Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Spurs game - Sat. 30th Dec.

Read 9953 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Spurs game - Sat. 30th Dec.
      Reply #69: Dec 30, 2006 11:33:55 pm
      Just watched the match on Football First, how did we hang on to that in the second half ?  I'm still dead nervous with Reina between the sticks    :P  Pennant was running about like a chicken with no head, and Finnan nearly scored an OG.    I've eaten all my nails after watching that !!    Hope we do better on Monday, just glad we hung on  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #70: Dec 31, 2006 12:19:47 am
      Just watched the match on Football First, how did we hang on to that in the second half ?  I'm still dead nervous with Reina between the sticks    :P  Pennant was running about like a chicken with no head, and Finnan nearly scored an OG.    I've eaten all my nails after watching that !!    Hope we do better on Monday, just glad we hung on  ;)

I think we probably deserved more against Blackburn and got shafted, and Spurs arguably deserved something from today.  Swings and roundabouts.

Let's hope we deserve and get all three Monday.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #71: Dec 31, 2006 12:20:47 am
      It was a decent performance but three points is three points after all...
      I think we should just put our minds to the Bolton game and regain 3rd place which is rightfully ours...
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #72: Dec 31, 2006 11:41:17 am
      Squeaky bum time yesterday daan London way.  Glad we got the result, it was cold, wet and miserable - but hey what was I expecting for December 30th!

Quite a number of reds got thrown out for standing at yesterday's ground - picked on randomly by the stewards.  Pretty much all the the reds were standing and from what I saw a hell of a lot of Spurs fans.  Now you would have thought a strategy for these numbskulls who steward at White Hart Lane would be to tell the lads at the front to sit down first.  Not these clueless loons - it could well have been me - it was totally random and quite a few went in the first half before little Luis had cheered us up for half time.

Alas back to the football.  Thought JC was immense yesterday, Gerrard looked up for it but I don't know -I am still convinced he is better on the right for when Momo returns (hopefully soon).  Alonso was quiet, and Spurs in all fairness deserved at least a point out the game.  But we've been shafted ourselves enough times this season, and it was the first time I have seen us win there - well against Spurs anyway (discounting FA Cup Semi's).

Thanks to whoever it was who found my phone after I launched it in the crowd after the goal and handed it in at half time.

Bring on the Bolton.  Gutted I am not going - but enables me to have a few shandies tonight.  Happy New Year all.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #73: Jan 01, 2007 06:12:12 am
      well done boys :action-smiley-035:...it's nice to finally get a hard fought away win......does anyone have a link so I can see Garcia's goal???

down here they showed Charlton V  Villa ?????? why I have no idea, the Mancs game and of course Chelskis game.....geez I hope they're showing the Bolton game  ???

The Bolton match is on live tonight at 11:30 on foxsports 3
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Jan 01, 2007 11:10:21 pm
      The Bolton match is on live tonight at 11:30 on foxsports 3

thanks mattmcg...loved every minute of it....of well atleast the 2nd half anyway... ;) :food-smiley-005: :ernaehrung004:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #75: Jan 02, 2007 01:49:22 am
      On that note... time to lock this topic.

Quick Reply