Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Haye v Klitschko

Read 26248 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Haye v Klitschko
      Reply #92: Jul 03, 2011 03:37:00 pm
      Congratulations to Vladimir Klitschko. Karma came to knock on the front door of David Haye and I won £50 off a mate in work as a bonus. I understand that there is a lot of hype and dissing in the sport, it's part of the game.

But Haye crossed that line with many of the comments he made during the build up and those pathetic t-shirts he made. Then there was the Sky interview where he refused to sit in the same room as Klitschko, he is a pathetic excuse for a man and Klitschko was right in saying that Haye has disgraced boxing. His tentative manner in the ring only contributes to the strong case that he lacks the fight to be considered a warrior in the ring.

The broken toe excuse made me sick at the end of the fight. He has no pride, even in defeat he acted like a pr**k. Many fighters have fought through the pain barrier over the years, the difference between them and Haye?, they never used them as an excuse.

Klitschko landed 99 punches and Haye landed 45. No contest really.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2011 05:53:34 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #93: Jul 03, 2011 05:45:15 pm
      But Haye crossed that line with many of the comments he made during the build up and those pathetic t-shirts he made. Then there was the Sky interview where he refused to sit in the same room as Klitschko, he is a pathetic excuse for a man and Klitschko was right in saying that Haye has disgraced boxing. His tentative manner in the ring only contributes to the strong case that he lacks the fight to be considered a warrior in the ring.

One thing I forgot until I read a few of the Sunday's, he's a Millwall fan, so we shouldn't expect any less really!!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #94: Jul 03, 2011 05:55:12 pm
      One thing I forgot until I read a few of the Sunday's, he's a Millwall fan, so we shouldn't expect any less really!!

Couldn't agree more.  :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #95: Jul 04, 2011 10:22:28 am
      Well he and his brother hold all the heavyweight belts you can own in boxing, so he and his brother must surely go down as world class boxers, even if the division is somewhat lacking in good challengers atm.
      The way it works now with the various titles covering the same weight scale means some titles are more credible than others and whatever you say about him and his brother the idea of either of them in the ring as world heavyweight challenger is laughable - as laughable and embarrassing as his latest performance.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #96: Jul 04, 2011 10:29:30 am
      A broken F***ing toe..... Doesn't affect your fists.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #97: Jul 04, 2011 04:47:31 pm
      You know what?  Im sick of all the praise for being brave Haye gets off our media.  The man is a dickhead.

Trash talk in boxing has been around since possibly the 50's and Ali took it to a new level obviously.  What he did with the shirts is so disrespectful.  He promotes himself so much that he loses all dignity and its just the Chavs that remain with the usual, xenophobic "In-Ger-Land" chants.

For me, its this simple.

David Haye should go down as one of THE WORST heavyweight champions ever.

Bold statement but what did he actually do? 

Made a big, boring lump of a boxer go 12 rounds, had him wobbling for 5 seconds of the 36 minutes fought.

Defended his belt against a man who was 37, Ruiz….  Which went 9 rounds.

Defended his belt against Audley Bloody Harrison which was a total joke.  Booed back to his corner after round one for hardly throwing a punch.  Purely done for the purse.  No other possible explanation. 

I know its hard for some people to not accept the facts here because he is British, and when he's not trash talking, he is a nice likable guy.  Should of stuck to being a world class Cruiserweight and not a piss poor heavyweight.

Wouldn’t of lasted 30 seconds against Iron Mike in his prime.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #98: Jul 05, 2011 03:20:09 pm
      He wouldn't have got off his stool with Tyson.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #99: Jul 05, 2011 04:06:34 pm
      Should of stuck to being a world class Cruiserweight and not a piss poor heavyweight.

This is a good point as Haye has looked nothing like the fighter at Heavyweight as he did at Cruiserweight.

When you look at the impact Evander Holyfield made when he stepped up. That is what Haye should have been doing.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #100: Jul 05, 2011 09:07:59 pm
      The fact he is asking for a rematch is laughable.. who would pay for that again?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #101: Jul 06, 2011 12:04:10 pm
      When George Forman retired he made millions from the George Forman Grill..............Now keep an eye out for the David Haye Toe-ster.

:)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #102: Jul 06, 2011 12:54:04 pm
      The fact he is asking for a rematch is laughable.. who would pay for that again?
      Rematch? rematch? he should be prosecuted under the trade description act cos there's no F***ing way anything matches with the debacle Haye gave us and anyone contemplating paying to see it again wants their head examining.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #103: Jul 06, 2011 07:08:28 pm
      You know what?  Im sick of all the praise for being brave Haye gets off our media.  The man is a dickhead.

Trash talk in boxing has been around since possibly the 50's and Ali took it to a new level obviously.  What he did with the shirts is so disrespectful.  He promotes himself so much that he loses all dignity and its just the Chavs that remain with the usual, xenophobic "In-Ger-Land" chants.

For me, its this simple.

David Haye should go down as one of THE WORST heavyweight champions ever.

Bold statement but what did he actually do? 

Made a big, boring lump of a boxer go 12 rounds, had him wobbling for 5 seconds of the 36 minutes fought.

Defended his belt against a man who was 37, Ruiz….  Which went 9 rounds.

Defended his belt against Audley Bloody Harrison which was a total joke.  Booed back to his corner after round one for hardly throwing a punch.  Purely done for the purse.  No other possible explanation. 

I know its hard for some people to not accept the facts here because he is British, and when he's not trash talking, he is a nice likable guy.  Should of stuck to being a world class Cruiserweight and not a piss poor heavyweight.

Wouldn’t of lasted 30 seconds against Iron Mike in his prime.
      bang on the money there mate........broken toe i F***ing pissed myself when he came out with that,why didnt he just have a pain killing injection like nadal did in the tennis.knobhead
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #104: Jul 07, 2011 01:33:11 am
      BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither fighter is all that good or talented. Being the champion and the top contender in an already poor, no talent division is all relative. Klitchko's have to be the worst Champions ever. I followed Boxing for ever and the Klitchkos are the best in a lousy, shitty division. Klitchkos would of been murdered by any of the past greats. Ali, Frazier,Liston, Norton, Foreman, Spinks, Tyson, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe would absolutely waste the entire Heavyweight divisions now. Even the guys like Frank Bruno, Michael Moorer, Trevor Berbick were better fighters than any of the current Heavyweights.

What happened to the Heavyweight divisions?  It used to be the Heavyweights were awesome, now its full of bloated journeymen with little to no skills, no flair and no talent.  I remember when a big Heavyweight title fight was a massive event.  You get your boys together, drink beer eat food and watch a great fight and it was exciting and awesome.  Now its just f***in' boring. Boxing is dying a slow, agonizing death with no upcoming talent and no big fights.  Once Pacquaio and Mayweather retire, their are no exciting fighters.  Thats why UFC is crushing Boxing in popularity and its just better. The fights are better, the fighters are better and their is no corruption.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #105: Jul 07, 2011 09:25:12 am
      BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither fighter is all that good or talented. Being the champion and the top contender in an already poor, no talent division is all relative. Klitchko's have to be the worst Champions ever. I followed Boxing for ever and the Klitchkos are the best in a lousy, shitty division. Klitchkos would of been murdered by any of the past greats. Ali, Frazier,Liston, Norton, Foreman, Spinks, Tyson, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe would absolutely waste the entire Heavyweight divisions now. Even the guys like Frank Bruno, Michael Moorer, Trevor Berbick were better fighters than any of the current Heavyweights.

What happened to the Heavyweight divisions?  It used to be the Heavyweights were awesome, now its full of bloated journeymen with little to no skills, no flair and no talent.  I remember when a big Heavyweight title fight was a massive event.  You get your boys together, drink beer eat food and watch a great fight and it was exciting and awesome.  Now its just f***in' boring. Boxing is dying a slow, agonizing death with no upcoming talent and no big fights.  Once Pacquaio and Mayweather retire, their are no exciting fighters.  Thats why UFC is crushing Boxing in popularity and its just better. The fights are better, the fighters are better and their is no corruption.

Agree with all of that - except I dont watch UFC - as soon as it goes to the ground I get bored with all the grabbing and holding.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #106: Jul 07, 2011 10:29:54 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #107: Jul 07, 2011 11:28:18 am
      Quality by klitschko, funny as F**k.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #108: Jul 20, 2011 04:33:24 am
      'Broken Toe" ????  Are you serious. What does a busted toe have to do with Boxing?   Haye sat around for weeks talking sh*t about hoe "Bad" and tough he was and he was the best H'weight and blah,blah,blah........Then he comes out witha broken toe excuse.  What a f***in pussy!

Ali fought Frazier for 8 rounds with a broken hand. I have seen fighters fight an entire fight with a broken nose and cheekbone, Hockey players have played an entire Stanley Cup final with a broken leg.

Ronnie Lott, an American Football player, easily the hardest, baddest player to ever play, tore a ligament in his pinkie finger and instead of sitting out and missing the game he had the doctor AMPUTATE HIS FINGER, so he could continue playing.

Haye, complains about a broken toe tells me he his soft and a complete pussy.  If your fighting for the Heavyweight belt, you suck it up and fight.  Broken Toe?  What a F***ing douche!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #109: Jul 20, 2011 05:59:47 pm
      I think Klitschko should have really rubbed it in a lot more.  I think the t shirts were too far obviously to sell the fight you have to trash talk, but he just went tooo far.

robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #110: Jul 20, 2011 10:52:01 pm
      I think Klitschko should have really rubbed it in a lot more.  I think the t shirts were too far obviously to sell the fight you have to trash talk, but he just went tooo far.

looks like his brother wants to have a go now too ... make him eat his words by losing to them both
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #111: Jul 21, 2011 01:37:12 pm
      I think we all deserve a pat on the back for lasting 12 rounds.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #112: Jul 21, 2011 02:49:04 pm
      looks like his brother wants to have a go now too ... make him eat his words by losing to them both

Like someone else said earlier in the thread that this would be the route for a re-match.  I mean vitali is 40 years old so if he  wins.  I just can't see people queuing up to watch this fight.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #113: Jul 21, 2011 07:47:45 pm
      I think Haye could have beaten him, started the better out of the 2 but after the first 2 rounds it looked like he was more bothered about winding him up than going at him, needed to be much more offensive.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #114: Jul 22, 2011 10:59:38 pm
      Like someone else said earlier in the thread that this would be the route for a re-match.  I mean vitali is 40 years old so if he  wins.  I just can't see people queuing up to watch this fight.

i certainly wouldnt be paying for it...

Quick Reply