Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Hillsborough coverage on the TV

Read 19534 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Hillsborough coverage on the TV
      Apr 10, 2009 11:48:06 am
      Probably going to be quite a bit on the tele over the next week.

Saturday 11th April 2009

Football Focus on the BBC will be at Anfield.

Wednesday 15th April 2009

LFC.TV on Sky will be free to air, to those without Setanta subscriptions, and will feature a full day of programming about the event, including coverage of the 20th anniversary service at Anfield.

If  you don't have satellite TV you can also watch all their coverage online at the official site.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Re: Hillsborough coverage on the TV
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2009 05:21:57 pm
      History Tv also have a documentary on at 8pm on the 15th.

ITV 3 are showing Jimmy McGovern's Hillsborough from 9pm to 11pm.

CityTalk 105.9 will have 1 hour features running Tuesday to Friday at 12pm.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2009 07:26:54 pm
      Saw the Hillsborough documentary advertised during the Chelsea game. Will have to take that as I don't finish work till 8.

Cheers JD.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2009 12:24:59 pm
      Pretty hard work watching this again on BBC 1 right now.

I really don't think I'm going to be able to watch the coverage this week, can't even imagine how it must be for the reds who were there that day.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2009 12:41:06 pm
      Brings it all back doesn't it.

YNWA
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2009 01:32:57 pm
      Just watched Football Focus on the BBC, wasn't born until the year after it happened but it really brought it home how horrific the event was. Was hard to watch at times.

RIP to all who lost their lives, condolences to everyone who lost loved ones.

Good luck for the rest of a the season and beating the mancscum to the title.

Marching on Together, You'll never walk alone!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2009 01:35:31 pm
      ^^^^

Cheers.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2009 04:27:44 pm
      Just showed The Kop singing YNWA before the game today and the following minutes silence on Final Score.

Had a bit of a weep im not ashamed to admit.

R.I.P The 96. You will NEVER be forgotten.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2009 09:24:38 pm
      I'm pleased it's got good coverage today, been on all the news items as one of the top stories.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2009 09:31:09 pm
      Agreed.  I've not seen the news, but I was watching the score interactive thingy on the BBC and they showed the singing of YNWA and the minutes silence about three times, and they were discussing it in the studio, so hopefully the word has spread a little wider, and one day, justice will be done for the 96.

YNWA

JFT96
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2009 09:31:50 pm
      I saw the mini documentary on Sky Sports News this morning and when them 2 blokes give an interview about being their it actually brought a tear to my eye, especially when one of them was getting upset. I wasn't born when it happened but i dont think it matters if you were born or not because you still really feel for the families etc.

I thought when Stevie gave his interview about his cousin too that he was going to get upset.

If anyone else saw the interviews with the 2 blokes did you notice them in the crowd? i thought it was really good touch when Sky Sports put the camera's on to them.

Will have to tape the TV coverage though on the 15th :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #11: Apr 12, 2009 12:52:48 am
      Does anybody know if Robbie Coltraine's Cracker will be shown at any point. Obviously the one that circles around the Hillsborough disaster, with Robert Carlyle as the main character.

And if it's not shown on the telly, anybody know where it's possible to view it?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Apr 12, 2009 06:25:19 pm
      7pm tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

Hillsborough Stories

Sunday 12 April
      7:00pm - 8:00pm
      BBC Radio Five Live

Kelly Cates presents the stories of people who were at Sheffield Wednesday's football ground 20 years ago. Including parents of children who were killed in the crush, survivors who will never forget, Liverpool players from the day, plus a rare interview with then Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish.

Does anybody know if Robbie Coltraine's Cracker will be shown at any point. Obviously the one that circles around the Hillsborough disaster, with Robert Carlyle as the main character.

And if it's not shown on the telly, anybody know where it's possible to view it?
      Just had a look on the Radio Times and that episode isn't listed I'm afraid mate.

MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Apr 12, 2009 07:04:54 pm
      7pm tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

Hillsborough Stories

Sunday 12 April
      7:00pm - 8:00pm
      BBC Radio Five Live

Kelly Cates presents the stories of people who were at Sheffield Wednesday's football ground 20 years ago. Including parents of children who were killed in the crush, survivors who will never forget, Liverpool players from the day, plus a rare interview with then Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish.

Thanks Kenny, just put it on.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Apr 12, 2009 07:34:43 pm
      God bless the Sarah and Victoria and the other 94.

Kenny Dalglish and Neil Fiztmaurice in this next half an hour.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Apr 12, 2009 07:55:05 pm
      God bless the Sarah and Victoria and the other 94.

Kenny Dalglish and Neil Fiztmaurice in this next half an hour.

To lose your two daughters at a football match must have been awful for Trevor Hicks and his wife, breaks your heart listening to the stories.

When John Aldridge spoke about the young lad who he promised to give his shirt to and look after him when he next came to Anfield, how gutted was he when they said they were turning off his life support machine, I broke down at that point.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2009 10:13:52 pm
      So wed night watch this on the History channel or watch the Mancs get knocked out of the champions league?

Its a win win situation for us.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Apr 12, 2009 10:24:34 pm
      For anyone who missed Hillsborough Stories tonight, you can listen to it again on the iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jsnyy/Hillsborough_Stories/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #18: Apr 12, 2009 11:01:21 pm
      So wed night watch this on the History channel or watch the Mancs get knocked out of the champions league?

There are replays I think on Thursday, not sure of the times though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Apr 12, 2009 11:54:26 pm
      Here is the full schedule for LFC TV’s Free Day on April 15

10:00: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part 1

Members of the LFC family – current and former players and fans and family members - open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

10:15: A Song for Hillsborough

LFC TV goes behind the scenes at Elevator Studios in Liverpool for the recording of a new specially-commissioned version of ‘Fields of Anfield Road’. Peter Hooton, Bruce Grobbelaar and John Power all speak in studio about why they’re proud to be involved in the project

10:45: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part 2

More members of the LFC family – current and former players and fans and family members - open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

11:00: Hillsborough: The Documentary

20 years on from the disaster that cost 96 Liverpool fans their lives, LFC TV remembers the saddest day in the club’s history with an updated version our hard-hitting Hillsborough documentary.

12:00: Cup Kings 1989

Ronnie Whelan (club captain in 1989), John Aldridge and radio commentator Graham Beecroft reflect on the road to Wembley for the most emotional cup final ever, including Hillsborough and the aftermath of the disaster back home on Merseyside.

14:30: Live: Hillsborough Memorial Service

Live and uninterrupted coverage from Anfield of the Hillsborough Memorial Service. The service will feature two choirs - the Choir of St Anne Stanley and the Liverpool Singing Choir - readings from Kenny Dalglish and Margaret Aspinall, Vice Chairperson of the Hillsborough Families Support Group and addresses from both the Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Councillor Steve Rotherham and Trevor Hicks, President of the HFSG. The service will conclude with Gerry Marsden and Neal McHale singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’.

15:45: Poems for the 96

Out of the tragedy that was Hillsborough, some incredibly emotive poetry emerged. Liverpool poet Roger McGough, Dave Kirby, Nicky Allt and others recite some of the most moving poems you’ll hear this year.

16:00: Kop Talkin: Hillsborough Special

Three supporters describe their own experiences on the day of the disaster; reflect on how they coped in the day and weeks that followed the tragedy and debate why the fight for justice is still so strong 20 years on.

17:00: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part Three

More members of the LFC family – current and former players and fans and family members - open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

17:15: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part 1

Another chance to watch our earlier edition of the show where members of the LFC family open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

17:30: A Song for Hillsborough

LFC TV goes behind the scenes at Elevator Studios in Liverpool for the recording of a new specially-commissioned version of ‘Fields of Anfield Road’. The Lord Mayor, Councillor Steve Rotherham, Kenny Dalglish and Phil Thompson all speak in studio about why they’re proud to be involved in the project

18:00: Hillsborough Memorial Service

Another chance to watch the Hillsborough Memorial Service from earlier in the day at Anfield.

19:00: Ray Houghton’s Class of 88-89

Former Liverpool star Ray Houghton reflects on the group of players who made the fateful trip to Hillsborough on April 15 and looks back on their season up to and after that fateful day.

20:00: Hillsborough: The Documentary

Another chance to watch the LFC TV’s hard-hitting Hillsborough documentary with contributions from the likes of Sheila Coleman, Phil Hammond, Neil Fitzmaurice, Peter Carney, Rogan Taylor, John Barnes and John Aldridge amongst others.

21:00: Parkhead 89: The Fans Story

Three fans – two supporting Liverpool, one supporting Celtic - recall the first match to take place after the Hillsborough disaster on an emotionally charged night in Glasgow.

22:00: Kop Talkin: Hillsborough Special

A repeat showing of this studio discussion for supporters who missed it earlier in the day due to attending the Memorial Service or work commitments.

23:00: Hillsborough Memorial Service

LFC TV’s free day of broadcasting ends with the service to remember the 96 supporters who never came home from a game of football.

LFC will be available to watch FREE online on this website, on Sky Channel 434 and Virgin Media Channel 544 on April 15.

Click here for details of how you can order the new single for Hillsborough, 'Fields of Anfield Road'>>
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #20: Apr 12, 2009 11:56:56 pm

Look mate, with such a touchy subject as the Hillsborough disaster is with Liverpool fans I don't think our thoughts that day should be anywhere near that scum. I personally won't even be thinking about watching them on that day, just doesn't seem right to me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #21: Apr 12, 2009 11:58:55 pm
      Just had a look on the Radio Times and that episode isn't listed I'm afraid mate.

I asked me mam to order it off lovefilm.com mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #22: Apr 13, 2009 12:18:17 am
      For anyone who missed Hillsborough Stories tonight, you can listen to it again on the iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jsnyy/Hillsborough_Stories/

Cheers mate, me and me dad are listening to it and finding it difficult.

Quick Reply