Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Cisse - Should he come back?

Sell him
      (51.2%)
      Bring him back
      (48.8%)

Bring Cisse Back

Read 12184 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Bring Cisse Back
      Dec 30, 2006 01:03:21 pm
      After a long thought, why are we trying to get rid of Djib? He's probably twice as better than Bellamy... Probably better than Kuyt in all.
      Bring The Lad Home.
      We've gotta stop arsing about and bring someone back who can stick it in the net.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Re: Bring Cisse Back
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2006 02:00:12 pm
      ya Cisse is a good player but we dont need him no more. i wud swap him for david villa + 10 mill for him. bellers is a good player and will onlly get beter. we dont need cisse no more.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2006 04:11:01 pm
      I think the personality clash with Rafa was probably more responsible for his departure than his actual footballing prowess.
      Cy
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2006 04:13:34 pm
      Cisse is a good player indeed, but ...A/ he dosent want to play for us anymore.
                                                        B/ His lack of defensive work is unacceptable if you want to play for the shirt.

He is deligthed to be at marseille(last interview I've read from him on the oficial marseille website at least suggest it strongely). as for our strikers of the moment, bellamy is as quick as Cisse, but does more in term of defensive work. Kyut is without a doubt our best weapon, a great signing..
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2006 04:14:38 pm by Cy »
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2006 05:27:58 pm
      yeah bring him back, fowler will most probly go in the summer, so it will mean 3 forwards, so bring back cisse hopefully he can play well, also we sinama pongolle is in rafa plans for next seasons so who knows what will happen.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2006 05:35:07 pm
      lads r we forgettin the get pongolle?? mayb we should have ciise pongolle partnership... would be good... both intellegent and quick
      Fowler even thou he is god... isnt as great as he was and will probs be there one more season or two ... I love fowler (no im not gay) but hes gettin on and we need young hopefuls to play (ciise, pongolle etc)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2006 07:45:42 pm
      lads r we forgettin the get pongolle?? mayb we should have ciise pongolle partnership... would be good... both intellegent and quick
      Fowler even thou he is god... isnt as great as he was and will probs be there one more season or two ... I love fowler (no im not gay) but hes gettin on and we need young hopefuls to play (ciise, pongolle etc)
      Welcome back JC.
      Pongolle said the reds and him are finished. Fair enough I was angry at his loan to Blackburn last season but now he has gone on to disrespect us. I couldn't care where he ends up in the end. But anyway, Cisse wants to come back to the club. But your idea of the Cisse, Pongolle partnership sounds good but with the demand of striking places there would be room for one of them.
      But at the end of the day it is up to the manager and whatever happens - happens.
      We'll just have to wait and see.
      Some people seem to forget but Djibrill won us the UEFA Super Cup, single handedly.
      Scoring two of the goals and assisting the third goal.
      And he contributed in the Champions League Final Penalty Shoot Out scoring a penatly.
      And got on the scoresheet for the FA Cup Final.
      I know he never scored as much as he really should have but if Benitez has all the time to give to Bellamy and players like Gonzalez to adapt to the team why can't Djib have a second chance? I know we always saw a disgusted look on Djib's face if he wasn't playing or things wasn't going his way, is because he is a winner.
      He scored 19 times last season. YES 19 times. Did any other striker that we had beat him on scoring? No.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2006 08:16:42 pm by Court_LFC »
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2006 09:13:48 pm

He scored 19 times last season. YES 19 times.

19 goals while being played out of position for most of the season, come on rafa put aside the personal differences and get him back here!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2006 10:49:15 pm
      Pongolle did say him and the Reds are finished, but Rafa has stated there is a place for him at Anfield. So he may be back - as a winger ??
      I say sell Crouch - £12m, if someones daft enough to pay that then snap there hands off !!
      Only problem is that Cisse is a seaon long loan (I think - correct me if I'm wrong), so we would need a replacement for the rest of the season if Crouch goes.
      Bring Cisse back at the end of his loan, sell Crouch (£12m) next week and bring in a striker on loan for the rest of the season. - simple when your sat here  ;D :angel:
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2006 12:22:57 am
      19 goals while being played out of position for most of the season, come on rafa put aside the personal differences and get him back here!!
      I like what you said there... You're right, he was played out position. But when he was stuck upfront he never really got the chances to show everyone at Anfield of what he is really capeable of.
      Plus, suppose Tommo.... if Crouchy does go someone will have to fill his boots.
      Maybe a recall from loan perhaps? :D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2006 11:25:14 am
      After a long thought, why are we trying to get rid of Djib? He's probably twice as better than Bellamy... Probably better than Kuyt in all.
      Bring The Lad Home.
      We've gotta stop arsing about and bring someone back who can stick it in the net.

I have to disagree in a big way. Cisse had pace there is no denying that, but he lacked ball control and finese. He was also a slacker when it came to work rate and this is one of the reasons why Rafa didnt like him. Cisse was not played out of position on most of the goals he scored this is an urban myth if Ive ever heard one a large majority of the goals were played from him running into the middle, this is where he is supposed to like playing anyway.

Other things to take into consideration is the fact that Cisse acts like an immature spoilt child, screaming out for attention, hence all the different hairdos tattoos and the massive cardboard cutout of himself on his own back at the cup final. Cisse is the sort of player who demands to be centre of attention and needs the accolade of the arm over around the shoulder from the manager stating "your the star son come on now we cant do this without you".

Now im not totally against him as a player he has some good attributes, and to be honest he made me laugh with some of his antics last season. Unfortunately he is not a team player in the sense of being a cog in the wheel of the red machine, and some of his tempermental shortcomings are mostly the reason why Rafa wanted rid of him. Sorry all but thats the bottom line and if you look at the evidence you know Im right and thats a fact.

As for the comparision between him and Bellers well I think Bellers has the makings for a kop legend myself, he has the same pace as Cisse if not quicker and has better ball control, once he learns to keep his temper in check (which there have been signs of already this season) then he will become a class act. Ok he too has his shortcomings but sometimes in order to get the best from players using the shrewd man management skills which Rafa has in abundance, you have to sway and look at whos personnalitys can be shaped to fit the cogs in the wheels of the red machine. Rafa can do that with Bellers but could not do it with Cisse and this is why Cisse in my opion should never see the light of day in a red shirt again.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Dec 31, 2006 11:29:58 am
      I have to disagree in a big way. Cisse had pace there is no denying that, but he lacked ball control and finese. He was also a slacker when it came to work rate and this is one of the reasons why Rafa didnt like him. Cisse was not played out of position on most of the goals he scored this is an urban myth if Ive ever heard one a large majority of the goals were played from him running into the middle, this is where he is supposed to like playing anyway.

Other things to take into consideration is the fact that Cisse acts like an immature spoilt child, screaming out for attention, hence all the different hairdos tattoos and the massive cardboard cutout of himself on his own back at the cup final. Cisse is the sort of player who demands to be centre of attention and needs the accolade of the arm over around the shoulder from the manager stating "your the star son come on now we cant do this without you".

Now im not totally against him as a player he has some good attributes, and to be honest he made me laugh with some of his antics last season. Unfortunately he is not a team player in the sense of being a cog in the wheel of the red machine, and some of his tempermental shortcomings are mostly the reason why Rafa wanted rid of him. Sorry all but thats the bottom line and if you look at the evidence you know Im right and thats a fact.

As for the comparision between him and Bellers well I think Bellers has the makings for a kop legend myself, he has the same pace as Cisse if not quicker and has better ball control, once he learns to keep his temper in check (which there have been signs of already this season) then he will become a class act. Ok he too has his shortcomings but sometimes in order to get the best from players using the shrewd man management skills which Rafa has in abundance, you have to sway and look at whos personnalitys can be shaped to fit the cogs in the wheels of the red machine. Rafa can do that with Bellers but could not do it with Cisse and this is why Cisse in my opion should never see the light of day in a red shirt again.

Good post, thoroughly agree with you there mate
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #12: Dec 31, 2006 11:34:13 am
      Good post Pragmatic.  But to be fair there is a number of players at Anfield who I would not consider to be 'team players'.  I don't think Cisse is the only one. 

Okay he was a lazy b***ard, frustratingly lazy but you can't deny he could find the net.

On the whole if he is going to rock the boat then surely no player in the world is worth that.  But he was there at Istanbul - involved in one of finest hours.  We won the European Cup with this 'prima donna' in our ranks.

Just a thought.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2007 02:27:35 pm
      If we bring back cisse and sell crouch then will our best strike force be Kuyt-Bellamy or Fowler-Cisse ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2007 03:11:38 pm
      Crouch is staying mate.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2007 04:23:39 pm
      Cisse?? Back at Anfield??  Pllllllllease guys - Sorry I have to disagree at some of the posts here.  Cisse is a decent forward, BUT he's too full of himself, and doesn't have the attitude that goes with our huge club. Oh yeah AND he's lazy.  If he doesn't get ball to feet he winges instead of chasing after it- twit. I'm glad he's gone. I prefer Sinama Pongolle any day.

The Captain & Carra should have hauled his (Cisse) ass in front of the trophy cabinet, and said to him - " you see the history mate, this is what we're about - stop fannying about"!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #16: Jan 02, 2007 11:40:12 pm
      Bring The Lad Home.

No way the Lad is sh*te, I cant believe that you can say he's better that Kuyt!?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Jan 03, 2007 01:08:49 am
      No way the Lad is sh*te, I cant believe that you can say he's better that Kuyt!?
      I don't know, just Cisse seemed to have the qualities...
      But all I am thinking is everyone thought Drogba was a waste of time. And everyone thought he had flopped. He was given the chance to adapt. And he adapted. Maybe it could of happened with Cisse and I do agree with the personality of Cisse that some of you have mentioned. Yeah' he did expect us to go come on son we can't do it without you. But at the end of the day it's the ability that counts. I thought Cisse was far better than Drogba in the Premiership when Drogba was at Chelsea but all's I can say is 'what if?' and nothing more. I know there is a VERY small chance of Cissé making an Anfield comeback but all's we can do is wait and see.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #18: Jan 03, 2007 01:33:37 am
      I think its time to let bygones be bygones. We are a club moving forward and it was obvious that Djib was not the player Rafa wanted. He has much more promising plans up his sleeve for spending in the summer I'm sure. David Villa, Fernando Torres etc. Reds are on way up, Houiller's regime is almost reversed and I think we look like title contenders next time round. I know we always say this but if we can play excellent football at home and win virtually all, a little more strength in the squad will bring that to away fixtures too.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Jan 03, 2007 02:38:38 am
      I think its time to let bygones be bygones. We are a club moving forward and it was obvious that Djib was not the player Rafa wanted. He has much more promising plans up his sleeve for spending in the summer I'm sure. David Villa, Fernando Torres etc. Reds are on way up, Houiller's regime is almost reversed and I think we look like title contenders next time round. I know we always say this but if we can play excellent football at home and win virtually all, a little more strength in the squad will bring that to away fixtures too.
      Your right mate, we are moving forward in more ways than others. We just have to sort out them away spells and starts of the seasons. Then we are on our way.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 03, 2007 11:46:24 pm
      WE DONT NEED CISSE NO MORE!!! Good player he will prob come bk and score against us in Europe, but wit the take over hopefully round the corner and money to spend we can get better than him. plus hes French! nout against the french but in all fairness they all want the attention. sorry guys we are goin places with out him.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #21: Jan 03, 2007 11:51:24 pm
      Couldnt agree with you more Madzz, get shut of Cisse and move on. If you ask me, he was a huge disappointment at the club, and not welcome back. Some players are just not cut out for the premiership, he and Morientes fall into that group. No fear of him knocking us out of Champions League, Marseille won't get that far
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22: Jan 06, 2007 09:51:17 pm
      Couldnt agree with you more Madzz, get shut of Cisse and move on. If you ask me, he was a huge disappointment at the club, and not welcome back. Some players are just not cut out for the premiership, he and Morientes fall into that group. No fear of him knocking us out of Champions League, Marseille won't get that far
      i wouldn't say cisse didn't adapt to the prem, just not to the idea of him not being the star player. before i believed we should bring him back as we wern't scoring but now we seem to have got some form, and while i wouldn't mind seeing him back i don't think we really need him.

Quick Reply