Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 42830 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool: Post Match
      Reply #230: Apr 15, 2009 11:23:59 am
      Very Very Proud.

YNWA.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #231: Apr 15, 2009 11:30:23 am
      Big job for Mrs Cech(washing Peter's jockies out last night)I doubt we will ever see him so panick stricken for 90 minutes +.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #232: Apr 15, 2009 12:10:11 pm
      So proud of our team even though we didnt make it through everyone said we had no chance of scoring three goals at the bridge and we did 1 better. All the chavs and manc in the office are giving it what for but F**k them i still love my team and i thought they did F***ing well.
      eraser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #233: Apr 15, 2009 12:13:04 pm
      what do you think about Reina? maybe he insn't strong enough for Liverpool? first goal was on his conscience ???
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #234: Apr 15, 2009 12:19:15 pm
      We dont have a blame culture here. We had a great night give it our best shot and were unlucky in the end. ALL the players give their all. Do you know anything about Riena's performances for Liverpool.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #235: Apr 15, 2009 12:20:55 pm
      If he's the best left back Fabio can find for England GOD HELP THE FUTURE OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL!! :tosser:

I always rated Wayne Bridge above that tosser Cole.

But anyways i digress, Pepe is great for us and he's proved that time and again. Yeah he had a bit of a 'mare last night but he shouldn't beat himself up about it and we shouldn't get on his back. He's still one of the best keepers in the world.
      eraser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #236: Apr 15, 2009 12:24:33 pm
      I agree that we have a great team. I wan't to say "thank you" for our players. They were great all. Maybe I'm wrong about Reina. Sorry
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #237: Apr 15, 2009 12:26:16 pm
      How come Chelsea have managed to find so many horrible characters Lampard, Terry ,Drogba, Cole ,Carvalio I suppose I could just go through their team. Is Ashley Cole the nastiest little oink that's ever played football.
      I agree Wayne Bridge is a better footballer than Cole but he probably is too nice a person to play for Chelsea I hope Barca stuff them. Hiddink needs to get away or he will be tainted by their nasty cynicism too.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #238: Apr 15, 2009 12:28:26 pm
      Hiddink is definitely going at the end of the season, i think he's smart enough to know what a f**king circus it is at Chelski so won't commit long term.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #239: Apr 15, 2009 12:32:13 pm
      I agree that we have a great team. I wan't to say "thank you" for our players. They were great all. Maybe I'm wrong about Reina. Sorry

we lost in that game, so who should we blame? reina or lucas or carra? i don't think we should blame anybody as they played their hearts out. they gave everything they had in that game...proud to say that this is liverpool and this is the fighting spirit,never say die attitude!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #240: Apr 15, 2009 12:38:44 pm
      Hatred for Chelski's scum players aside i think it was one of the best CL games in a long long time that WASN'T a Final.

Our lads did us proud and were undone a little by bad refereeing(as a result of DOGba's shameful acting) and at least one awesome strike by Alex which even i'll applaud, i think we'd be going nuts if we'd scored a goal like that.

Our lads never gave up and the 'fringe' players can be especially proud of themselves for the way they performed. Now lets get that Premier League title in the bag lads!!!
      xxxpip
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #241: Apr 15, 2009 12:39:15 pm
      Well done REDS...........couldn't be more proud of you
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #242: Apr 15, 2009 12:40:19 pm
      what do you think about Reina? maybe he insn't strong enough for Liverpool? first goal was on his conscience ???

you cant blame Reina for one mistake, he has been excellent this season i would rather have him between the sticks than Petr Chec or Van Der Sar, there were numerous mistakes before that you could say the same about Skrtel should he have made the tackle on Drogba or should Aurelio of stopped Anelka crossing the ball or Alonso for losing the ball in Midfield. and so on

The fact is we had to go all out to score 3 goals and that was always going to leave us vulnerable at the back, I have no complaints about any players performances sh*t happens and I today hold my head high and so should every other Redman and Liverpool Player. we supplied the world with a fantastic footballing spectacle and a fitting tribute to the 96.

we lost in that game, so who should we blame? Reina or Lucas or Carra? i don't think we should blame anybody as they played their hearts out. they gave everything they had in that game...proud to say that this is liverpool and this is the fighting spirit,never say die attitude!

Absolutely spot on
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #243: Apr 15, 2009 12:43:42 pm
      You know what, I'm not disappointed at all!

We gave an absolutely solid performance, gave the Chavvies the fright of their lives, and scored 4 spectacular goals! The Red men really played their hearts out and it was quite admirable!

Now onto the league!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #244: Apr 15, 2009 12:49:15 pm
      I think 22 clean sheets say otherwise.
      Kawklee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -3 
      Reply #245: Apr 15, 2009 04:59:48 pm
      Favorite part of the match: Lucas showing drog the 'dive' gesture
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #246: Apr 15, 2009 05:08:00 pm
      We fought to the bitter end. Drogba was an absolute shame, shameful for him and the beautiful game we love.
      When the game ended, I felt so proud to be a LFC Fan, proud, proud proud.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #247: Apr 15, 2009 05:09:26 pm
      Mysteries of the 2nd leg of the Champions League quarter final.

1.Didier Drogba out muscles Jamie Carragher and squares the ball to Michael Ballack who couldn't score...
      2.Didier Drogba fouled by Lucas.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #248: Apr 15, 2009 05:39:39 pm
      Favorite part of the match: Lucas showing drog the 'dive' gesture

Absolutely loved that, perhaps not my favourite part (think that was going 4-3 up, went mental!), but a classic moment anyhow.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #249: Apr 15, 2009 05:48:36 pm
      the part where DOGba did the X thing...guess too many WWE can get into you...that dX thing fits you...they are full of tricks and you are full of s**t...
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #250: Apr 15, 2009 05:55:28 pm
      the part where DOGba did the X thing...guess too many WWE can get into you...that dX thing fits you...they are full of tricks and you are full of s**t...
      Nearly threw something at the TV when he did that the obnoxious c**t. I look forward to watching them get hammered at the nou camp.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #251: Apr 15, 2009 06:03:40 pm
      Yeah, would love it if Liverpool had went 5-3 with 5 seconds left and the whole Liverpool travelling fans do it back to Dropba, ;D.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #252: Apr 15, 2009 06:11:04 pm
      All the boys did everyone proud last night! All of them thoroughly deserved to wear the red shirt and to be honest i'm not at all disappointed that we didn't get through. They played out of their skins and i cannot complain. Xabi Alonso however was on fire last night, and has been for the majority of the season and i will truly be gutted if he leaves. There is no way he could be adequately be replaced by Gareth Barry. Xabi is a maestro in midfield.

Quick Reply