Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 3: Post Match Inquest

Read 52503 times
      kingkennyb
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 3: Post Match Inquest
      Reply #276: Apr 09, 2009 10:37:21 pm
       ;D ;D ;D

My team for the Bridge

Reina, Carragher, Hypia, Agger, Aurelio, Insua, Spearing, Mascharano, Gerard, Babel, Torres.

I am for 3 5 2. We need to compete with their midfield which we did not do last night. We need two hustlers in central midfield being Mascharano and Spearing. They will deal with Lampard and Essien. We need a triangular attack of Gerrard, Babel and Torres. If Gerrard does not play then Alonso will slot in there. Both Aurelio and Insua will work the wings and provide width and crosses. Carragher Hypia and Agger will form a close knit back three
       with both Spearing and Mascherano tracking back. Gerrard is instructed to stay within their half of the field and feed Babel and Torres who should drift left and right as they see it. Babel could be the key to the whole thing. He is no winger and the sooner we do an Henry with him the better. Wenger would have had him fully coverted by now. Babel and Torres provide good pace upfront and it's a question of feeding them good ball. I would not go all gung ho against them. I would ease into the game and find a suitable pace to our game. The first thing is to let them know that we have no intention of getting dragged into a 100 mile an hour fiasco like last night. I believe that they will set up the same as last night and actually play us on the break at home knowing that we need to attack. It would be very foolish for us to fall for that. We need to get them out to play by not killing ourselves in the opening 20 minutes. We need to show patience and be very careful and precise with our  passing. The makeup of the side looks at first glance very defensive but it is designed to allow the three attacking players full licence to plant themselves entirely in the chelsea half of the pitch. I think if rafa picks the right players we have a chance but he will no choice but to play three at the back. Hamburg who beat Man City tonight play a nice 3 5 2 which City could not handle. It is critical that the three players stay close to one another and not drift to far apart. Argentina 86, Brazil 2002, Rangers 91-97. It does work but you need everybody doing their specific job well. I would nearly run a quick experiment against Blackburn on Saturday to see how it runs. I think it is worth the risk.             
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #277: Apr 09, 2009 11:32:28 pm
      3-5-2?nah.4-2-3-1!          carrgher-sami-agger-aurelio masher-xabi                     kuyt-gerraed-babel            torros                             masher take on essien.murder him!im not sure if we should use dossano insua or aurelio on RB.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #278: Apr 09, 2009 11:37:19 pm
      ;D ;D ;D

My team for the Bridge

Reina, Carragher, Hypia, Agger, Aurelio, Insua, Spearing, Mascharano, Gerard, Babel, Torres.

Pretty sure Insua isn't registered for the Champions League. Plus playing two left backs? Arbeloa was our best outfield player yesterday and would be in any side I pick for Tuesday. Spearing? Not ahead of Aloso, no matter how highly I rate Jay. Babel? At the expense of Riera yes but on current form I'd rather see Benayoun.

I'd also have Skrtel in there, played badly last night but didn't Agger in the first leg of 07 only to come back and win MOTM for the return leg including the goal. Skrtel should be playing because he'll want to prove that the first leg was a one off and he can handle Drogba.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #279: Apr 09, 2009 11:37:20 pm
      3-5-2?nah.4-2-3-1!          carrgher-sami-agger-aurelio masher-xabi                     kuyt-gerraed-babel            torros                             masher take on essien.murder him!im not sure if we should use dossano insua or aurelio on RB.

Come on fella, spell the player names right ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #280: Apr 09, 2009 11:38:00 pm
      This Is Easy...........

Next week We do a Chelsea.

Terry is  off so we send Sami up for every single corner.

You score by da headski  and you ll die by da headski.

Thanx Gusnikov  for da clues.

We'll show you blues ..............you nothing but a load of meerkats dot com.

Da.

(Its Russian FFS !)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #281: Apr 09, 2009 11:41:49 pm
      ;D ;D ;D

My team for the Bridge

Spearing instead of Alonso? No chance, Spearing may be a good player but he has never experienced a game this important and i doubt he can pass and create things as well as Alonso.

Arbeloa should be in there seeing as he was probably our best player so i would have Carra and Agger at the back (Agger tends to do well against Chelsea).

Insua isn't even registered so would put Aurelio there, regardless of the fact he had a bad game because they all did.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #282: Apr 09, 2009 11:50:37 pm
      sorry.im chïnése!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #283: Apr 10, 2009 02:01:59 am

Yeesh lad, where's that nationalist Chinese nature gone?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #284: Apr 10, 2009 02:25:54 am
      Goldton you make me sick!

Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #285: Apr 10, 2009 02:26:47 am
      only a fool can write us off. if we score 3 on the night, i beleive we will the tie.....
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #286: Apr 10, 2009 03:22:42 am
      im not too bothered about going out to them.

league is priority and now we can completley focus on winning it.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #287: Apr 10, 2009 06:10:20 am
      You may not be that bothered but you know how bad the press is coming at us now. How bad the media is coming at us. And how this might have an affect on our reputation in Europe. We need to salvage it, we need to show a special European night to say that we are one of the best there.

League is still priority instead of the Champs League, but yes, we have to go all out for it as well!

Look forward to an Istanbul lads. But lets not keep our expectations too high I suppose.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #288: Apr 10, 2009 07:39:09 am

I'm surprised you actually have access to this site.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #289: Apr 10, 2009 11:27:00 am
      Been dreading coming into this topic, yesterday i completely cocooned myself from all media, so i don't have a clue what sh**e was written, to be honest i'm glad i didn't look at it anyway, probably not worth it. I'd rather use my own thoughts of what went wrong or that of other liverpool fans (like on here :P) . Anways, 3 goals will be difficult at the bridge but certainly not impossible and i believe if anyone could do it, we can!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #290: Apr 10, 2009 11:32:29 am
      I'm surprised you actually have access to this site.

Cheeky.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #291: Apr 10, 2009 11:49:09 am
      Guus did his homework, there man of the match was Essien, he did a job on Stevie G. I have avoided the media after this game not even watched SSN. Andy gray got on my tits on the commentry again, what a nobber, he just crows about whoever is winning. It is not impossible to overturn this if Rafa has learnt his lessons. And i beleive he will, the man is a genius. Have faith.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #292: Apr 10, 2009 01:36:48 pm
      You may not be that bothered but you know how bad the press is coming at us now. How bad the media is coming at us. And how this might have an affect on our reputation in Europe. We need to salvage it, we need to show a special European night to say that we are one of the best there.

League is still priority instead of the Champs League, but yes, we have to go all out for it as well!

Look forward to an Istanbul lads. But lets not keep our expectations too high I suppose.

the press can say what they like. Us fans and everyone else in football knows we are a force in europe and have pretty much always challenged for this competition under Benetiz.

But this year we have different priorities with a decent chance to win our domestic league, we haven't got the squad so going out of the CL should be beneficial, if we can bounce back vs blackburn. Let Chelski have their little glory, they'll go out to Barca anyway. And we'll pick up the premier league trophy.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #293: Apr 10, 2009 01:49:01 pm
      I've stayed away from the forum since the game. To be honest I couldn't even bring myself to watch as much as the news on T.V. because I couldn't face re-visiting the "hurt". I was/am shell-shocked.

My initial thoughts were; what the f**k just happened? On reflection however, I must be honest and say Chelsea outplayed us - big time. Their three in midfield, with Essien and Lampard in particular, just f**king bossed us. Lucas is not ready yet for a game like this, (two v three), against players like this and it showed. As for zonal marking, well, we were exposed by a team who knew how to exploit the system's weakness (remember they tried it, hated it and fu**ed "Big Phil" off because of it)

I guess it may be easy to look for scapegoats with quite a few of our lads appearing to be well below par but the truth is we were made look poor by a stronger team on the night.

Three at Stamford Bridge? Stranger things have happened.....
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2009 06:50:32 pm by bad boy bubby »
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #294: Apr 10, 2009 07:35:09 pm
      I'm not too down about the result the other night, it's not over, it's only half time, so we only need six minutes to sort it out, what shall we do with the other 84 minutes plus stoppages!!

I think Mash will be the key in the return leg, that and the lack of JTwat.

A couple of Chav fans were taking the wotsit at work on Thursday, but I let them have their moment, reminding them of two things - if they can score three against us at Anfield, we can put three past them at the Bridge; and we beat them home and away in the league.

They conceded that they're bricking it and believe that we will win on pens next week, and I'll go with that, although I'd rather we win it in the 90.
      LFC4EVAlol
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #295: Apr 11, 2009 11:59:11 am
      I kinda wished they would have scored more goals than that! Stupid drogba for not scoring more! I mean, we always score 3 goals every 6 minutes, so now the 2nd leg tie will be boring! Chelsea needed atleast a 45 goal lead to be safe, but even that wouldnt be enough because we can score another 2 in injury time. Stupid Chelscum for sitting back on their 1-3 away lead - they shouldn't even bother turning up since we'll beat them 45-0 (excluding injury time).

We should play the reserve U18 team on Tuesday to make things interesting... and that way we don't even need to ask Essien to let Stevie out of his pocket!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #296: Apr 11, 2009 11:59:57 am
      .... Okay.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #297: Apr 11, 2009 12:10:02 pm
      Right, lets put this one to bed  ;)
      gurugaja
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #298: Apr 12, 2009 01:55:32 pm
      i would say the reason we couldn't stop attacking through the middle is because of our otherwise the best holding midfielder. Alonso was tracked by lampard and Lucas wasn't able to hold of Chelsea. i would of preferred Mascherano.

Quick Reply