Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arsenal FA Cup Game - Truth Day Number 1

Read 23302 times
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Arsenal FA Cup Game - Truth Day Number 1
      Reply #23: Jan 06, 2007 11:20:11 pm
      What an atmosphere tonight,thats how it should be every match,henry and wenger both praised the fans,"we couldnt hear each other"(henry)I/we respect the lfc fans,they were great(wenger)shame the reds didnt back us up tonight,arsenal had 3 chances and took them all.Same old story for us.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Jan 06, 2007 11:56:30 pm
      I'm just soo pissed off that we can't hit it off against the Premierships biggest guns!!

We've got the quality why can't we use it?
      SCHOLES18
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 07, 2007 01:08:36 am
      I'm just soo pissed off that we can't hit it off against the Premierships biggest guns!!

We've got the quality why can't we use it?

HAHAHAHAHA 3-1 and your right. Watch out united are coming next o and btw 2-0 from old trafford hahaha!!!
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #26: Jan 07, 2007 07:45:56 am
      HAHAHAHAHA 3-1 and your right. Watch out united are coming next o and btw 2-0 from old trafford hahaha!!!

i dont think so mate and whats this a manchester united supporter who can type, who would have thought it!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #27: Jan 07, 2007 08:37:18 am
      I'm so pissed off, 1st let me say i thou rt the fans were great, the singing was just brill, but and here comes the but, why did we rest are goaly, there not run off the park not like the outfield plays, most off the time he has nothing to do, the 1st goal was a great one, but the other 2 sorry to say the goaly sould have had them, yes its right the shots should have not got anyway near the goal, don't know what the outfield plays were doing, but they did and those kind of shots the goaly should save day in day out.
      but with saying all that we must have had 70% of the play but we cant put the ball in the net, with the service the strikers get they should be up the with the top goal scores, are the rest of are game is great, but up against top teams we can not put the ball in the net, we do need a top goal man.
      i will be there on Tuesday i hope from the bottom of my heart we win that one
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Our defence & Dudek
      Reply #28: Jan 07, 2007 11:31:21 am
      Yesterday i watched the whole match... and was very pissed off with the end result but somehow saw it comming.
      Before Arsenal scored i had a bad feeling that they would penertrate our defence and they did 3 times.
      Our defence was at its worse it has been at this season.

1st goal Riise was in a good position and then he gave the ball away.. Riise has been a weak link this season but Rafa has failed to drop him.. anyway Riise got done by a 1 2 by Rosicky & Hleb and thats when Rosicky scored.

2nd goal was stupid, how many defenders did we have around them and how many closed them down?.. none. F**k knows what Finnan was doing i think they were expecting Arsenal to thread a ball through but still at least ONE man could of closed him down... also Dudek could if saved that with ease.

3rd goal was Carraghers fault.. still time in the match left to put it out for a throw on but instead he got robbed and Agger showed Henry his right foot which is one of the best right foots in the world and we paid big time for it, we paid our trophy for it. Again Dudek went down slower than the titanic sunk for that shot. Why rest Reina? Dudek dont have bad games... he's just crap!

My most respect goes to Kuyt for working exremley hard.. more players like him we need.. Alonso as he made twenty 80 yard acurate passes how does he do it and most of all the fans.. they were great and our defence let them down big time.

Skysports stats

Possesion - Liverpool 61 % 39 Arsenal
      Shots - Liverpool 11 - 4 Arsenal
      On Target - Liverpool 2 - 4 Arsenal
      Corners - Liverpool 10 - 2 Arsenal
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #29: Jan 07, 2007 11:57:22 am
      I know some of you my be critical of my comment

Not at all mate.  You're completely bang on. I couldn't get a ticket for the game and I would have loved to have been there - it was a much better effort from the crowd than of late (at least that's how it appeared on TV).  Arsenal are a decent side with real quality individuals - all season we have struggled to really make the most of our possession and dominance and last night was another prime example.  I don't hold out too much hope for Tuesday tbh. 

Good post tho Tommo.
      Cy
      Reply #30: Jan 07, 2007 02:34:22 pm
      Let's get real here..We didnt played badly at all! what we missed is a clinical finish and clinical pass in the last 20 yards. We lost only because Arsenal finished well the only three opportunities they had.

The first goal is class, great finish even if i though Dudek should have been close to his line, scoring from the distance was the only realistic chances for Arsenal. The second goal was the killer, yes maybe we should have closing him down more, but Dudek again is at fault there he should have seen that coming and his attitude after conceided that goal show it all (face on the grass, knowing that this one was his).

we were in control and except a few exceptions (Luis, Dudek) the squad played solid, The big one missing for me was MOMO, as to blame aurelio to not score on his volley, well, that is a bit harsh, he could have done better but volley is not the easiest technical thing to do! and beside we shouldn't have to wait for that play to score, we should have score before.

Looks to me that some here only repeat what the BBC untalented commentator have been said ( we needed pace to play behind the back four of Arsenal, ect..) rubbish! nearly everytime we played the ball for Crouch in the air he got it, all we needed was some patience, but we played in my opinion to "rushy"..

Second half we were all over them, Henry got lucky to get the ball (and he certainely not muscled the ball of CARRA like the pundits mentionned, CARRA gave him the ball!!) As soon as henry got it on his favorite side it was only one way to go (Although his finish wasn't brilliant, it was enought to score).

In all, a poor goalkeeping, impatient in front of the goal and the second goal of Rosinsky (excuse the spelling) are to blame, certainely not RAFA tactics or the attitude of the lads.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Jan 07, 2007 03:07:06 pm
      Well done to all who took part last night. I couldn't get to the game but I still felt all the emotion and pride at home!!!! As mentioned above - to all who were there, if the camera wasn't showing the crowd, you could certainly be heared!! BRILLIANT!!!!

As for the game. I was quite surprised Dudek was in for Pepe. Maybe it was to put him in the shop window or to give Pepe a rest (which is odd for a goalie) but either way, it FAILED!
      Surely he could have put more of an effort in for the second and third goals. Riise should have been more awake for the first as well. For good parts of the game it looked like we had control but then we just couldn't punish them - which has been the case in a good number of games this season hasn't it.. Arsenal were good defensively so I was surprised Bellamy didn't make an appearence to get in behind them and create space when we were putting them under a lot of pressure, after the hard working Kuyt got us back in it.
      We really have to be more urgent from the start, keep the pressure on the opposition in our half when we haven't got the ball and keep it consitant. And certain players losing the ball cheaply has to be knocked in the head!!! Not good enough if you want to beat top teams.

Oh and the manc - do you feel the need to get a word in because you's will always be jealous of and dwaffed by how great Liverpool Football Club is? Bless...
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2007 03:34:28 pm
      I was at the game last night and WHAT an atmosphere....took my old 6 year old daughter to her first game and what a game to start with. The 6 mins at the beginning took my breath away as the entire stadium joined together...what a noise!

The game itself was frustrating and as has been previously posted couldn't understand Dudek's inclusion.......and Bellamy should have been thrown on too. At least we have a chance to get some quick revenge...and I prefer Cardiff anyway  ;)

(and as I write Baros has just scored the equaliser against the Mancs..get in!)
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 03:36:09 pm by molby86 »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2007 06:15:11 pm
      More on the Man Utd game 4 added minutes? There shouldn't have been ONE added minute!
      The 3rd official was bang out of order.
      I hope Arsenal get Man Utd and smash them out the competition!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2007 08:00:25 pm
      For anyone who missed the BBC coverage then this 10 minute video clip covers just before kick-off and the first 6 minutes of the game.

We have decided to include it on the website for future reference, fans who may stumble across it in weeks, months and years to come etc, and we have added a brief description.  If anyone thinks we need to add any other links then let me know.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/features/video/truthdaynumberone.html

Some pictures from yesterday's display.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2007 08:02:12 pm
      And...
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 08:03:28 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2007 08:19:25 pm
      Thanks JD, it's the first time I've seen it from TV coverage.
      Special mention to John Motson, at least had the guts not to ignore it and informed people of the reasons why.
      Special night, special atmosphere - just wrong result.

JUSTICE 96
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2007 08:35:33 pm
      I just wanted to share an email we received this afternoon (we get tons of this usually - any offers of secretarial service would be gratefully accepted - swedish, blond, etc etc ;) ).

The author left us no email address for us to reply directly so I thought I would be best replying in here in case the originator of the message reads the forum.

"Dear Anfield Online.

Where I do support the right of protest before,after and at half time I do feel the Truth protest yesterday  was at best misguided and at worst detrimental to not only the cause,but to my mind the chances of the Reds beating Arsenal yesterday.

Please can you use your influence to advise any future protest is kept well away from the 90 mins playing time.Those first 6 minutes should have been terrifying for Arsenal and inspiring for our lads and they were neither.

The fans where fantastic when behind the team but too much of the first half was about "justice".I do hope "Justice" is not really "compensation" in disguise.

Hillsborough was,like Heysel a tragedy, but I feel the genuine sympathy of all supporters may be being hijacked to obtain financial gain.There was blatantly no one cause for the death of the 96 and to pretend otherwise is to be dissingenuous.After a public inquiry, refusal of another, and failed private prossecutions surely enough is enough. 
        "

Firstly, I am making the assumption that this is your honest opinion and that you are a Liverpool supporter.

Secondly you failed to completely understand the main purpose of yesterday's protest.  The protest was organised based on the fact the match would be covered by the BBC on live TV.  Before Christmas Kelvin McKenzie re-opened old wounds by claiming that his original assertion 18 years ago - that Liverpool fans were to blame entirely for the cause of the disaster (along with other more distateful comments) - was still true.  He said this at a speaking engagement for which he receives many of thousands of pounds.  He was within weeks if not days then hired by the BBC for a Christmas special programme.  One of the aims of this protest was to expose the national broadcaster, who most (not all ;) Liverpool fans contribute over £120 a year to in the form of a licence fee.

The families of the Hillsborough 96 have blatantly not received justice and the reporting of this event back in 1989 by the likes of The S*n newspaper have allowed a distortion in the minds of the general public.  You mention 'compensation'.  What could possibly compensate for the loss of a loved one?  Yesterday's protest was about the truth.  I don't understand where you get the whole area of financial gain from?

The protest achieved it's aims of highlighting the issue to a national audience and John Motson did a great public service expressing the reasons behind the protest.  Maybe you should have another look at what he said?
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/features/video/truthdaynumberone.html

On reflection, I sincerely hope this was a wind up and you are not a Liverpool fan.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 08:39:22 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2007 08:47:38 pm
      What a complete pr**k.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2007 09:12:00 pm
      What a w*nker !!  Sorry guys, couldnt help that !  Another no- mark talking through his/her arse who hasnt got the foggiest what all this is about .  >:D  No wonder there was no return address.

Top marks to John Motson for that coverage, just watched it to see it from the camera's view, couldnt see it properly last night as i was side on to it, it was brilliant.  And as said on the video notes, Mark Lawrenson - hang your head in shame, typical of him, just buries his head in the sand and hopes it will go away, what a knobhead !  >:(
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #40: Jan 08, 2007 09:59:53 am
      Just watched the video coverage as I was at the game. Brilliant - that must have sent a message loud and clear to the watching nation.

John Motson got it spot on and its not often that can be said about press coverage of our club. Lawrenson is a lost cause.

Justice for the 96

Quick Reply