Jul 03, 2011 12:23:30 am
      Can't believe he came out after the fight with that about his toe.

Felt embarrassed for him, what a joke.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #79: Jul 03, 2011 12:29:05 am
      I would have thought it would make more sense to reduce the price on he day of the fight and get the people who were not to sure about buying it.

your right yeah... But I think they were counting on the fans who got dragged in at the last minute that didn't care or who had maybe been in the pub.. You should get a job at sky marketing.. I couldn't understand their process all week
      Been advertised all week though, although I thought I heard the £19.95 only counted if you phoned up for the fight.

it was a bit of a con.. Normally you can book through your remote but that didn't come active til the last couple of days meaning you had to phone up and pay the 19.95.. I waited til last night and it came on the box office via the remote
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #80: Jul 03, 2011 09:47:32 am
      Sky screwed up again and put it down to "technical problems".
      They claim there was an "issue" with late phone and online bookings amid "unprecidented demand" tothe fight.
      The glitch meant many fans were unable to order the £14.95 pay-per-view fight.
      Another example of the half arsed set up with a company that makes obscene profits daily and apparently do not see the need to use the revenue in improving the efficiency of their product for the benefit of the customer.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #81: Jul 03, 2011 10:26:37 am
      Just seen Haye in the press conference stood on a table showing his pinky, how F***ing embarrassing. Strikes me as a bully who cannot stand to lose face, grow up David you got battered.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #82: Jul 03, 2011 11:02:36 am
      Sky apologises for boxing glitch

Broadcaster Sky has apologised to customers after its pay-per-view coverage of a world title boxing fight was hit by technical problems.

It said there was an "issue" with late phone and online bookings amid "unprecedented demand" to watch British boxer David Haye take on Wladimir Klitschko.

The glitch meant many fans were unable to order the £14.95 pay-per-view fight.

Haye lost on points to Klitschko, and blamed the loss on a broken toe.

During the fight, Sky's Twitter feed urged those experiencing problems to "please find your nearest pub".

Viewers were still able to purchase by using their remote controls, as there were no issues with that method, Sky said.

A statement on the Sky website after the fight said: "We are sorry to have disappointed any viewers who were unable to order Haye vs Klitschko tonight. Sky had an issue during the evening with new telephone and online bookings for the fight.

"We had encouraged early booking over three weeks leading up to the fight, through a range of media including on-air promos and press advertising.

"However, we experienced unprecedented demand on the night and whilst early telephone and online purchases worked there were issues with late bookings through these routes on Saturday."

Sky is replaying the fight at no charge to customers at 0900 BST, 1300 BST and 1900 BST on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14005228
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #83: Jul 03, 2011 11:25:16 am
      Can't believe he came out after the fight with that about his toe.

Felt embarrassed for him, what a joke.

I always thought he seemed like quite an intelligent fella but this comment along with his comments before the fight just make him look like a complete tw*t.

I got no time for him anymore, his tactics were shocking last night too and totally got the result he deserved!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #84: Jul 03, 2011 11:42:55 am
      Never rated Haye he may have been the UK champion, Euro champion or whatever but as soon as they meet a world class boxer and that fella last night was far from that, they fold. He's a slugger as so many of our heavywieght 'hopefuls' are.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #85: Jul 03, 2011 11:45:35 am
      He spent more time falling to the deck and moaning like Paul Ince than attempting to land anything on Klitschko. All Klitschko needed to do was take a little step back, forcing Haye to lunge in like a pub brawler.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #86: Jul 03, 2011 11:53:43 am
      He spent more time falling to the deck and moaning like Paul Ince than attempting to land anything on Klitschko. All Klitschko needed to do was take a little step back, forcing Haye to lunge in like a pub brawler.
      Was gonna say the same thing mate he'd excel in the alehouse car park at throwing out time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #87: Jul 03, 2011 11:54:16 am
      And there is me thinking haye will go " toe to toe " with klitchko!  :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #88: Jul 03, 2011 12:04:11 pm
      And there is me thinking haye will go " toe to toe " with klitchko!  :f_tongueincheek:

Except Haye tripped over his own ego and broke it!
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #89: Jul 03, 2011 02:11:49 pm
      What an absolute let down of a fight,

also lost a lot of respect for haye after his "but my toe hurts" comments
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #90: Jul 03, 2011 02:16:02 pm
      Never rated Haye he may have been the UK champion, Euro champion or whatever but as soon as they meet a world class boxer and that fella last night was far from that, they fold. He's a slugger as so many of our heavywieght 'hopefuls' are.

Well he and his brother hold all the heavyweight belts you can own in boxing, so he and his brother must surely go down as world class boxers, even if the division is somewhat lacking in good challengers atm.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #91: Jul 03, 2011 02:43:10 pm
      The true definition of ironic, view from 4.07s:

Wladimir Klitschko Vs David Haye - Pre Fight Conference

Quick Reply