Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Javier Maschereno (West Ham)

Read 7991 times
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Javier Maschereno (West Ham)
      Dec 29, 2006 01:00:53 pm
      http://aloadofw**k.com/article.php?id=23246

Juventus are willing to pull out of talks with MSI over West Ham midfielder Javier Mascherano and clear the way for Liverpool to sign the Argentine.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Juve's board accept they're at a disadvantage to Liverpool in talks with Mascherano because it will be another 18 months - at least - before they will be competing in the Champions League.

Rather than continue negotiations, Juve representatives have told Liverpool they're prepared to stand aside if the Premiership giants agree to a pre-contract agreement over a summer deal for midfielder Momo Sissoko.

Juve are ready to agree terms now over a £5 million fee for the Mali international, who is currently recovering from long-term injury at Anfield.

read it all and tell me what you think
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2006 04:12:31 pm by JD »
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Re: Read this bullshit
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2006 01:40:48 pm
      Blimey, first I'm hearing of this... why would we want to sign him?
      scousesaz06
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2006 01:41:17 pm
      Think it is a load of crap never heard of another club stepping aside & no way will momo be leaving us  :-\ :-\ :-\
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2006 04:12:45 pm by JD »
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2006 01:54:09 pm
      I really am beginning to think we are all swimming in a river of bullshit when it comes to this club.

The only thing is those who want the truth like us fans are the ones clinging to the bank trying not to drown in the bullshit, yet our wallets that are full of the money keep floating away down the river.
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2006 04:13:03 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2006 02:43:43 pm
      Momo £5m ?? add a zero on the end of it and maybe you could be half way there !!
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Re: Maschereno (West Ham)
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2006 03:41:02 pm
      Juventus, what a joke who would want to play for those corrupt jokers !

That must have come from the S*n !
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2006 04:13:32 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Javier Maschereno (West Ham)
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2006 04:14:13 pm
      Right winger though.  Juve can have Jermaine.  Momo's going effing nowhere - especially with the interest expressed in Alonso.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Dec 29, 2006 05:13:51 pm
      Right winger though.  Juve can have Jermaine.  Momo's going effing nowhere - especially with the interest expressed in Alonso.

No way Pennant would go abroad,  he's have to pay twice as much for his presciptions  ;) ;D ;D ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,755 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Dec 29, 2006 11:24:29 pm
      Momo £5m ?? add a zero on the end of it and maybe you could be half way there !!

here. here mrtommo :ernaehrung004:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Dec 29, 2006 11:55:59 pm
      Yeah too right JD, they can have Pennant. They can friggin' shove thier quierys about Momo.
      Momo Is Boss.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2007 04:28:33 pm
      I would only sell momo for £99999999999999999999999999 minimum
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2007 08:22:59 pm
      I would only sell momo for £99999999999999999999999999 minimum

So you wouldn't take £99999999999999999999999998?

Incidentally there is only £25,000,000,000,000 in the entire world (thats £25 trillion or roughly $44 trillion)
      http://ask.yahoo.com/20060717.html
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Jan 02, 2007 08:44:38 pm
      So you wouldn't take £99999999999999999999999998?

Incidentally there is only £25,000,000,000,000 in the entire world (thats £25 trillion or roughly $44 trillion)
      http://ask.yahoo.com/20060717.html
      And Bill Gates has about 25 per cent of that.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2007 09:04:42 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzz ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2007 09:07:59 pm
      And Bill Gates has about 25 per cent of that.

Greedy git !!   ;) ;D
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 03, 2007 07:31:41 pm
      well smig he does own microsoft
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #16: Jan 03, 2007 09:18:46 pm

I know willow, he's still a greedy git, wouldnt you think he's buy us a new stadium ?  ;)
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #17: Jan 04, 2007 02:29:14 am
      Mascherano can't even make the bench at West Ham!!!!! We don't need any more mediocrity, the last of that is almost gone (Diao) after Houillers regime. Hands off Momo.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 04, 2007 02:02:07 pm
      I wouldn't mind seeing him play.

To be honest despite the World Cup speculation I don't know much about him.

He could never replace momo but would be nice to take him on loan and have a look and what he could offer.

He would also eligible to play in europe which would be a huge benefit.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #19: Jan 04, 2007 02:32:05 pm
      All depends on the price, and also if he's eligable to play. By that I mean he's already played for two clubs this season and he would need special dispensation to play for another.
      He's young, an international (prob. the best national team at the mo) and can play on the right.
      OK things haven't gone right for him at West Ham, but that doesn't make him a crap player - Tevez is in the same boat. A few months ago, everyone was saying how the fcuk have West Ham signed these two ? Now we are saying there crap.
      Come on, I think he would be an excellent signing, if he's cheap enough. He's a young lad, thousands of miles away from home (yes I know they get well payed), so he needs time to settle and possibly a few arms round his shoulder.
      With the right manager - he will be a world class player.
      We would of loved to of signed him a few months ago.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #20: Jan 04, 2007 04:29:32 pm

I thought that was a fascinating fact ;)

Anyway, with regards to Mascherano - a couple of weeks back I would have said Bollocks.

I'm really not too sure now.  I have an inkling there is something in this one.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2007 04:31:09 pm by JD »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #21: Jan 04, 2007 04:44:27 pm
      yes good post mrtommo, you dont become a bad player over night, and he is a world class player, he was given to westham as a gift when there take over talks were going on, and that take over did not go ahead, poor lad his head must be up his arse, if he wants to stay in england he needs a good club with good players around him to get the best out of him and we could be that club, but were would we play him, we are not sort in that dept. and how much would he cost????
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 04, 2007 05:10:15 pm
      Whos place is he going to have.stevie is on top form,alonso is getting back to his best and momo is near returning.do we need this guy?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #23: Jan 05, 2007 12:47:04 am
      Whos place is he going to have.stevie is on top form,alonso is getting back to his best and momo is near returning.do we need this guy?
      No we don't. Where the hell did this come from?
      If he can't hold down a place at West Ham he definatly can't hold one down here either.
      If I could lock the topic I would.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #24: Jan 05, 2007 12:58:30 am

If I could lock the topic I would.

It's a forum mate open for debate, so why would you want to lock it ??
      I for one think this lad is a very very good player, West Ham are a team in termoil at the moment and maybe he's struggling settling in.(the rest of the team are struggling badly and who knows, if they played him they could be winning matches instead of losing them). You can't play well if not selected.
      Like I've posted earlier, He's young and far away from home - do you think 2 different managers and 2 chairmens are going to help his situation.
      Maybe if we signed him, there would be no place for Zendon !
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #25: Jan 05, 2007 01:16:46 am
      Zenden is a decent player mate. And I would only be willing to lock this topic because where ever this rumor came from it's not true.
      How can we bring in another central midfielder when we've got three players of the highest quality in that position?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 05, 2007 01:17:18 am
      I consider it all a bit similar to Gonzalez.  He was fantastic last year in Spain, but he again has come to Liverpool - new country, completely different language and he is struggling to settle.  I think Mascherano is a good player - he was in the World Cup.  Ooops - realised I have just fell for the old El Hadji Diouf argument.

Bugger.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #27: Jan 05, 2007 08:45:36 am
      I think IF we do sign Mascherano it couldl be the end of Xabi, As i've said before in previous post if the right offer came in for him i've got a feeling he would be sold, I think he wants to go back to spain to one of the big 2 at some point and Stevie/Momo for me is our 1st choice cm pairing.

I wouldnt like to see him go as he is world class.............
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #28: Jan 05, 2007 11:25:19 am
      Zenden is a decent player mate. And I would only be willing to lock this topic because where ever this rumor came from it's not true.
      How can we bring in another central midfielder when we've got three players of the highest quality in that position?

I think it's something than a rumour mate, if he's get this special dispensation from FIFA, then watch this space.
      As for where he'll play ?, possible cover, or he can play on the right. Also Rafa might be thinking of a different formation to play certain teams.
      If the price is right, then I think Rafa will sign him - remember it's Rafa who has the final say.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #29: Jan 05, 2007 12:36:39 pm
      I agree he would be a good signing and would provide good cover. Remember we had Zenden playing central midfield for a few games this season and in my opinion he was as useful as tits on a bull!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Jan 05, 2007 01:39:22 pm
      I think it's something than a rumour mate, if he's get this special dispensation from FIFA, then watch this space.
      As for where he'll play ?, possible cover, or he can play on the right. Also Rafa might be thinking of a different formation to play certain teams.
      If the price is right, then I think Rafa will sign him - remember it's Rafa who has the final say.
      True, if Rafa see's a prospect in him he will probably put the money on the table. But I haven't seen him play once this season to be honest.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #31: Jan 05, 2007 02:12:02 pm
      I agree he would be a good signing and would provide good cover. Remember we had Zenden playing central midfield for a few games this season and in my opinion he was as useful as tits on a bull!!

:laughing-smiley-014:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #32: Jan 05, 2007 06:41:38 pm
      Sourced fro Skysports website today....

Rafa Benitez admits Fifa's rules would not dissuade him from bidding for Javier Mascherano, although he refused to confirm he wanted to sign the midfielder.

Mascherano is desperate to leave West Ham United after struggling to settle since arriving at Upton Park from Corinthians in August.

Juventus have dropped their interest in the Argentine and he has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool.

Fifa rules prevent a player turning out for more than two clubs between a period of 1st July and 30th June.

Reds boss Benitez is not put off by the regulations, but was reluctant to commit himself to an interest in Mascherano.

"There are a lot of similar situations with players who have played for three clubs in the same season, and in some cases four, so I think it is not a problem," said Benitez.

"We are watching good players and we want to find someone who can add more balance, but at this moment we are focusing on the next game and we are not talking about players.

"I don't like to talk about those names and rumours in the press."

Benitez also reiterated his stance that Liverpool duo Peter Crouch and Xabi Alonso are not for sale.

Crouch has been linked with Newcastle and Juventus, while Alonso has been tipped to return to Spain.

"This is clear, we don't want to sell Peter Crouch," said Benitez.

"He (Alonso) has a contract and we are happy with him. He's happy with the club, it was simply a rumour, nothing serious."

Nothing really cleared up regarding Maschereno, maybe there's work behind the scenes going on. Again if the dispensation is granted, then he WILL be wearing The Red strip over the next few months at least.

Regarding Crouch and Alonso, Rafa has not stated that they won't be sold - "we don't want to sell Peter Crouch" does not mean if a too good to refuse offer comes in he won't be sold,  regarding Alonso  "it was simply a rumour, nothing serious" doesn't fill me with confidence.

These are my views, and are open to debate. Personnally I would sign Maschereno (if allowed to play), not sell Alonso - too good to leave, and if an offer above £10m came in then sell Crouch (as long as a replacement comes in). Also, as long as the price was right, bring in Lucas Neill - under £1m. You are not going to find a better right back who has good Prem. experience and is an International captain for this sort of money. Yes I know there are a lot better, but we do need cover for Finnan, and at the mo, money is tight.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #33: Jan 05, 2007 08:02:21 pm
      Why cant FIFA just bent the rules they did when we finished of 5th but won the champions league and we got a qualifing place ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 05, 2007 08:51:53 pm
      I would love to see mascherano signed he is a top class young player and we need cover in the middle coz zenden is not the answer.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #35: Jan 05, 2007 10:33:17 pm
      Zenden is on Question of Sport next week, hope he doesnt make a tit of himself !    :-[
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #36: Jan 06, 2007 03:06:16 am
      Zenden is on Question of Sport next week, hope he doesnt make a tit of himself !    :-[
      I remember when Carragher was on it!
      Class he was!!

No wonder you're the highest posting person on the forum!
      :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #37: Jan 06, 2007 03:59:52 pm
      as i said on my last post, i think javier is a good player, and in the right team he will be a great player, if we can get him at the right price, then let him come, the worry i have is are lads from spain, some one will tell me but i think they only have 18 months left on there contract, and i have not heard that talks are going on to renew there contract, if there is only 18 months left then why has the talks going on, i think one or two are on there way back to spain in the summer(i do hope I'm wrong), yes we will get good money for them, but they would be very hard to replace, off to the match now, you all have lots of fun
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #38: Jan 06, 2007 10:32:33 pm
      we dont need mascherano we've got sissoko, and anyway its against fifa rules to play for 3 clubs in the same season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2007 08:53:48 pm
      I hope he does join us for one reason and one reason alone.

The song.

Hey...MACARENA!! (or something similar)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #40: Jan 08, 2007 07:18:37 am
      ha ha good post, never thourt about the song
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 08, 2007 06:29:22 pm
      i would like to know why pardew didnt seem to like him
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 08, 2007 10:44:25 pm
      Bad/Good news depending on what side of the camp you are on.

I have just had confirmation that the player has undergone a medical for Liverpool and has passed it. 

Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #43: Jan 09, 2007 10:45:07 am
      Mascherano will be class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know how much the fee is!?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #44: Jan 09, 2007 12:51:47 pm
      I haven't seen the lad play so i don't know about him being class, but going by the old tried and trusted method of evaluating players, he cant be any worse than Zenden and there fore improves our squad  ;)
      Red 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 09, 2007 06:54:50 pm
      I've seen him play when he was playing for Corithinans in the brazilian league and i must say, he isnt all that brilliant. He didnt do sh*te while he was there and was constantly losing the ball and passing the ball to the other team. he only played 8 games or something and he didnt even make it in the West Ham squad. I don't think he is necessary. I really dont want to see him join Liverpool. ever.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #46: Jan 09, 2007 07:08:20 pm
      I've seen him play when he was playing for Corithinans in the brazilian league and I must say, he isnt all that brilliant. He didnt do sh*te while he was there and was constantly losing the ball and passing the ball to the other team. he only played 8 games or something and he didnt even make it in the West Ham squad. I don't think he is necessary. I really dont want to see him join Liverpool. ever.

Fair dues.  Apart from the World Cup I haven't really seen much of him.  Obviously something has made the Hammers not play him though.  Interesting.  Let's hope it's maybe a loan deal if we get him at all... ???
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 12, 2007 09:54:37 pm
      Loan deal would do me fine
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 15, 2007 01:16:24 am
      Bad/Good news depending on what side of the camp you are on.

I have just had confirmation that the player has undergone a medical for Liverpool and has passed it. 

Any more on this Jabba?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #49: Jan 16, 2007 02:31:26 pm
      I saw this on BBC web site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6267319.stm

Liverpool have sent a letter to Fifa asking for special dispensation to sign Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano on loan from West Ham.

Under the world governing body's rules, a footballer cannot play competitively for more than two different clubs between 1 July and 30 June the following year.

Surely they cannot be suggesting that West Ham have been competitive in any shape or form this season?

homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 18, 2007 05:34:20 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #51: Jan 30, 2007 12:40:12 am
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Javier Maschereno ?
      Reply #52: Feb 20, 2007 12:49:12 pm
      Does anybody know what the latest news about the Maschereno transfer is ?
      The last I heard was we should of known last week, all due to the implications of his and Tevezs' West Ham transfer.

This seems to be dragging on and on, and his 18 month loan deal will be down to 15 months.

Can anybody shed any light onto this situation please.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Javier Maschereno ?
      Reply #53: Feb 20, 2007 07:05:20 pm
      Done and dusted today.

Quick Reply