Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao)

Read 37127 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao)
      Reply #92: Apr 12, 2010 10:57:33 pm
      Good goal.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #93: Apr 12, 2010 11:24:30 pm
      We need a winger, not a central midfielder.
      Secondly, Almeria are crap in La Liga, scoring against them is hardly a significant achievement.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 13, 2010 12:15:36 am
      We need a winger, not a central midfielder.
      Secondly, Almeria are crap in La Liga, scoring against them is hardly a significant achievement.

harsh  :-\
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #95: Apr 20, 2010 08:31:04 am
      Edit: oh sh*t, someone already posted the goal :D

Anyway, just watched it, absolutely brilliant
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #96: Apr 20, 2010 08:41:50 am
      That is a great goal.

Number7, stop being a tool.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #97: Apr 20, 2010 02:51:21 pm

I've championed the signing of this lad since I first registered, he's as dynamic as a young Gerrard was, he's a total box to midfielder who can cover a lot of ground very quickly due to the length of his legs, but he's skilfull too in a similar way that Crouch was and the best thing is, his best years are ahead of him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #98: Apr 20, 2010 02:57:30 pm
      I've championed the signing of this lad since I first registered, he's as dynamic as a young Gerrard was, he's a total box to midfielder who can cover a lot of ground very quickly due to the length of his legs, but he's skilfull too in a similar way that Crouch was and the best thing is, his best years are ahead of him.

We don't need another box to box player though blood. We need a creative midfielder. A more robust version of Pacheco that would cope with the rigors of enlglish football
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Apr 20, 2010 03:11:19 pm
      We don't need another box to box player though blood. We need a creative midfielder. A more robust version of Pacheco that would cope with the rigors of enlglish football.

He can run and orchestrate a midfield mate and he has a good range of passing, he's a very good player when you think the likes of Xavi, Inniesta, Alonso and Fabreags are the only players keeping him out the Spanish National Squad as said by del Bosque, thats testament to his ability really.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #100: Apr 20, 2010 03:28:35 pm
      Are we actually linked to this guy or are you just a fan? Cause while I do agree that we need another midfielder I dont want to start speculating on one that isnt even on our radar. We do need another midfielder but we have three attacking midfielders in a system where we only utilize one so I think we would be better off with a player like Miguel Marcos Madera who could be another player to snap off a premier league team on the cheap seeing as he has gone to Birmingham and hardly featured.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #101: Apr 20, 2010 03:32:12 pm
      Yeh weve been linked to him strongly for what will be 3 seasons, going off repoerts, Rafa has had him scouted towards the back end of this season, I can see it happening this year as I don't think Rafa will want this one turning into a Villa Silva, Alves, the ones that got away situation.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #102: Apr 20, 2010 03:33:55 pm
      Yeh weve been linked to him strongly for what will be 3 seasons, going off repoerts, Rafa has had him scouted towards the back end of this season, I can see it happening this year as I don't think Rafa will want this one turning into a Villa Silva, Alves, the ones that got away situation.

Reckon the list of players we would have if Rafa was given and extra 5 million when asked for would equate to an awesome team
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #103: Apr 20, 2010 03:39:33 pm
      Yep it's pretty fu**ed up really when you look at our squad and think it could have contained, Silva, Villa, Alves, Joaquin, Barry etc.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #104: Apr 20, 2010 03:42:15 pm
      Yep it's pretty fu**ed up really when you look at our squad and think it could have contained, Silva, Villa, Alves, Joaquin, Barry etc.

why would you do that to me?
      (btw - just for starters you can add Aguero to that list)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #105: Apr 20, 2010 03:43:42 pm

The money we could have got Alves for is criminal. Parry you b@st@rd
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #106: Apr 20, 2010 03:50:36 pm
      The money we could have got Alves for is criminal. Parry you b@st@rd

The money we could have got Ronaldo for, is criminal considering what he sold for, another master stroke by Parry the clown. :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #107: Apr 20, 2010 04:06:41 pm
      The money we could have got Ronaldo for, is criminal considering what he sold for, another master stroke by Parry the clown. :)
      Amazing how lightly he got off.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #108: Apr 20, 2010 09:34:06 pm

i thought it was houllier who didnt want to sign ronaldo?? said he was too young for the fee quoted?? anyway whoever it was f*cked up!

Martinez is a quality player, but surely we will only sign him if one of the other central midfielders is sold????
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #109: Apr 20, 2010 11:22:35 pm
      i thought it was houllier who didnt want to sign ronaldo?? said he was too young for the fee quoted?? anyway whoever it was f*cked up!

Martinez is a quality player, but surely we will only sign him if one of the other central midfielders is sold????

See ya Lucas  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #110: Apr 20, 2010 11:45:26 pm
      I thought it was houllier who didnt want to sign ronaldo?? said he was too young for the fee quoted??

It was. Wanted to wait an extra year or something because he didn't feel he was ready, which at the time he probably wasn't because he was crap for the first few years in England. Still, would have been better to have not let him end up going to the Mancs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #111: Apr 21, 2010 07:43:02 pm
      why would you do that to me?
      (btw - just for starters you can add Aguero to that list)

Add to that Mexes as well even though it was back in Houllier's days
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #112: Apr 23, 2010 03:09:56 pm
      A big solid holding player who we could really turn into one of the best! ive seen him play quite a few times! he would of been an ideal replacement for Alonso over Aquilani but dont get your hopes up Martinez has said before that he dont want to play in the EPL.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #113: Apr 23, 2010 03:13:14 pm
      A big solid holding player who we could really turn into one of the best! ive seen him play quite a few times! he would of been an ideal replacement for Alonso over Aquilani but dont get your hopes up Martinez has said before that he dont want to play in the EPL.

He also said last season when linked with us during Alonso's departure, that it was a honour to be linked with a club such as Liverpool, and if it ever came to anything he would have to give it serious consideration, or words to that effect.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #114: May 10, 2010 10:07:45 pm
      Mirror is quoting 15 million price tag and interest from Chelski

Quick Reply