Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Hillsborough coverage on the TV

Read 19444 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Sky's lack of coverage!
      Reply #46: Apr 15, 2010 06:43:28 pm
      As Bri said, F**k them. Let them keep pandering to the needs of the manc scum, we are always stronger even without there support.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Apr 15, 2010 06:45:09 pm
      Not one reference to Hillsborough and the memorial.

Nor from Sky either.

F**k off you cu*ts. If who wins a stupid individual award or tickets for a World Cup are more important than respect and decency towards 96 people who never returned home from a football game, then go right ahead, but F**k you's you disrespectful wankers.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #48: Apr 15, 2010 06:47:51 pm
      Unfortunately nothing new form those scumbags. C**nts.

JFT 96

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Apr 15, 2010 06:48:28 pm
      It's just really heartbreaking that they'd rather report about the mancs than remember the 96 people and their families who suffered on this day.

Mate its cos there nothing in it for them. Dont let it get to you today is a day for Liverpool and its fans we dont need sky making a circus out of it. F**k them again
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #50: Apr 15, 2010 06:59:38 pm
      F**k You Sky Faggots.

Atleast f***in Cares For the 96 Souls.
      daz07shiro
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 15, 2010 08:12:43 pm
      bunch of tossers.didnt even make the  7 oclock headlines.
      if that was the scum and a certain plane crash 1st story by miles
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #52: Apr 15, 2010 08:24:56 pm
      Don't particularly care what Sky do to be honest, this is about the 96 people who tragically lost their lives 21 years ago, their families, the fans and the club, as someone said earlier, we don't need Sky to highlight it, we all know the meaning of 15th April.

The coverage will be shown on Lfc Tv right now and also again at 10pm and there is also a programme on The History Channel tonight at 11pm.

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Apr 15, 2010 08:25:32 pm
      I wasn't really expecting anything until 25 years. 21 is an unimportant number for scum like SKY, it doesn't roll of the tongue, sadly, that is their view.

Don't ever believe from this point on that they care about the 96, they care about the money they can make off the back of it.

It is sick and wrong, but unfortunately not one bit suprising.

We do not need them making it into a circus, but yes, a little bit of couverage would have been nice, considering last year they devoted the whole day to it.

Tells you all you need to know really.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #54: Apr 15, 2010 08:37:14 pm
      I wasn't really expecting anything until 25 years. 21 is an unimportant number for scum like SKY, it doesn't roll of the tongue, sadly, that is their view.

Don't ever believe from this point on that they care about the 96, they care about the money they can make off the back of it.

It is sick and wrong, but unfortunately not one bit suprising.

We do not need them making it into a circus, but yes, a little bit of couverage would have been nice, considering last year they devoted the whole day to it.

Tells you all you need to know really.

Thats the thing though isn't it, after all the coverage last year with it being the 20th anniversary, you just knew there would hardly be any coverage, I haven't looked but I can imagine Granada and BBC North West had a little bit on it, can't be sure cos I haven't seen it, but for an hour or two afterwards there was still nothing on ITV news, BBC's News 24 or Sky News/SSN.

All too busy yapping on about volcanoes, ash, airports and debates!!

The coverage will be shown on Lfc Tv right now and also again at 10pm and there is also a programme on The History Channel tonight at 11pm.

Also at 8pm on LFCTV there is their own excellent Hillsborough documentary, remember watching it last year sat in silence with my brother, very moving programme.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #55: Apr 15, 2010 08:45:29 pm
      There was nothing on the regional news before the start of the service. Thought there would be, but nothing. Not watched it since after the service so can't comment.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #56: Apr 15, 2010 09:56:01 pm
      Typical
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: Apr 15, 2010 10:04:38 pm
      Fair enough, I can understand why people feel angered by the lack focus or coverage. Totally.

Personally I don't care though. For me, today is a day for thoughts about our fellow reds who sadly lost their lives and also thoughts of their families and friends. It's also a day to think of our fellow reds who survived the tragedy yet still carry the unjust guilt and heartache around with them to this day.

It's up to us to provide the coverage of this day and push for the truth, for every single other day of the year.

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #58: Apr 15, 2010 10:12:31 pm
      Fair enough, I can understand why people feel angered by the lack focus or coverage. Totally.

Personally I don't care though. For me, today is a day for thoughts about our fellow reds who sadly lost their lives and also thoughts of their families and friends. It's also a day to think of our fellow reds who survived the tragedy yet still carry the unjust guilt and heartache around with them to this day.

It's up to us to provide the coverage of this day and push for the truth, for every single other day of the year.

Ken agree mate.

But it took 20 years for tv to cover the memorial service, what happened to the previous 19 years ??
      It's no good spouting off now, when they have not given a flying F**k about it before !!!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Hillsborough coverage on the TV
      Reply #59: Apr 15, 2010 10:32:51 pm
      Sky is owned by Murdoch. The S*n is owned by Murdoch.

Is it really that surprising? It'd be suicide for Sky to broadcast "Don't buy the S*n".
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #60: Apr 15, 2010 11:22:20 pm
      Sky is owned by Murdoch. The S*n is owned by Murdoch.

But the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 & 5 arent....

all a bunch of wankers anyway, no respect for the 96 unless it improves their ratings
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #61: Apr 15, 2010 11:24:49 pm
      im lucky enough to have lfctv but what i would say is what matters is that we the fans educate ourselves educate our children keep remembering and keep pushing for justice
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #62: Apr 15, 2010 11:35:39 pm
      im lucky enough to have lfctv but what I would say is what matters is that we the fans educate ourselves educate our children keep remembering and keep pushing for justice

Good post but I hope to God that by the time my son is old enough to understand that justice or at least the truth will be out
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Apr 15, 2010 11:39:44 pm
      True. It could be a long road though. We are fighting the largest media empire in england. Watching the tribute again now. Those photos are heartbreaking
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Apr 15, 2010 11:41:48 pm
      I recorded todays service but not watched it yet as I need to get the crap from work out of my system first.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Apr 15, 2010 11:45:55 pm
      I thought you werent going to crap on his desk. I love the bit were they sing down browns lap dog

Quick Reply