Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Hillsborough coverage on the TV

Read 19536 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Hillsborough coverage on the TV
      Apr 10, 2009 11:48:06 am
      Probably going to be quite a bit on the tele over the next week.

Saturday 11th April 2009

Football Focus on the BBC will be at Anfield.

Wednesday 15th April 2009

LFC.TV on Sky will be free to air, to those without Setanta subscriptions, and will feature a full day of programming about the event, including coverage of the 20th anniversary service at Anfield.

If  you don't have satellite TV you can also watch all their coverage online at the official site.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Hillsborough coverage on the TV
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2009 05:21:57 pm
      History Tv also have a documentary on at 8pm on the 15th.

ITV 3 are showing Jimmy McGovern's Hillsborough from 9pm to 11pm.

CityTalk 105.9 will have 1 hour features running Tuesday to Friday at 12pm.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2009 07:26:54 pm
      Saw the Hillsborough documentary advertised during the Chelsea game. Will have to take that as I don't finish work till 8.

Cheers JD.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2009 12:24:59 pm
      Pretty hard work watching this again on BBC 1 right now.

I really don't think I'm going to be able to watch the coverage this week, can't even imagine how it must be for the reds who were there that day.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2009 12:41:06 pm
      Brings it all back doesn't it.

YNWA
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2009 01:32:57 pm
      Just watched Football Focus on the BBC, wasn't born until the year after it happened but it really brought it home how horrific the event was. Was hard to watch at times.

RIP to all who lost their lives, condolences to everyone who lost loved ones.

Good luck for the rest of a the season and beating the mancscum to the title.

Marching on Together, You'll never walk alone!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2009 01:35:31 pm
      ^^^^

Cheers.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2009 04:27:44 pm
      Just showed The Kop singing YNWA before the game today and the following minutes silence on Final Score.

Had a bit of a weep im not ashamed to admit.

R.I.P The 96. You will NEVER be forgotten.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2009 09:24:38 pm
      I'm pleased it's got good coverage today, been on all the news items as one of the top stories.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2009 09:31:09 pm
      Agreed.  I've not seen the news, but I was watching the score interactive thingy on the BBC and they showed the singing of YNWA and the minutes silence about three times, and they were discussing it in the studio, so hopefully the word has spread a little wider, and one day, justice will be done for the 96.

YNWA

JFT96
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2009 09:31:50 pm
      I saw the mini documentary on Sky Sports News this morning and when them 2 blokes give an interview about being their it actually brought a tear to my eye, especially when one of them was getting upset. I wasn't born when it happened but i dont think it matters if you were born or not because you still really feel for the families etc.

I thought when Stevie gave his interview about his cousin too that he was going to get upset.

If anyone else saw the interviews with the 2 blokes did you notice them in the crowd? i thought it was really good touch when Sky Sports put the camera's on to them.

Will have to tape the TV coverage though on the 15th :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #11: Apr 12, 2009 12:52:48 am
      Does anybody know if Robbie Coltraine's Cracker will be shown at any point. Obviously the one that circles around the Hillsborough disaster, with Robert Carlyle as the main character.

And if it's not shown on the telly, anybody know where it's possible to view it?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Apr 12, 2009 06:25:19 pm
      7pm tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

Hillsborough Stories

Sunday 12 April
      7:00pm - 8:00pm
      BBC Radio Five Live

Kelly Cates presents the stories of people who were at Sheffield Wednesday's football ground 20 years ago. Including parents of children who were killed in the crush, survivors who will never forget, Liverpool players from the day, plus a rare interview with then Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish.

Does anybody know if Robbie Coltraine's Cracker will be shown at any point. Obviously the one that circles around the Hillsborough disaster, with Robert Carlyle as the main character.

And if it's not shown on the telly, anybody know where it's possible to view it?
      Just had a look on the Radio Times and that episode isn't listed I'm afraid mate.

MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Apr 12, 2009 07:04:54 pm
      7pm tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

Hillsborough Stories

Sunday 12 April
      7:00pm - 8:00pm
      BBC Radio Five Live

Kelly Cates presents the stories of people who were at Sheffield Wednesday's football ground 20 years ago. Including parents of children who were killed in the crush, survivors who will never forget, Liverpool players from the day, plus a rare interview with then Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish.

Thanks Kenny, just put it on.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Apr 12, 2009 07:34:43 pm
      God bless the Sarah and Victoria and the other 94.

Kenny Dalglish and Neil Fiztmaurice in this next half an hour.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Apr 12, 2009 07:55:05 pm
      God bless the Sarah and Victoria and the other 94.

Kenny Dalglish and Neil Fiztmaurice in this next half an hour.

To lose your two daughters at a football match must have been awful for Trevor Hicks and his wife, breaks your heart listening to the stories.

When John Aldridge spoke about the young lad who he promised to give his shirt to and look after him when he next came to Anfield, how gutted was he when they said they were turning off his life support machine, I broke down at that point.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2009 10:13:52 pm
      So wed night watch this on the History channel or watch the Mancs get knocked out of the champions league?

Its a win win situation for us.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Apr 12, 2009 10:24:34 pm
      For anyone who missed Hillsborough Stories tonight, you can listen to it again on the iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jsnyy/Hillsborough_Stories/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #18: Apr 12, 2009 11:01:21 pm
      So wed night watch this on the History channel or watch the Mancs get knocked out of the champions league?

There are replays I think on Thursday, not sure of the times though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Apr 12, 2009 11:54:26 pm
      Here is the full schedule for LFC TV’s Free Day on April 15

10:00: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part 1

Members of the LFC family – current and former players and fans and family members - open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

10:15: A Song for Hillsborough

LFC TV goes behind the scenes at Elevator Studios in Liverpool for the recording of a new specially-commissioned version of ‘Fields of Anfield Road’. Peter Hooton, Bruce Grobbelaar and John Power all speak in studio about why they’re proud to be involved in the project

10:45: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part 2

More members of the LFC family – current and former players and fans and family members - open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

11:00: Hillsborough: The Documentary

20 years on from the disaster that cost 96 Liverpool fans their lives, LFC TV remembers the saddest day in the club’s history with an updated version our hard-hitting Hillsborough documentary.

12:00: Cup Kings 1989

Ronnie Whelan (club captain in 1989), John Aldridge and radio commentator Graham Beecroft reflect on the road to Wembley for the most emotional cup final ever, including Hillsborough and the aftermath of the disaster back home on Merseyside.

14:30: Live: Hillsborough Memorial Service

Live and uninterrupted coverage from Anfield of the Hillsborough Memorial Service. The service will feature two choirs - the Choir of St Anne Stanley and the Liverpool Singing Choir - readings from Kenny Dalglish and Margaret Aspinall, Vice Chairperson of the Hillsborough Families Support Group and addresses from both the Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Councillor Steve Rotherham and Trevor Hicks, President of the HFSG. The service will conclude with Gerry Marsden and Neal McHale singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’.

15:45: Poems for the 96

Out of the tragedy that was Hillsborough, some incredibly emotive poetry emerged. Liverpool poet Roger McGough, Dave Kirby, Nicky Allt and others recite some of the most moving poems you’ll hear this year.

16:00: Kop Talkin: Hillsborough Special

Three supporters describe their own experiences on the day of the disaster; reflect on how they coped in the day and weeks that followed the tragedy and debate why the fight for justice is still so strong 20 years on.

17:00: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part Three

More members of the LFC family – current and former players and fans and family members - open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

17:15: What Hillsborough Means to Me - Part 1

Another chance to watch our earlier edition of the show where members of the LFC family open up about what the Hillsborough disaster means to them personally.

17:30: A Song for Hillsborough

LFC TV goes behind the scenes at Elevator Studios in Liverpool for the recording of a new specially-commissioned version of ‘Fields of Anfield Road’. The Lord Mayor, Councillor Steve Rotherham, Kenny Dalglish and Phil Thompson all speak in studio about why they’re proud to be involved in the project

18:00: Hillsborough Memorial Service

Another chance to watch the Hillsborough Memorial Service from earlier in the day at Anfield.

19:00: Ray Houghton’s Class of 88-89

Former Liverpool star Ray Houghton reflects on the group of players who made the fateful trip to Hillsborough on April 15 and looks back on their season up to and after that fateful day.

20:00: Hillsborough: The Documentary

Another chance to watch the LFC TV’s hard-hitting Hillsborough documentary with contributions from the likes of Sheila Coleman, Phil Hammond, Neil Fitzmaurice, Peter Carney, Rogan Taylor, John Barnes and John Aldridge amongst others.

21:00: Parkhead 89: The Fans Story

Three fans – two supporting Liverpool, one supporting Celtic - recall the first match to take place after the Hillsborough disaster on an emotionally charged night in Glasgow.

22:00: Kop Talkin: Hillsborough Special

A repeat showing of this studio discussion for supporters who missed it earlier in the day due to attending the Memorial Service or work commitments.

23:00: Hillsborough Memorial Service

LFC TV’s free day of broadcasting ends with the service to remember the 96 supporters who never came home from a game of football.

LFC will be available to watch FREE online on this website, on Sky Channel 434 and Virgin Media Channel 544 on April 15.

Click here for details of how you can order the new single for Hillsborough, 'Fields of Anfield Road'>>
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #20: Apr 12, 2009 11:56:56 pm

Look mate, with such a touchy subject as the Hillsborough disaster is with Liverpool fans I don't think our thoughts that day should be anywhere near that scum. I personally won't even be thinking about watching them on that day, just doesn't seem right to me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #21: Apr 12, 2009 11:58:55 pm
      Just had a look on the Radio Times and that episode isn't listed I'm afraid mate.

I asked me mam to order it off lovefilm.com mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #22: Apr 13, 2009 12:18:17 am
      For anyone who missed Hillsborough Stories tonight, you can listen to it again on the iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jsnyy/Hillsborough_Stories/

Cheers mate, me and me dad are listening to it and finding it difficult.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #23: Apr 13, 2009 12:26:59 am
      Cheers mate, me and me dad are listening to it and finding it difficult.

Know how you's feel mate. YNWA
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #24: Apr 13, 2009 01:06:52 am
      Was in floods of tears listening to 'Hillsborough Stories' on Five Live. I'm really not sure I'll be able to bring myself to watch any of the coverage on Wednesday.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #25: Apr 13, 2009 01:07:44 am
      Cheers for posting that Kenny mate, from me and me dad. I've read and heard millions of stories of the event, but hearing it from actual families like the Hicks brought it home even more. Like Neil Fitzmaurice said, my generation need to know about this and things on the telly and radio need to continue. We need to know about this and need to keep the fight going.

How can those coppers and press live with themselves? It sickens me hearing they sat there telling jokes and drinking cups of tea. And then, well we all know what the press wrote. Like Jenny Hicks said, it wasn't just that rag who wrote similar lies. How can they look at themselves in the mirror every morning knowing what they've done?

Justice for the 96.
      YNWA
      Never be forgotten.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #26: Apr 13, 2009 05:25:13 pm
      For those that missed the Football Focus special on Saturday, it is now on You Tube in seven parts.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtRs-3jQmf8&feature=channel#
      Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4NvFIDcdEM&feature=channel#
      Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXDeiDiA3R0&feature=channel#
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2009 05:49:54 pm by JD, Reason: Split videos up mate »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #28: Apr 13, 2009 05:50:11 pm
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: Apr 13, 2009 06:05:05 pm
      Cheers Huyton Red.

A recommended watch, although it does bring a lot back.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Apr 13, 2009 06:06:19 pm
      First of four documentaries each evening this week on Radio City, just started.

http://www.radiocity.co.uk/Default.asp?i=yes
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #31: Apr 13, 2009 06:21:28 pm
      The BBC Football Focus from Saturday can also be downloaded

143Mb

http://rawk.impulsed.net/20090411_Football_focus_Hillsborough_20th_Anniversary.wmv (Right click Save as...)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2009 08:26:49 pm
      Anyone watching "Hillsborough Remembered" on History Channel? It is tough watching! :( I've read books and reports on Hillsborough but seeing the pictures makes it so much harder to watch! :(
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2009 09:04:52 pm
      Anyone watching "Hillsborough Remembered" on History Channel? It is tough watching! :( I've read books and reports on Hillsborough but seeing the pictures makes it so much harder to watch! :(

Yeah mate just been watching and i was only 2 when it happened, i put myself in that crowd and it brought a tear to my eye watching it! There just arent words for that day, just no words

Those 96 shouldnt be in heaven and they definatley wont ever walk alone

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,216 posts | 2800 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34: Apr 15, 2009 09:22:56 pm
      Just watched the programme on the history channel with the missus. I knew what Id be seeing but still wept but she was devastated. Still so fresh and raw in the mind
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #35: Apr 15, 2009 10:02:35 pm
      i understand that most of the people on here are young fans. i am a lot older than most and would like to know why there was an MP in our ground, spouting on about what great fans we are and never explaining why Duckthefield is drawing a full pension for the last 20 years on ill health grounds. c**t and playing golf on the south coast and with my tax and why is there an MP in my ground talking sh*t? Telling our people we are great fans. We know that son.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #36: Apr 16, 2009 11:16:15 am
      i understand that most of the people on here are young fans. i am a lot older than most

Congratulations.

While there may be a lot of 'young fans', and I'd be interested in your definition of youth, that is understandable on the internet.  Considering there are two staff members on the forum in their forties, and three staff in our thirties, I fail to see why that point needed to be made in relation to Andy Burnham's appearance at the ground which I had already, in another thread, made mention of the foolishness in inviting him.

But at the end of the day, if the families of the victims were happy for him to be there - which I assume they will have known about - then as the day was in their honour then that was the way it was to be.

Anyway, this probably deserves to go in this thread.

If you know how to download torrents then both the Hillsborough service and Hillsborough documentary are available to download and both of them are pretty rapid at the moment.

Hillsborough Remembered (History Channel)
      300Mb
      http://thebox.bz/download.php/74099/Hillsborough%20Remembered.thebox.hannibal.avi.torrent

Hillsborough Service from Anfield (LFC.TV)
      1Gb
      http://thebox.bz/download.php/74061/Hillsborough%20Memorial%20Service%20%2815%20April%202009%29%5BWS%20PDTV%28Xvid%29%5DTiggzz.torrent
      Fowlers God
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 16, 2009 11:22:23 am
      Missed the History Channel Doc last night due to box reasons...

The media coverage has being very good to raise more awareness about what happened. I was only 6 when it happened but my brothers who were in their twenties when it happened brought me up as a Liverpool supporter to understand every part of our history more so what happened on the 15th April 1989, education about Hillsborough to my generation and younger ones is essential as there is so much bull out there that the truth about what really happened to the 96 brothers and sisters who died but many others who were psychologically and physically damaged by that day reasonates as we seen yesterday at the memorial service.

It showed the world, never forget but Justice of the 96 is what we all want and it was given in clear and in no certain terms to the Sports minister of the British Government...

YNWA
      JTF 96
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #38: Apr 16, 2009 11:50:37 am
      The media coverage has being very good to raise more awareness about what happened.

You're exactly right.  I thought ITV News last night did a great job as well.  The coverage, attendance at yesterday's game, everything was beyond my expectations.  Let's hope somebody somewhere does the right thing now to ensure that the vast majority of families can finally find peace.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #39: Apr 16, 2009 12:25:05 pm
      Saw some of the Livecoverage through the site (thanks JD) but then it froze for me and it was late 1:00 am here so I needed to go for a kip.

Going to watch a doco now "Hillsborough 20 years on" on the History channel for those of you in OZ that have foxtel or Austar it starts at 9:30 pm AEST.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #40: Apr 16, 2009 12:40:09 pm
      Watched Hillsborough Remembered on the History channel before Jimmy McGovern's Hillsborough on ITV3 and then watched Cracker - To Be A Somebody on DVD off lovefilm.com. I'd reccomend Cracker, although it's not as good as I thought it would be it's still a good watch.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Apr 16, 2009 01:49:09 pm
      Couldn't see it on the official site but have this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR2pYxsKp6s#
      Such a lovely video :'(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #42: Apr 16, 2009 03:55:15 pm
      Channel 4 News Report.

Jon Snow also interviewed Andy Burnham.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Sky's lack of coverage!
      Reply #43: Apr 15, 2010 06:37:02 pm
      I'm outraged by the lack of coverage from Sky etc. about today.  :f_steam:

I know letters don't do anything in reality, but we need to tell them how annoyed we are that they havn't really given any air time to remember the 96.  :(

What you guys think?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,216 posts | 2800 
      Re: Sky's lack of coverage!
      Reply #44: Apr 15, 2010 06:38:51 pm
      F**k them

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #45: Apr 15, 2010 06:43:13 pm

It's just really heartbreaking that they'd rather report about the mancs than remember the 96 people and their families who suffered on this day.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: Apr 15, 2010 06:43:28 pm
      As Bri said, F**k them. Let them keep pandering to the needs of the manc scum, we are always stronger even without there support.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Apr 15, 2010 06:45:09 pm
      Not one reference to Hillsborough and the memorial.

Nor from Sky either.

F**k off you cu*ts. If who wins a stupid individual award or tickets for a World Cup are more important than respect and decency towards 96 people who never returned home from a football game, then go right ahead, but F**k you's you disrespectful wankers.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #48: Apr 15, 2010 06:47:51 pm
      Unfortunately nothing new form those scumbags. C**nts.

JFT 96

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,216 posts | 2800 
      Reply #49: Apr 15, 2010 06:48:28 pm
      It's just really heartbreaking that they'd rather report about the mancs than remember the 96 people and their families who suffered on this day.

Mate its cos there nothing in it for them. Dont let it get to you today is a day for Liverpool and its fans we dont need sky making a circus out of it. F**k them again
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #50: Apr 15, 2010 06:59:38 pm
      F**k You Sky Faggots.

Atleast f***in Cares For the 96 Souls.
      daz07shiro
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 15, 2010 08:12:43 pm
      bunch of tossers.didnt even make the  7 oclock headlines.
      if that was the scum and a certain plane crash 1st story by miles
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #52: Apr 15, 2010 08:24:56 pm
      Don't particularly care what Sky do to be honest, this is about the 96 people who tragically lost their lives 21 years ago, their families, the fans and the club, as someone said earlier, we don't need Sky to highlight it, we all know the meaning of 15th April.

The coverage will be shown on Lfc Tv right now and also again at 10pm and there is also a programme on The History Channel tonight at 11pm.

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Apr 15, 2010 08:25:32 pm
      I wasn't really expecting anything until 25 years. 21 is an unimportant number for scum like SKY, it doesn't roll of the tongue, sadly, that is their view.

Don't ever believe from this point on that they care about the 96, they care about the money they can make off the back of it.

It is sick and wrong, but unfortunately not one bit suprising.

We do not need them making it into a circus, but yes, a little bit of couverage would have been nice, considering last year they devoted the whole day to it.

Tells you all you need to know really.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #54: Apr 15, 2010 08:37:14 pm
      I wasn't really expecting anything until 25 years. 21 is an unimportant number for scum like SKY, it doesn't roll of the tongue, sadly, that is their view.

Don't ever believe from this point on that they care about the 96, they care about the money they can make off the back of it.

It is sick and wrong, but unfortunately not one bit suprising.

We do not need them making it into a circus, but yes, a little bit of couverage would have been nice, considering last year they devoted the whole day to it.

Tells you all you need to know really.

Thats the thing though isn't it, after all the coverage last year with it being the 20th anniversary, you just knew there would hardly be any coverage, I haven't looked but I can imagine Granada and BBC North West had a little bit on it, can't be sure cos I haven't seen it, but for an hour or two afterwards there was still nothing on ITV news, BBC's News 24 or Sky News/SSN.

All too busy yapping on about volcanoes, ash, airports and debates!!

The coverage will be shown on Lfc Tv right now and also again at 10pm and there is also a programme on The History Channel tonight at 11pm.

Also at 8pm on LFCTV there is their own excellent Hillsborough documentary, remember watching it last year sat in silence with my brother, very moving programme.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #55: Apr 15, 2010 08:45:29 pm
      There was nothing on the regional news before the start of the service. Thought there would be, but nothing. Not watched it since after the service so can't comment.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #56: Apr 15, 2010 09:56:01 pm
      Typical
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: Apr 15, 2010 10:04:38 pm
      Fair enough, I can understand why people feel angered by the lack focus or coverage. Totally.

Personally I don't care though. For me, today is a day for thoughts about our fellow reds who sadly lost their lives and also thoughts of their families and friends. It's also a day to think of our fellow reds who survived the tragedy yet still carry the unjust guilt and heartache around with them to this day.

It's up to us to provide the coverage of this day and push for the truth, for every single other day of the year.

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #58: Apr 15, 2010 10:12:31 pm
      Fair enough, I can understand why people feel angered by the lack focus or coverage. Totally.

Personally I don't care though. For me, today is a day for thoughts about our fellow reds who sadly lost their lives and also thoughts of their families and friends. It's also a day to think of our fellow reds who survived the tragedy yet still carry the unjust guilt and heartache around with them to this day.

It's up to us to provide the coverage of this day and push for the truth, for every single other day of the year.

Ken agree mate.

But it took 20 years for tv to cover the memorial service, what happened to the previous 19 years ??
      It's no good spouting off now, when they have not given a flying F**k about it before !!!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #59: Apr 15, 2010 10:32:51 pm
      Sky is owned by Murdoch. The S*n is owned by Murdoch.

Is it really that surprising? It'd be suicide for Sky to broadcast "Don't buy the S*n".
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #60: Apr 15, 2010 11:22:20 pm
      Sky is owned by Murdoch. The S*n is owned by Murdoch.

But the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 & 5 arent....

all a bunch of wankers anyway, no respect for the 96 unless it improves their ratings
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,607 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #61: Apr 15, 2010 11:24:49 pm
      im lucky enough to have lfctv but what i would say is what matters is that we the fans educate ourselves educate our children keep remembering and keep pushing for justice
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,216 posts | 2800 
      Reply #62: Apr 15, 2010 11:35:39 pm
      im lucky enough to have lfctv but what I would say is what matters is that we the fans educate ourselves educate our children keep remembering and keep pushing for justice

Good post but I hope to God that by the time my son is old enough to understand that justice or at least the truth will be out
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,607 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Apr 15, 2010 11:39:44 pm
      True. It could be a long road though. We are fighting the largest media empire in england. Watching the tribute again now. Those photos are heartbreaking
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Apr 15, 2010 11:41:48 pm
      I recorded todays service but not watched it yet as I need to get the crap from work out of my system first.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,607 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Apr 15, 2010 11:45:55 pm
      I thought you werent going to crap on his desk. I love the bit were they sing down browns lap dog

Quick Reply