Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

What justice is wanted and what would you regard as justice?

Read 4339 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      What justice is wanted and what would you regard as justice?
      Apr 13, 2009 11:48:21 pm
      I'm wondering if anybody could just tell me the key points as to why it is 'Justice for the 96'.

I'm familiar with the disaster itself and the issues surrounding The Sun but I'm unclear on what justice is being wanted.
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009 12:27:03 am by Ross »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Key Points
      Reply #1: Apr 14, 2009 12:05:29 am
      I'm wondering if anybody could just tell me the key points as to why it is 'Justice for the 96'.

I'm a little anxious about asking this in case I get bad reactions. I wasn't alive at the time and it's never really been properly brought to my attention before this year as I fortunately don't know anybody who was involved.

I know about the Sun and the disaster itself but I'm unclear on what justice is being wanted.

Some sort of Justice would be if those in charge like David Duckinfield, Murray and that Middup from the Police Federation came out and said they lied and covered up the truth of what went on that day. That they fu**ed up and it was their incompetence and lack of control that led to a line of police stood on the half-way line at Hillsborough doing F**k-all and that they also prevented around 40 ambulances from entering onto the field, because they were treating the tragedy as crowd trouble.

That a new inquest is opened, investigating every death of all 96 victims, which would show that a lot of the victims weren't dead before the supposed 3.15pm cut-off point as directed by the original inquest.

And maybe someone from the Tory Government, who were in charge of the country at the time, apologise for their part in creating the vicious lies that have to stuck to us Liverpool fans ever since.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Apr 14, 2009 12:08:47 am
      Some sort of Justice would be if those in charge like David Duckinfield, Murray and that Middup from the Police Federation came out and said they lied and covered up the truth of what went on that day. That they fu**ed up and it was their incompetence and lack of control that led to a line of police stood on the half-way line at Hillsborough doing F**k-all and that they also prevented around 40 ambulances from entering onto the field, because they were treating the tragedy as crowd trouble.

That a new inquest is opened, investigating every death of all 96 victims, which would show that a lot of the victims weren't dead before the supposed 3.15pm cut-off point as directed by the original inquest.

And maybe someone from the Tory Government, who were in charge of the country at the time, apologise for their part in creating the vicious lies that have to stuck to us Liverpool fans ever since.

Thankyou mate, that helps quite a bit.

Is the Sun also involved in the justice, or is it more a matter of opinion?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Apr 14, 2009 12:15:54 am
      ^^^^^
      After the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster, That paper (Kelvin McKenzie) the editor at the time, published a front page heading bearing:

THE TRUTH

- Some fans picked pockets of victims

- Some fans urinated on the brave cops

- Some fans beat up a Police Constable whilst he was administering the kiss of life to a patient

The reports were all found to be lies by the Taylor Report. This caused outrage amongst the people of Liverpool and fans, the paper still sells poorly in the city to this day. It is unavailable in many parts of the city, as many newsagents refuse to stock it and many Liverpool FC fans Boycott this paper.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Apr 14, 2009 12:18:41 am
      ^^^^^
      After the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster, That paper (Kelvin McKenzie) the editor at the time, published a front page heading bearing:

THE TRUTH

- Some fans picked pockets of victims

- Some fans urinated on the brave cops

- Some fans beat up a Police Constable whilst he was administering the kiss of life to a patient

The reports were all found to be lies by the Taylor Report. This caused outrage amongst the people of Liverpool and fans, the paper still sells poorly in the city to this day. It is unavailable in many parts of the city, as many newsagents refuse to stock it and many Liverpool FC fans Boycott this paper.

Cheers aw1, but to be honest I knew that stuff already, makes me sick.

What I'm more looking for is the things that people are searching justice for and what they would call justice.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #5: Apr 14, 2009 12:19:01 am
      No, the involvement of the sun is down to the blatant lies fed to them by the likes of Middup from South Yorkshire Police Federation and Thatcher's press secretary Bernard Ingram (refuse to acknowledge his knighthood, the tory tw*t). Which of course those cu*ts ran on their front page.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Apr 14, 2009 12:22:30 am
      No, the involvement of the sun is down to the blatant lies fed to them by the likes of Middup from South Yorkshire Police Federation and Thatcher's press secretary Bernard Ingram (refuse to acknowledge his knighthood, the tory tw*t). Which of course those cu*ts ran on their front page.

Interesting. See I've always thought that the people involved with The Sun were fully to blame for the printing of them lies, so you think that the people you have mentioned there are more to blame? Or do you think the people involved with the newspaper should have known better than to print that stuff?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: What justice is wanted and what would you regard as justice?
      Reply #7: Apr 14, 2009 01:01:36 am
      What I'm more looking for is the things that people are searching justice for and what they would call justice.

As Huyton Red said above Justice would be an acceptance and accountability for gross negligence on behalf of the guilty parties.

TBH I was in the same boat as you till recently.I've learned about some details and I'll tell you what I know. I apologise if they're not accurate and for points I might have left out.

Why Duckenfield,Murray & Middup hasn't stood trial ?

How did the security videos in and around the ground go "missing" and who took them ?

Why did the police allow 3,000 extra Liverpool fans into an already over-crowded pen?

Why were original police statements altered/tampered?

Why there was blood samples taken from the victims looking for alcohol levels?

Why 40 + ambulances that were outside the ground weren't allowed in?

Why the police were saying it was "hooliganism" and why it took so long for them to react?

Why thatcher's secretary Ingram released a statement blaming the fans after visting Hillsborough the day after?

Why weren't Liverpool given the Kop End, knowing that they had the majority support?

Why was the game allowed to be played at Hillsborough when it didn't have a safety certificate?

The Police said that they were ticketless fans that stormed the barriers, that they were drunk, that were aggresive and assaulted police officers and that it was down to excess amount of Liverpool fans arriving late.

Justice would be an apology for the lies and that the people responsible be held accontable.

JFT 96

YNWA.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #8: Apr 14, 2009 01:08:26 am
      Both to be honest mate. That rag and it's editor knew what they were printing. The police Fed rep had already spoken to the local Sheffield paper and fed them his sh*te, which they were happy to print, believing they were absolving the city of Sheffield and SYP of blame.

That c**t Ingram made comments as early as the Saturday night after speaking to senior police officers. In my book they're as bad as each other with the blatant lies they wanted to slander Liverpool fans with.

One day, that truth will out and I hope all those who have helped to cover-up one of the greatest injustices in British History rot in hell.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #9: Apr 14, 2009 01:42:24 am
      The police told the press lies because they were looking for someone else to take the blame. That's one of the reasons why they were stopping emergenacy help getting to the fans because they didn't want to admit they were in the wrong and couldn't handle what was happening. Their incomptanence caused the disaster and when you see shithouses like Duckenfield and Murray refusing to ever answer questions on the day proves they've got something to hide.

Me dad told me today that Duckenfield quickly left his post in the police due to "health reasons." Well what convienant timing to fall ill is all I say.

As for that rag, they're educated people with university degrees they knew exactly what they were printing at the time. It wasn't some two bob paper, it was a national newspaper. One of the most bought papers as well. They knew what they were printing. 
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Apr 14, 2009 10:16:36 am
      Well things are definately clearer to me now, thanks a lot for your posts they have been brilliant.

Quick Reply