Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Cisse - Should he come back?

Sell him
      (51.2%)
      Bring him back
      (48.8%)

Bring Cisse Back

Read 12185 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Bring Cisse Back
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2007 08:41:40 pm
      I'm not going to lock this poll until the 'Bring Cisse back' option has more votes ;)

Seriously though - nice to see him getting a hat-trick.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.  Suppose he is actual increasing in value if nothing else?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Jan 08, 2007 02:00:36 am
      I'm not going to lock this poll until the 'Bring Cisse back' option has more votes ;)

Seriously though - nice to see him getting a hat-trick.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.  Suppose he is actual increasing in value if nothing else?
      If we sell him, we sell him. But I would like to see him back...
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 08, 2007 05:57:08 pm
      I would love him back but it will not happen while Rafa is the manager.  Rafa does not not really like Cisse.

yes he not the hardest worker but he scores goals.  started 19 league games and scored 9 goals last season.  crouch started 29 and scored 7.  Cisse will score loads this season for Marseille.  he will only play half a season but I be he bangs in plenty.

his value will not go up.  OM are not silly, the price will already have been agreed!  OM would not put Cisse in the shop window and then have Liverpool ask for more money.  I think we will get £6m max.  OM are in a good position as they know Rafa wants too sell ASAP.

this video shows that the guy can score goals.  Rafa never really gave him a run in the team as a striker even when crouch and morientes were struggling big time.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6TebPMQQQ

here is the 3 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2paWwDEVKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmD7fQcV6B8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gpmc7beAG4
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2007 06:09:20 pm by kawada »
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 08, 2007 06:22:42 pm
      crazy horse cisse is better than kuyt nt in work rate but in the finishin hes miles better and in pace
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Jan 08, 2007 10:11:30 pm
      crazy horse cisse is better than kuyt nt in work rate but in the finishin hes miles better and in pace

Sorry the only thing you can use as evidence for that assumption is the pace argument. Cisse is nowhere near the class of player Kuyt is. As for Cisses finishing, dont make me laugh, he could have won the game for us against the SCUM at Old Crapford last season instead he decided to shoot over the crossbar. Kuyts workrate is his talismon and if you have bothered to research out any of his goals while he was in holland you would see what a great finisher he is, and by far the more superior player in technical ability, ball control and temprement.

Everyone may hark on about him scoring a hatrick at the weekend, but lets face it the french league is no where near as quick as the EPL or as hard. I still stand whole heartedly by what I stated some posts upward. I think we are well rid of him as he just will not fit in with Rafas red machine plans and he has brittle bones to boot. Hes bound to break his third leg before long anyway lmao ;D ;D.

Cisses only type of game is sprint as fast as you can up the middle then whack the ball as hard as you can goalward, and that is about his game, plain and simple really.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2007 10:13:16 pm by pragmatic »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Jan 08, 2007 11:19:33 pm

Every one is entittled to thier own opinion, but Im amazed that anyone can have that opinion.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 09, 2007 10:03:33 am
      Sorry the only thing you can use as evidence for that assumption is the pace argument. Cisse is nowhere near the class of player Kuyt is. As for Cisses finishing, dont make me laugh, he could have won the game for us against the SCUM at Old Crapford last season instead he decided to shoot over the crossbar. Kuyts workrate is his talismon and if you have bothered to research out any of his goals while he was in holland you would see what a great finisher he is, and by far the more superior player in technical ability, ball control and temprement.

Everyone may hark on about him scoring a hatrick at the weekend, but lets face it the french league is no where near as quick as the EPL or as hard. I still stand whole heartedly by what I stated some posts upward. I think we are well rid of him as he just will not fit in with Rafas red machine plans and he has brittle bones to boot. Hes bound to break his third leg before long anyway lmao ;D ;D.

Cisses only type of game is sprint as fast as you can up the middle then whack the ball as hard as you can goalward, and that is about his game, plain and simple really.

he misses 1 chance and people go on like he killed someone.  Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch have all missed sitters.

I think the vid I put up shows Cisse can finish with a wide range of goals.  Yes it is Ligue 1 but for auxerre he showed that he knows how to score goals.  if he is so rubbish how did he score more goals than drogba and morientes in 2003/2004 season?  I have been watching cisse play since he first broke into the auxerre team and French U-21's and I have always said he was a goal scorer and i still believe that.  If he was playing for arsenal he would be great for them as the way they play suites his game more. 

Rafa likes both strikers too come deep and play with back to goal.  that did not suit cisse just like it never suited morientes.
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2007 11:41:09 am by kawada »
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2007 12:11:59 pm
      You can't really compare Cisse and Kuyt because they are two completely different players with only one common stat. They are both prolific goalscorers in their own countries. Kuyt is a workhouse and is a fan favourite because of this even though he isn't as prolific but his goal record is not bad. Cisse is quick and gets in behind defences but does not put in any work to track back.

I feel Cisse wasn't given enough time to settle in and was played out of position but his goal record wasn't the worst and I would be happy to see him back. Only if he puts in more work and if he is fully commited to the club. But I get the impression that he doesn't want to come back and if thats the case then it's not the end of the world!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #31: Jan 09, 2007 01:11:36 pm
      The comparison between the two strikers must come in what effect they have on the team. Kuyt's energy and enthusiasm flows through the side and gets the rest of the team buzzing when we attack, Cisse always looked lethargic and uninterested at times (not least in the FA cup final when there was a trophy to be won and he was moping around because he had a sore toe or something!). Kuyt scores goals and is still settling into our club, I've said before that I only think that we are seeing 70% of the real Dirk Kuyt and there's alot more to come. At the top level, while playing in the Premiership and European cup my money will always be on Kuyt to score more than Cisse.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 09, 2007 01:45:44 pm
      Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo has hailed Djibril Cisse as the striker the French club have been missing since the sale of Didier Drogba.

On Saturday the on-loan Liverpool man enjoyed his best outing since recovering from a broken leg as he scored a hat-trick in l'OM's Coupe de France victory over fifth division side Cambrai.

After his sterling performance the French international drew the plaudits, with club supremo Anigo joining the chorus of praise by describing Cisse as the perfect replacement for Drogba - who scored 18 goals in 35 league games before his move to Chelsea in 2004.

"Since Didier Drogba, we haven't had a true striker like Djibril," Anigo told L'Equipe.

"An attacker who shows such selfishness, in the good sense of the word.

"In his head, all he can see is the goal. He is always looking to shoot and to score, from any position, just like Didier and Jean-Pierre (Papin).

"When you have this kind of striker, it is simple - you have to play to his strengths."

Marseille coach Albert Emon has conceded he will have to build his team around the partnership of Cisse and Franck Ribery after the two internationals combined to good effect.

"These two talented players have rarely had the chance to play together," said Emon. "They are complementing each other. That can cause a lot of damage to our opponents.

"Our other players have to adapt to that duo. Against Cambrai the Ribery-Cisse relationship worked fine but for the rest it was not great.

"We have to be stronger in defence to allow those two players to focus only on attack."

evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 09, 2007 01:56:41 pm
      I heard that Rafa was constantly frustrated by Cisse's inability to pick up new tactics.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #34: Jan 09, 2007 02:02:29 pm
      he misses 1 chance and people go on like he killed someone.  Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch have all missed sitters.

I think the vid I put up shows Cisse can finish with a wide range of goals.  Yes it is Ligue 1 but for auxerre he showed that he knows how to score goals.  if he is so rubbish how did he score more goals than drogba and morientes in 2003/2004 season?  I have been watching cisse play since he first broke into the auxerre team and French U-21's and I have always said he was a goal scorer and I still believe that.  If he was playing for arsenal he would be great for them as the way they play suites his game more. 

Rafa likes both strikers too come deep and play with back to goal.  that did not suit cisse just like it never suited morientes.

He had more than one missed chance last season and that is a fact that one against the SCUM was the one I will remember as it could have won the game and proves that Cisse is not much in the 6 yard box as he snatches at things and lacks ball control. I really cant understand why everyone is so hung up on him at this moment in time ok he has scored goals but to be fair he does not have the right attitude to compliment what Rafa wants to do with the side. I also never said he was rubbish and your comparison to drogba and Spanish Eric is not in context with my earlier posts. To cut a long story short and not for the want of repeating myself Cisse has a very narrow criteria to his game his workrate is bad his attitude stinks, he lacks ball control this is a fact you cannot deny, and by posting a few youtube videos of him scoring goals does not reflect the true picture of his entire game.

Personally I think people should take a step back and be more objective in their statements, and remember one thing first and formost, GH bought Cisse not Rafa, Rafa has different ideas and needs players to be more cohesive and not disruptive, its called morale and showing a public face of unity and strength. When someone rocks the boat and continues to moan and make comments to the public which do not show unity and strength then I'm afraid that that person has to be removed from the picture to quote a phrase "the needs of the many outway the needs of the one" (YES I LOVE STAR TREK AND I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS). Like I stated above Cisse has an ego the size of a planet and he needs this ego to be caressed and stroked and if its not then he doesn't like it this is fact you cannot deny, and I'm sorry but individuals do make a team no matter how great you think they are.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #35: Jan 09, 2007 04:06:47 pm
      some fair points about kuyt is work rate is great but id sooner have cisse he got us a vital goal against west ham in the fa cup
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 12, 2007 10:13:36 am
      Marseille vs Bayern Goals in Dubai Cup

Quality finishing from Nasri and Cisse

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/mc_vid32274.shtml
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #37: Jan 12, 2007 10:17:57 am
      Got to agree with Pragmatic here...Cisse was never a team player or put the workrate in you would expect.....he won't be back.
      gerrardtheleg
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 12, 2007 02:20:13 pm
      cisse couldn't stick it in the net!! he was useless I'm sorry but i was really glad wene he left and kuyt is 10 times better then cisse!!! that was one of houliers rubbish buys along with all the rest!!! we need a decent finisher and a decent runner with the ball thats why we should sign David villa because he is a brilliant striker!!!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #39: Jan 12, 2007 02:48:49 pm
      Ive got to agree hes not a team player and a lazy bar steward, but when i watch last season review DVD he does seem to be on the end of a lot of good goals.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Jan 12, 2007 03:22:15 pm
      cisse couldn't stick it in the net!! he was useless I'm sorry but I was really glad wene he left and kuyt is 10 times better then cisse!!! that was one of houliers rubbish buys along with all the rest!!! we need a decent finisher and a decent runner with the ball thats why we should sign David villa because he is a brilliant striker!!!
      Thats why he scored 19 goals.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 12, 2007 05:18:24 pm
      cisse couldn't stick it in the net!! he was useless I'm sorry but I was really glad wene he left and kuyt is 10 times better then cisse!!! that was one of houliers rubbish buys along with all the rest!!! we need a decent finisher and a decent runner with the ball thats why we should sign David villa because he is a brilliant striker!!!

yeah but it is never gonna happen.  David Villa has a £40m buy out clause!!  If cisse couldnt put it in the net how would you describe Crouch or Morientes.  oh and Bellamy, Crouch and Kuyt will not score more than 19 goals this season.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2007 05:20:48 pm by kawada »
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2007 03:07:59 pm
      Anyone disagree on bringing him back now?
      His goal record at the moment is pretty impressive.
      BRING... HIM... BACK
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2007 03:38:54 pm
      There is no argument that he can put the ball away in France, and when he played for us in Europe but 13 League goals in 49 games is not good enough for us to push on and win titles. Yes I know he was played out of position but I think his failing is he just isn’t suited to the English game.
      In 19 games for Valencia in the first half of the 2006/07 season, Morientes has scored 12 goals in all competitions, which is equal to the total amount of goals he scored in 61 matches during his time at Liverpool do you want him back as well?
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2007 03:45:08 pm
      There is no argument that he can put the ball away in France, and when he played for us in Europe but 13 League goals in 49 games is not good enough for us to push on and win titles. Yes I know he was played out of position but I think his failing is he just isn’t suited to the English game.
      In 19 games for Valencia in the first half of the 2006/07 season, Morientes has scored 12 goals in all competitions, which is equal to the total amount of goals he scored in 61 matches during his time at Liverpool do you want him back as well?

how many of them 49 were starts.  how can you say 49 games when you know for a fact he spent more time on the bench.

he got 19 goals in 24 starts last year.  9 league goals in 19 starts..  Morientes started the majority of games so you cannot compare.  Cisse started less games then all other strikers and still scored more.

His ratio for goal per minute on the pitch was pretty impressive for liverpool.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2007 04:12:07 pm
      how many of them 49 were starts.  how can you say 49 games when you know for a fact he spent more time on the bench.

he got 19 goals in 24 starts last year.  9 league goals in 19 starts..  Morientes started the majority of games so you cannot compare.  Cisse started less games then all other strikers and still scored more.

His ratio for goal per minute on the pitch was pretty impressive for liverpool.

Morientes played in fewer League games than Cisse in 05/06 and 04/05 but to be honest it doesn’t matter as he was a pudding for us anyway! You have missed the point iam trying to make. I was talking about winning the league with a good target man who weighs in with goals as well as creating for others. Cisse does not score as many in the league as he does in Europe or cup competitions, granted he may have been sub for some games but you cant tell me he only came on with ten minutes left in every game.
      He may come back a different player and be worth a chance but given Rafa’s record of backtracking over a decision it just won’t happen.

Quick Reply