Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arsenal FA Cup Game - Truth Day Number 1

Read 23299 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Arsenal FA Cup Game - Truth Day Number 1
      Dec 29, 2006 04:11:33 pm
      The RTK campaign have designated this as Truth Day number 1.  15,000 flyers will be handed out before the game to fans (some of whom may not be aware of the campaign which has begun on numerous reds forums)

A copy of the banner is attached.

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Arsenal FA Cup Game - Truth Day Number 1
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2006 06:29:13 pm
      I sit in the lower cent., but they can count on me joining in.
      Good post mate.

JUSTICE 96.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2006 08:28:12 pm
      Lets hope some fan's realize what we are talking about.
      This is the link to the songs topic for the match
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1625.new.html#new
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #3: Jan 02, 2007 10:30:53 pm
      Typical, looks like Henry will be playing against us, he made his comeback match tonite v's Charlton.
      and scored   :-\
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2007 04:46:10 pm
      A flame is worth more than words, especially one that never goes out. Its there so we never forget, any half intelligent human being knows that.
      But obviously Kelvin Mackenzie has forgotton or doesnt know that. I would argue that to call this man a human being would be and insult to human beings, and to call him an animal is an insult to animals. This man is a facist racist peice of trash with a mediorce mind who thoughtlessly submits to prejudice and sterotypes without taking point and taking time to think about comments which would hurt others and insense the pride and memory of those who lost their lives. This mans non sensical ramblings have been hoarded through a reading media for too long to count. He has to have his say albeit from his own pumped up opion of himself, he does nothing to justify his arguements and produces no evidence to provide fact for any arguements. This goes the same for this periodical that so many of this country buy. I cant even bring myself to say this gutter press publications name, it just insenses me when I do. Saddam should have had a hanging partner when he was executed, in fact more that one hanging partner. But it would have been poetic justic if the first one in line at those gallows would have been Mackenzie.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

I cant make the game on Saturday but will be singing as loud as I can for the 96 all day while Im at work. I would urge every Liverpool fan all over the world to sing that day not just those at the match, sing and be proud and remember the 96, and sing and be loud with your disgust at Kelvin Mackenzie.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Jan 03, 2007 05:57:39 pm
      Typical, looks like Henry will be playing against us, he made his comeback match tonite v's Charlton.
      and scored   :-\

Said the same meself Tommo, bleeding typical !!  ;) ;D  Nothing we can't handle thought mate   ;)  BRING 'EM ON !!
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #6: Jan 04, 2007 02:01:24 am
      Ya, Henry played against Charlton and looked very fresh after his injury. Just hope Jamie and Sami/Dan can sniff him and Van Persie out on Saturday.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 05, 2007 12:34:27 pm
      Official backing from the club but.... (From LFC.tv)

Liverpool Football Club has given its backing to a planned 'Protest for Justice' prior to Saturday's FA Cup tie with Arsenal, but warned supporters that there are guidelines which must be adhered to.

On what has been declared another official Anfield Flagday, the club has agreed for a mosaic displaying the word 'TRUTH' to be held up on the Kop prior to kick-off.

There's bound to be a special atmosphere for the eagerly anticipated tie of the round and fans are being invited to make it an even more colourful occasion by bringing along their flags and banners.

Stadium Manager Ged Poynton hopes everyone attending the game will have an enjoyable time but is keen to stress that for everything to run smoothly certain regulations have to be respected.

He says: "In keeping with our previous policy of allowing flags and mosaics to be displayed inside Anfield, Liverpool Football Club have once again agreed for cards bearing the word 'TRUTH' to be held up on the Kop ahead of Saturday's FA Cup tie against Arsenal.

"We invite fans to bring their flags and make their point but must stress that, under the terms of the Ground Regulations and General Safety Certificate, the holding up of flags and cards after kick-off is strictly prohibited.

"Keep the spirit of LFC going by displaying your cards and banners between the playing of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and kick-off, but once the game is underway please put them down so everyone can enjoy the match.

"As one of the few clubs who allow official Flagdays and mosaics we trust you will respect the club's goodwill and adhere to these guidelines."

The Kop mosaic in question will be Red letters on a white background saying 'The Truth'.  It is anticipated that the mosaic will be held up for the first 6 minutes of the game. 

A 15ft banner at the front of the campaign will declare '6 minutes for the 96'. 

This will also be held aloft for the first 6 minutes of the match. 

If you are in the Kop for the Arsenal clash tomorrow - take your responsibilities to your club, your fellow reds and to the families of the 96 seriously and for 6 minutes of your life hold up your mosaic and sing your heart out for the reds. 

Then you can watch us batter Arsenal.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2007 12:45:18 pm by Jabba »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Jan 05, 2007 05:52:36 pm
      Good post, I'll be in the lower Cent. giving it all for the first 6 mins.
      JUSTICE 96.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Jan 05, 2007 11:21:54 pm
      Can't wait for tomorrow, starting to get FA cup fever !!  Hope Terry Henry wakes up with the flu in the morn  >:D  ;D ;D ;D
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Jan 06, 2007 06:48:26 pm
      Very impressed with the Justice chants and everything lads.  Great stuff done us all proud.

Bugger - Arsenal have just scored.  Good goal.  No complaints for that one. Come on reds.

I love Kuyt.  Come on Liverpool.  Let's get that 2nd - we've done well second half.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jan 06, 2007 07:32:58 pm
      Well, I feel sick to death to be honest. The chances and the possesion we had - we really should of put Arsenal in the grave before half time. But we rued our missed chances and Rosicky slammed in two good goals. First goal all's I could do was think - what a great goal. But come on Reds lets get back into it. But again, more than 5 minutes later Rosicky hit another shot outside the box. And what the fu*k was Dudek doing? Infact never mind what was Dudek doing. What the fu*k was the outfield players doing? There were 8 players. Yes 8. And Gerrard really should of got himself in the way to block the shot. But anyway, I thought to myself. We have been in more worse situations than this. Just like Istanbul - I had belief. Belief in the team to lift themselfs into AT LEAST earning a replay. Second half starts... come on reds I thought, we were muscling Arsenal out of every tackle, pass, cross. But the end product never really came. But as play went on I thought Bellamy should have come on. It wasn't to be, Aurelio came on. To be honest I don't know what Rafa see's in Fabio. He's decent. But it never really changed anything. It was becoming scrappy and we couldn't seem to get the ball into a postion to attack Arsenal. It was like Deja vu. From the first half. But we got a corner. Yes come on boys here's a chance. Great cross from Pennant, and I mean great cross. Crouch seemed to head it into the wrong postion but Kuyt was there. Thank you Dirk. NOW F'UC'KING COME ON. We seemed to go from strength to strength after the goal. But again - my argument about Aurelio still stood. He clearly should have equalized for us. Seemed like he should of nestled that into the back of the net. But he didn't... tw*t. I got to thinking if Rafa isn't going to play Bellers because he's not 100%. Why even put him on the bench? We had Fowler as a 'fantastic' option. That was baffling. Garcia was absolutely atrocious today. One of the poorest performances he has ever had. He is a love hate player. And tonight I thought he should of come off for Gonzo. Not bloody Aurelio on for Riise. But when everything seemed like it was going well. And that we could of pushed on to get that vital goal. Henry got the better of Carra and he hit an almost. Weak shot. It went in. sh*t, it's all over. Its like the Benfica game all over again.
      Tonight Dudek started which I was optimistic at the start about Rafa's decision but I thought he hardly put any effort in today. If you just watch the second and third goal scored by the Gunners it is clearly seen as did he have any determination to save the shots at all?
      Christ. We are out of the FA Cup. The holders - out. It hasn't sunk in yet. But all's I am focussing on is the Champions League now.
      Tonight we missed pace upfront. Bellers should of come on. And we miss Sissoko. Everytime we attacked we had no one back that can break down the play. We miss that in Sissoko. And if there is anyone that should be dropped onto the bench when Momo comes back it should be Alonso. Just for a while - see how it goes...
      But anyway if all these rumors about Henry coming to Liverpool I hope they are true. He's the complete player. And he did show the difference in that Arsenal side tonight.
      On a more positive note. RTK. Yes I think we've Reclaimed the Kop now. The Fans we're brilliant. Any of you Reds that went tonight and sung your hearts out I give you a round of applause.
      But anyway, lets see if we can get any revenge on these pricks in 3 days time.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2007 07:37:29 pm by Court_LFC »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #12: Jan 06, 2007 07:58:44 pm
      Liverpool were pathetic tonight, im fed up with us only ever showing any urgency in our game when we go 2 goals down and the games slipping away, why the F**k don't we play with urgency from the start? why did benitez do a straight swap with aurelio and riise? whats that meant to achieve it's not changing the tactics is it, crouch should of been off for bellers at half time when it was clear we needed some pace to get past the arsenal defence. what the F**k was dudek doing for the 2nd and 3rd goals, the defence didnt help him out but the 2nd he should have been on his line there was no cross coming in was there he looked like he didnt care. and if bellers was not played because he wasnt 100% why was he on the bench? we could have had fowler on the bench instead. We had all the possesion in the 2nd half and we didn't use it, why the F**k don't we ever win against the big sides, im F***ing pissed off with it, this team need to buck their ideas up.

on a lighter note, the fans were brilliant tonight, the campaign was brilliant, lets keep this going for the rest of the season.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Jan 06, 2007 08:35:55 pm
      Liverpool were pathetic tonight, im fed up with us only ever showing any urgency in our game when we go 2 goals down and the games slipping away, why the fu*k don't we play with urgency from the start? why did benitez do a straight swap with aurelio and riise? whats that meant to achieve it's not changing the tactics is it, crouch should of been off for bellers at half time when it was clear we needed some pace to get past the arsenal defence. what the fu*k was dudek doing for the 2nd and 3rd goals, the defence didnt help him out but the 2nd he should have been on his line there was no cross coming in was there he looked like he didnt care. and if bellers was not played because he wasnt 100% why was he on the bench? we could have had fowler on the bench instead. We had all the possesion in the 2nd half and we didn't use it, why the fu*k don't we ever win against the big sides, im f***ing pissed off with it, this team need to buck their ideas up.

on a lighter note, the fans were brilliant tonight, the campaign was brilliant, lets keep this going for the rest of the season.
      Completly agree, but anyway we need to get our heads up for the next matches.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: Jan 06, 2007 09:57:01 pm
      Just got home and well pissed off i can tell you, we should of nailed that in the first half, we played most of it in their half and looked promising then they score a goal and it all fell apart,   Bellers should of been brought on for his pace alone, i was sitting in the paddock tonight and he was warming up in front of us for all the second half, he was itching to get on.  Anyway, gutted with the result at home, cant remember the last time i saw the reds beat at home     :(  also pissed off with the amount of so-called 'fans' leaving the stadium at 84 mins, grrrrr  >:D..... and well done to all those that supported the RTK and joined in with all the chanting it was brilliant, united we stand.  By the way, did they show much of the protest on the TV ?  It was really well supported and went off perfectly, i was wondering cos the camera was behind me and he had it pointed at the Annie Rd end when i looked - cowardly b***ard !!   ;)  Well on to the Champs League now folks, bring Barca on, we can do this  ;D 
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #15: Jan 06, 2007 10:00:20 pm
      Just got home and well pissed off I can tell you, we should of nailed that in the first half, we played most of it in their half and looked promising then they score a goal and it all fell apart,   Bellers should of been brought on for his pace alone, I was sitting in the paddock tonight and he was warming up in front of us for all the second half, he was itching to get on.  Anyway, gutted with the result at home, cant remember the last time I saw the reds beat at home     :(  also pissed off with the amount of so-called 'fans' leaving the stadium at 84 mins, grrrrr  >:D..... and well done to all those that supported the RTK and joined in with all the chanting it was brilliant, united we stand.  By the way, did they show much of the protest on the TV ?  It was really well supported and went off perfectly, I was wondering cos the camera was behind me and he had it pointed at the Annie Rd end when I looked - cowardly b***ard !!   ;)  Well on to the Champs League now folks, bring Barca on, we can do this  ;D 
      the protest got a bit of coverage, but when it wasnt gettin shown you could hear it!!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #16: Jan 06, 2007 10:02:39 pm
      Good effort from the crowd tonite barring those three sat in front of me.

I sit in the lower cent., and have done for the past 18 years (so you kinda get to know the people around you), in front of me tonite were obviously a family of three at there first game. (how do these get tickets??) They never once stood up for the Justice chants / songs, never joined in any singing / encouragement and the lad (mid / late teens) all he wanted to do was take photo's at every opportunity and if the action came close, kept waving in case the camera was on him.
      I know some of you my be critical of my comment, but I for one know all about what happened at Hillsborough, and I am lucky to here today, so I was highly charged for this match today.
      Why go to this match, if your not going to make an effort in joining in with the protest ? - I find them an insult to all involved at LFC. These people are probably part of what Roy Keane raged at ther other year - prawn sarnies brigade.

Rant over, all those of you in the Kop tonite - thanks you me proud, those 6 minutes will stay with me for ever and the cheer afterwards sent a chill through my body.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Jan 06, 2007 10:09:05 pm
      Tommo you sh

I sit in the lower cent., and have done for the past 18 years (so you kinda get to know the people around you), in front of me tonite were obviously a family of three at there first game. (how do these get tickets??) They never once stood up for the Justice chants / songs, never joined in any singing / encouragement and the lad (mid / late teens) all he wanted to do was take photo's at every opportunity and if the action came close, kept waving in case the camera was on him.
      I know some of you my be critical of my comment, but I for one know all about what happened at Hillsborough, and I am lucky to here today, so I was highly charged for this match today.
      Why go to this match, if your not going to make an effort in joining in with the protest ? - I find them an insult to all involved at LFC. These people are probably part of what Roy Keane raged at ther other year - prawn sarnies brigade.

Rant over, all those of you in the Kop tonite - thanks you me proud, those 6 minutes will stay with me for ever and the cheer afterwards sent a chill through my body.

Tommo, should of just smacked them round the back of the head and said "Hey - do you realise just whats going on here tonight ?"  I bet you they never had a clue !  I'll tell you something though, i was proud to be a scouser and a Red tonight   ;) ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #18: Jan 06, 2007 10:12:59 pm
      something else that pissed me off tonight... Ian Wright! he's on thee panel they are meant to be neutral he's banging on about how good the arse were, bias about every debate! on the pen for example, he's looking for it so it's not a pen, he's a F***ing bald pr**k! JUST KEEP YOUR f***in MOUTH SHUT CAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHIN TO SAY THATS WORTH LISTENING TO YOU F***ing c**t!!!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #19: Jan 06, 2007 10:16:44 pm

Tommo, should of just smacked them round the back of the head and said "Hey - do you realise just whats going on here tonight ?"  I bet you they never had a clue !  I'll tell you something though, I was proud to be a scouser and a Red tonight   ;) ;D

Your right smiggs, but like I said I was highly charged and would still be ranting now. (or prob. be in a cell and banned)
      They hadn't a clue what was going on in the match, let alone the protest.

Forgot to mention, a big well done to the crowd in applauding Henry off when he was sub'd. - This is what makes Liverpool special. (barring the 3 in front of me obviously)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #20: Jan 06, 2007 10:20:08 pm

Forgot to mention, a big well done to the crowd in applauding Henry off when he was sub'd. - This is what makes Liverpool special. (barring the 3 in front of me obviously)

Think we was showing him how welcome he'd be at Anfield  ;) ;D
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 06, 2007 10:22:29 pm
      We were n't as clinical as Arsenal, simple as!

Kuyt was sensational again, Pennant can't beat a man, Riise kept being caught out of position.
      Better performance in the second half but did n't create enough.

Sorry boys we need to add this month big style.

>:( >:( >:(
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Jan 06, 2007 10:24:33 pm

No no. You're spot on there mate. How do these people get the tickets?? I find it hard to get bloody tickets myself.

Think we was showing him how welcome he'd be at Anfield  ;) ;D
      Yeah, and how much I'd LOVEEE to see him in a Liverpool SHIRT!!!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #23: Jan 06, 2007 11:20:11 pm
      What an atmosphere tonight,thats how it should be every match,henry and wenger both praised the fans,"we couldnt hear each other"(henry)I/we respect the lfc fans,they were great(wenger)shame the reds didnt back us up tonight,arsenal had 3 chances and took them all.Same old story for us.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Jan 06, 2007 11:56:30 pm
      I'm just soo pissed off that we can't hit it off against the Premierships biggest guns!!

We've got the quality why can't we use it?
      SCHOLES18
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 07, 2007 01:08:36 am
      I'm just soo pissed off that we can't hit it off against the Premierships biggest guns!!

We've got the quality why can't we use it?

HAHAHAHAHA 3-1 and your right. Watch out united are coming next o and btw 2-0 from old trafford hahaha!!!
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #26: Jan 07, 2007 07:45:56 am
      HAHAHAHAHA 3-1 and your right. Watch out united are coming next o and btw 2-0 from old trafford hahaha!!!

i dont think so mate and whats this a manchester united supporter who can type, who would have thought it!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #27: Jan 07, 2007 08:37:18 am
      I'm so pissed off, 1st let me say i thou rt the fans were great, the singing was just brill, but and here comes the but, why did we rest are goaly, there not run off the park not like the outfield plays, most off the time he has nothing to do, the 1st goal was a great one, but the other 2 sorry to say the goaly sould have had them, yes its right the shots should have not got anyway near the goal, don't know what the outfield plays were doing, but they did and those kind of shots the goaly should save day in day out.
      but with saying all that we must have had 70% of the play but we cant put the ball in the net, with the service the strikers get they should be up the with the top goal scores, are the rest of are game is great, but up against top teams we can not put the ball in the net, we do need a top goal man.
      i will be there on Tuesday i hope from the bottom of my heart we win that one
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Our defence & Dudek
      Reply #28: Jan 07, 2007 11:31:21 am
      Yesterday i watched the whole match... and was very pissed off with the end result but somehow saw it comming.
      Before Arsenal scored i had a bad feeling that they would penertrate our defence and they did 3 times.
      Our defence was at its worse it has been at this season.

1st goal Riise was in a good position and then he gave the ball away.. Riise has been a weak link this season but Rafa has failed to drop him.. anyway Riise got done by a 1 2 by Rosicky & Hleb and thats when Rosicky scored.

2nd goal was stupid, how many defenders did we have around them and how many closed them down?.. none. F**k knows what Finnan was doing i think they were expecting Arsenal to thread a ball through but still at least ONE man could of closed him down... also Dudek could if saved that with ease.

3rd goal was Carraghers fault.. still time in the match left to put it out for a throw on but instead he got robbed and Agger showed Henry his right foot which is one of the best right foots in the world and we paid big time for it, we paid our trophy for it. Again Dudek went down slower than the titanic sunk for that shot. Why rest Reina? Dudek dont have bad games... he's just crap!

My most respect goes to Kuyt for working exremley hard.. more players like him we need.. Alonso as he made twenty 80 yard acurate passes how does he do it and most of all the fans.. they were great and our defence let them down big time.

Skysports stats

Possesion - Liverpool 61 % 39 Arsenal
      Shots - Liverpool 11 - 4 Arsenal
      On Target - Liverpool 2 - 4 Arsenal
      Corners - Liverpool 10 - 2 Arsenal
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #29: Jan 07, 2007 11:57:22 am
      I know some of you my be critical of my comment

Not at all mate.  You're completely bang on. I couldn't get a ticket for the game and I would have loved to have been there - it was a much better effort from the crowd than of late (at least that's how it appeared on TV).  Arsenal are a decent side with real quality individuals - all season we have struggled to really make the most of our possession and dominance and last night was another prime example.  I don't hold out too much hope for Tuesday tbh. 

Good post tho Tommo.
      Cy
      Reply #30: Jan 07, 2007 02:34:22 pm
      Let's get real here..We didnt played badly at all! what we missed is a clinical finish and clinical pass in the last 20 yards. We lost only because Arsenal finished well the only three opportunities they had.

The first goal is class, great finish even if i though Dudek should have been close to his line, scoring from the distance was the only realistic chances for Arsenal. The second goal was the killer, yes maybe we should have closing him down more, but Dudek again is at fault there he should have seen that coming and his attitude after conceided that goal show it all (face on the grass, knowing that this one was his).

we were in control and except a few exceptions (Luis, Dudek) the squad played solid, The big one missing for me was MOMO, as to blame aurelio to not score on his volley, well, that is a bit harsh, he could have done better but volley is not the easiest technical thing to do! and beside we shouldn't have to wait for that play to score, we should have score before.

Looks to me that some here only repeat what the BBC untalented commentator have been said ( we needed pace to play behind the back four of Arsenal, ect..) rubbish! nearly everytime we played the ball for Crouch in the air he got it, all we needed was some patience, but we played in my opinion to "rushy"..

Second half we were all over them, Henry got lucky to get the ball (and he certainely not muscled the ball of CARRA like the pundits mentionned, CARRA gave him the ball!!) As soon as henry got it on his favorite side it was only one way to go (Although his finish wasn't brilliant, it was enought to score).

In all, a poor goalkeeping, impatient in front of the goal and the second goal of Rosinsky (excuse the spelling) are to blame, certainely not RAFA tactics or the attitude of the lads.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Jan 07, 2007 03:07:06 pm
      Well done to all who took part last night. I couldn't get to the game but I still felt all the emotion and pride at home!!!! As mentioned above - to all who were there, if the camera wasn't showing the crowd, you could certainly be heared!! BRILLIANT!!!!

As for the game. I was quite surprised Dudek was in for Pepe. Maybe it was to put him in the shop window or to give Pepe a rest (which is odd for a goalie) but either way, it FAILED!
      Surely he could have put more of an effort in for the second and third goals. Riise should have been more awake for the first as well. For good parts of the game it looked like we had control but then we just couldn't punish them - which has been the case in a good number of games this season hasn't it.. Arsenal were good defensively so I was surprised Bellamy didn't make an appearence to get in behind them and create space when we were putting them under a lot of pressure, after the hard working Kuyt got us back in it.
      We really have to be more urgent from the start, keep the pressure on the opposition in our half when we haven't got the ball and keep it consitant. And certain players losing the ball cheaply has to be knocked in the head!!! Not good enough if you want to beat top teams.

Oh and the manc - do you feel the need to get a word in because you's will always be jealous of and dwaffed by how great Liverpool Football Club is? Bless...
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2007 03:34:28 pm
      I was at the game last night and WHAT an atmosphere....took my old 6 year old daughter to her first game and what a game to start with. The 6 mins at the beginning took my breath away as the entire stadium joined together...what a noise!

The game itself was frustrating and as has been previously posted couldn't understand Dudek's inclusion.......and Bellamy should have been thrown on too. At least we have a chance to get some quick revenge...and I prefer Cardiff anyway  ;)

(and as I write Baros has just scored the equaliser against the Mancs..get in!)
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 03:36:09 pm by molby86 »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2007 06:15:11 pm
      More on the Man Utd game 4 added minutes? There shouldn't have been ONE added minute!
      The 3rd official was bang out of order.
      I hope Arsenal get Man Utd and smash them out the competition!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2007 08:00:25 pm
      For anyone who missed the BBC coverage then this 10 minute video clip covers just before kick-off and the first 6 minutes of the game.

We have decided to include it on the website for future reference, fans who may stumble across it in weeks, months and years to come etc, and we have added a brief description.  If anyone thinks we need to add any other links then let me know.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/features/video/truthdaynumberone.html

Some pictures from yesterday's display.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2007 08:02:12 pm
      And...
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 08:03:28 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2007 08:19:25 pm
      Thanks JD, it's the first time I've seen it from TV coverage.
      Special mention to John Motson, at least had the guts not to ignore it and informed people of the reasons why.
      Special night, special atmosphere - just wrong result.

JUSTICE 96
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2007 08:35:33 pm
      I just wanted to share an email we received this afternoon (we get tons of this usually - any offers of secretarial service would be gratefully accepted - swedish, blond, etc etc ;) ).

The author left us no email address for us to reply directly so I thought I would be best replying in here in case the originator of the message reads the forum.

"Dear Anfield Online.

Where I do support the right of protest before,after and at half time I do feel the Truth protest yesterday  was at best misguided and at worst detrimental to not only the cause,but to my mind the chances of the Reds beating Arsenal yesterday.

Please can you use your influence to advise any future protest is kept well away from the 90 mins playing time.Those first 6 minutes should have been terrifying for Arsenal and inspiring for our lads and they were neither.

The fans where fantastic when behind the team but too much of the first half was about "justice".I do hope "Justice" is not really "compensation" in disguise.

Hillsborough was,like Heysel a tragedy, but I feel the genuine sympathy of all supporters may be being hijacked to obtain financial gain.There was blatantly no one cause for the death of the 96 and to pretend otherwise is to be dissingenuous.After a public inquiry, refusal of another, and failed private prossecutions surely enough is enough. 
        "

Firstly, I am making the assumption that this is your honest opinion and that you are a Liverpool supporter.

Secondly you failed to completely understand the main purpose of yesterday's protest.  The protest was organised based on the fact the match would be covered by the BBC on live TV.  Before Christmas Kelvin McKenzie re-opened old wounds by claiming that his original assertion 18 years ago - that Liverpool fans were to blame entirely for the cause of the disaster (along with other more distateful comments) - was still true.  He said this at a speaking engagement for which he receives many of thousands of pounds.  He was within weeks if not days then hired by the BBC for a Christmas special programme.  One of the aims of this protest was to expose the national broadcaster, who most (not all ;) Liverpool fans contribute over £120 a year to in the form of a licence fee.

The families of the Hillsborough 96 have blatantly not received justice and the reporting of this event back in 1989 by the likes of The S*n newspaper have allowed a distortion in the minds of the general public.  You mention 'compensation'.  What could possibly compensate for the loss of a loved one?  Yesterday's protest was about the truth.  I don't understand where you get the whole area of financial gain from?

The protest achieved it's aims of highlighting the issue to a national audience and John Motson did a great public service expressing the reasons behind the protest.  Maybe you should have another look at what he said?
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/features/video/truthdaynumberone.html

On reflection, I sincerely hope this was a wind up and you are not a Liverpool fan.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 08:39:22 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2007 08:47:38 pm
      What a complete pr**k.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2007 09:12:00 pm
      What a w*nker !!  Sorry guys, couldnt help that !  Another no- mark talking through his/her arse who hasnt got the foggiest what all this is about .  >:D  No wonder there was no return address.

Top marks to John Motson for that coverage, just watched it to see it from the camera's view, couldnt see it properly last night as i was side on to it, it was brilliant.  And as said on the video notes, Mark Lawrenson - hang your head in shame, typical of him, just buries his head in the sand and hopes it will go away, what a knobhead !  >:(
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #40: Jan 08, 2007 09:59:53 am
      Just watched the video coverage as I was at the game. Brilliant - that must have sent a message loud and clear to the watching nation.

John Motson got it spot on and its not often that can be said about press coverage of our club. Lawrenson is a lost cause.

Justice for the 96

Quick Reply