Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alan Shearer to become Newcastle Manager !!!

Read 4534 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Alan Shearer to become Newcastle Manager !!!
      Reply #23: Apr 02, 2009 05:12:53 am
      Thats spot on JD.

Had a lot of time for Newcastle during Shearer's playing days but they became a circus as soon as Ashley took over.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #24: Apr 02, 2009 05:26:58 am
      Had a lot of time for Newcastle during Shearer's playing days but they became a circus as soon as Ashley took over.

Newcastle has always been a gong show, I always get a kick out of them. For Shearer this is a win, win situation because if he keeps them up then he will be a hero and if they go down the supporters will simply blame Ashley.
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 02, 2009 08:08:12 am
      lets use it  'The return of the prodigal son'.. Love to use this one,

well i really wish shearer is successful in the job he has taken up.. for the man and his greatness.. and the club and its stature.. for the fans.. New Castle cannot be outside the league.. its unimaginable..
      for once this might prove a mike ashley master stroke...

anyways New Castle will lose one match for sure(hope its the only one).. No need to mention which.. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #26: Apr 02, 2009 03:33:45 pm
      Had to laugh watching the F***ing retards all walking away from the ground like its a matchday, majority of them all wearing their barcode shirts, looking dumb as F**k.

What is it with them, we get a new signing, like we'd be arsed turning up at Anfield, just to see them sign a piece of paper. Them Geordies though turn up like it's a new trophy on show or something.

I love to see them go down, just to see their fans hanging around the ground with that dumb as F**k look slapped on their faces.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #27: Apr 03, 2009 01:42:13 am
      Comical club.

Can't wait to see Hansen rip the piss.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #28: Apr 03, 2009 02:04:50 am
      I've never really liked Newcastle, they've always been a joke of a club during the Premiership era.

I mean they hold Keegan up as the greatest manager in the world - what the F**k did he win at St James'? He didn't even get them to a final. He done F**k all for them, yet they still hold up as their "messaiah"

Then you look at their fans. Win one game and they're going to win the league, draw a game and they're in buckets, lose a game and they're "sack the board, sack the board". When Freddie Shepard was there, he could do no right, despite bringing in Newcastle's most loved son as manager - Sir Bobby Robson. So the Geordies finally got their wish and off went Shepard in came Ashley. Ashley was their new hero when he brought back Keegan, then because Keegan walked out AGAIN they turn on Ashley? Makes no bleeding sense.

Then you look at their players - Joey F***ing Barton?

As much as I like Shearer, both as a man and a player I hope to god they go down. The quicker they're in the Championship the better, they might actually have something to actually cry about. Going down - thank god for that.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Apr 05, 2009 04:33:21 am
      At first I thought this was OK until I saw their game today....now they seem to have nearly as many bosses as players...what the heck are they playing at?

If I am not mistaken they had Shearer, Dowie, Hughton and the other guy (forget his name for a mo) on the bench plus Kinnear in the background "advising" or whatever he is doing.

How an earth can five "managers" help anything....not only that, I heard one pundit talking about Shearer possibly bringing in yet another bod as a consultant of some kind.....

I can only see one beneficiary of all this....no matter how bad Gareth Southgate is doing at Middlesbrough he can still cling to the hope that this barcodes farce will help him squeek away from the drop.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #30: Apr 05, 2009 11:23:43 am
      So they've got Alan Shearer as an interim manager, until Kinnear returns at the end of the season, who is also an interim manager.

I bet the players haven't got a F***ing clue.

If I had to call it I would say they are going down.

One more thing? How old is Shearer - too old to lace back up?

I've said before I've got a lot of time for Southgate so I hope this helps him out.  ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Apr 05, 2009 11:58:39 am
      Think I'm right in saying....4th Manager this season  :-\

That says it all if you ask me.

Yep. Stupid, very stupid.

Either give the guy in charge the time and backing to do the job, or take the time needed to find the right man, then back him.

They're going to get exactly what they deserve.

Quick Reply