Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Xabi Alonso (Athletico Madrid)

Read 9329 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Xabi Alonso (Athletico Madrid)
      Dec 28, 2006 11:44:13 am
      Can't see this happening myself, looks like they want to offer 14 mil - insult !   Xabi worth at least 25 mil, he's an integral part of our midfield, and he's happy here.  F*cking press again eh ?   ::)
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2006 06:23:29 pm by koolkidda »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Xabi off to Athletico Madrid ?
      Reply #1: Dec 28, 2006 12:03:41 pm
      Athletico are lying 4th in the league and getting stronger, they value Xabi at £15m. Personnaly I don't think he'll be interested.
      We should slap a hefty price on him to warn others off - just like what other teams do to us.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Dec 28, 2006 12:56:03 pm
      Yeah... It's all talk - again. The press try to lure players out of our club and into others...
      Just like Owen, and nearly Gerrard.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 28, 2006 01:14:23 pm
      and why would he leave liverpool?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Dec 28, 2006 04:02:25 pm
      There's a lot of players I would like to see leave Liverpool before Xabi.
      And why would we want to sell one of our better players ??
      All paper talk trying to unsettle us again
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Re: Xabi Alonso (Athletico Madrid)
      Reply #5: Dec 28, 2006 07:20:19 pm
      £25m he is worth, Gerrard is worth £35m, thats when they play on top of their games
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2006 03:44:22 pm
      Xabi Alonso had this to say today - not really a definitive NO as far as I am concerned. Maybe he does fancy it at the end of the season?

"At this time a lot of rumours always appear in the papers, but I am only thinking about staying at Liverpool to help the team have a good season."
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 29, 2006 05:48:08 pm
      eh-oh do you recon this is good or bad
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Dec 29, 2006 08:58:18 pm
      Xabi Alonso had this to say today - not really a definitive NO as far as I am concerned. Maybe he does fancy it at the end of the season?

"At this time a lot of rumours always appear in the papers, but I am only thinking about staying at Liverpool to help the team have a good season."

So does that mean he thinks he's doing us a favour by staying ? :confused-smiley-013:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Dec 29, 2006 09:28:35 pm

the 1st time I read it, I had a really bad gut feeling he's gonna go!!!!!......25+ for Xabi....14 what a crock of sh*t!!! :action-smiley-027:
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2007 04:31:18 pm
      what are they thinking trying to buy xabi, rafa will never sell him and xabi would never go ,not in a million years
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2007 04:34:09 pm
      He's staying.
      End of.

Skysports -
      Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has dismissed speculation linking him with a move back to Spain.

The 25-year-old instead insists he will remain at Anfield and concentrate on helping the Reds close in on second-place Chelsea in the Premiership.

Speaking on the club's official website, Alonso said: "I do not speak about the rumours of my return to Spain.

"I have a contract signed with the Reds and I am happy at this club.

"Now Liverpool are playing to our best level of the season. This is perfect for the beginning of the year with the next big challenges.

"To get to third place is very important for morale for us after the problems in the first months of the league.

"Now our objective is to consolidate the effort."
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2007 11:31:35 pm by Court_LFC »
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #12: Jan 04, 2007 02:21:18 am
      Great news, he's a genius in centre midfield, would hate to ever lose him
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2007 12:29:51 pm
      Rumours still persisting on both Alonso and Garcia for Real Madrid in the papers this week.

Let's hope not.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2007 05:04:19 pm
      i fancy alonso a lot, but i don't think he's showing like he's staying at anfield for life. would be sad to see if he goes.

game for a swap with torres?
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #15: Jan 22, 2007 02:50:50 am
      I wouldnt swap alonso for anybody, he has an eye for goal, has a love for the club, has an excellent pass and has a contract until 2008 I think. Lets hope he committs to staying at the club.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #16: Jan 22, 2007 07:23:05 am
      If you watch his games lately, you'll notice a more physical side to his game. After the injury to his face on Saturday, and going off gor treatment, he came straight back on and put his head in for brave headers. He also doesn't shirk a tackle, like some.
      Alonso is getting better and better - NO SALE.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2007 09:36:57 pm

Exactly!!  - he ain't going nowhere.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #18: Jan 24, 2007 12:50:08 pm
      Maybe the rumours are starting to worry people because LFC are about to negotiate new contracts with Xabi and Luis.
      A-Tre
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 24, 2007 02:38:17 pm
      Maybe the rumours are starting to worry people because LFC are about to negotiate new contracts with Xabi and Luis.

This is due to the fact that both their contracts will soon be "unprotected" - (similar situation to Heinze and Fat Frank). They would then be able to leave with 15 days notice if they, or the club in question, were willing to pay a tribunal fee (thought to be about £6m per player)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Jan 24, 2007 02:47:25 pm
      This is due to the fact that both their contracts will soon be "unprotected" - (similar situation to Heinze and Fat Frank). They would then be able to leave with 15 days notice if they, or the club in question, were willing to pay a tribunal fee (thought to be about £6m per player)

So Xabi's contract is soon to be "unprotected" even though it doesn't expire till 2008/09.

At this rate new players will have to agree to an extension before they have even agreed to the contract!! :) :)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #21: Jan 28, 2007 10:06:51 am
      on sky sports Liverpool page this morning

Liverpool star Xabi Alonso would be keen on extending his contract at Anfield, according to the player's representative.

Reports emanating this week have suggested Liverpool are preparing to begin talks with Alonso about keeping him at the club.

Alonso's future has been the subject of speculation in recent months with Atletico Madrid believed to be keen on luring him back to Spain.

The classy midfielder still has two years to run on his current contract and the player's agent Inaki Ibanez admits Alonso would be happy to make his stay at Liverpool even longer.

"At the moment there are no talks, but when Liverpool call we will answer them," Ibanez told skysports.com

"Xabi is very happy at Liverpool and he is enjoying playing there.

"The most important thing for Xabi at the minute is for him to concentrate on playing as he has a lot of important games coming up.

"When contract talks do come up he will be happy to talk to Liverpool about staying."

sounds promising to me.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Jan 28, 2007 10:16:55 am
      Music to my ears  ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #23: Jan 29, 2007 10:04:32 pm
      So F***ing get the contract sorted then!! There's no rushing Liverpool when it comes to contracts is there!
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2007 11:50:21 pm
      The "atleticos" ones believe that they can register him, xabi was not leave liverpool
      Kerlon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 08, 2007 04:11:52 pm
      I'm atletico madrid fan (and liverpool  ;D), i don't believe this, Xabi is very needed is true but her price is high for atletico, my team see others players (Cleber Santana and Arteta  >:D).

I don't believe this transfer  ;)

Sorry my English I'm newbie and the translator suxx.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2007 04:16:27 pm
      cool 2 spaniards, welcome Kerlon. No one needs to worry, Xabi is ours
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2007 10:49:13 am
      Not a f*cking chance. Xabi's happy here, and he's winning stuff. If it was Real or Barca, I'd be slightly concerned. But Atletico? You're having a laugh
      MaRk-GoNzAlEz-11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 05, 2007 01:59:34 pm
      atheltico madrid can go home if they wanna buy xabi for that much that is a insult
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 08, 2007 10:25:19 pm
      no wayz i agree ^^^ its insultin hes a top quality playa
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #30: May 28, 2007 07:03:50 pm
      Not convinced myself............Xabi to me doesnt look like he's playing with the same heart at the end of the season, and I am not convinced that he is happy here. I definately think he will leave this summer.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: May 28, 2007 09:04:16 pm
      Rafa has come out and stated that the core of his team is Reina, Carragher, Alonso & Gerrard. I can't see Rafa wanting him to go, and if what Alonso says is to be believed he doesn't want to go either.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #32: May 28, 2007 09:26:35 pm
      Rafa has come out and stated that the core of his team is Reina, Carragher, Alonso & Gerrard. I can't see Rafa wanting him to go, and if what Alonso says is to be believed he doesn't want to go either.

Yeah I think thats the case, and its more newspaper talk than real stuff.

I can't see Rafa letting Xabi go, especially to a side that can't even pull a result out of their arses. All speculation, I would love to lock topics like these because it's depressing to see stories getting launched out on our top players.

But everyone smile, we are all in for a promising and bright season starting August :)
      Athens 07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #33: May 30, 2007 12:57:46 pm
       u must not be as a lfc fan if u want xabi 2 leave the club u tw*t ne 1 who wants xabi 2 leave must be pissed or stoned or a blue
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #34: May 30, 2007 01:21:46 pm
      u must not be as a lfc fan if u want xabi 2 leave the club u tw*t ne 1 who wants xabi 2 leave must be pissed or stoned or a blue

listen mate, everyone is entitled to there opions, and calling a fellow member such a name as above is narrow minded.
      if you want to post, do so in a correct manner and use the english language not phone text. - it's in the forum rules.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Xabi Alonso (Athletico Madrid) i agree only for 25 mill plus
      Reply #35: May 30, 2007 02:12:12 pm
      shut up mrtommo, i make Athens7 right , you cant possibly want Alonso to go......... you have to have your head read if thats the case,,,,,,,,,, and what value do you rate Alonso.................. . >:( ::) :D >:D
      whats the press source and who said it and what writer,,,,,,,,, i havent heard this i and read the guardian and mirror and times........... ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: May 30, 2007 03:45:28 pm
      shut up mrtommo, I make Athens7 right , you cant possibly want Alonso to go......... you have to have your head read if thats the case,,,,,,,,,, and what value do you rate Alonso.................. . >:( ::) :D >:D
      whats the press source and who said it and what writer,,,,,,,,, I havent heard this I and read the guardian and mirror and times........... ;)

mine are not the comments he was on about samcharles, all I'm stating is not to call other forum members names.
      as for 'shut up mrtommo' - looks like you make friends easily don't you.
      if you have the intelligence to read the other posts I have posted in this subject, then you'll realise I want Xabi to stay.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2007 03:48:08 pm by mrtommo »
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: May 30, 2007 04:00:51 pm
      dnt think he will go, such an important player to liverpool, if any central mid was to go i think it would me more sissoko. 

:) Happy Birthday Stevie G  :)

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: May 30, 2007 05:39:21 pm
      Guys!

Whats going on! Everyone is fighting over Xabi!

Listen, Athens 07 you made a few offensive points in your posts and I for one did not like it. See my PM.

Samcharles, made a good point but tommo I don't think he meant to actually say stfu!! :D

Listen lads, mrtommo was only trying to keep the peace and so am I.

Now if I may.  :ontopic:
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Xabi Alonso (Athletico Madrid) and lack of movement in the market so far....
      Reply #39: May 30, 2007 06:17:21 pm
      good guys,,,,,,,,,,,  i know I'm strong minded with my views,, so if anyone took it the wrong way ,,, forgive me...............  come on lets get some players in,, i for one I'm getting quite frustrated at the lack of movement,,,, thats what Rafa's talking about,, Man Utd are in talks with Nani right now they have flown over there.

So why do we never know whats going on and if we do its all the same story,,, that for years we try to get these names but only for us to be left wanting,,,,,,,,,

I hope for the fans sake that we get some good players the ones Rafa has put hard work into indentifying,,,,,  tottenham have splashed out nearly 10 mill on unproven talent already.... bayern have brought Luca Toni already for 7.5,,,,,,,

Is anyone getting my point thats this is just so slow as far as lfc are concerned........... is it another summer of ,,,,,,,,,, we are trying to get him  ,,,,,,,,, and we are talking to him ,,,,,,,,,, the hard facts are that we have to support Rafa and give him the funds to at least have one season of buying the real players he wants to fit into his team,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Portsmouth have just brought that chap for undisclosed fee but we all know its about 7.5mill so what I'm saying is come,,,,,,,,,,on there is no place to hide this summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lets pray for some good spot on transfer activity......... i had to let this out as i feel that there is defiantly a problem with who ever really does negotiate the deals ,,,,,,, at liverpool it does seem to take too long and Rafa has stated that on more than a couple of occasions?????????????????????????? >:(
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: May 30, 2007 08:16:56 pm
      good guys,,,,,,,,,,,  i know I'm strong minded with my views,, so if anyone took it the wrong way ,,, forgive me...............  come on lets get some players in,, i for one I'm getting quite frustrated at the lack of movement,,,, thats what Rafa's talking about,, Man Utd are in talks with Nani right now they have flown over there.

So why do we never know whats going on and if we do its all the same story,,, that for years we try to get these names but only for us to be left wanting,,,,,,,,,

I hope for the fans sake that we get some good players the ones Rafa has put hard work into indentifying,,,,,  tottenham have splashed out nearly 10 mill on unproven talent already.... bayern have brought Luca Toni already for 7.5,,,,,,,

Is anyone getting my point thats this is just so slow as far as lfc are concerned........... is it another summer of ,,,,,,,,,, we are trying to get him  ,,,,,,,,, and we are talking to him ,,,,,,,,,, the hard facts are that we have to support Rafa and give him the funds to at least have one season of buying the real players he wants to fit into his team,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Portsmouth have just brought that chap for undisclosed fee but we all know its about 7.5mill so what I'm saying is come,,,,,,,,,,on there is no place to hide this summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lets pray for some good spot on transfer activity......... i had to let this out as i feel that there is defiantly a problem with who ever really does negotiate the deals ,,,,,,, at liverpool it does seem to take too long and Rafa has stated that on more than a couple of occasions?????????????????????????? >:(

Good post.

Liverpool have always had that attitude in the past. I think now is the time to put the money where our mouth is.

We've got the funds, we should use them now. No more excuses.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #41: May 30, 2007 08:26:14 pm
      exactly my point!!!!
      beanie
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #42: May 31, 2007 01:11:14 am
      can`t see it happening ! why leave the best team in europe?  :kiss_it:athletico( more chance of harry kewell not getting injured during a season)
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2007 01:13:35 am by beanie »
      amemon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 03, 2007 04:53:58 pm
      he won't leave us !!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Jun 03, 2007 04:56:27 pm

Yet another well thought out & informed post. How do you keep doing it?

:D :D :D
      amemon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 04, 2007 12:45:52 pm
      don't let him go
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Xabi Alonso (Athletico Madrid) value 25 mill.........
      Reply #46: Jun 04, 2007 01:09:00 pm
      he is when at the top of his game worth the tranfer total of 25 mill ................and that is as simple as that

all these clubs who think they can pinch our players at crap low level fees and value levels............

14 mill for Mr  Alonso is an insult and he was brought at 10.5, why would let him go for just ;D 14 mill if we did let him go i would hope for once in a blue moon we get a decent amount put back into the club and put a value of 25mill on him to start with.............
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 04, 2007 07:01:50 pm
      not been up to scratch this season i am afraid i dont know if I would sell a world class player like xabi tho
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #48: Jun 08, 2007 08:38:41 am
      Xabi is going nowhere he's just extended his contract.
      Taken from the official site.Liverpool FC.tv
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156124070608-0828.htm

Xabi Alonso has become the fourth Liverpool player this week to sign a new contract at Anfield after penning a deal which will keep him at the club until 2012.

With Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Pepe Reina already signed up on long term deals, Alonso's decision to resist offers from abroad is another major boost for manager Rafael Benitez as he plans for the future.   "I knew there was interest from other clubs but it was always my idea to stay here," said Alonso. "I have been here for three seasons now and have such special feelings for the club and the supporters. I understand what Liverpool FC means to so many people. It is such a special club and I just didn't want to leave.   "We agreed that the talks would take place after the Champions League final and, to be honest, in the end it was a simple decision for me because I could see right away that the attitude of the club towards me was spot on. I greatly appreciate all the hard work that Rick Parry has put in on this contract and the faith that Rafa Benitez has shown in me. We all wanted to reach an agreement and we're all happy with the outcome.   "I want to be part of what lies ahead because I know it is going to be exciting. I've signed for another five years and there's no reason why we can't be successful.   "It's also good news to see that other players have signed new contracts this week. Stevie, Carra and Pepe are all big players for us and it's great they have all shown their commitment. I'm sure the manager will be bringing in new players as well and that the new owners will be making a big effort to improve the squad."   After representing his country in Euro 2008 qualifiers over the past week Alonso is now looking forward to a well earned summer break - but he admits he's already dreaming about what next season may hold for the club.   "I'm really excited because I think we can achieve big things," he added. "Hopefully we won't make the same mistakes next season as we did last season and we can win some more games. We want to be challenging for the top teams.   "Even though I'm looking forward to a holiday and a rest I can't wait for next season to begin."   The Spanish midfielder is also relishing the prospect of fighting for his place following Javier Mascherano's successful start to his Liverpool career in the centre of the field.   "It's great to have competition and I am ready to fight for my place," he said. "The more top quality players we have then the better the level of the team will be. I'm confident I can play a lot of minutes on the pitch and keep the confidence of the manager."
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2007 08:41:21 am by Glenbuck »
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #49: Jun 08, 2007 09:22:51 am
      fantastic news thats the best bit pf news i have had regards to lfc for a long time,, especially when i know back in Spain what Alonso was meaning to barca fans .

I don't think some of you know how respected Alonso is in barca, make no mistake they wanted him :D :D :D :D

carragher gerrard alonso reina all on big deals more to come,,,

finnan next then risse the crouch and hyypia i hope
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Jun 08, 2007 09:48:50 am
      Definately not going anywhere now, so topic locked.

Quick Reply