Blackburn away (Boxing Day)

Read 5880 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Blackburn away (Boxing Day)
      Dec 25, 2006 09:13:19 pm
      Match day on Boxing Day.  . we will get some stream links posted in the forum nearer kick off time.

It's a massive game, a tricky ground, away - we need three points especially with everyone winning before Christmas.

My prediction........it's going to be a close game.  I think we will nick it by the odd goal.

2-1 to the reds.  Bellamy to score the winner against his old club.
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2006 01:51:03 pm by JD »
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Re: Blackburn away (Boxing Day)
      Reply #1: Dec 25, 2006 10:27:44 pm
      Reina to continue his clean sheet run, 0-2 to the Reds, Bellamy & Kuyt. 
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Dec 25, 2006 10:53:05 pm
      Gonna be a hard game, the 6 - 2 loss to Arsenal wasn't a true story of their performance at the weekend. It was 3 - 2 with 5 mins to go and Blackburn pressing for an equaliser.
      I'm going for a close 2 - 1 to Liverpool.
      Bellamy and Crouch.
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #3: Dec 26, 2006 02:42:43 am
      I think it will be a tough close game but i cant see them scoring against us.
      1-0 Gerrard
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Dec 26, 2006 08:53:56 am
      I'm going with Tommo, 2-1 the reds, Bellers, Gerrard.    ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Dec 26, 2006 09:33:09 am
      Internet Stream locations posted in the relevant thread...
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1288.0.html

We may get more before kick-off.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 26, 2006 01:28:42 pm
      well will win this one 6-2 is a tough result to comeback from altho liverpool could probably comback from it tho
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 26, 2006 01:55:23 pm
      Hi everyone, nearly 7am here.. getting ready to watch the Liverpool game and will watch the 2nd half of Chelsea against Reading. Yesterday was quite warm proberly about 20c need to go bit more east like NY to get snow.. anyway i know im a bit late but Merry Crimbo to everyone on this site
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #8: Dec 26, 2006 03:34:01 pm
      Thanks for the weather update ;)

Good first 30 mins, chances to be in front. Caught the end of the Reading game myself - thought Chelsea had snatched it again when Drogba but Reading came back.  Good on them.

Three points essential today.  Come on Reds.
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #9: Dec 26, 2006 03:49:27 pm
      We play like that then we will not get 3 points, Dirky on for Crouch at half time please because it looks like Crouch can't head the ball with direction on it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Dec 26, 2006 04:14:16 pm
      1-0 to Blackburn :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #11: Dec 26, 2006 04:58:49 pm
      Nil point.

Totally disappointed.  We deserved something out that game.  Woeful finishing yet again.

>:( >:( >:(
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #12: Dec 26, 2006 05:05:44 pm
      We were sh*t today, really really sh*t and deserved to lose!
      When we are loosing we do not do enough to get back into the game, we have not got the players to get back from 1-0 down to 1-2 up like Chelsea can.

Alonso was our best player but with Gerrard playing in a defensive role then I would of rather had him back on the right and that was the kind of game for Sissoko to play in. Seein that result I know we are not good enough to win the Premiership we need someone unplayable like C.Ronaldo or Drogba.

We were chasing the game really, when we were not on the ball our players our terrible apart from Sissoko who is injured but when we are on the ball we sometimes overhit a pass or play a sloppy pass. Our players could not get near them

Alonso was unlucky though

I have to say Crouch was more than dissapointing along with Gonzalez, Riise & Hyypia and Finnan is losing his form from last season
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2006 05:07:14 pm by NWA »
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #13: Dec 26, 2006 05:51:14 pm
      the sooner we start shopping at Harrods and not Tesco the better. Sick and tired of having squad full of strikers the couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, they must have one of the worst goal ratio's out there (of the top clubs) Kuyt for all his work how many goals has he scored since his arrival, Crouch never gonna be prolific but still has the bst strike rate I believe, Bellamy the only striker we have to come away with any pride over the last 5 games. Lets not forget Robbie Fowler who never plays.

The vast majority of our goals seems to come from midfield, and getting more than 2 goals in a game at times seems well beyond us !

The question is who will we sign when the Iron Sheik takes over, I just hope who ever they are, they are proven class and not potential or a gamble as to date the majority of our signings have been exactly that, a gamble . . . . .

Out of interest have any of our signings paid off this season ?

Roll on takeover, Roll on top notch signings, Good bye sh*t players !
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 26, 2006 06:30:19 pm
      Total agree "hound"

My player ratings for today

Reina - 6 - Not much to do but again nothing he could of done for the goal. He was confident after he made a clumsy spill of a shot which you have to give credit to.

Finnan - 6 - Good first half, only player who can put in a good cross at LFC at the moment but generally he was poor.

Carragher - 4 - Usually top notch but can't handle pace and this game was one of his worst this season, did not track Mcarthy for goal.

Hyypia - 6 - Also poor and did not help clear the ball which Blackburn scored from, lack of pace but was in control of the back three.

Agger - 6 - Not bad defensivley, did not use the ball like he usually does in the attacking half but he only gets better.

Riise - 3 - If there is a weak link in the Liverpool team then it is Riise. He has been useless to us for a while now.

Alonso - 8 - He was our best player by a country mile. Neat perfect passing and some wicked shots too. He looks a lot hotter to score goals again. He is starting to outshine his captain game after game.

Gerrard - 5 - He was played in a disciplined role. That should say it all for Steven Gerrard as we know what his favorite role is. Sissoko is the player who plays in that disciplined role and Sissoko does it a lot lot better than Gerrard does as he offers better closing down qualities and better energy. We want Gerrard in the centre for attacking so he effects the game in an attacking sense.. have to say another Benitez mistake

Gonzalez - 4 - We all saw his qualities in La Liga the past 2 seasons and he looked like a player who would make a big impact in the Prem. Well its the same old storie with these foreign players from Spain & South America.. they just can't adapt and make wrong decisions but Mark is only 22 and has a lot of time to adapt. He needs to play more and play for longer but I think it will take till next season untill we see the real Mark Gonzalez. Riise took his place on the wing and Gerrard took his place in the centre so he was lost.. can't blame him.

Bellamy - 7 - Great first half and played himself out of energy, he needed more support in the centre.

Crouch - 5 - Good build up play but again for a club like Liverpool he is not... clinical enough, fast enough & strong enough. He should of scored at least 2 goals.

--------------------------------------------------

Kuyt - 6 - Worked hard but not much time to impress and has lost his form, is he really a true finisher?

Garcia - 6 - When he starts he plays rubbish, when he gets subbed on he looks like on of our best players. Always gets himself half a chance from no where which I like.

Aurelio - 6 - Does Rafa spend anytime on the training ground? If he does then he would realise that Aurelio can make things happen with a clever turn or a sharp cross into the box. He put in dangerous balls into the box today and links up well. I rate him a 6 even though he did not spend much time on the pitch.. he out shone our other left sided players.
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2006 06:32:21 pm by NWA »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Dec 26, 2006 07:33:17 pm
      Nil point.

Totally disappointed.  We deserved something out that game.  Woeful finishing yet again.

>:( >:( >:(

agreed  :(  We cant seem to get it together, we deffo deserved something from that game and here we are, all disapppointed again.  I know we've had a couple of good results lately but thats the level a premiership team like Liverpool should be performing at, winning home AND AWAY.  More dropped points from a team that didnt look like they were playing for the sames team,  what was Stevie doing back there ???     I wish Bellamy would keep his trap shut, ok sometimes you have to sound off back to the ref but its everytime he thinks he's got a free kick, he stops, looks round and gives out the "poor me" routine, meanwhile the games continued without him  ::)  We had our chances and blew it, Blackburn fought and fought today and when they got their 'lucky' goal defended it like f*ck.  We deserved a win today and come away with nowt, whose to blame ?..... only themselves.
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 26, 2006 07:37:22 pm
      We should of won but there is no way we deserved it with missed chances and 2nd half we did not even create a chance
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Dec 26, 2006 08:43:13 pm
      Total agree "hound"

My player ratings for today

Reina - 6 - Not much to do but again nothing he could of done for the goal. He was confident after he made a clumsy spill of a shot which you have to give credit to.

Finnan - 6 - Good first half, only player who can put in a good cross at LFC at the moment but generally he was poor.

Carragher - 4 - Usually top notch but can't handle pace and this game was one of his worst this season, did not track Mcarthy for goal.

Hyypia - 6 - Also poor and did not help clear the ball which Blackburn scored from, lack of pace but was in control of the back three.

Agger - 6 - Not bad defensivley, did not use the ball like he usually does in the attacking half but he only gets better.

Riise - 3 - If there is a weak link in the Liverpool team then it is Riise. He has been useless to us for a while now.

Alonso - 8 - He was our best player by a country mile. Neat perfect passing and some wicked shots too. He looks a lot hotter to score goals again. He is starting to outshine his captain game after game.

Gerrard - 5 - He was played in a disciplined role. That should say it all for Steven Gerrard as we know what his favorite role is. Sissoko is the player who plays in that disciplined role and Sissoko does it a lot lot better than Gerrard does as he offers better closing down qualities and better energy. We want Gerrard in the centre for attacking so he effects the game in an attacking sense.. have to say another Benitez mistake

Gonzalez - 4 - We all saw his qualities in La Liga the past 2 seasons and he looked like a player who would make a big impact in the Prem. Well its the same old storie with these foreign players from Spain & South America.. they just can't adapt and make wrong decisions but Mark is only 22 and has a lot of time to adapt. He needs to play more and play for longer but I think it will take till next season untill we see the real Mark Gonzalez. Riise took his place on the wing and Gerrard took his place in the centre so he was lost.. can't blame him.

Bellamy - 7 - Great first half and played himself out of energy, he needed more support in the centre.

Crouch - 5 - Good build up play but again for a club like Liverpool he is not... clinical enough, fast enough & strong enough. He should of scored at least 2 goals.

--------------------------------------------------

Kuyt - 6 - Worked hard but not much time to impress and has lost his form, is he really a true finisher?

Garcia - 6 - When he starts he plays rubbish, when he gets subbed on he looks like on of our best players. Always gets himself half a chance from no where which I like.

Aurelio - 6 - Does Rafa spend anytime on the training ground? If he does then he would realise that Aurelio can make things happen with a clever turn or a sharp cross into the box. He put in dangerous balls into the box today and links up well. I rate him a 6 even though he did not spend much time on the pitch.. he out shone our other left sided players.

Oh come on, we got beat but we wasn't that bad. This isn't Football Manager you know!!
      We should of won but there is no way we deserved it with missed chances and 2nd half we did not even create a chance
      Mate, did you watch the second half at all?
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 26, 2006 09:01:36 pm
      Yes i did watch the 2nd half, tell me a clear cut chance we had?
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 26, 2006 09:41:29 pm
      Well we STILL need a 20 gaol a season striker. we ain't had this since Michael left  :(
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Dec 26, 2006 11:25:31 pm
      Yes I did watch the 2nd half, tell me a clear cut chance we had?
      Alonso hit the post, Alonso had a quality strike saved brilliantly, Garcia had a chance to equalize...
      I don't know what game you were watching. But it certainly wasn't ours.
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2006 11:56:56 pm by Court_LFC »
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 27, 2006 04:14:34 am
      blackburn played a real survival type game...they got their break then sat back and defended their asses off and also wasted alot of time....no wonder why arsenal put 6 passed them...they are a very sh*t side and with desent strikers any team could put 5 passed them all day.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #22: Dec 27, 2006 04:22:07 am
      Bring Robbie back into the team that's what I say! ;)

The strikers aren't clinical enough and Robbie would have been the ideal man to have in a game like Blackburn.  Definitely not worth getting up at 2 in the morning to watch but we should have taken something away from the match. Alonso best player by far,Gonzalez may as well not have got outta bed and as for crouchy well what can you say, my grandmother has more power in her headers. Kuyt worked hard with little to show, Bellamy was good but should learn to keep his mouth shut and get on with the game and 3 at the back didn't work.

Sissoko was missed badly as that kind of match would have suited him down to the ground and Stevie looked tired. But the only thing that cost us the match was poor finishing, good goalkeeping(friedal always plays a blinder against his old club) and one dodgy bit of defending. This is the difference between us and the top two at the minute!

Quick Reply