Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sunday snippets involving LFC 31/12/06

Read 1808 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Sunday snippets involving LFC 31/12/06
      Dec 31, 2006 01:02:51 pm
      A few snippets from the Sunday Rags involving Liverpool.

Valencia will only let star striker David Villa go to Liverpool if they get Anfield keeper Jose Reina as part of the deal. (The People)

Newcastle and West Ham are attempting to scupper Liverpool's hopes of landing Blackburn defender Lucas Neill. (News of the World)

Defender Matthew Upson, who has been linked to Newcastle, Tottenham and Liverpool, will spark a £6m bidding war this week by snubbing a new Birmingham contract. (News of the World)

Watford are lining up a loan move for Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler and are also interested in Middlesbrough midfielder Ray Parlour. (The Football Paper)

Liverpool are set to make a bid for Beckham on the back of the proposed takeover of the Anfield club by Dubai International Capital. (The People)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Sunday snippets involving LFC 31/12/06
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2006 03:31:48 pm
      David Villa - don't think he is a target. Too expensive - we haven't got the dosh (yet)

Lucas Neill - why oh why do Newcastle have to try and buy every one we go in for. If he is a mercenary he will go to Newcastle.  If he (really) is a fan he will come to us.  Either way - not really too bothered. Finnan has been great this season.

Upson - not needed - not where our priorities lie.  Wingers and attackers is what we need.

Fowler - don't understand the sense in a loan move.  He obviously isn't going to be handed another contract.  He can sign a Bosman with someone from January so we shall see what happens.  I think we have not used the lad anywhere near enough as we should.  Unless there is something we aren't being told.  He deserves a go in the side. Simple as.

Beckham. One word. No.
      paddyb
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2006 05:59:49 pm
      David Villa - don't think he is a target. Too expensive - we haven't got the dosh (yet)

Lucas Neill - why oh why do Newcastle have to try and buy every one we go in for. If he is a mercenary he will go to Newcastle.  If he (really) is a fan he will come to us.  Either way - not really too bothered. Finnan has been great this season.

Upson - not needed - not where our priorities lie.  Wingers and attackers is what we need.

Fowler - don't understand the sense in a loan move.  He obviously isn't going to be handed another contract.  He can sign a Bosman with someone from January so we shall see what happens.  I think we have not used the lad anywhere near enough as we should.  Unless there is something we aren't being told.  He deserves a go in the side. Simple as.

Beckham. One word. No.
      yeah everything you said,and especially no to beckham,in any case his love and loyalty to the mancs means hed never join us.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2006 06:50:25 pm
      Hmm... him or Pennant?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2006 07:31:51 pm
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2006 10:29:43 pm
      Better than Beckham,lets sign Gary Neville  :o
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2006 10:45:05 pm
      Or not.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Jan 01, 2007 01:50:07 am
      :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Now thats the funniest thing Ive heard all year, its now 1.45am lmao.
      Seriously though I would have Beckham over Pennant. Pennant for me has been the worse signing Rafa has ever made. He just does not put the work in and to be honest his crossing has been sh*te total sh*te. He slacks off while people like Dirky baby slog away and work like a f***ing dog to get the job done. Im not one for slating out players and I will support them till deaths door if they wear a red shirt, but I make an exception in Pennants case, he aint settled get rid in Jan an be done with him he is not LFC material im afraid. But then again neither is mach 3 boy but I would prefer him to Pennant Im afraid. BTW yes im pissed totally anyone else here pissed too??
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 01, 2007 11:40:48 pm
      beckham not a cat in hells chance

neill newcastle are welcome to him but i still think he will come to us with warnock going the ther way

fowler i cant really see him playing for another club if he aint playing for liverpool i think he will retire
      Cy
      Reply #9: Jan 02, 2007 12:12:44 pm
      RAFA knows what he will do and only him, you cant take seriously what news of the world is writting. Beckhams is not an option, pennant is doing the job (Bolton anyone?) and a comes back in the premiership is a bad business move for him anyway. My bet : a move the States for him.

Neil, well again, do we need him? we got our wingers and they are doing the job, what we need is someone to hold the middlefield when MOMO is out, that is what we lack a bit right now (although the lads are actually doing a deent job).

As for Fowler, as much as I would like him to play, let's get real!! Kuyt and bellamy are a way miles faster then our Robbie, It would be suicidal to play him for a whole game, he is still a great finisher, but should only been play as a super sub kin of style for the last 15 minutes...Don't get me wrong I adorethe guy, but Kyut, Bellamy and Crouch HAVE to be in front of him for  a starting place.

We could get cover for the right back position, Finnan is doing absolutly fine (as always), a move for Richards, that is making sense, that would explain a loan move for Fowler plus the sell of our players already on loans elsewhere. RAFA knows better, and surely he'll surprise us again..

Quick Reply