Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

US Masters 2009

Read 2780 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      US Masters 2009
      Apr 10, 2009 08:05:32 pm
      Anyone been watching this?  Not a big golf fan myself but always like to watch the majors. 

I see Rory McIlroy has just hit an eagle on the 13th to take him to four under.  Got high hopes for this lad, gonna be some player.  Also great to see McDowell and Harrington doing well.  Just leave it to the Irish to head the European contingent ;D

Woods is going steady at two under but will probably need to make his move soon if he's to catch Campbell on 9 under
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: US Masters 2009
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2009 12:42:12 pm
      No one else then? :D

Cracking finish yesterday.  Sort of gave the kiss of death to all the Irish lads in my first post.  Sorry fellas.

Cabrera won in a play off beating Perry...felt sorry for Perry who seemed to have it won but showed great sportsmanship at the end.  That Woods and Mickelson pairing was awesome and did well to even get as close as they did.  That handshake at the end though just proved how much they loathe each other.  Woods especially is a bit of a sore loser. 
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2009 12:49:05 pm
      Not only did Woods not win but he had a bit of a golfing lesson in the first 9 holes. I always think Micklesons the kind of guy you could have a pint with.Perry must be gutted he hardly played a bad shot all day.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2009 12:50:17 pm
      I didn't watch any of it until last night. I saw the last few holes before the finish, bloody great it was haha! Then I went to bed before the play-off's because it was getting late and I had to be up earlyish to get on with some work today.

So Cabrera won then? Haha what a turn around that was. How many holes in the playoff did it take him to win? What happened to Campbell?

Also did you notice they showed Perry's shot about 20 times haha, yes it was a great shot but I was bored after the 5th showing!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2009 02:22:56 pm
      ^^^ Cabrera won it on the second playoff hole and Campbell was eliminated after the first play off hole.

Last night was brilliant. The way first Mickleson and then Woods charged up the leaderboard and faltered at the end combined with the way Cabrera screwed up the start and came storming back....the whole things was super.

Congratulations to Angel Cabrera on a brilliant win.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2009 02:28:32 pm
      So Cabrera won then? Haha what a turn around that was. How many holes in the playoff did it take him to win? What happened to Campbell?

Campbell was in the play-off too, but bogeyed the first play off hole so he was out as the other two got par. Cabrera won it on the second play off hole with a par, Perry missed the green with his second and fluffed the chip.

Yesterday was very exciting, yeah Woods is getting too cocky, Mickelson really played superb golf but hitting the water on the 12th knocked the stuffing out of him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2009 02:30:39 pm
      Thankyou for the info :)

Quick Reply