Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn - Post match celebration

Read 20715 times
      eraser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn - Post match celebration
      Reply #46: Apr 11, 2009 06:57:25 pm
      If Bolton could have scored 3 goals so we also can.  ;)
      Gui F.J.V
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #47: Apr 11, 2009 07:00:43 pm
      'Torres - back finding the net again. 1 midweek, 2 today, 3 next game? '    for sure my friend !
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Apr 11, 2009 07:02:47 pm
      Insua played really well!he put some really killer crosses.its way better than Rieras cross.only 19.could become a world class LB one day.hope to see him at Bridge.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #49: Apr 11, 2009 07:05:49 pm
      Well in lads, sound performance.  Only saw the last half hour - such a frustrating morning!  We were going to look at a car, autotrader said matey was 54 miles from us, so we got up early-ish to be there and back before kick off.  Got in the car, fired up the old TomTom, and it said 92 miles to your destination!

I think it might be 54 miles as the crow flies, but I don't have a helicopter!  So broke all the speed limits coming back!!

Anyway, double result, got a very nice 'new' car, and a thumping win for the boys!!!

:scarf:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #50: Apr 11, 2009 07:22:24 pm
      I agree Kenny it was a poor Blackburn side but lets not forget they are also big and physical side capable of an upset. We absoulutely hammered them and I think it should have been at least 7-0. Danny Agger F**k i missed that lad and seeing him carry that ball with such valour and confidence was a refreshing site. On the other hand I thought Albert had a really good first half and was bullied by the Rovers defence, he was much deeper in the oppositions half and looked more dangerous because Insua had a blinder of a game and allowed him the space to do so.

Well in boys!

If I was Chelsea I would be affraid, very affraid because we are going through!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Apr 11, 2009 08:37:09 pm
      Great response from the defeat!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #52: Apr 11, 2009 08:52:20 pm

Didnt get to see the match, but the resounding claim is that we played well. Thats good to know, I like the fact Benayoun's worth is finally being realized. Watch the goals in the goals thread. Absolute brilliance from Nando and D'agger. Good to see Ngog getting in as well, will add a booster to his confidence.

All in all 4-0 is becoming a familiar score line with Liverpool, seems as if we missed a lot though. Anyone reckon another 4 against Chelsea? Thats retorical in a sense, as its only Chelsea....
      NandoTheLegend
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 11, 2009 09:30:21 pm
      Didn't see the game but 3 pts are sweet. So ManU will have some more pressure, that's all what our boys can & should do worry about. I say: Don't bring Gerrard, Torres & Co. on the second leg vs. Chelsea...we need all f**king energy and manpower in the league now. DROP CL, Rafa!

Are u mad??
      Melissa W
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #54: Apr 11, 2009 09:38:08 pm
      Lucas is an absolute joke, how
      can anybody mention him
      and LFC in the same sentence
      JUSTICE FOR THE 96
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #55: Apr 11, 2009 09:46:30 pm
      Fantastic result !! would have happily settled for a 1-0 but 4-0 ..amazing ..do not let agger leave !! he is vital to our future.looking forward to seing the goals again .nando's finishing brill  !! and as for agger ...( big fan of his ) glad Rafa put that team out ,that sould send shivers down every prem team now ..well done the lads !! ynwa
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #56: Apr 11, 2009 09:54:27 pm
      can anybody mention him

Clearly didn't see the impact he made after coming on today then did you?
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #57: Apr 11, 2009 10:03:35 pm
      It was an emotional day on and off the pitch and the players managed to pull off the perfect result to remember the hillsborough disaster. And a special thank you to Stephen Warnock and Blackburn rovers for their Hillsborough tribute. JFT96 YNWA
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #58: Apr 11, 2009 10:07:51 pm
      can anybody mention him
      JUSTICE FOR THE 96

I'm not Lucas' biggest fan but I do remember an assist by him for our fourth goal.  After all, an assist in about 5 minutes playing time is not bad....is it?

I can think of better games to criticise him in but this wasn't one of them.  And to call him a joke is a joke in itself as he's more successful than anybody on this forum playing for the greatest team in the world.
      thedagger
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #59: Apr 11, 2009 10:19:56 pm
      Nice match. I think, Agger is better then Skrtel and I hope that Dany will play v Chelsea. He´s my favourite player and today´s goal, it´s fantastic.
      We´ll able to score more than 3 goals, but if lucas plays v chelsea, it will be very hard. I think, for example Jay Spearing is better then Brazilian "wonder" but Jay don´t play.
      It´s only Rafa´s resolution and I can´t understand this.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #60: Apr 11, 2009 10:23:26 pm
      Dammit I fell asleeep and missed the game.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #61: Apr 11, 2009 11:49:36 pm
      Fucks sake people, we won comfortablly and went back top (albeit only for a few hours) and this thread has only four pages? I was expecting this thread to buzzing with excitement. We're right in the thick of this title chase and this win gives us another three points to add even more pressure.

We're in great league form, five wins from our last five games conceeding just one and scoring sixteen from nine different goalscorers. We've proven we're good enough, we're finally showing consistantcy and our players are being let to express themselves. On this current run of five wins, we could easily of banged in over twenty goals if the goals at Cravern Cottage had been slightly bigger.

We've got players like Xabi, Aurelio, Dossena, Masch and even Ngog showing signs of their absoloute best. We're not as heavily reliant on Stevie and Nando as were earlier in the season, although we still look to them most but that's only expected. You expect your best players to be the biggest performers, that's common sense. But even when they're having off days, like Nando did at Fulham, we've now got other players capable of putting the ball in the back of the net.

Our defence is just brilliant. Carra as good as ever, Skrtel just doesn't give anything away, Arbeloa improving with every single game in my opinion, Aurelio playing way above his standard, Insua showing no signs of nerves and even Danny Agger coming into the side and popping up with a goal.

Everything is falling into place at long last for Liverpool. We're going for the kill of late and it's showing in our form. This run of five straight league wins is our best run all season, equal with games 6-10. We've had interuptions like Champions League fixtures and an international break but it hasn't turned our focus away from the league, we're going for this title tooth and nail. We fear nobody and don't fear going to any ground in the land.

The players are showing that belief as well, not only in their own game but in their team mates games. Earlier in the season Arbeloa would be a little more nervous about going forward knowing the likely hood of Kuyt losing possesion, but now that's gone and he's just bombing forward at will. The entire club is buzzing and keeping our hopes of number 19 alive.

We look ready for this title, we look ready to jump on any mistake made by our opponents and we're ready to storm away from the chasing pack in the up coming weeks.

It's been a long long time in coming, a run in as important as this one but it's a welcomed run in by all Liverpool fans. We won't allow our players to throw it away now, they've worked too hard to get back into this position. We have walked through the wind and rain this season, our dreams have been tossed and blown a bit but at the end of that storm our sky is golden and our heads are held high with hope in our hearts.

This is our year and I can't believe I doubted that less than two months ago but I did. Thankfully that belief is burning as strong as ever right now, especially after today's game which could of proven to be a banana skin with it being so close to the annerversiarry of the Hillsborough disaster our players minds could of been on more important things than football at this time. And I'm sure the lads wanted to win today for our 96 friends and their loved ones, I even saw Carra point to the banners in the crowd before kick off telling the rest of the lads that's what we're playing for when you put on the Red of Liverpool. You're playing for every single Liverpool fan, past, present and future.

This is our year, the first year of our decade of dominance.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #62: Apr 11, 2009 11:56:30 pm
      can anybody mention him
      JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Have you been thinking to yourself "I think I'll register at LFCReds and slag Lucas off for the hell of it" for a while - or was it a spur-of-the-moment type thing?

He got an assist, he was good today for the time he was on. Poor first post.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #63: Apr 12, 2009 12:02:50 am
      Perhaps there is some hope for Liverpool at Chelsea after all!

Of course there's hope left!!!

Great win, COME ON REDS!!!!

:scarf:
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #64: Apr 12, 2009 12:55:24 am
      Come on Liverpool. Give it everything against Chelea now, and if we don't win we've got to keep winning in the league
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #65: Apr 12, 2009 12:58:12 am
      Come on you reds you can beat chelsea
      MsGerrard
      Reply #66: Apr 12, 2009 01:30:48 am
      Can't believe how many people missed this game  :o

You missed a treat folks.

I agree with DLS........shocked to find it's only four pages long  ::)

I thought we performed very well today, came out the starting blocks meaning business and got the lovely early goal that gives you a nice cushion to build on, and what a goal it was as well.
      Superbly taken by the master goalscorer that is Fernando Torres, added another later on and it was plain sailing, Blackburn were like there Manager........ very disappointing.

Made up for Daniel Agger, scored a beautiful goal today, well deserved, and I would like to see him keep his place for Tuesday.

N'gog keeps making cameo appearances and he keeps scoring, I can't say I'm taken with him yet, but at least he's getting in the right place to score.

Another clean sheet for Pepe, made up for him.  ;D

A couple of things to mention, a wonderful gesture by Blackburn with Stephen Warnock placing a wreath at the kop end, and a wonderfully observed minute's silence too.
      Well done to everyone.

It has been a day of high emotion, tears of sadness for the '96' and tears of joy at the win and going back to the top of the league, even if it was only for a short while.

Oh by the way....Insua was my man of the match.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #67: Apr 12, 2009 02:03:59 am
      Put Agger on in mid week, I remember he score a screamer like that in the CL some time back, can't remember whether its against chelsea. We play them so often that we practically know their back side.  ::)

Also, we really missed Monster M 4 the match we lost. Hes back now, thing are looking bright, its difficult as Rafa said but not unreachable. We'll fight until the very last minutes to get through.

Insua is probably not in the team sheet submitted to UEFA. They have quota for Foreign players submiteed.

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #68: Apr 12, 2009 03:04:11 am
      Yesterday, was a great day for all Liverpool fans. I was there at my cousin's house cheering on the Reds with my cousins and by the time I got back it was 11ish towards midnight or so, therefore didnt really post in the threads.

The performance yesterday absolutely fantastic, a complete dominant one, a stroll in the sunshine, as the commentator said. Well it really looked like a stroll in the sunshine for me at the very least, we were able to pass the ball fluently, without getting into any trouble. We sorted our marking well against an aerial Blackburn side, most goals were stunning, and put it this way, simply Liverpool. It's the Liverpool way of playing no?

The season's approaching its end and there's still 7 games to go for manure, 6 games for us. Its been just luck luck for manure all the way, definitely they do not deserve their extra 4 points, and I admit, this is getting worrying because with each game down it means more chance to them. However, they have to go through a very crucial 7 days with games against Man City, Wigan and Arsenal.

However this has been by far the best season i've witnessed as a Liverpool fan, and normally we'll be only looking to be in the hunt of the title till March or so, but we've exceeded expectations, and really, the mancs fatigue, sloppiness is all setting in. We're still fit as fit as if we've only been through half the season so that is the difference between them, and us. They can't last the pace but we can, we can still go on and play 20 games easily.

All the hype surrounding Macheda has to stop. I know this is off topic, but I am getting sick of it he scored a Gosling like goal against us, and now a lucky goal at Sunderland. Next tevez? Affter 30 minutes of action? Well, dream on mancs. Shouldn't be Gosling mentioned as well? Alright, rant over, you get my point.

Quick Reply