Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Do you believe in God

Read 17937 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Re: Do you believe in God
      Reply #161: Jul 29, 2009 11:10:25 am
      Man in every way is different to the animal kingdom,the animal kingdom does not transgress its boundries yet man does,our way of living is way different to any other creation on the planet.
      As for saying that god is to blame for mans sins that he commits is good as saying when,when a man rapes a women that the father should take the blame also,god has created us with a free will thats why humans are unique amongst the creations.
      Well I guess those who do not believe in god will find out when they are 6ft under.thats when the real life starts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #162: Jul 29, 2009 02:17:12 pm
      I am now an atheist.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #163: Jul 29, 2009 02:26:15 pm
      Surely animals do have free will? Every species of life lives in different forms. How can you possibly know life starts when you die? Those are just claims,unsupported claims, the most probable outcome of course is that when you die you will cease to exist, you will not live on in any form of life. I don't understand how people can live their lives thinking this is some sort of test just because another human being has said so in a book.
      If you live your life trying to please a non-existent entity,that is a product of another humans imagination then aren't you simply wasting the short existence you have.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #164: Jul 29, 2009 03:56:13 pm
      Surely animals do have free will? Every species of life lives in different forms. How can you possibly know life starts when you die? Those are just claims,unsupported claims, the most probable outcome of course is that when you die you will cease to exist, you will not live on in any form of life. I don't understand how people can live their lives thinking this is some sort of test just because another human being has said so in a book.
      If you live your life trying to please a non-existent entity,that is a product of another humans imagination then aren't you simply wasting the short existence you have.
      Sure as eggs is eggs (somebody will link this throw away epitaph with a glorious rebirth as is their way)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #165: Jul 29, 2009 03:56:47 pm

Welcome to the club Crouchie ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #166: Jul 29, 2009 04:06:51 pm
      Is this a new thread?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #167: Jul 29, 2009 04:51:57 pm
      Animals do not have free will what they have is instinct,instinct to survive,just take a look around and ask yourself,where did this all come from?we have not just come about from thin air.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #168: Jul 29, 2009 05:22:00 pm
      Why cant people just accept we know very little about ourselves or anything outside our world.We harm each other and every other species on the planet,if their is a God he will have washed his hands of us a long time ago.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #169: Jul 29, 2009 05:29:05 pm
      Why cant people just accept we know very little about ourselves or anything outside our world.We harm each other and every other species on the planet,if their is a God he will have washed his hands of us a long time ago.

Well if he washes his hands of us that will go against him being god.
      Animals cant repent for what they do,thats thier way of life,but humans can and your lord is the most mercifull.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #170: Jul 29, 2009 06:29:49 pm
      Animals cant repent for what they do,thats thier way of life,but humans can and your lord is the most mercifull.

Sorry to say it mate but were every bit an animal as an ape gorilla, mice rats whales that swim the oceans or did you forget the part of us being Mammals ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #171: Jul 29, 2009 06:56:26 pm
      Sorry to say it mate but were every bit an animal as an ape gorilla, mice rats whales that swim the oceans or did you forget the part of us being Mammals ?
      I'm out of here mate all the theories have been debated and all we have now are readings from ancient stories which we're expected to believe because they're old.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #172: Jul 29, 2009 07:07:52 pm
      again a perfect example of mans arrogance. You obviously havent had a lot to do with animals first and foremost they dont have the capacity for hate or mindeless violence.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #173: Jul 29, 2009 08:44:29 pm
      where did this all come from?we have not just come about from thin air.

Nah mate, sure everyone knows that we were 'magically' created to fill a void, by an entity, out of....er, em....no air.

A question: You know the way 'God' created light by just saying to himself (thinking really) "let there be light" - Genesis 1? Why did he ('God') then create "man of dust from the ground" breathing "into his nostrils the breath of life" - Genesis 2, when all he had to do was think "let there be man"?

I guess, in the words of George Michael......"you gotta have faith". Anyways, each to their own. I'll leave you with this. :angel:

We are all just Monkeys
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #174: Jul 29, 2009 08:47:06 pm
      I belive in Robbie Fowler he'll always score goals ;)
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #175: Jul 29, 2009 11:16:03 pm
      Nah mate, sure everyone knows that we were 'magically' created to fill a void, by an entity, out of....er, em....no air.

A question: You know the way 'God' created light by just saying to himself (thinking really) "let there be light" - Genesis 1? Why did he ('God') then create "man of dust from the ground" breathing "into his nostrils the breath of life" - Genesis 2, when all he had to do was think "let there be man"?

I guess, in the words of George Michael......"you gotta have faith". Anyways, each to their own. I'll leave you with this. :angel:

We are all just Monkeys
      Me likey, good video, but it was made by a monkey.
      Mankind is corrupt by money, people think religion is the answer, but its not, its looking deep inside ourselves and asking ourselves real and relevant questions, that basically answer all the questions we dont want to answer, then acting out them answers on earth, the world would be a better place, and we wouldnt need religion, as we would be being true to ourselves, and so true to others.......utopia is possible, when people act out what they know to be right.        think of the words of lennon............. imagine theres no heaven, it isnt hard to do, no hell below us, above us only sky.

Quick Reply